* * * * - 9 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/14: Ubisoft, EA, & Totally Digital Sales! $6 Inside, $6 Headlander, $3 Limbo, $6 Rain World, & More!

#3481 kanekiken  

Posted Today, 03:38 AM

So i guess it's okay to preorder an incomplete game for $60, then maybe get the digital deluxe version for $20 more, then maybe get that $30 season pass down the road.

Or, you can do what a sane game does like god of war where they charge you MSRP for a full game. And that game has tons of hours of playtime.

These preorder/dlcs/season passes are just things you have accepted to let these companies make you pay over $100 for what they should be giving their player-base for MSRP.

You're not paying for extra content, the developer doesn't get the money, the publisher does. You're paying extra for things that were taken out of the game so they can sell them to you.

The Deluxe Edition does have the season pass Lol. You wouldn't have to pay for the season pass again. Also, God of War doesn't even have DLC (that we know of yet, you never know). Horizon: Zero Dawn said they'd never make you pay extra for DLC or anything like that and they made an expansion anyways. Yes, it costs money but if it's worth it to you then you buy it. It's your money, you decide what to do with it.

Also, nobody even knows how long it takes to complete Spider-Man. Some people attach different value to games besides money. It isn't always based on length. It can be replay value, how fun it is, free roam capabilities, etc.

#3482 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1899 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted Today, 03:43 AM

Why do you all get together to shit on people once they say something you might not agree with? Wasn't this an issue in the last thread. You people dont change your ways. Total mob mentality.

Basically all of CaG and niche communities. People here act like companies, developers, publishers, franchises, etc are their friends and get defensive when people say anything critical about them.

I worry about my family and my wallet. I don't care about any developer, etc because I'm sure they don't care about me.

These companies, developers, publishers, etc are out to make the most money they can. They aren't here to be your friends.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#3483 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2349 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted Today, 04:11 AM

Why do you all get together to shit on people once they say something you might not agree with? Wasn't this an issue in the last thread. You people dont change your ways. Total mob mentality.

How are we shitting on someone by stating an opinion and counter points? He is entitled to his own opinion, you are entitled to yours and I mine. Why is he allowed to voice his opinion but when we voice ours suddenly we're a mob shitting on someone?

#3484 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:31 AM

Can we argue about The Last of Us next?

#3485 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36577 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:36 AM

Sorry to derail this super-important topic, but it looks like there's hope for Spyro Reignited Trilogy to have all 3 games put on the disc: https://gematsu.com/...-to-november-13

If that turns out to be the reason for the delay, I'll reinstate my preorder.

#3486 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted Today, 05:46 AM

Going to respond to some points in the thread, so don't mind the mess.

Wait so Spiderman having preorder content that can easily be unlocked in the game is worse than God Of War *snip*

I think the main argument was that it has DLC missions included in deluxe. People dislike missions being resold more than skins, but an argument can be made for both being bad.

Basically all of CaG and niche communities. People here act like companies, developers, publishers, franchises, etc are their friends and get defensive when people say anything critical about them.
*snip*
These companies, developers, publishers, etc are out to make the most money they can. They aren't here to be your friends.

I don't think anyone assume any company is our friend. or else we would always be paying full price for games  :lol:

Can we argue about The Last of Us next?

What's that game? Never heard of it. Must be an indie survival game  :-k

To add relevancy to the topic, big fan of Warframe, so happy to see a lot of packs are on sale. Still waiting for that clutch 20% coupon from Sony though