* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#571 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

Pfft. I can play flash games and eroge for free if I want that.

#572 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Some new deals:

:vita: The Caligula Effect: Deluxe Digital Bundle - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/9

:ps4: Dandara - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 5/9

:ps4: Deiland - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/21

:ps4: For Honor - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 5/8

:ps4: For Honor Deluxe Edition - $23.09 - 67% Off - Ends 5/8

:ps4: For Honor Gold Edition - $32.99 - 67% Off - Ends 5/8

:ps4: For Honor - Season Pass - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/8

:ps4: Kingdom: New Lands - $11.24 - 25% Off - Ends 5/8

:ps4: Paladins Digital Deluxe Edition - $44.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/23

:ps4: Perfect Angle - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/9

Freebies:

:ps4: Gravel - Free car Ford HRX - Free

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - Discover: ReverbNation & Firefly Music - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Paladins - Champions Pack - $29.99

:ps4: Paladins - Season Pass 2018 - $39.99

#573 lunker   Fished out CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

Can anyone with a Vita vouch for what Disgaea game I should pick up if I’m only really interested in one? I played the original Disgaea on PS2 back in the day, but haven’t touched the series since then. They’re all on sale now for Golden Week (Disgaea 1 and 2 for $5.99, 3 and 4 for $14.99 IIRC).

#574 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5590 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

Was going to get .hack, but looks like i'd get bored fast. I also have way too many games I haven't played like Gravity Rush 1 & 2.

Game will get cheaper eventually, so rather wait and not buy just because it's on sale. Going to see if Sony has a Golden week 2 sale?

odds are low it will drop further in price.  They don't print alot of copies for the .hack series in the past so I doubt they started now.

#575 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5590 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:00 AM

Can anyone with a Vita vouch for what Disgaea game I should pick up if I’m only really interested in one? I played the original Disgaea on PS2 back in the day, but haven’t touched the series since then. They’re all on sale now for Golden Week (Disgaea 1 and 2 for $5.99, 3 and 4 for $14.99 IIRC).

two is worth playing as it is really easy and was the only serious attempt at them telling a story. I  dont rec three because the writing is painfully bad and they break the fourth wall nearly every sentence.

4 has a demo for the vita and is cheaper physical on ps3.  I think 3 is also cheap on ps3.  the reason being the vita version is an enhanced port for both 3 and 4 iirc.

#576 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Also, in case you care, they are remastering the first one for PS4.

#577 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:34 AM

Finally! Just got the platinum for God of War. What a hell of a ride! I really enjoyed the game but those damn trials were not enjoyable. It got to the point where I saved them for the end game and just wanted to get them over with lol

#578 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:03 AM

Finally! Just got the platinum for God of War. What a hell of a ride! I really enjoyed the game but those damn trials were not enjoyable. It got to the point where I saved them for the end game and just wanted to get them over with lol

Yeah, I did the trials in post-game as well and that was when I dropped the difficulty from Normal to Easy since there are no difficulty trophies. Why raise my blood pressure when I don't have to? :D

#579 starmartyr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

starmartyr

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

Also, in case you care, they are remastering the first one for PS4.

Yes! Time to get lost in the grind for hours upon hours again.

#580 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete?

#581 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete?

There was a day or two I didn’t get on to play at all so I’d say just under 2 weeks. I didn’t use any guide until the end to finish up a couple collectibles and to find the last few ravens I missed so I’d say searching every nook and cranny as I played for those damn things is what really extended my play time the most. If I would have used a guide the entire time I think it can easily be done 100% in a week. That might sound like a negative thing but the production values and pure fun on the game are well worth it. I actually really appreciate games like this where I can go all in and finish it in a reasonable amount of time rather than most games I can never see the end of the tunnel without totally dedicating all of my time and ignoring every other game that comes out or that sits in my backlog.

#582 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5432 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Did you get an email with a theme from Sony as congratulations as they did for those who platinum'ed Horizon? I try not to get too into trophies, but Im really considering going for the platinum even though I need to move onto the next game in my backlog. 

