* * * * * 1 votes

Target - $4.99 - Select Nintendo 3DS games

#211 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4040 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

how many of you have had luck with them finding things in the back?

They found :ps4: Shadow of the Colossus in the back room for me last week. BS said my store had stock, I checked the floor, couldn't find it, asked a clerk, he looked it up, and came back a few minutes later with the game. He said SotC was back there because it had been discontinued.

It's worth asking a clerk to find a game for you if you can't find it on the floor.

• mdm likes this

#212 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   942 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

One of the targets near me still says PXZ2 is "in stock" (not limited quantity) on brickseek but I couldn't find it anywhere on the floor... how many of you have had luck with them finding things in the back? I've never in my years of being cheap had any success asking an employee to find something in the proverbial back before but someone in this thread mentioned it I think.... is target putting a bunch their discounted 3DS games in the back for some reason or is brickseek just really terrible?

I asked for smt4. Brickseek said no stock, but their system showed 1 copy. They had to go to a separate long-term back room to get it. At another store the guy just looked at me and asked if it was on the floor, and then didn't care enough to look it up. He was done working.
  • mdm likes this

#213 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   971 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Found a couple copies of SMT4 Scattered throughout an endcap of ps4 and x1 games, brickseek showed 0 for the store

#214 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

Most of the $5 stuff was sold out, but I did manage to get DKCR and NSML. Would've loved SMT and the NES remix, but still pleased. Thanks OP!

#215 3xploitz  

3xploitz

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Picked up last copy of DK Country returns $4.99 in a target here in Nj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#216 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4440 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

I stopped by my target again yesterday to pick up a few things and they still had 2 copies of smt apocalypse 1 copy of wario, 3 copies of mario kart 7, 2 copies of dq7 but that rings up at 14.99, 5 copies of super mario 3d, 1 copy of donkey kong and 2 copies of ocarina 3d.

#217 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Lego Avengers is/was cheap also.  Got one when I made the rounds on Monday which included grabbing Lego SW and SML3D.  Was hoping for SMT and SNES remix but no luck even though the two locations I visited showed limited stock.  My try again this weekend if sale holds.

#218 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Grabbed Mario 3D, DKC, and LM:DM. Now to just buy a 3ds. Wish there were some Link Betweens around me, but oos everywhere. Might grab OoT if there are any left later.

#219 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:48 PM

Once again, no new info here: just collecting all known deals into one post w/ BS links. All games are $4.99 and the "Nintendo Selects" branded titles unless otherwise notated:

:3ds:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-7005

Big Hero 6: Battle In the Bay ($1.99, non-NS) - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-1511

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-0313

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-7037

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-0315

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (non-NS) - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-4230

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-7007

Project X Zone 2 (non-NS) - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-9002

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (non-NS) - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-9026

Super Mario 3D Land - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-7038

Ultimate NES Remix - https://brickseek.co...sku=207-02-7039

Brickseek showed that my Target was OOS on Luigi, but went there anyway for Death Of the Outsider,  of course they had tons of Luigi Mansion..

..but it was ringing up at $24.99. 

However I can't look it up on the app or on Target online. 

Anyone know what the deal is with Luigi?   Target guy of course wouldn't PM to other Target in town since he couldn't look it up at all.. 

just curious how this all works. 

oNe

#220 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

the Milwaukee area seems to be pretty much picked clean now. i did score a random copy of shenmue though, even though bs showed out of stock. i also left one copy of smt4 apocalypse out there.

#221 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Sean, are you sure you werent confusing luigis mansion (the gamecube remake) which does cost 24.99 on the sale, with luigis mansion: DARK MOON (the 3ds only nintendo selects) which is the one on sale for $5

#222 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Went to the Target by my work on lunch and they had quite a few of the $5 games. All I could find on Sunday was Link Between Worlds, but I hadn't checked this Target before today.

#223 Sean Price   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Sean Price

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

Sean, are you sure you werent confusing luigis mansion (the gamecube remake) which does cost 24.99 on the sale, with luigis mansion: DARK MOON (the 3ds only nintendo selects) which is the one on sale for $5

ahhhh so thats it...

d@m I'm a ID-10-T

which one is better? 

i take it the $25 one is a 3ds release, worth the $25? 

oNe

p.s. also if I may ask, how did you know I was in the Milw area?   aka are you my competition?  bwa haha

#224 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:19 PM

actually i didnt know. i was talking about myself, haha. we have a pretty active cag community here.

both luigis mansions are great games.

if you're in the area today, the target in bay view on chase ave is where i left the last copy of shin megami tensei 4 apocalypse in the area. you need to ask an employee though. it was in the back room.

