Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone get the RE2 CE yet? What's the verdict, worth it or not?
Everything is nice. But as it is it's overpriced. Even if a steelbook was included I wouldn't say it's worth more than $150. Still, It's RE2, no way I wasn't gonna preorder it and i'm kinda glad I did cause it seems gamestop ran out... seems. Wouldn't be surprised if they came back in stock and stores got more getting people to FOMO in but for now none of my local gamestops have extras. Only ones they'll have for now are those who flake out and don't pick up their pre orders. It's currently not even listed on the website.

It looks like the RE2 CE for PS4 has been completely delisted from the Gamestop website. So glad I jumped on this one, I'm sure there's been others but I think the only Gamestop exclusive CE that never sold well and got massively discounted was the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE.
I mean, NG3 sucked so much ass lol. No matter how low the price, would you still be proud to own a CE of a game that killed a franchise?

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7: [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
That statue looks nuts. 

CodeVein_Collectors.jpg

In for a copy of the Ace Combat 7 CE. Love that packaging and steelbook. Just wish they had that version on the Xbox but appears PS4 exclusive.

Edit: Wow nm I thought it linked to the CE edition but the add to cart appears to be for the regular edition at $69.99 for some reason. Hope I can cancel!

Wish I could order that code vein but site says they don't ship anything out of country over 100 pounds.

Edit: Wow nm I thought it linked to the CE edition but the add to cart appears to be for the regular edition at $69.99 for some reason. Hope I can cancel!
The CE is OOS, right above it is a link to the regular edition.

Code Vein got delayed to 2019, dunno if stock was ever OOS or they haven't given the retailers the number yet.

I like how simple and badass the CE is. Art book, steelbook and statue. And soundtrack I think. No extra stuff that people would actually need instead of those 3
Yeah and only $30 more then the base game. Also get the bonus letter opener, I hope. Never know with Gamestop though, when it comes to bonus items.

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

33nyg55.jpg

Rest is OOS.
The walking dead was delayed again with no release date in sight. With very poor reviews for the PC version and more delays on console, I don't expect this one to make it.

You can try in-store. I saw they were sold out so went to the store to ask and I could still place an order there.
That’s exactly what I did. I honestly forgot about the game until last week. Went to eBay because I couldn’t find a ps4 version anywhere and I almost fucked up and paid $140 for the damn preorder. The seller (scalper) fucked it up by being a pompous ass regarding the letter opener, claiming they were going to sell that separately. They got all high and mighty, so I said fuck it and preordered the dirtbox one version, which was still up on GameStop’s app. Afterwards, I called my local GameStop on a whim, and the guy said they were still taking preorders for the ps4 version, so I went in and paid it off, then cancelled my online order.

The walking dead was delayed again with no release date in site. With very poor reviews for the PC version and more delays on console, I don't expect this one to make it.
Exactly what I was thinking. I actually thought the game had been cancelled outright for consoles. It's possible they can fix their mess before it launches on consoles (Payday 2 is incredibly fun but if anyone else here picked it up launch day you'll remember how much of a shit show it was and how they turned it around) though with all the other controversies going on with their headquarters being raided and CEO leaving this may also disappear into Oblivion. Kind of a lame looking LE anyway though the steel book looks super nice

I just bought Destiny 2: Forsaken for $19.99 on Newegg last week and have been having a blast.

pewpewpew!

btw does the expansion pass ever go on sale anywhere?  Funny how you can get the whole game for 20 but the pass is constantly $35.

Looks like the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice CE is sold out at Gamestop for all 3 platforms.
Forgot this was coming out soon but I'm only curious about the resell value lol. Everyone raved about Nioh, but it was super niche and I HATED the demo so will be interesting to see how this plays out. Wish they would put out a demo for this game because there's zero hype for it.

I just bought Destiny 2: Forsaken for $19.99 on Newegg last week and have been having a blast.

pewpewpew!

btw does the expansion pass ever go on sale anywhere? Funny how you can get the whole game for 20 but the pass is constantly $35.
I don't think the current one has been on sale yet. This is only the first part of the current pass, I want to say last year after the first dlc drop from the annual pass we saw a sale on that piece of dlc, and a small sale on the pass about a month or two after the first part launched launched. And a sale on the pass leading up to the second dlc. This years pass has 3 dlcs iirc, so not sure if it will follow suit.