#583 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3687 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

What, no extra plus discounts for star wars pinball this year?  Missed it last time and will continue to wait...

#584 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

There was a day or two I didn’t get on to play at all so I’d say just under 2 weeks. I didn’t use any guide until the end to finish up a couple collectibles and to find the last few ravens I missed so I’d say searching every nook and cranny as I played for those damn things is what really extended my play time the most. If I would have used a guide the entire time I think it can easily be done 100% in a week. That might sound like a negative thing but the production values and pure fun on the game are well worth it. I actually really appreciate games like this where I can go all in and finish it in a reasonable amount of time rather than most games I can never see the end of the tunnel without totally dedicating all of my time and ignoring every other game that comes out or that sits in my backlog.

Agree 100%. This is what killed a lot of Eastern games for me. They don't respect your time at all

#585 yasqueen80  

yasqueen80

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

I much prefer a 10 hour game to a 60 hour game. 60 hour games were nice as a kid with limited money and extra time but now with extra money and limited time, preferences have changed.

#586 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Did you get an email with a theme from Sony as congratulations as they did for those who platinum'ed Horizon? I try not to get too into trophies, but Im really considering going for the platinum even though I need to move onto the next game in my backlog.

No email.....yet lol

Who knows though. I know Horizon did it but if I remember correctly they didn’t start sending them out right away. Also, they may have just done that because it was a new IP and perhaps they were trying to build (more) positive hype around it.

#587 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Now that God of War is off my plate I’m not sure what to tackle next...go back to barely chipping away at my current 70 hour playthrough of Nioh Complete Edition or slap the VR headset on and rot my brain cells with some Rick and Morty or the other 100 games I’ve bought and haven’t played yet haha

#588 RiPPn  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

Now that God of War is off my plate I’m not sure what to tackle next...go back to barely chipping away at my current 70 hour playthrough of Nioh Complete Edition or slap the VR headset on and rot my brain cells with some Rick and Morty or the other 100 games I’ve bought and haven’t played yet haha

First world problems.

#589 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

For Playstation gamers in the Pacific Northwest, I bring good news ... pre-activated GC's are back at Fred Meyer!!!

Photo proof from Monday @ Bellevue location ...
Spoiler

If that weren't joyous enough, here's a current "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" savings certificate to get you reacquainted with the Home Electronics dept thru Tuesday, May 8th ...
Spoiler

Stop by our sticky thread in the Northwest regional forum for more info on using savings certificates with these GC's.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

#590 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

How is Gran Turismo Sport? Newegg has it listed for sale at $19.99 - which is the lowest I've seen it.

#591 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

How is Gran Turismo Sport? Newegg has it listed for sale at $19.99 - which is the lowest I've seen it.

Best racing game I ever played on a console.

#592 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

“Only” racing game I ever played on a console.

Fixed it.

For $20 it’s worth it, but it’s not as good as the past GT’s

#593 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

Fixed it.

For $20 it’s worth it, but it’s not as good as the past GT’s

I disagree. The quantity of content is way less, but quality has gone way up. Previous GTs were chock full of cars and tracks, but they were mostly cosmetic and physical modeling was lackluster. Contrast that with GT Sport which has a tighter focus and every car is modeled beautifully. Online at S-rank is also the cleanest I’ve ever played outside of iRacing. Well worth the $20.

#594 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   2001 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

I'd buy it for $20, but I'm seeing $39.99 at New Egg

#595 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

I disagree. The quantity of content is way less, but quality has gone way up. Previous GTs were chock full of cars and tracks, but they were mostly cosmetic and physical modeling was lackluster. Contrast that with GT Sport which has a tighter focus and every car is modeled beautifully. Online at S-rank is also the cleanest I’ve ever played outside of iRacing. Well worth the $20.

Places pretty much last in racing games.... GT has fallen.
You may love it, but you are in the minority.

#596 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

Places pretty much last in racing games.... GT has fallen.
You may love it, but you are in the minority.

I've got a wheel and pedal setup, paid for multiple years of iRacing, play on PC mostly, I mean, I'm definitely not mainstream. GT Sport has value for what it is. At $20, it's not even bad.

