* * - - - 3 votes

Amazon Prime Day - yay?

RIP in Peace servers

#211 ck0  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:25 AM

Anyone happen to own that Essential PH-1 phone?  

I'm thinking about getting it for use with Sprint.  It's a bit much for me at $250.  Would have gotten it at $150 no doubt

#212 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:53 AM

Just saw they put Tomb Raider up for $9.99, but it’s 100% claimed. The one thing I would have bought too. :(

#213 ExplodingRat   KaaaaBLAM. CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

ExplodingRat

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:28 AM

Anyone happen to own that Essential PH-1 phone?  

I'm thinking about getting it for use with Sprint.  It's a bit much for me at $250.  Would have gotten it at $150 no doubt

"Insider info" - The phone isn't bad. It's just really not supported. Super sleek design, feels good in the hand, but has weird issues with it. Not bad for $250, but Sprint has sold it for cheaper in the past already.

#214 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:29 AM

Is PRIMEBOOKS18 not working for anyone else?

I just placed an order using it and it worked fine.

#215 ck0  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:35 AM

"Insider info" - The phone isn't bad. It's just really not supported. Super sleek design, feels good in the hand, but has weird issues with it. Not bad for $250, but Sprint has sold it for cheaper in the past already.

Yeah I've researched it and know pretty much all the issues. I'll give this one a pass then, and keep a lookout for a future deal through Sprint.

#216 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:36 AM

I just placed an order using it and it worked fine.

The promo page says the promotion has been applied to the item in my cart, but the credit doesn't show. Tried with a few different qualifying books.

#217 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:57 AM

The deal of the day for me is $5 prime now credits for no rush shipping. I'm at $35 worth now.

I'd consider actually taking advantage of that if they stacked.

#218 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:04 AM

My only Prime Day purchase was a couple of SanDisk ultra 64gb micro sd cards. Got them expand the storage of me and my Mom's Android phones.

#219 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:35 AM

Seriously, what am I doing wrong.

Spoiler

#220 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1750 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:51 AM

Did you try to add more to your order to see if the code would be applied if the cost after your other discounts was $20+?

#221 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:59 AM

The warning almost makes it sound like it's already been applied to your account.  You haven't used it on a previous order, have you?  It's one-time use only.

#222 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:20 AM

The warning almost makes it sound like it's already been applied to your account.  You haven't used it on a previous order, have you?  It's one-time use only.

No, I haven't even ordered any books in 2018.

Did you try to add more to your order to see if the code would be applied if the cost after your other discounts was $20+?

Yeah, I tried that by adding the 50th Anniversary Edition of The Lord of the Rings. Still doesn't work.

#223 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:31 AM

Huh.  No idea.  Did the other discounts apply automatically or can you remove them?  I wonder if there's some glitch/issue where one of the discounts you have there is conflicting with the book deal code and making the cart think it's already applied.  If you can remove them, it might be worth seeing if the book deal applies if the other discounts aren't in the cart (but I know that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the cheap order).

#224 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:56 AM

Huh.  No idea.  Did the other discounts apply automatically or can you remove them?  I wonder if there's some glitch/issue where one of the discounts you have there is conflicting with the book deal code and making the cart think it's already applied.  If you can remove them, it might be worth seeing if the book deal applies if the other discounts aren't in the cart (but I know that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the cheap order).

I tried that too, but when I remove the other discounts and then try to add the promo it says that it can't be added to the purchase. It does this on all kinds of books that should be eligible. Really weird. I don't think I'm going to be able to get it to work. Thanks for your input, though.

#225 dogwitch  

dogwitch

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:41 AM

yes this year suck. i only bought 1 prime day deal and that was atomic blond. 4k but it did not give me the deal. instead it charge  normal price on check out button. but showed other wise. so i have to call them tommorw.

i cant believe how bad this year was.

#226 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:04 AM

Picked up some fire 8 hd 3 pack devices, the extras will be easily flipped if my relatives decide they don't want it!