Anyone else get multiple keychains with their KH3 deluxe from Best Buy?

For some reason they attached 3 keychains to my order, and they gave me all 3 when I picked it up.

For some reason they attached 3 keychains to my order, and they gave me all 3 when I picked it up.
I got totally the opposite. No keychains. I had set both the game and keychains to be shipped to my house only to have the keychain be "Returned". I chatted with customer service on why it was returned even though i never asked the item to be returned and they couldnt give me an answer. They told me best I could do is go to one the actual store and talk with a manager about getting a keychain.

I had the full transcript sent to my email. I guess next time i bother going to BB i will take a copy of my transcript and see what happens. At this point i have no intention of even bothering driving to BB just for a keychain fuck

My KH3 deluxe didn't even show up. Checked tracking and it is apparently delayed. Called BB pissed off and their excuse was that the warehouse didn't have enough copies to fulfil my order. I'm like damn bitch I ordered this months ago and it's still on sale online. I didn't actually use those words because I'm an adult irl or whatever but long story short they're shipping it from a different warehouse and it'll be to me on Thursday. First time I've ever had an experience like this with BB. Oddly enough I got the keychain today lol.

Wasn't going to get KH3 at launch, but GS still had one out for xbox and jumped on the deluxe.  The art book is way tiny, but love that the standard case came with it next to the steelbook.  I have too many games without normal cases because of that.  I've got a pile of the dual sided bluray cases off of amazon and use DLC inserts to show what games are in each.

I only got one keychain. Before I opened it I said to myself, which one would I least like to get out of 10+ possibilities? I settled on Kairi. When I opened it, of course it was Kairi. Oh well, just the game gods balancing out my luck because I somehow got two steelbooks for RE2.

pewpewpew!

btw does the expansion pass ever go on sale anywhere? Funny how you can get the whole game for 20 but the pass is constantly $35.
You're in for a treat as there is all kinds of content to enjoy in that Expansion. Since you just got the game you are eligible for the Refer a Friend program. If you don't know anyone that can refer you, check this forum out:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Groups/Forum?groupId=1358991

Yeah, they added multiple for me too. I'm guessing it had to do with an error when adding the keychain for people who ordered before the offer was available.

I got Sora, Riku & the shadow heartless

Yeah, they added multiple for me too. I'm guessing it had to do with an error when adding the keychain for people who ordered before the offer was available.
I got Sora, Riku & the shadow heartless
Do you have pics? I'm doubting of buying it from ebay

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Well, got the Resident Evil 2 Collectors Edition today finally. My excitement immediately turned to horror as soon as I saw the box, There was a huge punctured hole on the shipping box, and of course once I opened it, noticed the same huge punctured hole in the CE Box. as well as a small puncture on the statue box. Luckily the Statue itself was not damaged. called gamestop and they basically just said either ship it back for a refund or suck it up if you want to keep the item that's now sold out (I know the Xbox One version still show in stock, but its actually also sold out as of an hour ago). I know it's UPS's fault but other retailers wouldve kept a few in the warehouse for damage replacements, then again GS is going under pretty soon probably so they wouldn't give a damn. I wish they would stop getting exclusive rare CE's though.

Do you have pics? I'm doubting of buying it from ebay

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
They're not anything special or exclusive to the preorder. You can probably buy it normally from best buy or even gamestop. It's just a cheap blind bag novelty item

Well, got the Resident Evil 2 Collectors Edition today finally. My excitement immediately turned to horror as soon as I saw the box, There was a huge punctured hole on the shipping box, and of course once I opened it, noticed the same huge punctured hole in the CE Box. as well as a small puncture on the statue box. Luckily the Statue itself was not damaged. called gamestop and they basically just said either ship it back for a refund or suck it up if you want to keep the item that's now sold out (I know the Xbox One version still show in stock, but its actually also sold out as of an hour ago). I know it's UPS's fault but other retailers wouldve kept a few in the warehouse for damage replacements, then again GS is going under pretty soon probably so they wouldn't give a damn. I wish they would stop getting exclusive rare CE's though.
I feel like you should get a compensation gift card

Go into your local store and ask them to email product request because the warehouse normally has extras set aside for situations just like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back