Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here you go, the EU ToV DE PE:

IJU2C3f.jpg
zAM0kUl.jpg
oJShCkP.jpg
LgrpoO0.jpg
arS61tH.jpg
rYjPRc9.jpg
EyBwxO6.jpg
gV01eNt.jpg
2SvYEZL.jpg
That is so much better than the US one. And for $25-30 cheaper wow.

Looking forward to getting mine... wish it were easier to travk but navigating through all the Ge rt man tabs is difficult so I'll just be patient.

Are those of you with the RE2 CE pre-ordered from GS keeping it or cancelling? I'm having a tough time deciding, like I know it's overpriced by $50 but that Item Box and Statue also look really sweet. I'm torn.

Are those of you with the RE2 CE pre-ordered from GS keeping it or cancelling? I'm having a tough time deciding, like I know it's overpriced by $50 but that Item Box and Statue also look really sweet. I'm torn.
Think its too late to cancel anyways at this point. GS charged for these last Fri.

Question: was there not a "Complete Edition" thread previously? I know this isn't it but was hoping someone could link me to it, I can't seem to find it in the forum list anymore.

FYI it looks like the Mortal Kombat 11 case is a Metalpak which at least means it has a spine. Also appears to have different versions based on which edition of the game you get.

74a36cc40b166e5d2e112fb966b2b0a5.jpg

Looks like there only making 20k of the MK11 CE.

And it looks like the magnet dragon logo from the case that detaches can be placed into the stand that holds the scorpion mask.

Same boat. I couldn't justify the cost so I ended up calling GS customer service last night. They were able to cancel the order, but not sure what would happen if you tried today.

Preordered mine in-store and keeping mine. $200 is a little high compared to Re7, which was $180, plus i got a $30 off coupon since it got delayed, so essentially making it $150, in a way. From images I've seen, the statue looks good, but was hoping for some close up, more detailed images by now.

EU Tales of Vesperia came.  Then I came.

tales-of-vesperia-1.jpg

Sold my NA version which pretty much paid for it before fees.  This is the superior collector's edition.  I wish it wasn't a little dented and bent but I can live with it.  That's what you get when you order from amazon oversees.  Aside from that, their performance and value is very impressive. 

Anyone else think that Scorpion mask has that matte plastic shine look? probably won't get this one either.
Like the good ole Fallout 76 power armor helmet? I'd hope not to $300 when that's the only thing you are getting but the game - but we will see. Amazed at what some companies try to pass off as ultra CE right now.

Has anyone had the KH3 PS4 Pro pre-authorize on their card yet? Mine has not, and it's making me nervous!

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to still snag a KH3 Pro
Watch the site tonight through Wednesday. Cancellations will come due to pre-auth failure and they will likely list again. And then they'll likely have more a few days before or day of release. And then a few in stock weeks after (Not sure why this typically happens, I think they hold back some stock in case they get damaged)

My FFXV UE came in today.  The dreaded "No Refund" seal wasn't on the box, there were no seals on the steelbooks, and the figure box had some scuffs on it like it'd been in storage or something.  All good condition though.

I also grabbed the Mass Effect Andomeda RC CE on amazon for about $40.  I had my eye on it back in the day and almost went for the dicast car being $100 instead of $200, but seems worth it to wait.

Does the physical deluxe edition of RE2 or DMC5 come with anything special or just DLC? If the packaging isn't upgraded I might just save $10

Does the physical deluxe edition of RE2 or DMC5 come with anything special or just DLC? If the packaging isn't upgraded I might just save $10
It has a reversible cover for RE2, with Leon and Claire on either side. DMCV just has different cover art than the standard edition. Everything else is DLC

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
Appreciate the updates. I'm assuming the steelbook from The Division 2 Ultimate Edition is the same one for the Gold Edition. Anyone know? Otherwise I excluded it because its all DLC and the Gold version is cheaper. 

Like the good ole Fallout 76 power armor helmet? I'd hope not to $300 when that's the only thing you are getting but the game - but we will see. Amazed at what some companies try to pass off as ultra CE right now.
it's exactly what I thought of when I saw it, but I would love to be proven wrong

I just got an email from Bethesda announcing a Fallout 76 leather jacket. This seems so tone deaf, given the issues with the game. It'll probably just be vinyl anyway haha. 

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE] - [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
Appreciate the updates. I'm assuming the steelbook from The Division 2 Ultimate Edition is the same one for the Gold Edition. Anyone know? Otherwise I excluded it because its all DLC and the Gold version is cheaper.
Ubisoft no longer puts the deluxe edition content in the Gold Edition, instead having a separate tier of Ultimate Edition for $20 more. This was the case with Odyssey, but there was no physical way to own the Ultimate Edition. Now GS gets physical exclusivity.

Just realized the order / cancel trick for the steelbook for Crackdown 3.  I'm sure everyone else already knew, but order game, then cancel game and it leaves the steelbook ordered for 10$.  :)

Just realized the order / cancel trick for the steelbook for Crackdown 3. I'm sure everyone else already knew, but order game, then cancel game and it leaves the steelbook ordered for 10$. :)
I did not notice this. Are you positive it works? If so, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did not notice this. Are you positive it works? If so, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I just did it. Now as to whether BestBuy will be mad and cancel the rest for me in time...no idea.

But I currently have an order for ship to home (only way available) for the steelbook.

Yea I just ordered the Deluxe copy from Best Buy.  Only way to get a Steelbook here in the US.  Sadly those will probably be fucked up to all hell with dents and scuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back