* * * * - 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/19: Sonic & Call of Duty sales! $20 Infinite Warfare, $25 Advanced Warfare Pro, Black Ops III Free for PS+, & More!

#1051 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

I really, really want God of War, but it goes against my CAG nature to buy it at full price even with a 20% off discount, but I highly doubt it will go on sale any time soon. So the (probably stupid) question I'm posing to my CAG fam is this: worth it?

I got the Platinum trophy and I still wanted to keep playing.
CBrownsT10.pngTheLegendoTyler.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6690-7182-9810

#1052 Gsdriver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Gsdriver

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

You forgot that friends can borrow your game and you can sell or trade it if you need money or don't want the game anymore. Usually cheaper too. Physical will always be better.

It be easier to borrow games digitally...lol. And the only reason digital cost more is because MS and Sony have deals with Brick and Mortar stores NOT TO COMPETE. MS and Sony need brick and mortar stores to sell consoles SO THEY CAN'T PISS THEM OFF.The reason digital cost more, the reason ALL CONSOLE  GAMERS PAY MORE, is because ignorant people buying physical games keep prices high. They think they're saving when they're costing gamers billions. Get rid of physical and we've got Steam prices. I wish some of would do just a little bit of research instead of spewing your ignorant opinion of ignorance....just sayin.........smfh. Get sick of this stupidity over and over and over..YOU'RE WRONG! DEMONSTRABLY!

#1053 .Beowulf  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Hopefully we some good deals for the 20% next week

took a gamble and saved it rather than using it on what I bought this week (just one game)

#1054 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Hopefully we some good deals for the 20% next week

took a gamble and saved it rather than using it on what I bought this week (just one game)

I've had that thought with past codes. I figure if my purchase is over $30 that's good enough to use the code on the current week.

Although, I'm guessing next week's sale won't be that amazing. I think Sony is going to start saving deals for the week of E3. Which is why I hoped this code would last until the end of next month. Well, we got the MLB and Far Cry 5 codes close to each other. Maybe live.playstation will have another code for some E3 trailer.

#1055 Justenvv  

Justenvv

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

It be easier to borrow games digitally...lol. And the only reason digital cost more is because MS and Sony have deals with Brick and Mortar stores NOT TO COMPETE. MS and Sony need brick and mortar stores to sell consoles SO THEY CAN'T PISS THEM OFF.The reason digital cost more, the reason ALL CONSOLE GAMERS PAY MORE, is because ignorant people buying physical games keep prices high. They think they're saving when they're costing gamers billions. Get rid of physical and we've got Steam prices. I wish some of would do just a little bit of research instead of spewing your ignorant opinion of ignorance....just sayin.........smfh. Get sick of this stupidity over and over and over..YOU'RE WRONG! DEMONSTRABLY!

You know the only reason brick and mortar sell consoles is to make money off the games and controllers? Even then, the markup isn't much on them. If you go to digital only, what reason is there to carry consoles (which typically break even or have a very minor markup) in the brick and mortar stores? The other thing is, with physical media, you can still pop in the disc and play it years down the road. We have already seen things removed from digital storefronts and no longer available to get, even if you purchased it.

#1056 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

I really, really want God of War, but it goes against my CAG nature to buy it at full price even with a 20% off discount, but I highly doubt it will go on sale any time soon. So the (probably stupid) question I'm posing to my CAG fam is this: worth it?

I was in the same boat for a while. Such a big backlog of untouched games. But I figured it's getting such great reviews, it probably wont go on sale for a while. Got it used at GS for $45 and put it at the front of my play list and very happy I did.

#1057 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

It be easier to borrow games digitally...lol. And the only reason digital cost more is because MS and Sony have deals with Brick and Mortar stores NOT TO COMPETE. MS and Sony need brick and mortar stores to sell consoles SO THEY CAN'T PISS THEM OFF.The reason digital cost more, the reason ALL CONSOLE  GAMERS PAY MORE, is because ignorant people buying physical games keep prices high. They think they're saving when they're costing gamers billions. Get rid of physical and we've got Steam prices. I wish some of would do just a little bit of research instead of spewing your ignorant opinion of ignorance....just sayin.........smfh. Get sick of this stupidity over and over and over..YOU'RE WRONG! DEMONSTRABLY!