#597 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

To be clear... I’m not saying GT Sport is garbage...
It used to be GT series, and then the also rans.
Now it’s Forza, then everyone else. F7 has an 11 point lead over GT Sport on metacritic, which I don’t agree with them all that much, but that’s a large margin.

GT Sport just isn’t what it used to be, disappointed when it came out.. was hoping for it to be the king again.
I got the steel book version for $30ish a while back (BB?) or I’d have jumped on the $20 deal.

Good, but not the best anymore (sadly)

#598 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70337 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

To be clear... I’m not saying GT Sport is garbage...
It used to be GT series, and then the also rans.
Now it’s Forza, then everyone else. F7 has an 11 point lead over GT Sport on metacritic, which I don’t agree with them all that much, but that’s a large margin.

GT Sport just isn’t what it used to be, disappointed when it came out.. was hoping for it to be the king again.
I got the steel book version for $30ish a while back (BB?) or I’d have jumped on the $20 deal.

Good, but not the best anymore (sadly)

It's actually Burnout Paradise. Sorry, but nobody else comes close to Burnout for great racing games.

#599 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10002 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

It's actually Burnout Paradise. Sorry, but nobody else comes close to Burnout for great racing games.

Nah, Forza Horizon 3 for me. Then Burnout Revenge (or even BO3) trumps Paradise.

#600 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

Construe that position however you want, but your second paragraph exemplifies your defense of these practices as you put forth the hyperbole that we don't own any games we buy and you can either unethically steal from companies or support them by accepting the practices without even acknowledging the ones that don't pad their wallets with the "standard practice" of charging fees to play online. Scolding me for stating that these dumb apologist stances lead to further limitations and more fees is a bit hypocritical given what you followed that with, but I wouldn't expect anything less from fanboys in their designated thread who seem content to pay for something that was previous free. You're given a few free games a month, with the incentive to buy every console to fully benefit from it, and you're given the opportunity to pay them discounted prices to buy more games. But I don't think that allows for the compliance the business model is escalating towards. Net neutrality passed and will inevitably happen, and I see people adopting the same "we don't own the internet anyway, every ISP does it" attitude in defense of what essentially results in more corporate exaction.

My gaming heyday was back when games were finished on release and online gaming was free (though it still is on 2/4 platforms). I'm against all of the micro-transaction and premium content policies, and anything else implemented that I see as taking advantage of the consumer. Microsoft started charging people to play online, Sony followed suit. The XB1 limits game sharing to the owner of the game, and I wonder how long it'll take Sony to do the same. People should realize they're encouraging these bad practices instead of denying it and defending the companies for starting them.

There's so much wrong with this post it hurts my head.

First off, fact is not hyperbole. We lease our PS4 games.

second, bringing up your age to make you sound like some sort of authority is silly. Guess what, I grew up with coinops and intellivision. Whoopty do.

Third, and your greatest flaw, is continuing to make assumptions about people. Guess what, I've been railing against all the same things you have for ages. I despise pay-to-win, loot boxes, almost all DLC, paywalls, anti-consumer copy protection/drm, and the Not So Slow erosion of consumer rights in the gaming industry. Again, whoopty do.

Because you know where we differ? I believe that if someone is misinformed, or relying on an illogical argument, Etc you correct them.

It's not my fault that you can't get past the difference between explanations of something and defending something. Point Blank, Explaining a position is not defending it. Conflating those two concepts is a relatively recently widespread plague on our society.

So yeah, when someone suggests, for example, that PS plus fees should be pre-loaded into the initial launch price, I will do my best to help them understand why that is a ludicrously bad decision for Sony to implement. That doesn't mean I'm defending anything, it means I'm explaining something. Your inability to differentiate that is something you really need to work on.

That you think explanation of something condones or encourages it is detrimental to everything important about human communication, education, and understanding. You don't hide the opponent's point of view, and you don't let people misrepresent it. You put forth the best argument for both sides, even if people like you decide you're the enemy for doing so.