#225 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4040 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

Stopped by my Target today and found a lone Luigi's Mansion DM. It was not there when I checked a few days ago. Got it for my nephew.

It's funny that while most of the 3DS games are $15 off, the ones that have been clearanced at most Targets like Hey Pikmin and Miitopia for as low as $12 are still ringing $40 at my store ^^;

#226 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

One of the targets near me still says PXZ2 is "in stock" (not limited quantity) on brickseek but I couldn't find it anywhere on the floor... how many of you have had luck with them finding things in the back? I've never in my years of being cheap had any success asking an employee to find something in the proverbial back before but someone in this thread mentioned it I think.... is target putting a bunch their discounted 3DS games in the back for some reason or is brickseek just really terrible?

Your exact situation happened to me with ALBW. You should go to Brickseek, write down the DPCI on a piece of paper and ask them to find it for you. I asked a rep and they said all the copies were in the back for some reason and pulled one out for me to buy. There's definitely a chance you can get what you want so if you have the time, I personally recommend it. Good luck!
  • mdm likes this

#227 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

Well one of my orders arrived today and they actually shipped the games in the store security cases that I cannot open to get the game out.

Morons.

#228 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4386 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:50 PM

Brickseek has been so off. The Target guy was nice enough to go in the back to look for SMT IV since only his store is showing it in stock in the whole city. Instead he could only find other games which BS said they didn't have.

(Love to trade for SMT IV if someone is looking for something else. Please PM me. Thanks.)

#229 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

I am also looking for an SMT if anyone has and extra either for sale or trade for other 3DS titles.

#230 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   942 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:52 AM

Guy in front me of just tried to buy four copies sm3d land, got shut down, was told only 2 at a time.

#231 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Brickseek has been so off. The Target guy was nice enough to go in the back to look for SMT IV since only his store is showing it in stock in the whole city. Instead he could only find other games which BS said they didn't have.

(Love to trade for SMT IV if someone is looking for something else. Please PM me. Thanks.)

I am sure if you bring the package slip and the game with you they should open using their Alpha S3 key.

#232 momshotdad   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

momshotdad

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

Denton, TX was picked clean. The clearance area for that store is also really bad because I think they send the clearance stuff to the bigger store in Lewisville. Oh well I would have loved to find a copy of Apocalypse or NES Remix.

#233 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6252 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

No restock tonight, but I did get a copy of Big Hero 6 for $1.99.  

I'll take it.  :whee:

#234 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:52 AM

I am sure if you bring the package slip and the game with you they should open using their Alpha S3 key.

Yes that is what I will be doing. Called Target.com and they sent an email with a reference number to print and bring explaining what happened if the packing slip is not enough. Also gave me $10 credit for the trouble. The rep was really great and could not believe they shipped them like that. He was going to redo the shipment but those games are long gone from the website.

#235 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:19 AM

Yes that is what I will be doing. Called Target.com and they sent an email with a reference number to print and bring explaining what happened if the packing slip is not enough. Also gave me $10 credit for the trouble. The rep was really great and could not believe they shipped them like that. He was going to redo the shipment but those games are long gone from the website.

If this would had happened to me. I would just take it to work (not Target or other electronics) where we have the key since we USED to use it but they are easlly broken into with right tools. Everything is looked up now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#236 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:34 AM

Stopped by the Target in Van Nuys, CA after work tonight to try and find a few of the cheap 3DS games that were supposedly in stock there. There was nothing on the floor (although the two clearance end caps I saw in the video game section still had quite a few copies each of Code Name STEAM, Yo-Kai Watch and Bony Spirits), but the very kind redshirt in electronics looked up the DPCIs I had written down on my list on his handheld device and said that although none of the Nintendo Selects games were in stock, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Project X Zone 2 were supposed to be in the back. He disappeared for a few minutes and came back with the last copies of each of the aforementioned games, as well as the final, previously hidden copy of A Link Between Worlds. All three games total rang up to just under $16 w/ my Redcard discount...made a shitty day at work end a little better.

#237 jr7936   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:37 AM

my copy of kirby triple deluxe for 4.99, arrived tonight for me to pick up at best buy for in store pickup.

#238 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13921 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

It really boggles the mind why if there's a sale on these games that almost every store is holding some in back. Without BS, I feel like a lot of people would just not be getting these deals. Shame on Target.

#239 shomsloc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

shomsloc

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

Hey,  I have an extra Zelda, Ocarina of time 3DS.  Looking to trade for 3DS New The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds .

#240 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

I did ship to store and twice now the app alerted me that the Super Mario 3D Land order I made is ready for pickup, only to go back to "Arriving in store by (date)"