* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/16: EA & God of War Anniversary Sale! $8 The Sims 4, $5 Unravel 1/2, $24 God of War, $5 Burnout Paradis, & More!

#8581 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:14 AM

https://blog.us.play...s4-this-summer/

Double Fine's new game is coming to PS4 this Summer:

https://blog.us.play...-summer-on-ps4/

Bloodroots is coming to PS4 this Summer:

https://www.kickstar...enders-awakened

I saw that there's a Kickstarter for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened that reached its goal with about two weeks to go, which is a new game in the series in the style of the original.

#8582 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:08 PM

Just saw this, but Rocket League is getting an MLB Fan Pack on 3/25 for $2.99 with team-specific toppers, banners, and flags along with a baseball boost and some generic MLB items:

https://www.rocketle...e-mlb-fan-pack/

#8583 WonkyToad   Switch Friend Code = SW-5381-8720-3041 - ADD ME!... if you w CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

I am going to post the same thing in the other 2 threads that I have here.

EVERYBODY IS HAVING SO MANY THINGS ON SALE!!!!

AND I DON'T GET PAID AGAIN UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!   :whee:

#8584 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:48 AM

https://www.playstat...lb-the-show-19/

Sony has some free codes for MLB The Show 19 stubs, packs, and a PS4 theme on the bottom half of the page. There's also a contest that you can enter starting tomorrow to get 1 of 10 codes for 67,500 stubs.

#8585 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:57 AM

https://www.playstat...lb-the-show-19/

Sony has some free codes for MLB The Show 19 stubs, packs, and a PS4 theme on the bottom half of the page. There's also a content that you can enter starting tomorrow to get 1 of 10 codes for 67,500 stubs.

Thanks!

#8586 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:14 AM

https://www.bloodlin...nes-2-announced

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 was just announced for PS4 to release early 2020.

#8587 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

https://www.bloodlin...nes-2-announced

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 was just announced for PS4 to release early 2020.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SYvWfDxhm_s

People seem to be excited for this, but I’ve never heard of the first one. I immediately thought of that shovelware title from last gen, ‘Vampire Rain,’ but clearly that’s not it.

This game looks interesting. Like Dying Light with vampires instead of zombies?

#8588 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

People seem to be excited for this, but I’ve never heard of the first one. I immediately thought of that shovelware title from last gen, ‘Vampire Rain,’ but clearly that’s not it.

No it's kind of like a Skyrim type game, except with vampires and likely more story.

#8589 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

#8590 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:31 PM

At least we're still getting the game. :-o

#8591 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

Wow glad it’s not being delayed! I can’t imagine the crunch time they’ll have to do on this to get very cutscene lip synced perfectly

#8592 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

Wow glad it’s not being delayed! I can’t imagine the crunch time they’ll have to do on this to get very cutscene lip synced perfectly

So all of this because a guy was caught using coke? Seems like overkill. Guaranteed nobody who is going to play the game cares.

#8593 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

So all of this because a guy was caught using coke? Seems like overkill. Guaranteed nobody who is going to play the game cares.

Japan takes drug laws very, very, very seriously and will not hesitate to erase an actor's career if caught breaking said laws. That's really all there is to it.

#8594 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68498 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

Sony's starting a new video program called State of Play to make some new announcements, show trailers, and more starting with Monday's show at 5 PM ET/2 PM PT:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/22/state-of-play-playstations-new-video-showcase-debuts-monday/

#8595 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5290 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:32 PM

You've heard of Suikoden II, that highly coveted PS1 RPG that died in the cradle because it released around the same time as FFVIII? Well, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines released around the same time as Half-Life 2, Halo 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3. It didn't stand a chance, and it's one of the best games no one's played. It's frequently been on sale for $5. If you like action RPGs like the Bioware games, this one is definitely worth playing.

#8596 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

Off topic, we have a division 2 clan set up with a few people from CAG on ps4. Look me up for an invite but i set it up so anyone can join. We have played together since Destiny 1, destiny 2 and Division 1. PSN ID is tukai Clan name is Git Gud Bruh (inside joke)

#8597 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

Just got a PS4. Mostly to play exclusives. Any suggestions beyond the obvious? Already targeting GOW, Spider-Man, blood Bourne, uncharted games (start at 1?) and nioh(?). Thanks for any ideas :)

#8598 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3352 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

Just got a PS4. Mostly to play exclusives. Any suggestions beyond the obvious? Already targeting GOW, Spider-Man, blood Bourne, uncharted games (start at 1?) and nioh(?). Thanks for any ideas :)

Horizon Zero Dawn and Tetris Effect

#8599 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3446 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

I still think Infamous Second Son is pretty great despite being close to a launch title.  Rachet & Clank is another good one to add.  These are all the obvious best sellers, though.

