* * * * - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#1771 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

I only see third party sellers. Are you seeing amazon JP as seller?

Third party sellers typically do not ship to USA, but I've had luck with Amazon shipping to US. Typically I have to wait a bit after the listing before it opens for USA shipping, for some reason. 

You're right. I went back and both listings are from 3rd partys. Odd

#1772 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   634 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

My thing is, Midgar usually takes me between 3-4 hours in FFVII, certainly not more than 5. If THAT segment of the game has been expanded to fill two blu-ray disks and is all they have ready by 2020 - 5 years after the game was announced - how long will it be before the full thing is finally available? Could it really take 10 more years?

Square isn’t built for modern gaming. They’re a dinosaur. Their producers have proven time and time again they can’t ship products within reasonable timeframes and even then not even complete products. Once they can no longer milk their nostalgia franchises, they’ll also go the way of the dinosaurs.

#1773 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8289 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:56 PM

Yep, and they also devalue their games.   Everything from Square is ~$20-25 in just 3-4 months.   It always feels like you get terrible value for buying their new games.  It makes no sense to buy anything from them for retail price if you're not going to play it immediately. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $24.99 on Amazon right now for instance.  I bet some people are regretting their purchases. 

#1774 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Yep, and they also devalue their games. Everything from Square is ~$20-25 in just 3-4 months. It always feels like you get terrible value for buying their new games. It makes no sense to buy anything from them for retail price if you're not going to play it immediately.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $24.99 on Amazon right now for instance. I bet some people are regretting their purchases.

Dude I bought the KH3 LE for $80 at launch...it's been $40 recently during all these sales. FML, never again.

#1775 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

Dude I bought the KH3 LE for $80 at launch...it's been $40 recently during all these sales. FML, never again.

I bought the LE day one and decided to return it two days later. Extremely happy with my decision, as I had a feeling it wouldn't be at all rare.

#1776 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22684 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what  but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card. 

#1777 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what  but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card. 

Nowadays, yes

#1778 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

I actually think it was a slow year.  With all of the other game and pop culture shows, it seems like CEs are being spread out among them all.  In fact, the last couple of years there have been CEs announced at San Diego Comic Con which seems odd given that E3 is usually a month before.

#1779 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

Whatre the best places to have EU accounts (shipping safety wise) and which sites carry the most things togther (to minimize shipments)? Need the Pokemon and Zelda EU special edditions :(

I usually go for an associated Amazon if I can since the prices aren't marked up

#1780 dualrec  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:10 PM

Only CE I must have is the Doom helmet :)

Suppressing my need for steelbooks on a bunch so far...

#1781 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card.

More reason why I didn't bother pre-ordering this year. Comic-Con is next month and I rather spend my money there. Also, I made the mistake pre-ordering CE only to not play them *stares at DOOM CE*...all the way through. Props to those that were able to pre-order all their games but if I could have just been able to pre-order at Best Buy with GCU AND not be hit with pre-authorized charges I would be happy.

#1782 Miker525  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

Not a bad E3. Pre-ordered the collectors edition of Death Stranding when it went up a week or two ago whenever that was (because that one I have to have), plus ordered the Deluxe edition of FFVII. That one might stay in stock long after it launches but I'd rather guarentee that I get one. Plus that's a game I'm really excited for, though I don't know how the hell they've stretched Midgar to 2 bdroms.

Also ordered Cyberpunk but not the CE. I know CDPR collectors editions tend to be rare, but it's super pricey and I can get a steelbook just for a basic pre order at BB so thats the move.

Not bad. Not too much, but enough for me to be satisfied

#1783 syndragore  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:41 PM

So far all I have on PO is the Death Stranding LE, FFVII LE, and D2 Shadowkeep CE. Just planning on getting the standard editions for everything else I'm interested in. These days I feel like I just have too much junk and as a result I think the days of me getting big ticket CEs are pretty much over, just steelbook LEs for games I want that offer it and that's pretty much it unless it's one of the few series I really love. 

#1784 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:00 PM

So far all I have on PO is the Death Stranding LE, FFVII LE, and D2 Shadowkeep CE. Just planning on getting the standard editions for everything else I'm interested in. These days I feel like I just have too much junk and as a result I think the days of me getting big ticket CEs are pretty much over, just steelbook LEs for games I want that offer it and that's pretty much it unless it's one of the few series I really love. 

