* * * * - 8 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#1801 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23376 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:22 PM

It appears to have USA shipping available now based on replies. Site is getting slammed.

I used ShopTo ages ago and they shipped to the US before so that's good, but I can't even add the game to my cart... 

I got an order in but holy shit, $125... they charge VAT and shipping is 18GBP. 

#1802 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

Yes I have been watching this link for two days.  2am a couple nights ago it wasn't there yet, then several hours later at 9:30am it was 'not available'.  I don't believe that it ever went live.  It's the only amazon site that I've even found an 'unavailable' listing on so far. 

guy in wario's comments says he was able to order this morning

#1803 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

Yes I have been watching this link for two days. 2am a couple nights ago it wasn't there yet, then several hours later at 9:30am it was 'not available'. I don't believe that it ever went live. It's the only amazon site that I've even found an 'unavailable' listing on so far.

It just popped back in stock, but then goes out right away. Got an order in for about 90 Euros with shipping, so about $100 USD.

#1804 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:36 PM

As soon as I login the website stops working. Cleared cookies, changed browsers. Same deal.

#1805 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:38 PM

shopto def works but site is slammed, the item page went 404 for a lil bit

#1806 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

It appears to have USA shipping available now based on replies. Site is getting slammed.

I have it in my cart but I'm not seeing an option for US shipping. Do we need to go further into processing for that to appear?

#1807 c.gibbits   Back to the roots. CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

c.gibbits

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

$124 for shipping, god i hope they protect it during transit

#1808 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

I got an Amazon.it order in  just now

#1809 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

I have it in my cart but I'm not seeing an option for US shipping. Do we need to go further into processing for that to appear?

if you do the actual checkout and put in your US address it will let you checkout fine and charge you international shipping

#1810 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

18 pounds for US shipping to California. For some reason they are still trying to charge me VAT, which would make the total like $150. Hmm

#1811 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

Wasn't going to try being on my phone, but decided to try because watching a raid rebuild was getting boring.

Shopto went through with zero issues for me. Yay!

#1812 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

18 pounds for US shipping to California. For some reason they are still trying to charge me VAT, which would make the total like $150. Hmm

mine showed VAT but didnt appear to be charging it at shopto, total USD showed $120 or so. They have a pay later thing, do that and ask them to remove VAT if it's still there I guess, since you aren't supposed to pay it

#1813 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:57 PM

Holy lord $125 is hefty for this. Watching Amazon like a hawk now but still says sold out.

#1814 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23376 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:57 PM

VAT is in the price of the item. So it's 80 GBP, which includes 16.xx GBP for VAT. 

#1815 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

I'll just wait for Best Buy to get the steelbook six months after the game comes out.

#1816 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:07 PM

Astral Chain LE is available on shopto as well

#1817 c.gibbits   Back to the roots. CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

c.gibbits

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

Astral Chain LE is available on shopto as well

Is this getting a US release or just internaional?

#1818 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

I got Amazon.it into shopping cart and checkout but then sold out after place order :(

#1819 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23376 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

You'd think by now, these retailers would find a way around these high demand CEs that result in people continuously refreshing waiting for the item to be listed, trying to find it, add to cart, and check-out. 

Sure it might drive traffic to your site but it's causing more problems than benefits as those people aren't gonna buy something else just because they're at your website (vs a retail store where they might as they already made the drive/walk) and it's slowing/shutting down the site for customers who actually want to buy shit. 

#1820 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Is this getting a US release or just internaional?

I don’t know. I haven’t seen anything about a US release yet though.

#1821 Jurai  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

You'd think by now, these retailers would find a way around these high demand CEs that result in people continuously refreshing waiting for the item to be listed, trying to find it, add to cart, and check-out. 

Sure it might drive traffic to your site but it's causing more problems than benefits as those people aren't gonna buy something else just because they're at your website (vs a retail store where they might as they already made the drive/walk) and it's slowing/shutting down the site for customers who actually want to buy shit.

My other is that I have lost trust in having an order even securing my order, I end up ordering at multiple places just to make sure I don't get randomly cancelled at one and left sol before launch

#1822 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

My other is that I have lost trust in having an order even securing my order, I end up ordering at multiple places just to make sure I don't get randomly cancelled at one and left sol before launch

Yeah I do this to the point of overkill. If I want a CE to be excellent condition then I'll preorder like 3 copies from different retailers with at least one for store pickup. It's annoying for those that want to be slow with their preorders, but I don't mind getting 4 notifications that my BBY order is ready for pickup when I already received a pristine copy in the mail.

Preordering multiples from Europe can be a bit more trouble....

#1823 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

This ^^ getting hard to rely on any one site to not cancel at last minute no one seems to be reliable go to anymore.

#1824 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

This ^^ getting hard to rely on any one site to not cancel at last minute no one seems to be reliable go to anymore.

In for 9 fucking thousand

Steelbook of lyfe

If you haven’t ordered one hit yourself in the face with an old 2 by 4

:beer:

#1825 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

You don’t seem like you have a technology background, but what would you suggest they do? Ban IPs so people can’t refresh their site? All e-commerce retailers employ some counter-measures against robot/script traffic, but people manually doing it from their browsers are real people so they wouldn’t try to block them via CAPTCHAs and other throttling measures. As for limiting re-sale, just about every site has quantity limits now.

#1826 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23376 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

You don’t seem like you have a technology background, but what would you suggest they do? Ban IPs so people can’t refresh their site? All e-commerce retailers employ some counter-measures against robot/script traffic, but people manually doing it from their browsers are real people so they wouldn’t try to block them via CAPTCHAs and other throttling measures. As for limiting re-sale, just about every site has quantity limits now.

You're right, I don't and I don't really care about this enough to have a detailed discussion about it since it benefits me in a very menial way but... just of the top of my head: they can figure out what people are searching for, can't they? If they're getting a lot of queries for something similar over and over again from either one or multiple people, then start showing a message: "We see you're searching for "Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Limited Edition"! We don't anticipating listing that today so Fuck off". 

Helps both parties- me not wasting my time searching, them not having their site slow down. 

#1827 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

astral chain collectors edition is showing in stock on amazon.it but its not letting me check out/ https://www.amazon.i.../dp/B07SVHPVBP/

now its OOS but the site never let me get an order in to begin with

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

Does anyone know if the Fire Emblem special edition will still come with its original case? I know it includes the steelbook, but I don't see the original case explicitly listed, but I can't think of a single Switch CE that didn't come with it.

#1829 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

Cant wait to see the giant PEGI/USK logo ruin the Zelda box and forever brand and taint it as IMPORT.

#1830 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

Cant wait to see the giant PEGI/USK logo ruin the Zelda box and forever brand and taint it as IMPORT.

Haters always gonna hate