* * * * - 8 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#4471 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12974 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:41 AM

I doubt it'll get cancelled, they have a month to straighten it out in their systems.

They had the same issue with Owlboy CE for Switch and they never straightened it out.  A bunch of people (including myself) lost their preorders for that because of it.  It looks like they corrected the issue with Doom though. 

#4472 srocky26  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

SE will be charging for the FF VII Remake CE next week. Already shitty that they’re charging for this 3-4 months in advance, but then sending the email on Thanksgiving morning is even worse. Seems like they wanted to sneak the email in with all the spam from other sales so people miss it.

#4473 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

I got the email days ago. It is weird to charge so early tho I didnt really read the whole email.

#4474 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4571 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

SE will be charging for the FF VII Remake CE next week. Already shitty that they’re charging for this 3-4 months in advance, but then sending the email on Thanksgiving morning is even worse. Seems like they wanted to sneak the email in with all the spam from other sales so people miss it.

It also said that if your payment gets rejected or if there is an error they will try again a couple other times leading up to release.

#4475 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

I got the email days ago. It is weird to charge so early tho I didnt really read the whole email.

basically they want to make sure they can take your money or offer it to somebody else who can give them money when everything's ready to ship so you can't change your mind.

#4476 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22992 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:45 PM

basically they want to make sure they can take your money or offer it to somebody else who can give them money when everything's ready to ship so you can't change your mind.

Honestly, they could have waited until Jan... it's the fucking holidays, people are spending a lot of money as is. Now there's going to be another $300+ gone for everyone on something that they won't have for another 3 months. 

SE basically just wants to collect the money now to make their financials look better and earn interest on that money. 

#4477 Jhingles  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for this. Didn't even get the email, but now I can cancel and not feel bad!

#4478 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14787 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:52 AM

Honestly, they could have waited until Jan... it's the fucking holidays, people are spending a lot of money as is. Now there's going to be another $300+ gone for everyone on something that they won't have for another 3 months. 

SE basically just wants to collect the money now to make their financials look better and earn interest on that money. 

That's fucked up TBH. Wonder if they're violating their own TOS with that horseshit. They really have become a shitheel company. :???:

#4479 MasamuneNKX   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

MasamuneNKX

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:39 AM

Had already pretty much decided to cancel my FFVII CE preorder anyway (sure I want that figure, but not $250 levels of want it, and especially when it's not even an actual package with the game...), but them charging for it so early, and during the most money-strapped time of the year no less, made it a lot easier to just go hit that cancel button and get it done with. What a shame. Looking forward to the game itself, and I'll be happy with the deluxe edition instead, but the CE really does feel like just a giant money grab, even more than what most CE's are. Wish they'd have some more respect for their customers and product.

#4480 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Had already pretty much decided to cancel my FFVII CE preorder anyway (sure I want that figure, but not $250 levels of want it, and especially when it's not even an actual package with the game...), but them charging for it so early, and during the most money-strapped time of the year no less, made it a lot easier to just go hit that cancel button and get it done with. What a shame. Looking forward to the game itself, and I'll be happy with the deluxe edition instead, but the CE really does feel like just a giant money grab, even more than what most CE's are. Wish they'd have some more respect for their customers and product.

So dumb that they went the route on separating the game from the bike and figure.

I'll be canceling as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4481 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Just cancelled. Feels like vapor ware at this point anyway.

#4482 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1732 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

Makes me wonder if the issues they had with the FFXV CE missing discs made them separate the game and goods with FF7R and KH3 LE sets. 

#4483 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   824 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

You can buy the figure separately without the bike. I bought it before the CE was announced. Now I’m selling it to offset the cost of the CE (because I want the bike).

#4484 Tothoro  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:48 PM

I ended up just getting the deluxe of FF7. Steelbooks are cool and the figure isn't worth $250. It was one of my last GCU pre-orders.

If they did something similar for FF8 I'd just be indiscriminately throwing money at them, though. I understand how some people still want the FF7R CE

#4485 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4571 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:23 PM

It's actually $330 which I totally forgot. This is a $360 buy. I'm gonna keep this one because FFVII is my favorite game ever and I want this as a collector's item, but I'm sorry I draw the line if they try and churn out $330 CEs for every episodic release. Not paying a thousand dollars for the whole set of any CE unless I get total "F you money" in my future.

#4486 LoveDragonDon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

LoveDragonDon

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:31 AM

Was anything on sale this BF?

#4487 LoveDragonDon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

LoveDragonDon

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:32 AM

CEs that is

#4488 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:22 AM

Was anything on sale this BF?

TC GR Breakpoint was 55% off on Friday

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#4489 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4571 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:23 AM

SE? A discount on CE's?

You have a better chance at summoning Ifrit with a rock than getting a discounted CE.

#4490 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:52 AM

It's actually $330 which I totally forgot. This is a $360 buy. I'm gonna keep this one because FFVII is my favorite game ever and I want this as a collector's item, but I'm sorry I draw the line if they try and churn out $330 CEs for every episodic release. Not paying a thousand dollars for the whole set of any CE unless I get total "F you money" in my future.

Oh you well and we know it, I wanted to cancel but I love FF7 and I can't

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4491 Tothoro  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:58 AM

CEs that is

SE? A discount on CE's?

You have a better chance at summoning Ifrit with a rock than getting a discounted CE.

FFXIV, Dissidia, FFXIII-2 and a few other CEs were on sale. A few others, too, but nothing really notable or rare.

#4492 LoveDragonDon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

LoveDragonDon

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:09 AM

Nothing that had Awesome stuff inside?

#4493 Tothoro  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:35 PM

Nothing that had Awesome stuff inside?

IMO no. Artbooks, soundtracks, etc. Dissidia has the Warriors of Light statue that looks okay and FFXII has the Judge Magister statues, but I have enough statues already and no particular affinity toward either game.

#4494 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8776 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

LMAO

The SquareEnix store has become even more of a shitshow and funnier.  Their solution to their CE debacle is to charge hundreds of dollars months in advance in order to prevent people from cancelling.  These guys are a joke.  :rofl:

#4495 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22992 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:48 PM

LMAO

The SquareEnix store has become even more of a shitshow and funnier.  Their solution to their CE debacle is to charge hundreds of dollars months in advance in order to prevent people from cancelling.  These guys are a joke.  :rofl:

Can't people still cancel? I thought it was possible to cancel up to a few days before the item ships? 

#4496 Nelson2011   Huh?! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:01 PM

I don't even remember what CC I used lol

#4497 Cloudx9  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

LMAO

The SquareEnix store has become even more of a shitshow and funnier. Their solution to their CE debacle is to charge hundreds of dollars months in advance in order to prevent people from cancelling. These guys are a joke. :rofl:

people can still cancel, they're probably doing this to gauge on how many of these preorders are from serious buyers and not wait till the last minute to find out how many orders are bad orders.

#4498 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22992 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:52 AM

people can still cancel, they're probably doing this to gauge on how many of these preorders are from serious buyers and not wait till the last minute to find out how many orders are bad orders.

Given this dick move by them, I might still cancel at the last minute to counter-dick them. 

For now though, the game looks promising and FFVII is probably the most memorable game I ever played (it's the game that made me fall in love with RPGs) so I do want it. 

#4499 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:40 AM

Definitely promoted me to cancel. Although it’s not as nasty as the companies like LRG that obviously grab cash and earn off of it for months before intending to deliver.

#4500 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:46 AM

Definitely promoted me to cancel. Although it’s not as nasty as the companies like LRG that obviously grab cash and earn off of it for months before intending to deliver.

So true also just canceled my order 😀