* * * * * 1 votes

Target - $4.99 - Select Nintendo 3DS games

#61 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Is this confirmed at all? If so there better be a Fzero GX port.

GX was on Gamecube.

#62 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3857 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Does anyone know the prices for Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright? I can't add them to cart to see it.

edit - I see someone said they are $24.99 a few posts above.

#63 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

Awakening was $25 in store too.

#64 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

What a great time to wake up at. Would have wanted all those $5 games for my girlfriend since I got her a 3DS and she never plays it

#65 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Thanks OP

6 games that will he shrink wrapped 1 year from now

I love ❤️ u

#66 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9309 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

What a great time to wake up at. Would have wanted all those $5 games for my girlfriend since I got her a 3DS and she never plays it

Yeah, you could have gotten her several more games she could have ignored!

#67 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10371 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the posts. Got Shin Megami Tensei for $5. Own everything else. Very pleased to get this so cheap.

#68 DrawingBlanks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

DrawingBlanks

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

My store had already pulled the stock off the floor, but I was able to have them grab in back for me: NES Remix, Mario 3D Land, LoZ: LBW and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

#69 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

If anyone else decides to go to their local Best Buy store to pricematch, don't waste your time! The register automatically blocks the request because the price is too low. Wasted an hour and got nothing. I'm sure other retailers have similar blocks in place.

#70 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1314 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:59 PM

Looks like I waited too long to go to my local target for SMT. Showing up as out of stock now. I don’t really need SMT:A (as I already have SMTIV) but it’s $5.

I’ll try another target tomorrow after work.

#71 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Looks like the $5 ones are pretty depleted. Glad I picked up a few this morning.

#72 duderanch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

duderanch

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

I think every game is simply $15 off. I picked up:

Super Mario 3D Land ($5)

LOZ: Ocarina of Time ($5)
LOZ: A Link Between Worlds ($5)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon ($5)

Detective Pikachu ($25)

Kirby Battle Royale with Cheese ($25)

Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World  ($11.98 ... on clearance)

#73 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6666 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

Got my Best Buy (via online chat) to match NES Remix, Was the only $5 game I wanted that my Best Buy actually listed they had. Target online said my store had it too but they couldn't locate it in store.

#74 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11936 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

Picked up Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright for $24.99, Super Smash Bros for $24.99, Ultimate NES Remix for $4.99, and Project X-Zone 2 for $4.99. 

Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters and Metroid: Samus Returns are both $24.99 each but I already had them so I left them on the shelf.

#75 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Yeah, you could have gotten her several more games she could have ignored!

No as in she already beat the games she has for it and won't buy any other games herself lol

#76 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Got my Best Buy (via online chat) to match NES Remix, Was the only $5 game I wanted that my Best Buy actually listed they had. Target online said my store had it too but they couldn't locate it in store.

Best Buy has an online chat? Since when?

#77 zekana  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Damn I was out by Target today. I've wanted most of these games so that's a shame

#78 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

If anyone else decides to go to their local Best Buy store to pricematch, don't waste your time! The register automatically blocks the request because the price is too low. Wasted an hour and got nothing. I'm sure other retailers have similar blocks in place.

How did that work? The manager just overrides it
And types the reason in the narrative box in my store in the past. Did that person at the register ask for one or simply shoot you down on their own.

#79 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6666 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

Best Buy has an online chat? Since when?

At least 2-3 years now.

#80 Oscar Explosion   Awesometastic! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Oscar Explosion

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

I wonder if that is new. I got them to price match a copy of Codename Steam from Gamestop that was around $5 with zero issue.

#81 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

The Target I went to appeared to be picked over except for both Zelda games, but I had them check in the back and ended up getting NES Remix, Luigi’s Mansion DM, and Minecraft (I know it’s the worst version). I was hoping to find more $5 games, but I’m pretty happy.

#82 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

How did that work? The manager just overrides it
And types the reason in the narrative box in my store in the past. Did that person at the register ask for one or simply shoot you down on their own.

It wouldn't allow the manager to override. She did call over the manager, and the employees nearby were a bit salty about the price being so low, but the manager said "Do it for him, and if anyone else asks for them, don't do it." She did tell me that there was a lowest price listed that the system would allow - I think it was $16 for Zelda: Link Between Two Worlds.

I wonder if that is new. I got them to price match a copy of Codename Steam from Gamestop that was around $5 with zero issue.

I haven't had issues with pricematching either until now. Codename Steam was already an old game when GS had it for $5, right? Do you remember how much BB was selling it for?

#83 spmahn  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

Target here seemed to have pulled all the 3DS games from the shelf and shoved them on an endcap, so I assume this is the end of 3DS at Target. I found none of the $5 games, I assume they were already picked over by resellers.

#84 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

Yeah that how it always was. That lowest price allowed is overridden by a true manager. Based on what you said originally, it sounded like the manager refused you as well as the register. Sounds like that manager wants the register person to BS future customers into thinking it cant be done

#85 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3459 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

Lol they had the games tucked away in some other case. Not sure if they were planning on moving them to the back, or an employee put them there, or they forgot they were there (seems like the least likely of the three since there were pretty much JUST discounted 3ds games)...

#86 Mendoza357   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Mendoza357

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Same thing happened to me. Luckily the target next door had the games I wanted.

#87 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

Picked the wrong day to sleep in past 11. Still managed to get most of what I wanted though.

First tried to get BB chat working and it wouldn't load for some reason. Then went to 2 targets and 2 BBs that happen to both be by each other. Only found 1 copy ALBW at Target. At first BB, I tried to pricematch OoT, NES Remix, and 3d marioland. They said Mario was out of stock so they couldn't do that one even though I see it as in stock on the website at some Targets in the area. The other 2 both came up with the notice that they couldn't be discounted more than 50%. A manager came over and created a $10 GC and marked each game to 9.99. He then used the GC on the purchase so I was able to get each game for $5. At second BB, tried to match Marioland and Luigi's Mansion and they said one was out of stock but didn't mention which one. They got the 50% notice, so they got a manager and the manager said they can't pricematch at all if the game is below $10 because it's below their cost for the game.

Went home and tried chat again. Didn't work in Chrome still, but tried Edge and it worked no problem. The CS agent took awhile, but matched Marioland no problem. I'm still on the fence about Luigi's Mansion so I haven't tried that. I did try Donkey Kong, but the only version BB has is digital and they won't match Target's physical version.

#88 jwizzle5786   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

jwizzle5786

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Really hoping this means more clearanced 2DSs. Been thinking of upgrading my OG 3DS but I don't have much of a need to at the moment.

#89 cjones641  

cjones641

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

was at target today to get the pokemon let's go eevee pokeball plus for $50 and got home to see this thread!

went on bestbuy.com and got price adjustments for mario land and nes remix. was going to get luigis mansion but it isn't on the target site anymore.

#90 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

Yeah that how it always was. That lowest price allowed is overridden by a true manager. Based on what you said originally, it sounded like the manager refused you as well as the register. Sounds like that manager wants the register person to BS future customers into thinking it cant be done

I think this is a new thing. Check out nny's post below: the manager created $10 gift cards to knock the prices down since the computer wouldn't let him get past the 50% warning. Have you seen that warning before?