* * * * - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#1321 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6195 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:02 PM

Dunno. Had no problems from my phone.

Yeah, it apparently worked on mobile for a few minutes.  It's sold out again though.

#1322 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1493 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:21 PM

Amazon was up but is now not available

#1323 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

Dam hope best buy will be in stock for more then a min.

#1324 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

When I try to check out says product not available for purchase. I think it's a glitch. I dont even know why I try to order from gamestop anymore.

I buy maybe 2 or 3 games a year from them and those are like sekiro ce because I wanted the sword bonus.

I save money by not shopping there. I wont even go in a store anymore.

#1325 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

I dont go in stores anymore ether. Tired of full price gutted games. And giant stickers all over everything. Would be nice to get collectables with them on there.

#1326 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:18 AM

People still play WoW? With all the constant nerf heavy handedness over the decades is there even anything left? I quit WoW after 3 years when they gutted Illumination back in Ulduar.

I've found FF XIV a far far superior experience, esp with the Ultimate fights, story and music quality, longer release and raid cycles with focus on quality over quantity and straight to the point savage raids, less frantic and less cramped weekly clear "todo" list that doesn't feel like a 2nd job because of too much content at once, relative lack of permanent missables. And longer term and less heavy handed tuning approach that doesnt just knee jerk overcompensate nerf hammer everything into the ground daily or weekly in response to class/job/role envy and haves vs have nots bickering on the internet, and just a general trend towards QoL game wide.  And most importantly the segregation of PVP and PVE that keeps the PVE experience 100% immunized against the nerf bat problem that plagues all other MMOs that combine PVP and PVE in the same base game and constantly screw over PVE min-maxers in the name of PVP fairness. That alone is some serious galaxy brain and I wish more games did that (cough The Division cough).

And the Final Fantasy community in general is far less selfish and toxic and more cooperative and pleasant to be around. Prob helps that you dont get grumpy burning out 7 days a week clearing 5 raids of 15 bosses each + hours of trash every week.  Pub PFs can be a meme at times but in the grand scheme of things it's not that bad by comparison. Always gonna be bad apples being elitist or bads looking for a 1 shot carry in any game.

Then again Japanese vs Western gaming culture so absolutely no surprises there.

#1327 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

There's not really a great place to ask this but - has ANYONE got their Rage 2 pre-order bonus from Best Buy? Like... the whole point of the damn bonus is it's stuff to help early game, here it's 48 hours after release and it seems like nothing is happening from their front. I saw them post on the BB forms Tuesday saying they expected all codes to go out Wednesday but still nothing.

Not to mention they ALSO botched the Plagues Tale: Innocent pre-order codes and 'ran out' so I don't have that either.

#1328 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

Bestbuy has been dropping the ball on pre order stuff for a while now.

#1329 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

World of warcraft 15th anniversary Collector's edition up for pre-order in store @ Gamestop. $25 deposit..

#1330 knothead65  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

There's not really a great place to ask this but - has ANYONE got their Rage 2 pre-order bonus from Best Buy? Like... the whole point of the damn bonus is it's stuff to help early game, here it's 48 hours after release and it seems like nothing is happening from their front. I saw them post on the BB forms Tuesday saying they expected all codes to go out Wednesday but still nothing.

Not to mention they ALSO botched the Plagues Tale: Innocent pre-order codes and 'ran out' so I don't have that either.

Just got my Rage 2 pre-order bonus email from best Buy, a few minutes ago.

#1331 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:26 PM

Just got my Rage 2 pre-order bonus email from best Buy, a few minutes ago.

I emailed them Monday through the forum because it was never put with my order and they sent me the codes Monday night because they knew it wasnt working on their system.  There is a forum you have to email a certain person with your order number and they get back to you within 24 hrs with your codes.

Sorry quoted wrong person fyi

#1332 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:18 PM

I never got my code, so I emailed them and got one within a couple hours.

Then I get a second one today out of the blue lol.

Also, I ended up returning the CE.  Figured I don't need all that extra bullshit and just got a vanilla copy.

#1333 NFLGameDay97   Surveying the Field CAG Veteran   114 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

NFLGameDay97

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for sharing this here!  Missed signed version but getting the other!

#1334 Tothoro  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:30 PM

Bestbuy has been dropping the ball on pre order stuff for a while now.

Pre-order or otherwise, I don't know that I've ever had an order from BestBuy arrive when it's supposed to. It's usually 1-2 business days late.

#1335 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:33 PM

Pre-order or otherwise, I don't know that I've ever had an order from BestBuy arrive when it's supposed to. It's usually 1-2 business days late.

Still better than GameStop's "2 day shipping" that arrives after a week and a half.

#1336 Tothoro  

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:49 PM

Still better than GameStop's "2 day shipping" that arrives after a week and a half.

Last time I bought from GameStop the game came with a crushed generic case in a cardboard/glue shipping sandwich, which still cost $5 of course. That was several years ago, and since then the only GS purchases I've made have been in-store (where I could verify condition and not have to worry about shipping cost).