#8600 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

Definitely start at Uncharted 1 for best results. If you're an adventure game fan, add Detroit: Become Human (plus Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, if you haven't played those), Until Dawn and The Last Guardian. Also, just to add controversy to the thread, The Last of Us.

#8601 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

If you have any interest in baseball or sports at all get The Show.

#8602 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

I second all above suggestions and would like to add a few personal picks:  MLB Show series if you're into baseball.  Shadow of the Colossus Remake.  If you don't do PC gaming...  All the Yakuza games and Ni No Kuni 2 (not the best game people say but I personally loved it).  Persona 5.  Street Fighter V.   If you get a PS VR, I'd recommend Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Moss, Gran Turismo Sport (even better if you get a driving wheel), and Wipeout.

#8603 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I have more to look into now. Wow so much to play. Between this and my other back log, I don’t k ow if I ever can catch up.

Sorry if I start a fight, but I was surprised to see that last of us would be controversial. And a interesting to see so many the show suggestions. I follow baseball on a very superficial level but intriguing the amount of people that bring that up since sports games aren’t the normal suggestion for a system

#8604 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I have more to look into now. Wow so much to play. Between this and my other back log, I don’t k ow if I ever can catch up.

Sorry if I start a fight, but I was surprised to see that last of us would be controversial. And a interesting to see so many the show suggestions. I follow baseball on a very superficial level but intriguing the amount of people that bring that up since sports games aren’t the normal suggestion for a system

I don't even follow MLB scores any more, but I buy the Show game every year.  For me there are three appeals:  1) The game is very polished in every aspect; 2) there are no good alternatives (all other MLB licensed baseball games suck at this moment); and 3) you can tell that the dev team truly loves and cares about baseball.

As to the Last of Us...  There were quite a few heated discussions about it in this thread because there are people who idolize and worship it too much (in others' eyes) and there are people who just don't understand video games and hate this masterpiece (in others' eyes).  I personally think it's absolutely worth a playthrough (9.5/10 in my book).

#8605 Omni99  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

If you're an adventure game fan, add Detroit: Become Human (plus Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, if you haven't played those)

Having played and enjoyed all three, I would actually suggest that you just make Detroit the one you play, only because it's by far the pinnacle of those 3 games. IMO It achieves what the other two tried to do. Beyond in particular can leave you not wanting to play another one when it's done. Just play the best one and make room for the other stuff.

#8606 elessar123  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

It's not really controversial. There's just people here who don't care for it, and everyone else loses their minds. I'm in the camp of not liking Uncharted/Last of Us, but I don't deny there's a draw for a certain audience. For me, I put gameplay way, way ahead of story, so stuff like Walking Dead rank extremely low for me.

I also didn't see Nier: Automata suggested, though it has a bad PC port.

#8607 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:45 PM

Also before Sony went censorship crazy PS4 was a good place for JRPG/VN/niche games. A lot of these are on PC too, Vita for older titles and sometimes Switch now, but there are a lot of good choices.

I for one enjoy dungeon crawlers such as  Labyrinth of Refrain, Utawarerumano Masks Duology and the first game coming next year, 428 Shibuya Scramble, Akiba's Trip was fun, lots of likely average Compile Hearts RPGs (Neptunia games, Fairy Fencer F Dark)  and many others. 

#8608 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

I wouldn't call Last of Us a masterplan of gaming... I'm suppose to enjoy the gameplay. Instead I pretty much loved every cutscene and despised everything in between. Finally I gave up. I think someday I just watch the whole game via "lets play" videos and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more...

That's not a good video game.

#8609 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2956 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

I wouldn't call Last of Us a masterplan of gaming... I'm suppose to enjoy the gameplay. Instead I pretty much loved every cutscene and despised everything in between. Finally I gave up. I think someday I just watch the whole game via "lets play" videos and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more...

That's not a good video game.

I couldn't get into The Last of Us at all.  Tried multiple times and got bored within the first 20 minutes.  Not saying it isn't a great game, just guess it is not for me?  Might give it another go down the line though.

#8610 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

I couldn't get into The Last of Us at all. Tried multiple times and got bored within the first 20 minutes. Not saying it isn't a great game, just guess it is not for me? Might give it another go down the line though.

Same lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk