* * * * - 4 votes

Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale (7/26-7/27, Early Access 7/25)

#61 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:59 AM

Picked up Dragon Marked for Death, the main reason why I was excited for this sale...but wondering if I won't get it now, since they took it off their website. Eek. 

#62 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:59 AM

I'm going with nope lol

#63 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:01 AM

No GCU, coooool!

#64 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:02 AM

i held off on buying a flash drive for playstation classic because i heard some of the larger size 3.0 drives had issues. anyone recommend a good drive for the classic from best buy or amazon? i don't plan on doing otg at the moment so just a good solid drive for the easy method would be fine

#65 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2016 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:07 AM

I go to look up Dragon Marked For Death to see what kind of game it is or if I really want physical over digital and the thing sells out so hard it's completely gone from their site. Guess they made the decision for me.

^ Same here, Dragon Mark of Death was removed from my cart on checkout. Probably for the best, I'm sure it will drop that low again before the end of the year. 

It's not even on their site anymore. I doubt it.

#66 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:09 AM

They took it down, probably to fix some glitch we missed. Even if it's gone forever on best buy, it's drop to $20 at Gamestop or somewhere.

#67 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2016 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:13 AM

I'm still waiting for Disgaea 5 Complete for Switch to drop back down to $15 again. Good luck to you.

#68 UsualNoise  

UsualNoise

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:16 AM

I never thought I'd live to see a sale on Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. It gets old constantly seeing other Mario titles like Super Mario Odyssey and Waluigi's Taco Stand on sale instead, so this is truly refreshing.

Nice.

#69 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:27 AM

forza horizon 4 ended up being on sale for $29.99 instead of $19.99

#70 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:39 AM

Havent really been tracking it but has RDR2 been lower than $34.99?

#71 Bwahhh  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:55 AM

Holy Fuck Best Buy is quickly going downhill, it’ll only get worse with their new CEO

#72 Dragonaxe3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Dragonaxe3

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:20 AM

i held off on buying a flash drive for playstation classic because i heard some of the larger size 3.0 drives had issues. anyone recommend a good drive for the classic from best buy or amazon? i don't plan on doing otg at the moment so just a good solid drive for the easy method would be fine

The issue isn't that they're big, it's that they're 3.0. The PSC has resistors to limit the power the usb slot can use. You can either get a cheap 2.0. Normally not above 64 gb, short out the resistors, do the otg (but this one and the resistors require you to change the physicality of the machine or the kernel), buy an adapter that will power the usb instead, or do what I did, and use an extra or buy a new external hard drive that has its own power outlet.

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-4

A good cheap usb that has reviews saying it worked for their classic.

#73 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:01 AM

The issue isn't that they're big, it's that they're 3.0. The PSC has resistors to limit the power the usb slot can use. You can either get a cheap 2.0. Normally not above 64 gb, short out the resistors, do the otg (but this one and the resistors require you to change the physicality of the machine or the kernel), buy an adapter that will power the usb instead, or do what I did, and use an extra or buy a new external hard drive that has its own power outlet.

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-4

A good cheap usb that has reviews saying it worked for their classic.

I used that exact flash drive on my PSC and it worked great. 

#74 Taijipanda  

Taijipanda

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:05 AM

I used that exact flash drive on my PSC and it worked great. 

I've been informed that these work as well, though I haven't had a chance to confirm it for myself.

https://www.target.c...-0/-/A-14396471

Off topic, but it seems that the steelbooks are being included with the Ritual of the Night purchases. If you had missed out and had planned to purchase it anyways, it might be worthwhile to grab it now.

#75 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:28 AM

Havent really been tracking it but has RDR2 been lower than $34.99?

I think it was 30 bucks just a few weeks ago at BB

#76 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:56 AM

Picked up Hellblade for in-store pickup. The lack of GCU working kinda stings, as mine expires next week. Would have bought some more just to experience the thrill one last time, but alas.

#77 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

Ugh. I got dragon marked for death during the most recent b2g1 sale at GameStop when it was $45, and now I'm having regret about not maximizing my savings...

