* * * * - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#631 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

I doubt it's the reason, but this is the first item where a RedCard discount and free shipping was not applied for me.

I got free shipping to work today (did not work yesterday). I should really get a redcard, but I froze my credit and I don't feel like figuring out how to unfreeze it.

#632 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:58 PM

I got free shipping to work today (did not work yesterday). I should really get a redcard, but I froze my credit and I don't feel like figuring out how to unfreeze it.

Credit freezes fall off after 90 or 180 days.... so unless you've done it recently you should be able to apply.

#633 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

Credit freezes fall off after 90 or 180 days.... so unless you've done it recently you should be able to apply.

Actually, this is incorrect.  The whole idea of a credit freeze is that nobody can apply for credit using your identity (including you) unless you notify the three credit bureaus.

#634 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

Actually, this is incorrect.  The whole idea of a credit freeze is that nobody can apply for credit using your identity (including you) unless you notify the three credit bureaus.

That is also not totally accurate, and I work for one of the three credit bureaus ;-)

#635 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Idk man. I froze them in September 2017. I applied for a credit card 15 months later (I forgot), and I was asked to remove the freeze because they couldn't pull my credit.

#636 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

That is also not totally accurate, and I work for one of the three credit bureaus ;-)

Please, explain how it's inaccurate then.  

#637 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:26 AM

SO the front page has reported the Fire Emblems CE coming back in stock at BBY at least 3 times now, just for ti to appear to instantly sell out again.  Has anyone been able to grab one from these restocks??

#638 Jurai  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:51 AM

if you're a Vita collector you might want to get in on this

#639 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

Left Alive is pretty close to release and second guessing the Mech Edition.  It's not super pricey compared to other SE games, but it's still a lot to gamble on a new IP.

#640 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

Holy crap...

Just looked at the Left Alive gameplay...that game looks like complete ass. Literally looks like a "remaster" of a ps2 game.

Yea, don't get the CE of that.

#641 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

I'm all in on the left alive mech edition and I know I'm in the minority because its limited to 3000 and hasn't sold out. I'll admit it's not a smart gamble and everyone's concerns are understandable. I've seen the graphics and gameplay and it does look a bit dated but it still appeals to me, then again I thought darksiders 3 was awesome but it received poor reviews.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#642 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

I'm all in on the left alive mech edition and I know I'm in the minority because its limited to 3000 and hasn't sold out. I'll admit it's not a smart gamble and everyone's concerns are understandable. I've seen the graphics and gameplay and it does look a bit dated but it still appeals to me, then again I thought darksiders 3 was awesome but it received poor reviews.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm enjoyed Crackdown 3 a lot despite reviews, but Left Alive is looking pretty janky.  It does not seem like something I even want to play the more I look at it.  It's already shipped, so I can't cancel it now.  Maybe I'll let it return to sender for the refund.

#643 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

I bought a Metro Aurora Edition and found the weird tin holding everything pretty cool. Should I play the others first? Have Last Light in backlog but didn't know if backstory mattered.

Also it appears MK11 premium is getting a genuine steelbook. Saw it on a GS banner but couldn't tell if it's a GS exclusive. Anyone know if an SB is now with all premiums and not a store exclusive?

#644 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

So I see a listing for Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Collector's Edition on Amazon. I tought it was gamestop only??

I dont think I can post links.

#645 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

So I see a listing for Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Collector's Edition on Amazon. I tought it was gamestop only??

It shows not available. I might just be a listing for scalpers.

#646 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4385 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

It doesn't look like a scalper listing, it allows you to click over to CE from the standard. I think Amazon may be getting themselves some of these CEs. Somehow. If they are, cancelling my Gamestop order ASAP.

#647 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:48 PM

It doesn't look like a scalper listing, it allows you to click over to CE from the standard. I think Amazon may be getting themselves some of these CEs. Somehow. If they are, cancelling my Gamestop order ASAP.

But the letter opener...

#648 Trakan  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

Please keep trade requests in the trading forum.  Thanks.

#649 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

But the letter opener...

how much does GS charge if you keep the preorder bonus? thinking about putting down a PO just for the letter opener

Edit: also wow a mod, they're actually still around lol

#650 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

Still not sure why I can't post pictures... (Maybe I need a lesson on how to post pix - I've done it in the past)

https://store.skybou...lectors-edition

#651 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14298 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

Still not sure why I can't post pictures... (Maybe I need a lesson on how to post pix - I've done it in the past)

https://store.skybou...lectors-edition

I just drag n' drop pictures into the text box. I'm assuming this is what you were trying to post?

tttwd-collector-pack-ps4_1500x1500.jpg?v

#652 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37099 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

It's a PEGI listing, so UK only. The ESRB listing for the game has no Collector's Edition option.

#653 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

how much does GS charge if you keep the preorder bonus? thinking about putting down a PO just for the letter opener

Edit: also wow a mod, they're actually still around lol

They don’t charge you for it they’re not like bestbuy

#654 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

Best Buy doesn't make you pay for pre-order bonuses lol

#655 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

Best Buy doesn't make you pay for pre-order bonuses lol

I think they mean if you return the game and want to keep the preorder bonus only.

#656 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up

but also, you are getting an item in exchange for good faith that you are going to keep your purchase if given a free item as an incentive. it's not like they're doing something shady and unjustified.

#657 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:48 PM

I think they mean if you return the game and want to keep the preorder bonus only.

Yea

They won't charge you for the pre-order bonus.  I've gotten items for free and so have friends when they returned the games associate to them.

#658 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Hey guys, wanted to ask if anyone ever imported from Game.UK, what do you use for the phone number since it is a requirement. Thanks.

#659 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4884 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

Hey guys, wanted to ask if anyone ever imported from Game.UK, what do you use for the phone number since it is a requirement. Thanks.

They have a lot of problems. Transactions will fail for no reason. Their customer service is among the worst I've ever experienced (and do not take that statement as hyperbole; it literally took me several months to get a promised postage refund). They will ship things internationally in padded envelopes. They will send you opened games with a big ass sticker on them that they have listed as 'new'.

If you still wish to enter those murky waters, just google a UK business and use their phone number. 

#660 dualrec  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

Still waiting to see what the Division 2 steelbook looks like in the gold edition...