#227 tonyvx  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

I got $30 off some groceries, 2 free $10 credits, and 2 $5 off book promos. So $60 total. Plus 10% cash back on a bunch of stuff from Whole Foods. I'm happy  :-

#228 tokyoterror   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

tokyoterror

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

I ended up getting a few things this year. I was looking for deep discounts on a bunch of stuff I added to "my lists", but not on the thing went on sale. I did get a real good deal on a big bag of dog food and actually a great price on an air compressor/brad nailer combo. My wife got a couple dresses. My big score was the Xbone X on eBay, $399.99 no tax no shipping. Was anyone able to use their $5 promo for trying the camera search. I couldn't use it on anything I bought. I guess non of purchases were qualifying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#229 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1463 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

I got $30 off some groceries, 2 free $10 credits, and 2 $5 off book promos. So $60 total. Plus 10% cash back on a bunch of stuff from Whole Foods. I'm happy  :-

Just curious, I was aware of the $10 credit from $10+ whole foods purchase and the $5 from buying $25+ amazon credit, but what was the 2nd $10 credit (assuming the first was the one I mentioned)?

#230 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

Australian Amazon Prime Day is over, so far we had better deals like (prices already converted to US dollars):
- Xbox One S 1tb minecraft limited edition $149.99
- Nintendo Switch blue red joycon $237
- Playstation 4 Pro black with fortnite $285
- God of War Ps4 $29.99
- FIFA 18 XOne/Ps4 $7.5
- Just Dance 2018 $15
- Grand theft auto V $19
- Assassins Creed Origins $15
- Farcry 5 $27
- NBA 2K18 $15
- Fallout 4 $7.5
- Playstation 4 black/blue/red controllers $29.99
- Cod WWII $15
- South Park the stick of truth Ps4/Xone $11
- LA Noire Ps4/Xone $19

Considering it was first prime day and that we don't pay taxes, it was good.

But looking at US prime day, the deals are Meh.

Considering new games are $80 over there, yeah I'd say those are some stellar deals.

#231 tonyvx  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:41 AM

Just curious, I was aware of the $10 credit from $10+ whole foods purchase and the $5 from buying $25+ amazon credit, but what was the 2nd $10 credit (assuming the first was the one I mentioned)?

Deals stacked with Amazon Household members (adding a second account to share prime benefits - some things stack, others don't). So it's the same $10 credit, one on each account.

The $5 I was referring to was the $5 off book promo. Placed 2 separate $20 book orders, 1 with each account, each order cost about $5 with book + wf promo. Not only that, they offered me $5 off a PrimeNow purchase for slower shipping. So really with CAG math I can pretend all the books were free. 

#232 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

I impulse bought a cheap chromebook and a box of poptarts. It seemed like a weak sale to me, usually I buy a ton of random junk. This year i kept going through the lists and nothing seemed to be cycling in/out like previous years instead it was the same stuff all day long.

#233 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

Considering new games are $80 over there, yeah I'd say those are some stellar deals.

But Aus $80 are equivalent to Us $60 right now.

Only EB games (Gamestop) stills has games at Aus $99

But yeah it's a good thing not to pay for taxes, the prices were very good for the 3 consoles and you received a $10 credit for streaming a video for the first time on prime video.

#234 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

I ended up getting a few things this year. I was looking for deep discounts on a bunch of stuff I added to "my lists", but not on the thing went on sale. I did get a real good deal on a big bag of dog food and actually a great price on an air compressor/brad nailer combo. My wife got a couple dresses. My big score was the Xbone X on eBay, $399.99 no tax no shipping. Was anyone able to use their $5 promo for trying the camera search. I couldn't use it on anything I bought. I guess non of purchases were qualifying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing out the $399 Xbox's the other day. I ended up using the $25 off $119 also, so $374.99 was enough to get me to finally bite. Now, to sell my practically new 1 TB One S...

Oh yeah, ended up using PayPal credit also, so thanks for mentioning that as well. 

#235 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14869 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

But Aus $80 are equivalent to Us $60 right now.

Only EB games (Gamestop) stills has games at Aus $99

But yeah it's a good thing not to pay for taxes, the prices were very good for the 3 consoles and you received a $10 credit for streaming a video for the first time on prime video.

Ah things have changed in the last couple of years then. Had a friend down there in FFXIV that I'd talk to but haven't in a while since I quit.