* * * * - 8 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#1741 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:11 AM

Pre ordered Zelda links awakening limited edition from EB Games Australia!

#1742 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:25 AM

sigh....square just confirmed that the FF remake will only focus on Midgar and future episodes will have the rest of the game.

Apparently each future episode is going to have its own game (each will have 2 blu ray discs)

ugh...I know this was talked about years ago but this just upsets me.

Wait wtf? I never played FF7, and this remake isn’t even the full game / story? Ffs. Looks like I’ll never play the infamous FF7.

On a side not, hoping we’re able to order that Links Awakening Europe CE on amazon EU some how. Pre ordered the US version just in case.

#1743 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:05 AM

I'm keeping an eye on Link's Awakening in EU and Japan. I'll post if I see something. Please do the same if you see it first. Thanks

#1744 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

double post 

#1745 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

What’s your source for it just covering midgar?

Uh, just about every single website and publication out there... It came directly from SE's mouth.

#1746 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

Wait wtf? I never played FF7, and this remake isn’t even the full game / story? Ffs. Looks like I’ll never play the infamous FF7.

On a side not, hoping we’re able to order that Links Awakening Europe CE on amazon EU some how. Pre ordered the US version just in case.

Just buy a copy of the original... It's available through PSN and Steam...

#1747 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23383 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Pre ordered Zelda links awakening limited edition from EB Games Australia!

How? They don't ship internationally... unless you're using a drop shipper? 

#1748 Cloudx9  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

Here's my thought regarding the whole part 1 being only Midgar thing. While Midgar is only like first 10% of the original game, I highly doubt that means this will be episode 1 of 10 of the remake. I'm still guessing the entire remake will consist of 3 parts. With part 2 ending with that incident with Aerith (spoilers maybe lol). And part 3 for everything afterwards. The reason Midgar is so focused is because originally Square had a vision regarding an very expanded and detailed Midgar area but limitations to technology back then held them back on realizing this vision. Which is why they're so dead set on doing this now. There were tons of stuff that had to be cut or compressed in the original regarding Midgar. I think for the remainder of the game after Midgar, it'll probably be similar in scale as the original game. We'll see if this is how it turns out. Also when talk about breaking down into Episodes, Kitase said in interview comparing the episodic format to other trilogies like FF XIII and Xenosaga, being 3 separate full games in the same main story. Which is why I think they planned for 3 games also.

#1749 Cloudx9  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

Cv8V8ab_d.jpg

#1750 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

Uh, just about every single website and publication out there... It came directly from SE's mouth.

Square said they dont even know how many episodes its going to be.

https://www.destruct...be-557124.phtml

Cant say Im not interested in spending the money to keep buying episodes just to get the whole game. Im not exactly a ff7 super fan to begin with. So Ill either wait and see if it all gets put in one bundle eventually, or wait and buy them cheap off ebay or maybe Ill just skip it all together as I have more than I can play as it is. I defintely wont be buying day one versions each time, thats going to be a minimum of 120 bucks, but Id wager it will be in 3 parts.

#1751 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

I’ve never been but on turn based, so I was pumped for this version. Less so now. :(

Hopefully in 8 years they will have a collection with the full FF7 experience. I’ve already waited this long...

#1752 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Of course no steelbook for the U.S Zelda version. Easy pass.

#1753 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

NOA site only shows dreamer  (is it for illegal immigrant students??) and lists just game and book.  $10 more for just the book sounds right.  Glad I still have GCU.

91WpY8b6iHL.AC_SL1500_.jpg

Youre right, just the book. I didnt get my hopes up we would get the steelbook also for just 70 bucks. Im still getting it but kind of bummed no steelbook.

#1754 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

When the hell did the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Seasons of Warfare Edition go up for preorder? I totally missed it!

#1755 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11124 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

And the Xbox Store!

#1756 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:06 PM

When the hell did the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Seasons of Warfare Edition go up for preorder? I totally missed it!

Do you mean at Best Buy? Preorders were months ago. Then it was delisted. It was recently relisted, but has not actually been able to order.

#1757 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Back in February or so, when Nintendo did their last direct that wasn't pokemon centered.

#1758 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

https://gematsu.com/...unced-for-japan

Dragon Quest XI getting a special edition bundle with a special edition Switch, probably Japan only

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1759 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:25 PM

Do you mean at Best Buy? Preorders were months ago. Then it was delisted. It was recently relisted, but has not actually been able to order.

Damn, missed that one by a mile!

Also, it randomly got restocked at Best Buy and said it was available to preorder but was out of stock in about 10 seconds.

#1760 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

https://gematsu.com/...unced-for-japan

Dragon Quest XI getting a special edition bundle with a special edition Switch, probably Japan only

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Did amazon japan already sell out or has it always been third party sellers? I tried to buy last night or maybe early this morning and it told me can't ship to US on preorder; but at this point I don't recall if it was a third party seller.

#1761 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

Did amazon japan already sell out or has it always been third party sellers? I tried to buy last night or maybe early this morning and it told me can't ship to US on preorder; but at this point I don't recall if it was a third party seller.

Its there, just doesnt seem to ship to USA

#1762 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

Its there, just doesnt seem to ship to USA

I only see third party sellers. Are you seeing amazon JP as seller?

Third party sellers typically do not ship to USA, but I've had luck with Amazon shipping to US. Typically I have to wait a bit after the listing before it opens for USA shipping, for some reason. 

#1763 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

I only see third party sellers. Are you seeing amazon JP as seller?

Third party sellers typically do not ship to USA, but I've had luck with Amazon shipping to US. Typically I have to wait a bit after the listing before it opens for USA shipping, for some reason. 

You're right. I went back and both listings are from 3rd partys. Odd

#1764 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

My thing is, Midgar usually takes me between 3-4 hours in FFVII, certainly not more than 5. If THAT segment of the game has been expanded to fill two blu-ray disks and is all they have ready by 2020 - 5 years after the game was announced - how long will it be before the full thing is finally available? Could it really take 10 more years?

Square isn’t built for modern gaming. They’re a dinosaur. Their producers have proven time and time again they can’t ship products within reasonable timeframes and even then not even complete products. Once they can no longer milk their nostalgia franchises, they’ll also go the way of the dinosaurs.

#1765 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9028 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:56 PM

Yep, and they also devalue their games.   Everything from Square is ~$20-25 in just 3-4 months.   It always feels like you get terrible value for buying their new games.  It makes no sense to buy anything from them for retail price if you're not going to play it immediately. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $24.99 on Amazon right now for instance.  I bet some people are regretting their purchases. 

#1766 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Yep, and they also devalue their games. Everything from Square is ~$20-25 in just 3-4 months. It always feels like you get terrible value for buying their new games. It makes no sense to buy anything from them for retail price if you're not going to play it immediately.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $24.99 on Amazon right now for instance. I bet some people are regretting their purchases.

Dude I bought the KH3 LE for $80 at launch...it's been $40 recently during all these sales. FML, never again.

#1767 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

Dude I bought the KH3 LE for $80 at launch...it's been $40 recently during all these sales. FML, never again.

I bought the LE day one and decided to return it two days later. Extremely happy with my decision, as I had a feeling it wouldn't be at all rare.

#1768 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23383 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what  but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card. 

#1769 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what  but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card. 

Nowadays, yes

#1770 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6453 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

I actually think it was a slow year.  With all of the other game and pop culture shows, it seems like CEs are being spread out among them all.  In fact, the last couple of years there have been CEs announced at San Diego Comic Con which seems odd given that E3 is usually a month before.