* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#7861 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68892 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

Some new deals:

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Sparkle Unleashed - $3.99 - 50% Off - $3.19 - 60% Off - Ends 2/26

PS4

Far Cry 5 - $20.99 - 65% Off - $14.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/5

Far Cry New Dawn Complete Edition - $69.99 - 30% Off - $59.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/5

Far Cry New Dawn Ultimate Edition - $90.99 - 30% Off - $77.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/4

Heart & Slash - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/4

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Deluxe Edition - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/5

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition - $41.99 - 40% Off - $34.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Ultimate Edition - $65.99 - 40% Off - $54.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5

PSVR

Apex Construct - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/25

PS4 Add-ons

Crossout - Arachnophobia Pack - $27.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

Crossout - Arsonist Pack - $32.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

Crossout - The inventor Pack - $34.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

Crossout - Law of the Wasteland - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

#7862 element676   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

element676

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:44 AM

Last time I dealt with them was for a refund on a game I'd never even played or installed. The customer service guy acted like I was trying to steal money out of his wallet.

I have actually gotten two refunds from Sony. But it was still a pain in the ass. I never used their chat though,I just called their 1-800 number and spoke to a customer service rep over the phone.

They really need to get with the times about refunds though. Steam and Microsoft offer digital refunds. This greedy corporate penny pinching about digital refunds is very anti-consumer.

#7863 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6355 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

Microsoft is loads better about this stuff. I've had bad service there as well though, but that sounds pretty dumb.

#7864 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

I think there should be an entire thread dedicated to issues with Sony PS Customer Service. I have used the chat twice regarding issues, and both times I could not believe how anti-customer they are (I will use the 800 number in the future per previous post). I ran my own company for 15 years and customer service was the number one priority but then again, I had competition - Sony really does not have much in terms of competition and that is the problem when there is a monopoly.

Issue 1 (a year ago): Purchased PS+ one year subscription gift card. Was logged into account 2 (non-primary) on my phone's PS App. Submitted code and realized immediately I was not on my primary account (which has years of PS+ games saved to it). Contacted Sony support explaining I literally just submitted the code and if they could cancel the subscription from my secondary and move to my primary. They refused (I tried w/ three different reps). I had to purchase another PS+ subscription ($60) for my primary and the secondary PS+ ($60) was useless.

Issue 2 (two weeks ago): Tuesday around 11AM EST I realized I had not downloaded all of the January free PS+ games that I might want. On the Sony site, it said "Amplitude (PS3) FREE for PS+". I click quickly, checkout, see my download, and that my prepaid PS balance was deducted $20+tax for the game! I contact support, she says that it CLEARLY says on the page that at 8AM PST the free game ends. I take a screenshot showing their website is STILL SHOWING IT IS FREE! The information was contradicting - there systems were updating the prices but the website had not updated yet to remove that free image. I explained I had not downloaded the game yet, and she could remove it from my account and refund me because I did not want it unless it was free. After back and forth of making me feel guilty, having to re-explain the situation again, etc. she made a "one-time refund" to my account. At least she refunded me, but not without struggle.

#7865 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68892 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

#7866 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1669 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:27 PM

I’m sorry you experienced that. Having customer reps and managers (like in my case) fight you and essential call you stupid is beyond what I expect. I’m 100% done with psn. I’m sorry that Friskys deals will now fall deaf on my ears but I’ll enjoy him on the Nintendo thread and might consider switching to Xbox again. Big for customer service and this has left me lost.

#7867 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

I've been 100% Sony this generation until I got an Xbox One X when RDR2 came out.  Xbox has been getting the bulk of my digital dollars since then.  I had no problems getting a refund on a digital purchase the one time I asked for one.  The rewards program on Xbox is also pretty decent, and I haven't seen anything on the Sony side since they gutted theirs.

#7868 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

The rewards program on Xbox is also pretty decent, and I haven't seen anything on the Sony side since they gutted theirs.

Just on a whim, I signed into my Sony Rewards account after reading this and my paltry 200 points has transformed into 2,500+ points! Looks like a bunch of trophy points were finally processed in the last two days. Progress?

points.png

Gonna trade those in for $20 right now. :)

Edit: What the Fuck? They're going to ship it through the mail? Why would they do that?

#7869 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

Edit: What the Fuck? They're going to ship it through the mail? Why would they do that?

I cashed out my last bit of points on 2/8 for a $10 code.  It said mail delivery but I got a code by e-mail the next day.

#7870 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1079 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

Hot damn! 5,200+ points. :)

#7871 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:42 AM

I actually liked Berseria more than Vesperia. Its the best Tales game imo. 

You spelled Symphonia wrong.

#7872 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40092 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

Berseria and Xillia are top two Tales

#7873 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9383 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:58 AM

I always have a soft spot for Phantasia myself. It really wowed me when I played it many years ago. 

#7874 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4764 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:06 AM

Destiny 1 will always have a spot in my heart as my favorite even though it plays really dated just because the story characters and sprite work had so much charm.  And this is coming from someone who didn't play it until after I found out tales was a series after symphonia.  I tracked down destiny, and eternia psp.  Eternia aged quite well.

Gameplay wise vesperia will always be my favorite then hearts r because of how many options they have (more so in vesperia than hearts) and their carry over systems which the other games lack equipment carry over.  Xillia is the closest to that since you can carry over your shop level but you still need to buy back all the equipment.

Hearts r's beryl is a fricken beast as well thanks to hybrid artes calculating magic stat into physical attacks which she has a very high one of.  Using her basic brush attack I was able to crush numerous enemies with her.  Never will you encounter a mage who works so op as a melee.