Otherwise, there's a couple of $20 switch games that caught my eye, but not much else

Looks like they only have digital copies for $14.99. I was going to buy it, but I want it physical. 

I went ahead and ordered Darksiders on Switch but nothing else really for me here. 

#78 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2803 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

Holy Fuck Best Buy is quickly going downhill, it’ll only get worse with their new CEO

Why? Because they, like every other retailer, are scaling back on sales and inventory of physical media which takes up a lot of floor space and hardly makes them any money?

Nope. Try again.

#79 snipermike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

snipermike

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Oh boy I hope Amazon RAISES their prices to match these amazing deals.

#80 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

Why? Because they, like every other retailer, are scaling back on sales and inventory of physical media which takes up a lot of floor space and hardly makes them any money?

Nope. Try again.

From what I understand Best Buy is actually doing pretty well right now in terms of business. In terms of being THE best place to buy games, Best Buy stopped being that place when GCU died. 

#81 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2803 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:19 PM

From what I understand Best Buy is actually doing pretty well right now in terms of business. In terms of being THE best place to buy games, Best Buy stopped being that place when GCU died.

Well, yeah, because they were likely losing money on GCU. Same reason why Amazon did the same thing. Given publishers are striving to push consumers away from retail, and that now over half of sales are digital, just makes less and less sense for stores to waste their time and energy to keep the attention of a dwindling pool of buyers.

#82 Tothoro  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:30 PM

My GCU expired last month, so nothing really stands out. As I was scrolling through the list I saw some okay deals on PSVR games and was hoping for Blood and Truth, but it's probably still to early and selling too well to warrant a drop yet.

One thing I did notice on the site but not the post is that Bloodstaned for the PS4/XBO is $30 and now comes with the metal case (which was previously exclusive to the Switch version). Good deal for anyone who wants the metal case.

PS4: https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6165891

XBO: https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6165886

#83 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4481 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

:switch: Dragon Marked for Death rings up as $14.99 in store after they put in your rewards info ^^

#84 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9950 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

:switch: Dragon Marked for Death rings up as $14.99 in store after they put in your rewards info ^^

Not bad that game looked flawed, but at $14.99 I may try to get some co-op action out of it.

#85 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:36 PM

seeing about picking up marked for death and bloodstained 

#86 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

My GCU expired last month, so nothing really stands out. As I was scrolling through the list I saw some okay deals on PSVR games and was hoping for Blood and Truth, but it's probably still to early and selling too well to warrant a drop yet.

One thing I did notice on the site but not the post is that Bloodstaned for the PS4/XBO is $30 and now comes with the metal case (which was previously exclusive to the Switch version). Good deal for anyone who wants the metal case.

GCU doesn't matter much since it doesn't apply anyway.  If it did, I'd be all over bloodstained, but eh.

Looks like they only have digital copies for $14.99. I was going to buy it, but I want it physical. 

I went ahead and ordered Darksiders on Switch but nothing else really for me here. 

The digital copy (of Dragon Marked for Death) only has half the characters, so physical is a much better deal.

#87 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4481 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:52 PM

Also available at Target for $24.74 when you order for store pickup.

I got it from Target earlier this week. Now debating if I want to return/spend $5 more for the steelbook (not like it serves any special purpose)...

#88 Tothoro  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:59 PM

Also available at Target for $24.74 when you order for store pickup.

I got it from Target earlier this week. Now debating if I want to spend $5 more for the case (not like it serves any special purpose)...

Good point. I'd forgotten since no Target near me had it available for pickup, same situation for Judgement. I guess if someone cares about the metal case it could still be a better deal, but not on raw price. For what it's worth it is a really nice metal case but I know that's not everyone's thing.

#89 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

May have to make a stop after work. 

#90 dualrec  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:34 PM

I'm really considering a curved monitor for home office use.  Was thinking about a 27" 1080p, but reviews say text could be less clear at that resolution / size.

Any experience with the MSI Optix 24" that's in the sale?

Reads like a good one to use if I ever want to game on it too.