Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else ordered the 2b figure from the Nier Automata black box edition on Square Enix rewards store last week? Anyone got their's shipped out yet?

Skipping RE2 and KH3 for now.  Got the RE2 steelbook ordered from BB, but no hurry to get the game.  The KH3 steelbook is pretty bland and got no interest in it and not familiar with the series.  I may snag the whole series on PS4 later and try it out.

For now, Crackdown 3 and Anthem are pre-ordered at BB for the steelbooks.  I'll give the Anthem demos a try, but feel like it's going to be cancelled.  I'm looking forward to Crackdown 3, but bummed it's down to 2 player co-op.

I have the CE for Metro Exodus, Sekiro, Left Alive, Days Gone, Biomutant, and Rage 2 all pre-ordered.  They all look like decent CEs.  Metro was a bit pricey compared to the others, but I like the series and what's included with that one.

I might go for the MK11 Deluxe edition.  The CE is too much for a mask and bland steelbook.  I like the matte logo on the Deluxe one better.

Anyone else ordered the 2b figure from the Nier Automata black box edition on Square Enix rewards store last week? Anyone got their's shipped out yet?
I did not order it,

But from my experience SE rewards stuff sometimes takes a looooonnnggg time to ship out. I remember I ordered some FF mini figures that didn’t ship until 2 months later. (This was last year)

I'm seeing the charges for the KH3 PS4 Pro now, too! I've never been so happy to see hundreds of dollars added to my credit card account lol. 

BTW, that Dark Souls compendium book that comes with super-overmilked-ultra-costs-too-much edition was down to $29.99 at some point. Just checked my Amazon pre-order and it was updated. It's now $35 but goes to show it won't be $50 by the time it ships. Worth it at $30 IMO.

Why is there DLC? I though all content was on disc, even for the switch version.
These two free packs on all the stores contain all the DLC that cost money on the 360 version. The big reason I need to make sure the level up & Gald freebies work is if you unlock the 3rd form of the final boss, you need to be around level 85 to beat it, & when you get to the final dungeon you’ll be around level 65 & the grinding you would have to do is insane.

Also if you want the all skits trophy/achievement, you need the extra money for all of the scenes at the spa.

I meant all 3 Deluxe Editions have preorders shut off. Standard copies are still OK.

Most surprised on DMC 5 Deluxe given it’s 6 weeks away.
I actually got a pre order in for RE deluxe instore and was surprised. I’ll try to pre order dmc deluxe instore. Maybe our store just didn’t have a lot of pre orders?

I actually got a pre order in for RE deluxe instore and was surprised. I’ll try to pre order dmc deluxe instore. Maybe our store just didn’t have a lot of pre orders?
I don’t know, they were shut off at the store I shop at & I was the only DMC 5 Deluxe Preorder.

RE & KH I understand with them being within a week of release.

(I have them all paid off, was just giving a warning to the group since I shop the most at GS of anyone in this thread.)

I don’t know, they were shut off at the store I shop at & I was the only DMC 5 Deluxe Preorder.

RE & KH I understand with them being within a week of release.

(I have them all paid off, was just giving a warning to the group since I shop the most at GS of anyone in this thread.)
Each store gets different stock. They may be expecting an extra.

BTW, that Dark Souls compendium book that comes with super-overmilked-ultra-costs-too-much edition was down to $29.99 at some point. Just checked my Amazon pre-order and it was updated. It's now $35 but goes to show it won't be $50 by the time it ships. Worth it at $30 IMO.
This shows that the pre-order was totally worth it. I got my order in the day it went up at $49.99. Then it was reduced to $29.99 and Amazon automatically updated and locked it in at that price for me. Now it's at $35.22 and that's what buyers are currently paying.

