* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#9121 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

I pre-ordered it digitally. Anyone know why there’s no pre-load?

Edit: Nevermind. Guess it started yesterday.

#9122 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3436 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:34 PM

How are people feeling about the days gone reviews? Still buying day one?

My target copy has shipped. I bought it during the Target B2G1 Sale with Sekrio and DMC5.
I just finished the Spider-man DLC so I can make room for the install.

I've really enjoyed the games Bend Studios has released on PSP and Vita. I looking forward to playing it and its my type of game so I think I will enjoy it. I don't really let reviews determine my feeling on a game. I like to play and form my own opinions.

#9123 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

yeah, it's kind of disappointing seeing the reviews for this. however, The Evil Within 2 had very similar scores but i absolutely loved it and played through it several times. i'm thinking Days Gone is still going to be amazing.

#9124 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

My Days Gone Collected Edition copy is arriving tonight.  I am actually looking forward to it after reading the reviews.  It sounds exactly like I expected.

I do think many players and critics are being harsh on it because it is the next big AAA Sony exclusive.  They're used to the quality of the Last of Us, Bloodborne, God of War, and SpiderMan.  I already know Days Gone won't amount to such level.  What I do want is an open world bike-driving action adventure that has swarms of zombies to kill.  I do want a good story though, since it's single player, but some reviews bashed its story so that is a bit concerning to me.

#9125 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

My Days Gone Collected Edition copy is arriving tonight. I am actually looking forward to it after reading the reviews. It sounds exactly like I expected.

I do think many players and critics are being harsh on it because it is the next big AAA Sony exclusive. They're used to the quality of the Last of Us, Bloodborne, God of War, and SpiderMan. I already know Days Gone won't amount to such level. What I do want is an open world bike-driving action adventure that has swarms of zombies to kill. I do want a good story though, since it's single player, but some reviews bashed its story so that is a bit concerning to me.

Sounds like hot garbage but to each his own I guess.

Ask background I love the Killzone series so who am I to talk?

#9126 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14388 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

I'm torn because reviewers got GoW oh so wrong for me; it was the boring same old GoW I knew to expect but with pretty graphics and a well-paced story (neither of which I care about as a focal point). Days Gone could be my jam with open world exploration but I called it from day one of the game being announced at E3: the game would get mediocre reviews and just not live up to the hype. Gut instincts never wrong.

That said, just found out yesterday there was new Overcooked 2 DLC; such a simple game but hours of fun for us!

#9127 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Sounds like hot garbage but to each his own I guess.

Ask background I love the Killzone series so who am I to talk?

I love Killzone series too!  Ugh maybe I only like hot garbage lol I gotta admit I'm easy to impress though

#9128 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

I love Killzone series too! Ugh maybe I only like hot garbage lol I gotta admit I'm easy to impress though

That last Killzone was so good.

Im the same but I do have a few I don't like. Uncharted, or the Last of Us are games I really don't get the love for.

#9129 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1691 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:02 PM

some guys like fat chicks

#9130 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

some guys like fat chicks

I like them a little full. Can't deny it.

#9131 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:32 PM

If we are choosing between two extremes I will absolutely go with a "fat chick" any day.  OMG such a revelation that there is a correlation lol

#9132 NFLGameDay97   Surveying the Field CAG Veteran   118 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

NFLGameDay97

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:56 AM

Sooooo... I wanted to play my MK11 but remembered I have yet to play my Soul Calibur 6,  Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, and Dead or Alive 6. Da-damn you Shao Khan and pre-order items making me buy you full price! 

#9133 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:14 AM

Lacrimosa of Dana still over $40. WTF.

#9134 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:10 AM

Gold Week sale prices are up. They seem to be higher than usual. Can’t believe the prices on AoT 1 and 2, and Berserk. Ni No Kuni 2 on sale for $10 physically. $36 digital! Ys Viii is still $42. Batshit insane.

#9135 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:38 AM

Gold Week sale prices are up. They seem to be higher than usual. Can’t believe the prices on AoT 1 and 2, and Berserk. Ni No Kuni 2 on sale for $10 physically. $36 digital! Ys Viii is still $42. Batshit insane.

Welcome to the soon to be digital future, people think pricing will get better once Physical goes away but Fuck no, sale prices have steadily been going up for years, the boom of crazy Steam and PSN sales are long gone. Yeah we will see some 'good' sales here and there, but once physical games are gone, shit will get bad. It sucks, and I like going digital when I can

#9136 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69119 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:53 AM

https://blog.us.play...vings-up-to-65/

The list for the Golden Week sale is up now and starts tomorrow at the usual 11 AM ET/8 AM PT. It ends on 5/7. Probably won't have a list for a few days because of the size of the sale and I have no free time for it either. Sorry.

#9137 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:28 AM

Picking up the Naruto Trilogy and maybe the Last Remnant, and Lamont of innocence.

