* * * * - 20 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/9: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, $10 Yakuza Kiwami, & More!

#2881 sp0rklez  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:46 PM

I ended up only buying Dishonored. The only other game I was debating on was Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY and that goes on sale all the time anyway.

#2882 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

Lonely Boy,

Life is about the journey...not the destination. That we all die alone matters not...it's your personal journey to the end of the world.

#2883 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8186 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

https://blog.us.play...-all-out-today/

The big update for Middle-earth: Shadow of War that overhauls its progression, removes the microtransactions, and the end game is out today. Details in the post itself.

How much of a grind/hours is Act 4?  I finished 3 and was like 4 looks like a boring grind and haven't bothered with it.  I think the game should have ended at the end of Act 3.  

#2884 ianharwood   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ianharwood

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

How much of a grind/hours is Act 4?  I finished 3 and was like 4 looks like a boring grind and haven't bothered with it.  I think the game should have ended at the end of Act 3.  

A brutal and boring grind. Act 4 took me 20 or so hours. It's not pay-to-win at least, you can get by just fine by grinding. Hell, I'm not sure paying money would help much anyway.

Expect a good number of your orc captains to die on the invasions. I recommend stuffing your invading force with nothing but commons with the highest level available to you so you can preserve your good captains.

#2885 .Beowulf  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

I got another one of those 25% off god of war codes via email today

in case anyone missed out maybe they have another chance

#2886 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1738 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

In case anyone loves Hotel Transylvania, you can get 400 Sony Rewards points for uploading 2 tickets to the movie to the website.  

That's 4 dollars in credit.  Digital tickets work too now.  

#2887 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69990 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

If you need a really ugly, third-party DualShock 3, here you go:

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B075ST3QRQ/

#2888 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:20 AM

If you need a really ugly, third-party DualShock 3, here you go:

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B075ST3QRQ/

I think my eyes are bleeding...

#2889 karekano126   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

karekano126

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:27 AM

PSN won't accept my CC since it isn't an US one and Amazon has been mysteriously OOS on PSN digital code for a while now. Is there any other option available? If not, I guess I can hold out on increasing my digital backlog for the time being but it does make me sad on missing some of the deals :(

#2890 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69990 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:28 AM

There's a glimpse of the pre-order theme for Slime Rancher at the end of this video:

#2891 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69990 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:06 AM

Not unless Frisky had the PS4 version linked the OP and changed it recently. 

Either way it's all good now, got it.

Sorry about that. Fixed the link in the OP.

#2892 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

A brutal and boring grind. Act 4 took me 20 or so hours. It's not pay-to-win at least, you can get by just fine by grinding. Hell, I'm not sure paying money would help much anyway.

Expect a good number of your orc captains to die on the invasions. I recommend stuffing your invading force with nothing but commons with the highest level available to you so you can preserve your good captains.

I'm assuming the new update remedies most of this? I only got into Act 2 when I first played the game and I've been thinking about going back to it now that the big update is finally out.

Fire Pro Wrestling World having an MSRP of $50 makes more sense now that I found out the NJPW content will be paid DLC on Steam. Still would have preferred the base game being cheaper with the option to buy the DLC. Might wait for a sale since it's so close to the beginning of the landslide of AAA games.

#2893 PsychoNinja1994  

PsychoNinja1994

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:43 AM

The Act 4 changes for Shadow of War make it to were you only do 5 fortress defenses instead of 20 and they added new dialogue to make it have a better story arch. Also they added new gear unlocks for completing Act 4.

#2894 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:04 AM

PSN won't accept my CC since it isn't an US one and Amazon has been mysteriously OOS on PSN digital code for a while now. Is there any other option available? If not, I guess I can hold out on increasing my digital backlog for the time being but it does make me sad on missing some of the deals :(

Psn takes PayPal. Also lots of stores like grocery stores and family dollar/dollar general sell hard copy psn cards

#2895 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8964 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:37 AM

So I used PayPal earlier to pay for an order below $5 and it didn't automatically charge me the $5 minimum wallet funding.

Is the minimum gone?

#2896 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:44 AM

I'm guessing the minimum only applies to credit cards, since vendors need to pay a transaction fee each time there is a charge to credit cards.  If I understand correctly, that's not the case with Paypal.