Ritalin. Just sayin'.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#1058 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

#1059 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

Mwahaha!  That was going to be my next reply if I needed to post about it again.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#1060 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

I wish some of would do just a little bit of research instead of spewing your ignorant opinion of ignorance....just sayin.........smfh.

LOL, take your advice perchance?

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#1061 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3438 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:52 AM

I got the Platinum trophy and I still wanted to keep playing.

I honestly can't think of a game I've wanted to keep playing after getting the Platinum. I may have played a few online matches in Titanfall 2 but I'm not even 100% sure of that. As for God of War, it's a great game and should definitely be purchased new to show support for single-player games but the collectible hunt burned me out. I left a few things undone for 100% but I had had enough of the game by the time the Plat popped.

Killbomb.png

#1062 Deuteros  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

The quest for the 20% off coupon seems to be over... :(

#1063 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

I honestly can't think of a game I've wanted to keep playing after getting the Platinum. I may have played a few online matches in Titanfall 2 but I'm not even 100% sure of that. As for God of War, it's a great game and should definitely be purchased new to show support for single-player games but the collectible hunt burned me out. I left a few things undone for 100% but I had had enough of the game by the time the Plat popped.

I've played a ton of Bloodborne post-Platinum, mostly co-opping with friends who are new to the game.

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast.

#1064 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

i was thinking of using the 20% off on the Infinite Warfare season pass, making it $20. however, i'm not big on MP and would most likely only play zombies. do any of you guys think it would be worth it just for zombies?

#1065 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

Can I not add vita or ps3 games in my PS4 cart?

#1066 Lonely Boy  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

Can I not add vita or ps3 games in my PS4 cart?

Nope, it won't even let you search for them. You've got to use the website.

#1067 .Beowulf  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:09 PM

i was thinking of using the 20% off on the Infinite Warfare season pass, making it $20. however, i'm not big on MP and would most likely only play zombies. do any of you guys think it would be worth it just for zombies?

in the same gamer boat

personally I think if you're not in a hurry just wait for better deals

it's not ground breaking zombies and there are way better zombie games and these games are on sale all the time

on the other side if you got the disposable money why not? but my CAG vote all things considered will be wait

#1068 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Probably half the games I got the Platinum for are games I'll play again. Usually I only go for Platinums if I really like a game. And if I really like it then it's probably a game I'd go back to.

Then there are games I get the Platinum for simply because cleaning up the missing trophies will be easy. I won't play those again.

I'm one Platinum away from getting 1000 Sony Rewards points. In the past month I completed the Silver and Gold passes for 100 and 250 points.

#1069 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67131 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:25 AM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Robonauts - $2.99 - 80% Off - $2.24 - 85% Off - Ends 6/14

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Can't Let Go" by Lucinda Williams - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Chest Fever Live" by The Band - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Kids Don't Follow" by The Replacements - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4: We Are The Dwarves - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/21

Freebies:

:ps4: PixelJunk Monsters 2 - Golden Outfits Pack - Free

New Releases:

:vita: 7scarlet - $39.99

:ps4: Dark Souls Remastered - $39.99

:ps4: Detroit: Become Human - $59.99

:ps4: Dungeon Rushers - $14.99

:ps4: PixelJunk Monsters 2 - $14.99

:ps4: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - $9.99

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#1070 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

I love killing zombies. It is x2 everything in COD IW this weekend. Hit me up if you purchase it, I have director's cut and we can tear up some zombies together, ee's, etc. Peace bro

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1071 sethrhf   The Watcher CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:56 AM

If you just play zombies wouldn't the Black Ops 3 Zombie Chronicles be a better buy?

#1072 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

You know the only reason brick and mortar sell consoles is to make money off the games and controllers? Even then, the markup isn't much on them. If you go to digital only, what reason is there to carry consoles (which typically break even or have a very minor markup) in the brick and mortar stores? The other thing is, with physical media, you can still pop in the disc and play it years down the road. We have already seen things removed from digital storefronts and no longer available to get, even if you purchased it.