Have you seen this anywhere other than the Bungie Store?  Or have you seen Bungie say that it will be an exclusive?

Edit:  Never mind, it says "BUNGIE STORE EXCLUSIVE" on the store's front page.

#1785 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2169 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

CEs have just gotten kinda too much for me. When they first started appearing ~10 years ago I would buy almost all of them because I was a sucker for 'collectors' or 'rare' stuff. Nowadays I dont buy almost any except the true games I am really looking forward to, and even then I usually pass on expensive, large ones.

Only one I ever regret not buying was Last of Us Post Pandemic, which at the time I thought was a ridiculously high price. 

#1786 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5410 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:25 PM

91WpY8b6iHL.AC_SL1500_.jpg

Youre right, just the book. I didnt get my hopes up we would get the steelbook also for just 70 bucks. Im still getting it but kind of bummed no steelbook.

There is always Best Buy 7 months after the game comes out.  Don't give up hope just yet!!

#1787 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card.

1K might only be three CEs given the rise in prices.

#1788 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:47 PM

Pre-orders I have open are:

Monster Hunter Steelbook - Gamestop
Borderlands 3 CE - Gamestop
Death Stranding Special Edition - Gamestop
Biomutant CE - Amazon
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Wolves Collector's Edition - Ubisoft Store
Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition - Best Buy

Pre-orders I've not done yet but looking at

Control Premium Edition
Watchdogs 3 CE  (The Skull steelbook is the only good looking one)
Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition  (Kinda want to wait out the post launch steelbook)
Final Fantasy VII Premium Edition (No $250 for me thanks)

It feels like more than that.

#1789 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:50 PM

Only have 3 CE locked in: Death Stranding, Cyberpunk and FF7R. Couldn't pull the trigger on any of the Ubisoft one since those will go on sale and I think 3 months is the time needed for it to be usable with the 20% coupon.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1790 Vegito1338  

Vegito1338

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:14 AM

What’s the control premium edition? I searched a lot of stores and googled it. Can’t find anything.

#1791 Tothoro  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:19 AM

What’s the control premium edition? I searched a lot of stores and googled it. Can’t find anything.

It's BestBuy exclusive: https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6345508

#1792 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:48 AM

I wish Amazon uk would put up the preorder for the zelda le already

#1793 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22684 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:56 AM

I wish Amazon uk would put up the preorder for the zelda le already

Don't worry, it'll go up when we're asleep and sell out 2 minutes before we decide to check CAG tomorrow morning. 

#1794 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:58 AM

Don't worry, it'll go up when we're asleep and sell out 2 minutes before we decide to check CAG tomorrow morning.

That is true lol or hope best buy gets an exclusive steelbook

#1795 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:01 AM

You mean you're not sacrificing all your sleep for DEALS?? What kind of CAG are you?

#1796 knothead65  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

Anyone else on here buy the Fallout 76 CE? I got a ups email for a 1 lb. Package coming from TECHNICOLOR HES SE LLC.

I did a twitter search for that company and found a few others that think it may be the canvas bag. I haven't ordered anything that is releasing this month.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

#1797 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

Anyone else on here buy the Fallout 76 CE? I got a ups email for a 1 lb. Package coming from TECHNICOLOR HES SE LLC.

I did a twitter search for that company and found a few others that think it may be the canvas bag. I haven't ordered anything that is releasing this month.

I got the same email and bought the CE, so it may be.

#1798 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

CEs have just gotten kinda too much for me. When they first started appearing ~10 years ago I would buy almost all of them because I was a sucker for 'collectors' or 'rare' stuff. Nowadays I dont buy almost any except the true games I am really looking forward to, and even then I usually pass on expensive, large ones.

Only one I ever regret not buying was Last of Us Post Pandemic, which at the time I thought was a ridiculously high price. 

10 years ago? How old are you? Collector's edition have been around for WAY longer than that.

Have they become more prominent over the past decade? Yes.

#1799 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Never got around to submitting for the newer bag

#1800 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

Link's Awakening CE per Wario. Looks like it only ships to the UK.

https://www.shopto.n...imited-p113365/