* - - - - 2 votes

New Monthly $5 Dollar Cert for Power Up Rewards Pro

#331 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3588 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:26 AM

That' absurd. Just like the $5 monthly coupons that sound good on paper until you realize they basically don't apply to anything except for full priced crap. Then again, I listened to the Camelot conference call video he snuck onto and the people in charge really do sound like a bunch of clueless boomers.

Well, if you remember to go once everymonth you turn $15 inot $60 xbl credit, whihc isn;t bad

#332 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3365 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:06 AM

Luckily my store down the street opened up on July 30th so I was able to go in and get the $5 xbox credit.

#333 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

Probably old news, but it stacks with reward coupons too with no problem. I got Paper Mario Origami King and used both my $5 monthly Pro coupon and a $5 off coupon from PowerUp Rewards. Plus I got 30% bonus on my trades (10% for Pro, and 20% for trading towards Paper Mario specifically). Was really happy all the deals stacked.

This is the first time in years I've subscribed to GameStop's thingy (was on Best Buy Gamer Club for quite a while prior) and I've been pretty happy so far, definitely gotten way more than $15 value out of it.

#334 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:21 PM

i recommend only using certs and coupons on digital currency.

if you use them on a physical item, then make sure that you will not return the item for any reason because you will lose the certs and only get the difference back.

#335 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   609 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 AM

i recommend only using certs and coupons on digital currency.

if you use them on a physical item, then make sure that you will not return the item for any reason because you will lose the certs and only get the difference back.

Unless... you use certs on a new release that is G2L and can return it for $59.99 TIV! Personally, I use the monthly certs for the kids to pick something out from the clearance bin as a reward for chores. Teach them to wait until something is on sale! 

#336 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3588 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:10 AM

Unless... you use certs on a new release that is G2L and can return it for $59.99 TIV! Personally, I use the monthly certs for the kids to pick something out from the clearance bin as a reward for chores. Teach them to wait until something is on sale! 

i was somehow banned from trading for the past year so it is a no go for me.  Last I check I am still trade limited.

#337 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted Today, 01:21 AM

Worked for me on a $5 used game. They just me walk out with it for free.