You're missing the obvious answer. *hits blunt* digital consoles.

#1073 Lonely Boy  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:15 AM

For me, the Telltale games would probably qualify under that category. Most of their plats can be unlocked in a single playthrough, but I usually give them another run doing complete opposite actions, just for funsies. As for God of War, it's been a month since I completed it and I still find myself missing the gameplay, characters, and listening to Mimir's tales.

How are you enjoying Detroit? My copy is stuck in transit somewhere and won't be delivered until after Memorial Day. :oldman:

#1074 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

For me, the Telltale games would probably qualify under that category. Most of their plats can be unlocked in a single playthrough, but I usually give them another run doing complete opposite actions, just for funsies. As for God of War, it's been a month since I completed it and I still find myself missing the gameplay, characters, and listening to Mimir's tales.

How are you enjoying Detroit? My copy is stuck in transit somewhere and won't be delivered until after Memorial Day. :oldman:

BOY! Control your emotions!
Spoiler

#1075 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3438 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

I'm assuming I'm about halfway through and I'm enjoying it a good bit so far. I like the characters and the story has me interested to see what's going to happen next.

Killbomb.png

#1076 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7502 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

I really, really want God of War, but it goes against my CAG nature to buy it at full price even with a 20% off discount, but I highly doubt it will go on sale any time soon. So the (probably stupid) question I'm posing to my CAG fam is this: worth it?

I think the game is great and I really didn't enjoy the previous ones.  However I think this is a decent example of why so many people like physical over digital.  I picked it up used at GS and traded it back for about what I paid for it.  It just doesn't have a ton of replay value IMO.  I will very likely pick it up digitally at some point but not for $48.  

Don't get me wrong the game is really well done.  Just hard for me to spend $48 on a single player game with IMO limited replay value.  

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#1077 sp0rklez  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

I think the game is great and I really didn't enjoy the previous ones.  However I think this is a decent example of why so many people like physical over digital.  I picked it up used at GS and traded it back for about what I paid for it.  It just doesn't have a ton of replay value IMO.  I will very likely pick it up digitally at some point but not for $48.  

Don't get me wrong the game is really well done.  Just hard for me to spend $48 on a single player game with IMO limited replay value.  

That's completely understandable. I typically only really buy games digital (especially for that price) that I KNOW I want for sure. If it's a game from a favorite series I certainly won't be getting rid of it either. 

I did buy the game and I'm absolutely loving it. Controls are taking some getting used to though. Classic controls feel awkward now, and I'm not sure if it's because I tried the default ones first or what. Definitely worth it though, to me. I appreciate those of you who gave me that little "what are you waiting for, get it!" nudge I needed.

#1078 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

That's completely understandable. I typically only really buy games digital (especially for that price) that I KNOW I want for sure. If it's a game from a favorite series I certainly won't be getting rid of it either. 

I did buy the game and I'm absolutely loving it. Controls are taking some getting used to though. Classic controls feel awkward now, and I'm not sure if it's because I tried the default ones first or what. Definitely worth it though, to me. I appreciate those of you who gave me that little "what are you waiting for, get it!" nudge I needed.

I used to ignore all hype around things and just go on my own beliefs about a lot of games and then I realized how many classics I was missing out on because I was being so hard-headed. Ironically I did that with the entire God of War series for years. Ancient Greek mythology isn’t exactly my forte so I turned my nose up. As I got older (and more mature) I started to give things a chance and realized what a fool I was and how much I’ve missed out on through the years. So in conclusion, and through the school of hard knocks, I’ve learned to pay more attention to massive hype around new games because it’s generally for a good reason. I’m glad you were able to succumb to our peer pressure and play that game because it’s really good and these days of having so much crap to pick from a game with such high praise and production values needs to be enjoyed over the rest. See you on the other side when you earn that platinum haha
Spoiler

#1079 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67131 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#1080 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67131 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:13 PM