Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any advice on what I should do with my standard KH3 that comes with the console other than sell on ebay? Ordered the deluxe so don't need it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm going to throw it on Craigslist, usually you can get $50 the week something is released like this since it saves someone $17 ($60+tax) just easier than eating the fees on eBay.

Any advice on what I should do with my standard KH3 that comes with the console other than sell on ebay? Ordered the deluxe so don't need it.

The easiest thing with the least friction (usually) is to trade it in to GameStop for $30-36. However, I would just go with a local marketplace.

Has the KH3 Pro ever come back in stock on GameStop? It seems like past sold-out LEs popped in & out at least once or twice. Have checked daily with no luck and haven't heard of anyone else being able to get one after the initial sale.

Here's an unboxing of the UK version, BTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1M7cWqbDkM

I think that there's still a chance for the KH3 PS4 Pro to come back in stock for about a week after release. if it still hasn't by then, well, that's a bad sign. haha.

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

The Sekiro steelbook in EB Games is different from the Gamestop CE. 

2q1cvg4.jpg

Nope, even Monster Hunter Pro came back every now and then. This must be pretty limited.
That's what I figured this would be like - the MH Pro. And that one was nuts selling for $800-1100 on eBay at release. But that one not only popped back up several times - it was available for pre-order right up to like 3-4 weeks out from release when it finally sold out. It even popped up AFTER release a few times for purchase, so this one is definitely an outlier. There's not even many units selling on eBay from what I've seen, so perhaps it is really limited.

Local Best Buy didn't get enough copies to fulfill my RE2 deluxe order (or they screwed up and sold it). Was able to switch it to shipping, but won't arrive til Tuesday now  :cry:

For those getting the RE 2 CE, you should get around 10k PUR points depending on your level since they’re doing double points this weekend. That’s a $10 off cert (better rate than Best Buy.) :)

Speaking of returns, I gotta return a wrong game they sent me but can’t do that in stores apparently. Can’t exchange it for another game either I think. Only option is to ship it back. Pain in the ass

For those getting the RE 2 CE, you should get around 10k PUR points depending on your level since they’re doing double points this weekend. That’s a $10 off cert (better rate than Best Buy.) :)
My Elite Pro expired on 1/23. Right before KH3 PS4 Pro and RE2 CE *sigh*

I just got one a couple hours ago and I ordered within minutes of it being put up. Really ridiculous. I passed up chances of other orders specifically because I had this one. Complete middle finger to wait 3 days before it's released to cancel.

I just got one a couple hours ago and I ordered within minutes of it being put up. Really ridiculous. I passed up chances of other orders specifically because I had this one. Complete middle finger to wait 3 days before it's released to cancel.
I'm wondering if they just cancelled x,xxx number of orders at random or something ridiculous instead of going by timestamp.

So far the latest timestamp order that I saw survived was 8:46 am cst.
Which would have been about 35 minutes after the listing went live I think. Though Jhingles was saying he had ordered in the first few minutes, which is why I'm really surprised his was cancelled.

Which would have been about 35 minutes after the listing went live I think. Though Jhingles was saying he had ordered in the first few minutes, which is why I'm really surprised his was cancelled.
I'm actually wondering when Jhingles timestamp is, alot of time people think they got their order in right after it went live but in reality its been live alot longer than they realized. I remember when Bestbuy oversold the Majoras Mask 3ds and canceled the later orders. Most here claimed they ordered shortly after it went live but when they posted their timestamp, it was nowhere near when it first went live.

Have you tried to orden from Amazon Japan?

Anyone else have cancelation email? Mine still says processing...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Employees have no clue you could walk into 10 different stores and get 20 different answers why it got canceled.
True but from what I have been seeing on social media lots of people have said that instore orders haven't been canceled.

edit: Also makes some sense because instore ship to home orders are paid in full.

Last edited by a moderator:
True but from what I have been seeing on social media lots of people have said that instore orders haven't been canceled.

edit: Also makes some sense because instore ship to home orders are paid in full.
Unfortunately I know someone whose WIS order got canceled this morning as well, so those are confirmed not safe.

Also with how busted their website is, it's certainly possible that my version of 'just listed' is different from someone else's. I remember getting the order confirmation like 3 hours after I made it so that was probably a bad sign. Seriously screw these guys.

I receive email confirmation on Dec 14, 2018, 9:00 Am those who got they order cancelled, when do make or received the confirmation email?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SB] The Division 2 - [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CE] The World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CC] Kingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CE] Generation Zero: [Amazon]
The Sekiro steelbook in EB Games is different from the Gamestop CE.

2q1cvg4.jpg
That’s so sexy. I like the bracelet but I think I like the GameStop exclusive steelbook more. Great simple collectors edition. Other developers need to learn from them

Do you guys think kingdom heart 3 special edition is actually goinbg to be rare or will be available down the line? I want the steelbook
With it being Kingdom Heart me personally I don’t think it will be as I got some of the limited edition next to nothing. Also with it being popular I can see them remaking this for quite awhile.

Did anyone get the RE2 CE yet? What's the verdict, worth it or not?
No but I received my re2 steelbook from bestbuy. Huge in-store pickup sticker on the front. Nice big crease/dent. Asked for a replacement and they handed me one with a few scratches on the back. Kinda bummed

I pre-ordered RE2 at Best buy and wasn't given a steel book. They said they ran out. Does anyone have advice on how to get one? I remember their Twitter support used to be really friendly.

Someone on the bestbuy steebook post said he got the CE and was surprised at how nice the statue turned out.
Waiting on mine but saw a CAG or two that said the statue and art book are pretty amazing and that the box is cool and they felt it was well worth the price tag.
Alright, fingers crossed then... good to hear it might be decent quality. I never actaually beaten RE2 but I used love watch my older brother and his friend play through RE1 and RE2 back in the day (I was too chicken/not good with tank controls)... hoping to finally beat the game.

Waiting on mine but saw a CAG or two that said the statue and art book are pretty amazing and that the box is cool and they felt it was well worth the price tag.
Other than having them check other local stores, not sure. You could buy one from amazon.de

I pre-ordered RE2 at Best buy and wasn't given a steel book. They said they ran out. Does anyone have advice on how to get one? I remember their Twitter support used to be really friendly.
Nope, they're gone. Ebay is the only option at this point depending how badly you want one.

It looks like the RE2 CE for PS4 has been completely delisted from the Gamestop website.  So glad I jumped on this one, I'm sure there's been others but I think the only Gamestop exclusive CE that never sold well and got massively discounted was the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back