A bit of a tangent here, but I personally I care less about getting things by a specific date and more about knowing what date things are supposed to come. The delivery services (USPS/UPS/FedEx/Amazon) in my area are all bad, and fixing their misdeliveries and lost packages has taken more of my time than I care to recall. If I don't know when to expect packages to begin with, that just compounds the issue. Guaranteed five day shipping would be better than "maybe 2 day" shipping.

#1337 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1417 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:58 PM

Probably because I'm elite plus, but I always get my pre-orders on release. They will over night them if they have too. Happened with Rage 2.

#1338 Tothoro  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:05 AM

Probably because I'm elite plus, but I always get my pre-orders on release. They will over night them if they have too. Happened with Rage 2.

I'm Elite Plus as well. I still have GCU and my wife and I bought a few appliances from BestBuy that have kept us in the qualifying spending range.

On more than one occasion they've "overnighted" something at like 9 PM from a few states away (which is too late for the carrier to reasonably deliver it in time). Support has been Play-Asia levels of atrocious for me, too on the few occasions I've bothered contacting them.

#1339 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1417 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

I'm Elite Plus as well. I still have GCU and my wife and I bought a few appliances from BestBuy that have kept us in the qualifying spending range.

On more than one occasion they've "overnighted" something at like 9 PM from a few states away (which is too late for the carrier to reasonably deliver it in time). Support has been Play-Asia levels of atrocious for me, too on the few occasions I've bothered contacting them.

Maybe there is a error in the shipping diagnostics to your address? Usually they ship ups ground 2 business days before launch. Never before. So they know how long it takes UPS to get to me.

#1340 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:57 AM

For me bestbuy is the best shipping. I cant remeber last time something wasent ship to me when I was supposed to get it. Hell I have had employees drive from a store near by and drop stuff off we have ordered.

#1341 Tothoro  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:11 AM

Maybe there is a error in the shipping diagnostics to your address? Usually they ship ups ground 2 business days before launch. Never before. So they know how long it takes UPS to get to me.

I don't even think it's that, their system just legitimately seems to forget to ship my stuff sometimes. This is an order I placed earlier in the week that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, still listed as "preparing" and it's past 10 PM my time:

3RnGHTS.png

#1342 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:28 AM

Maybe they meant Friday, May 17 2024

#1343 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:32 AM

I don't even think it's that, their system just legitimately seems to forget to ship my stuff sometimes. This is an order I placed earlier in the week that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, still listed as "preparing" and it's past 10 PM my time:

3RnGHTS.png

Sometime Bestbuy system won't update on the consumer end, happened to me a few times when stuff not shipping out despite delivery expect to be tomorrow. The status then magically update to "Delivered" the next day. Hit up with Bestbuy CS to see how things looking from their end.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1344 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:47 AM

Sometimes when things aren't moving its because they are trying to pick items from other stores to ship out. 

#1345 NFLGameDay97   Surveying the Field CAG Veteran   114 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

NFLGameDay97

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:52 AM

Dude Lmao, applause. 

#1346 Tothoro  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

At this rate I suppose so. I'll post back in five years when it gets delivered. 

Sometime Bestbuy system won't update on the consumer end, happened to me a few times when stuff not shipping out despite delivery expect to be tomorrow. The status then magically update to "Delivered" the next day. Hit up with Bestbuy CS to see how things looking from their end.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I got a "delayed" email this morning and the order now has no delivery date.  :roll: I'm not surprised, just disappointed (again).

Sometimes when things aren't moving its because they are trying to pick items from other stores to ship out. 

Which is fine, I get that logistics are challenging. However, I do wish their dates reflected that or was at least transparent enough to provide a range rather than assert a specific day. If it's going to take them  a week to deliver, I'd rather them just tell me that than string me along by missing dates and delaying the order.

#1347 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

The sad thing is, my backlog is so massive it pretty much doesn't matter if new stuff gets delivered on time. I barely play online multiplayer stuff anymore (maybe I'll pick that back up as my kids get older) and for single player, there's no need to play it immediately.

#1348 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12276 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is showing a free metal case offer now with purchase at Best Buy (Switch version only currently):

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6346504

Sigh...I guess my KIckstarter copy still comes with exclusive slip cover for nearly double the price.  Remind me to think long and hard about doing Kickstarters in the future.

#1349 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:39 PM

Oh ya, Kickstarter is scammy as shit, never doing that again. We were suppose to have our exclusive "Physical Collector's Editions" of Indivisible the beginning of 2018. Still nothing and they're now releasing standard editions physically at Amazon & everywhere else. They implied that by backing them the "physical CE" was essentially the only way to get a physical copy. Bunch of crooks.

#1350 elessar123  

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is showing a free metal case offer now with purchase at Best Buy (Switch version only currently):

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6346504

Sigh...I guess my KIckstarter copy still comes with exclusive slip cover for nearly double the price.  Remind me to think long and hard about doing Kickstarters in the future.

At least it wasn't like Mighty No. 9. Put your money to fund them? We'll reward you with no upgrade path to the better versions other people get before you.