* * * * - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#1051 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6172 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:40 PM

No copies within 250 miles of STL, but available on the website. GS is sold out.

Quite a few stores in California have copies and as you said, it's available to ship on Bestbuy.com and on Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com.  Maximum Games don't exactly get broad distribution in general beyond the usual online retailers, so I don't know that this particular game is an outlier in that respect.  

#1052 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2299 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:09 PM

They recently refreshed. Initial stock just vanished everywhere mostly right away. Assuming they printed more.

They only sent 1-2 copies so it won't always show as available even if a store does have it.

#1053 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14384 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:26 PM

Quite a few stores in California have copies and as you said, it's available to ship on Bestbuy.com and on Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com. Maximum Games don't exactly get broad distribution in general beyond the usual online retailers, so I don't know that this particular game is an outlier in that respect.

Didn’t know Walmart & Target websites carried it. Was wondering if this would become the new Ys VIII & be worth more than MSRP when it goes out of print.

#1054 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:11 AM

AI The Somnium Files Limited Edition is up for preorder at Target, msrp is $90 and qualify for B1G1 50% promo this week.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1055 Jurai  

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:16 PM

Didn’t know Walmart & Target websites carried it. Was wondering if this would become the new Ys VIII & be worth more than MSRP when it goes out of print.

I bought 200 copies to lock away and live off of later

#1056 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22580 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:41 PM

Well that sucks.. I was putting off buying Ys VIII because I got pretty much every Xseed game on sale/discount but looks like that wasn't there case here. I figured that, especially since this got a NS release, I could still grab the PS4 version for cheap. 

#1057 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:45 PM

Why was power armor edition of fallout 76 on sale for $60 at target lol

#1058 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:01 PM

Actually $50, but if I remember correctly, they only had 1 left last week.

#1059 Jurai  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:38 AM

Shelf space

#1060 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

Is Outward any good?

#1061 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:52 PM

i think id like outward, not sure if i wanna pay $40 for it tho

from what im seeing it got a morrowind survivalist game look to it. 

#1062 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:06 PM

Is Outward any good?

I beat the game. Well, one of the three playthrough options/routes you get. I'd say it's fully worth $40 to support the dev. It can be a little brutal at first and you will die a decent amount the first fw hours you play. But it was also quite refreshing to play a game that just let you explore. The magic system is really rewarding as well. There are no levels in the game so you become stronger solely from the gear you find/create both armor and weapon wise, or from the items you learn to craft.

Was definitely worth a purchase for me, I plan to go back and restart it soon and play through another of the 2 remaining storyline options.

#1063 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

I beat the game. Well, one of the three playthrough options/routes you get. I'd say it's fully worth $40 to support the dev. It can be a little brutal at first and you will die a decent amount the first fw hours you play. But it was also quite refreshing to play a game that just let you explore. The magic system is really rewarding as well. There are no levels in the game so you become stronger solely from the gear you find/create both armor and weapon wise, or from the items you learn to craft.

Was definitely worth a purchase for me, I plan to go back and restart it soon and play through another of the 2 remaining storyline options.

Is crafting a main part of the game? I have never enjoyed having to farm materials and craft things, I always find it tedious to me. Even though I beat skyrim like 3 or 4 times I never crafted anything because it's never been fun to me.

#1064 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

Is crafting a main part of the game? I have never enjoyed having to farm materials and craft things, I always find it tedious to me. Even though I beat skyrim like 3 or 4 times I never crafted anything because it's never been fun to me.

Only to the point that you want to focus on it. For me, crafting was simply looking up a recipe or two online for weapons primarily and then creating it. Most of them are very simple though where you need for instance 2x an item that drops every time you kill a mob of xxx and then a piece of linen cloth and another item which is everywhere.

Food wise you COULD go crazy and craft as much as you want, I stuck to just creating jerky for mostly the entire game which is just 2 salts and 2 pieces of meat and that creates 5 jerky to use in battle. I am not one to scavenge and scrounge for things for crafting either and I still enjoyed it. Most of the good gear I found was in bandit camps or dungeons I found around the world.