Sucks I can't use my Amazon store card for no int financing...  but I've been waiting for a LE PS4 Pro and finding this bundle for less than what it would have cost after tax here is a no brainier.  This is messing with my plan for paying off the Amex next Friday but I know I will regret not pulling the trigger now when I have the chance.  Now to see if I can get rid of the game and my Destiny LE PS4, I guess...

Does this come with the game? n Just realized this is actually $100 more than the US bundle soooooo, yeah...  I'm good.  Will wait for a Last of Us 2 LE.

Sucks I can't use my Amazon store card for no int financing... but I've been waiting for a LE PS4 Pro and finding this bundle for less than what it would have cost after tax here is a no brainier. This is messing with my plan for paying off the Amex next Friday but I know I will regret not pulling the trigger now when I have the chance. Now to see if I can get rid of the game and my Destiny LE PS4, I guess...

Does this come with the game? n Just realized this is actually $100 more than the US bundle soooooo, yeah... I'm good. Will wait for a Last of Us 2 LE.
It does come with the game, so really it costs an extra $60 compared to what a Pro + Game would cost normally. I sold my plain PS4 Pro for $260 yesterday - could have got more but didn't care that much, just wanted to recoup some of the cost of the new one. I would imagine then you could get a little more for your limited Destiny one and walk away for about $200 out of pocket for everything.

Not to mention with these going for $750-780ish on Ebay almost every time, if you ever end up selling this in the future you're going to make back what you spent.

Here's a strange one: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07N1JDZ53/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

81FxbtTm7BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Best Buy accidentally shipped me two steelbooks. I just got a notification that two of them shipped.

Apologize if this has been answered already, but anyone know if the KH3 limited edition comes with the basic game case as well? Or only the steelbook? Also, for those who purchased the stupid GameStop KH3 PS4 Pro console bundle, is it possible to return just the bundled items without having to return the console as well?

Thanks in advance.

Apologize if this has been answered already, but anyone know if the KH3 limited edition comes with the basic game case as well? Or only the steelbook? Also, for those who purchased the stupid GameStop KH3 PS4 Pro console bundle, is it possible to return just the bundled items without having to return the console as well?

Thanks in advance.
Uhhh no, I'm pretty sure the game is actually inside the console box and will have a "not for resale" label on the back like all other consoles that are bundled with a game.

Uhhh no, I'm pretty sure the game is actually inside the console box and will have a "not for resale" label on the back like all other consoles that are bundled with a game.
Sorry, not that, I'm referring to this bundle that GameStop is selling (by the time I was able to order the console they only had this available):

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-kingdom-hearts-iii-hardware-ultimate-fan-bundle/171342

Wondering if I can return the bundled extras separately. I know it sort of says it isn't possible toward the bottom of the page, but in my order confirmation page each item is listed separately with individual prices so I'm holding out hope I won't be forced to pay an extra $70 for stuff I don't need.

Sorry, not that, I'm referring to this bundle that GameStop is selling (by the time I was able to order the console they only had this available):

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-kingdom-hearts-iii-hardware-ultimate-fan-bundle/171342

Wondering if I can return the bundled extras separately. I know it sort of says it isn't possible toward the bottom of the page, but in my order confirmation page each item is listed separately with individual prices so I'm holding out hope I won't be forced to pay an extra $70 for stuff I don't need.
Appears the only return they will accept is the whole bundle, unopened. I remember they added bundles during the release of the 500 million ps4 pro because they knew people would pay for it once the non-bundles sold out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wondering if I can return the bundled extras separately.
Technically you're not allowed to return things separately however some nice employees will do it for you. I had to go to a couple stores before I found one that would let me return the 500m headset but it can be done. ymmv of course

I've been able to return bundled items no problem on multiple occasions at various stores. I just walk in with the shipping receipt and only the bundled item and ask to return it. Alternatively, you can ask to return it so you can use trade credit to buy it, then take it to another store with the new receipt.

Any advice on what I should do with my standard KH3 that comes with the console other than sell on ebay? Ordered the deluxe so don't need it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back