#9138 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:56 AM

Hmm some decent prices in there but it's mostly over priced stuff :/  Not exactly thrilling.

#9139 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:15 AM

Being an old game, burnout does not deliver a good sense speed and car weight. I'll feel like the car is weightless. After playing forza horizon you wont like older racing games.
  • awp likes this

#9140 WeeeDoo  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

Its too bad that Days Gone seems to suck. PS is my secondary console so I wasnt going to buy it until it hit $15, but I might pass overall now. Seems like TLOU, which I still haven't played, is miles better.

#9141 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:56 AM

Its too bad that Days Gone seems to suck.

The general consensus seems to be it's above average while doing nothing particularly new, or offering quality of life aspects some newer titles have brought to the table recently, but is an alright  play if you're not burnt out on open world games or zombies. I've seen several comparisons to the Mad Max game as well as more "this doesn't seem bad?" "this looks better than I expected" comments than I have for any game in a long time over the last day. It's definitely no Last of Us, or Dying Light, but it looks better than "suck" level.

#9142 RiPPn  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:40 AM

Target already shipped my preordered copy from their February B2G1. Based on the reviews I've read, repetition seems to be a primary complaint but the game also sounds similar to Mad Max from some years ago (Freakers/zombies notwithstanding); that game also reviewed somewhat tepidly with a similar negative emphasis placed on repetition but I ended up loving it, so I'm optimistic about Days Gone.

It also helps that I technically paid $40 for it thanks to Target; I'm not sure I could justify paying $60 at launch.

I'm one of the few that loved Mad Max so the idea of this game excites me. 

Golden Week sale looks pretty bad, most of those prices have been lower in other sales.  Sad when the locoroco remasters are the only thing catching my eye.

#9143 WeeeDoo  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

The general consensus seems to be it's above average while doing nothing particularly new, or offering quality of life aspects some newer titles have brought to the table recently, but is an alright play if you're not burnt out on open world games or zombies. I've seen several comparisons to the Mad Max game as well as more "this doesn't seem bad?" "this looks better than I expected" comments than I have for any game in a long time over the last day. It's definitely no Last of Us, or Dying Light, but it looks better than "suck" level.

I'm glad the guy above me enjoyed Mad Max, but man was that game absolutely bland. Only had to play the first hour of it to determine it wasnt for me. Days Gone is gonna have to be (theoretically) MUCH better than Mad Max to warrant any type of attention, especially after it was hyped for years, as well as delayed.

#9144 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2479 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:40 AM

Asia and Japan getting stuck with Metal Gear Survive for one of their free PS+ games (the other game being either The Witness or Darksiders 1 remastered depending on region). Expect some disappointment next week when North American PS+ games get announced.

I'm with RiPPn, only games on the Golden Week Sale list that caught my eye at those prices were the Locoroco remasters, and the prices for those are nothing special (first has been $5).

#9145 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3604 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:21 AM

Asia and Japan getting stuck with Metal Gear Survive for one of their free PS+ games (the other game being either The Witness or Darksiders 1 remastered depending on region). Expect some disappointment next week when North American PS+ games get announced.

I thought Metal Gear Survive was pretty enjoyable at least until the campaign was over. The endgame wasn't fun to me and I didn't play much past the story's end. If it's a PS Plus game in the future, go in with an open mind and you might have some fun. 

As for Days Gone, I'm still getting it tomorrow. Only things I'm concerned about are the technical issues but I think I'll enjoy it outside of that.

#9146 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2743 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:27 AM

The only "reviewer" I agree with most times.

Points out the issues, but also points out the good parts. I pre-ordered from Bestbuy for my final purchase with GCU, 20%+25% coupon so for $35 i'll be happy with it.

And as he points out, 3 patches already. So they are trying to fix the issues.

#9147 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:27 AM

The only "reviewer" I agree with most times.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SVbL-8BFZ2s

Points out the issues, but also points out the good parts. I pre-ordered from Bestbuy for my final purchase with GCU, 20%+25% coupon so for $35 i'll be happy with it.

And as he points out, 3 patches already. So they are trying to fix the issues.

I've just started watching his reviews and they are legit. I couldn't stand his voice initially but the quality of the reviews makes the ear ache worth it.

Regarding the game it's going to be a wait for under $20 for me. Maybe a Black Friday game. Too much fun playing Sekiro still.

#9148 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2062 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

The general consensus seems to be it's above average while doing nothing particularly new, or offering quality of life aspects some newer titles have brought to the table recently, but is an alright  play if you're not burnt out on open world games or zombies. I've seen several comparisons to the Mad Max game as well as more "this doesn't seem bad?" "this looks better than I expected" comments than I have for any game in a long time over the last day. It's definitely no Last of Us, or Dying Light, but it looks better than "suck" level.

He's a sith 

#9149 Ibacai  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

He's a sith

And Doomsday...

#9150 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Hoping golden week sale prices were a mistake as some of these discounts are not even close to enticing