#1065 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2965 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

Looks like Days Gone CE is only store pickup now at Best Buy.  I am sure there will be some available for order online when it drops.  Then again, maybe not. Might be another god of War Stone Mason Edition type situation.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6321364

#1066 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:18 PM

Looks like Days Gone CE is only store pickup now at Best Buy.  I am sure there will be some available for order online when it drops.  Then again, maybe not. Might be another god of War Stone Mason Edition type situation.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6321364

I'm really trying to decide if I should keep my pre-order on this or not. Like all indications seems to be they made plenty of these. The game looks nice, I'm more of a sucker for the Statue/Steelbook than anything but statue quality on games is so hit or miss and can be from amazing (GoW, DS 3) to just utter trash.

#1067 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

They only sent 1-2 copies so it won't always show as available even if a store does have it.

The site actually states either 1 or 2 copies available for the stores in my area that have it.  That started somewhat recently.  It used to just say there were a "few" left, but now if there are 3 or less it will state the exact quantity.  

#1068 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:31 AM

AC Odyssey Gold Ed is $46.20 over at Ubi Store. You can get another 20% discount for redeeming 100 uPlay coins (one redemption per account).

#1069 dualrec  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:36 AM

Damn.  Do I really want to keep my Rage 2 CE preorder just cause I want that steelbook?....    Singing head thing is lame...

#1070 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

Damn. Do I really want to keep my Rage 2 CE preorder just cause I want that steelbook?.... Singing head thing is lame...

Just grab the one from amazon.de

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#1071 notung   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

AC Odyssey Gold Ed is $46.20 over at Ubi Store. You can get another 20% discount for redeeming 100 uPlay coins (one redemption per account).

Never ordered from Ubi Store. Would the steelbook be shipped in a box or bubble mailer? How is customer service (if the steelbook is shipped in the latter and arrives damaged)?

#1072 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

Never ordered from Ubi Store. Would the steelbook be shipped in a box or bubble mailer? How is customer service (if the steelbook is shipped in the latter and arrives damaged)?

Box with air bubble (at least thats how they sent my The Crew 2 Gold Ed). CS response time is slow but should get response within a week.

#1073 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:15 AM

Rage 2 ce Xbox out of stock on bestbuy. And amazon. Still good to go on gs

More videos of the game out today, it’s looking cool

#1074 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:33 AM

Just saw an unboxing for MK11 kollectors and I've changed my mind. Gamestop is not allowing a cancellation even though it hasn't shipped. Do I just return it in store or send it back?

#1075 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:52 AM

I seen pics of the mask it looked nice mk11

#1076 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:33 AM

Just saw an unboxing for MK11 kollectors and I've changed my mind. Gamestop is not allowing a cancellation even though it hasn't shipped. Do I just return it in store or send it back?

Either one works fine, but I'd probably call CS to avoid shipping charges if they required them on this CE like they have on others.

#1077 Cloudx9  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:36 AM

I seen pics of the mask it looked nice mk11

Pretty torn on whether I want to keep it or return it, It looks pretty nice in the video but disappointed that they confirmed its made out of cheap plastic for $200. I will say that only 20K made is pretty rare for the MK CE though, For the last Mortal Kombat there was 70K made of just the European Kollectors Edition and that one actually ended up being pretty rare in the long run, then you have god knows how many of the Coarse MK X CE's made here in North America. 

#1078 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4474 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:32 AM

Pretty torn on whether I want to keep it or return it, It looks pretty nice in the video but disappointed that they confirmed its made out of cheap plastic for $200. I will say that only 20K made is pretty rare for the MK CE though, For the last Mortal Kombat there was 70K made of just the European Kollectors Edition and that one actually ended up being pretty rare in the long run, then you have god knows how many of the Coarse MK X CE's made here in North America. 

The 20k number though is arbitrary since it seems many went out for free to 'influencers'.

#1079 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:45 AM

The 20k number though is arbitrary since it seems many went out for free to 'influencers'.

Didn't those also come with a numbered authenticity card too though?

#1080 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6172 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:46 AM

There's no way they sent out more than a few hundred promo copies total which isn't enough to move the needle on a total run of 20K.