#2897 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:56 AM

I'm guessing the minimum only applies to credit cards, since vendors need to pay a transaction fee each time there is a charge to credit cards. If I understand correctly, that's not the case with Paypal.

Not true on both counts. PayPal has been my payment source for a pretty long time and I’ve always been charged the $5 minimum when I didn’t have the funds loaded and was buying something for less. And PayPal absolutely charges a per transaction fee plus % fee.

It’s been a while since I’ve bought something for under $5 without enough in my wallet to cover it. Seems all my carts have been pretty expensive lately. It sure would be nice if the minimum was gone though

#2898 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:59 AM

Not true on both counts. PayPal has been my payment source for a pretty long time and I’ve always been charged the $5 minimum when I didn’t have the funds loaded and was buying something for less. And PayPal absolutely charges a per transaction fee plus % fee.

It’s been a while since I’ve bought something for under $5 without enough in my wallet to cover it. Seems all my carts have been pretty expensive lately. It sure would be nice if the minimum was gone though

Well, I did say it was a guess.

#2899 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:27 AM

So I used PayPal earlier to pay for an order below $5 and it didn't automatically charge me the $5 minimum wallet funding.

Is the minimum gone?

I bought that something Eyes game $2.99, and it funded exactly what I needed using my CC. In the past it would have added $5 and I would have a couple bucks left over. Dunno what's up. 

#2900 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40110 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:30 AM

After playing Red Faction II for a little, I can't believe I played that game for so many hours back on PS2.

Also I never realized Jason Statham was in it until now.

#2901 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8964 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

This has also been my experience, thought I was just remembering wrong.

Given how XBL, Steam (outside of community market stuff that costs pennies per purchase) and even Nintendo don't have funding minimums, Sony has never had an excuse outside of being greedy.

I would be surprised if they just randomly removed it though given there's little public pressure to do so (as opposed to things like crossplay and name changes) and they're the market leader (which is why they can get away with it in the first place) but stranger things have happened.

#2902 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8186 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:48 PM

Buy/Trade codes from some of the vendors or fellow CAG that take paypal?

#2903 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8186 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

The Act 4 changes for Shadow of War make it to were you only do 5 fortress defenses instead of 20 and they added new dialogue to make it have a better story arch. Also they added new gear unlocks for completing Act 4.

So instead of 20 hours it might be like 5?  Maybe I will try to finish it after all.  

#2904 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2957 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

Oh shoot, I forgot I still have the PSN God of War 25% coupon that expires tomorrow. PM me if you're interested and I'll send it to you.

#2905 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

Great price of Shadow of War but I'll wait for the inevitable BB $16 w/ GCU sale.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is fun but it's pretty buggy and cutscenes tend to skip at times. Overall it's a poor port with a mediocre texture upgrade.

VC will be dirt cheap soon - I'd wait. I got the PS4 digital version in a cheap Humble Bundle a few months ago. Calling it - $5 by September.

#2906 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

So instead of 20 hours it might be like 5?  Maybe I will try to finish it after all.

I don't remember it taking me 20 hours. Maybe I'm fuzzy on it but I kind of remember streamlining it all and beating it relatively quickly. But I enjoyed the postgame so maybe I'm misremembering

#2907 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69990 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

A new deal:

:ps4: :vita: Crypt of the NecroDancer - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/30

Freebie:

:ps4: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo

New Releases:

:ps4: The Mooseman - $6.99

:ps4: Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Truth Bundle - $49.99

:vita: Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Truth Bundle - $49.99

#2908 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69990 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

Enter the Gungeon has a big update coming tomorrow:

#2909 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3457 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:58 PM

Enter the Gungeon has a big update coming tomorrow:

Debating on snagging this on the Switch instead of the PS4.  Any input?

#2910 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14860 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:30 AM

Debating on snagging this on the Switch instead of the PS4.  Any input?

Just be aware it's a rogue-like of the worst kind. It's terribly misleading about collecting guns, because all you do is unlock guns that can drop during a session. When you die, you lose everything so zero sense of progress other than learning from mistakes. Even then, a common complaint is people can barely get very far, even skilled players due to the complete RNG nature of how a run will go. Get shit weapons, you do poorly. Get great weapons and spawns and it makes you curse all those hindered RNG runs because of the difficulty spike.

I bought it a few months back and uninstalled the same night. Absolutely hated it.