Graces I loved as well and would be my 3rd favorite gameplay wise thanks to replica dolls, piggyback and the book/dish system allowing for alot of customization.  The problem is graces is super grindy to get anything, you can't carry over equipment or title levels either.  And even with max multipliers I wasn't able to max all titles even on ng+

I really want a legendia remake someday :/

#7875 Epic_Bean  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:10 AM

In no particular order: Abyss, Xillia, Graces, Berseria, Symphonia. I just picked up Vesperia . Is the combat supposed to be this slow, compared to the rest it seems very slow.

Edit: typed the wrong name

#7876 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40092 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

Hearts is the most underrated Tales game. It's Tales on Vita. I heart that combination

#7877 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4764 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:27 AM

In no particular order: Abyss, Xillia, Graces, Berseria, Symphonia. I just picked up Vesperia . Is the combat supposed to be this slow, compared to the rest it seems very slow.

Edit: typed the wrong name

Vesperia came out over 10 years ago so yeah it will feel slower.  Especially since you are playing the ps3 version which like many ports doesn't run as well.

Vesperia does more with its engine though than the other games due to having large spells, insta casting and more than 4 enemies possible at one time via link encounters among other things.  The closes you get to that is the bosses like slime queen from graces that summon a crap load of mini enemies.  Just wait till you have meteor storm and tidal wave going off at the same time as holy rain and tempest and you'll see the game really lag.

#7878 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4764 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:29 AM

Hearts is the most underrated Tales game. It's Tales on Vita. I heart that combination

Don't forget about the 2d original versions from the ds that were never localized. regular anime and fugly kill it with fire fmv version.  

#7879 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:44 AM

I like this chart but I haven't started any of the games yet: https://m.imgur.com/YBxYa9I

#7880 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   481 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

Ever since I played Graces a few years back it's been my favorite, the combat is just so good. The CC system is so much better than the usual TP system. It does get really complicated because of how many attacks you can have equipped at one time (like over 20 if you use shortcuts iirc) but I love that stuff. But also I really enjoyed Asbel's play style based around certain attacks sheathing/unsheathing his weapon, it was just a fun mechanic to have to keep in mind when doing combos. 

Also super unpopular opinion but I actually like Zestiria lol. I think it's really bad as a Tales game which are largely built around chaining together ridiculous combos but on its own I actually like the mechanics of it. It's the only game in the series where I actually felt like I needed to learn each enemy type intimately because of the stagger/stun system they had, plus I enjoyed how optimal play required jumping between the different forms constantly. Main problem with the game for me is that the equipment/skill system is just completely awful.

#7881 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

You spelled Symphonia wrong.

That game doesn't hold up well. I have nostalgia for it like most, but it's not as good as you remember.  

#7882 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Just on a whim, I signed into my Sony Rewards account after reading this and my paltry 200 points has transformed into 2,500+ points! Looks like a bunch of trophy points were finally processed in the last two days. Progress?

points.png

I wasn't even aware of Sony Rewards! Thank you for the heads up. Also, thanks forum users for introducing me to eBates which I have used to earn plenty of money back on my online spending.

#7883 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3412 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Thank you! I just checked my account and I have 2,315 point available.
They just added a bunch of points for Trophies to my account.
I'm going to cash this in for $20.

Edit: I got my $20 code almost instantly. Sony Rewards thank you for actually being efficient.

#7884 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3082 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

Anyone have an opinion on Anthem?  Worth buying?  Wait for a sale?

#7885 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37100 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

Edit: I got my $20 code almost instantly. Sony Rewards thank you for actually being efficient.

Hmm, I just noticed I had enough points for a $10 PSN card, but I'm still waiting for the code 20 minutes later... :-k

#7886 RiPPn  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

I've been 100% Sony this generation until I got an Xbox One X when RDR2 came out.  Xbox has been getting the bulk of my digital dollars since then.  I had no problems getting a refund on a digital purchase the one time I asked for one.  The rewards program on Xbox is also pretty decent, and I haven't seen anything on the Sony side since they gutted theirs.

I could never go full Microsoft Xbox simply due to the lack of Japanese content like Yakuza, rpg's, visual novel style games like Zero Time etc.  Plus I like single player games and Sony rocks this with their exclusives though they have recently stated they want to focus more on multiplayer so that could be trouble.  I've not turned my One X on since bringing it home, so sadly I think I'm skipping Xbox next generation.

If Nintendo had a trophy system, I would likely move to them, but they aren't exactly the bastion of customer support and pro consumerism either.  And their weak hardware means they aren't getting some of the bigger AAA games found on the PS4.  So for the next generation I'll likely still own both a Sony and Nintendo console.

#7887 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

I see that they added trophies, but not the points. I should have at least 2,000 points, or close to it. 

#7888 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5583 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

You got to wait for a deal... its dying in reviews and buzz was almost nonexistent now.

https://youtu.be/fhe76p6Tiro

#7889 Omni99  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

I see that they added trophies, but not the points. I should have at least 2,000 points, or close to it. 

Same here.

#7890 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:20 PM

Just depends how badly you want to be a part of BioWare's swan song really. I mean, the game is fun but it's nothing groundbreaking. Only got through the tutorials last night but at least the game is working vs the demo beta. For someone like me who cares nothing about Destiny, Division, and last BW game played was Dragon Age 2: the game feels fresh because I'm coming from no looter-shooter burnout. For anyone else, it's easily a pass until the game is fleshed out and $20.