* - - - - 2 votes

New Monthly $5 Dollar Cert for Power Up Rewards Pro

#331 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3858 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:26 AM

That' absurd. Just like the $5 monthly coupons that sound good on paper until you realize they basically don't apply to anything except for full priced crap. Then again, I listened to the Camelot conference call video he snuck onto and the people in charge really do sound like a bunch of clueless boomers.

Well, if you remember to go once everymonth you turn $15 inot $60 xbl credit, whihc isn;t bad

#332 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:06 AM

Luckily my store down the street opened up on July 30th so I was able to go in and get the $5 xbox credit.

#333 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

Probably old news, but it stacks with reward coupons too with no problem. I got Paper Mario Origami King and used both my $5 monthly Pro coupon and a $5 off coupon from PowerUp Rewards. Plus I got 30% bonus on my trades (10% for Pro, and 20% for trading towards Paper Mario specifically). Was really happy all the deals stacked.

This is the first time in years I've subscribed to GameStop's thingy (was on Best Buy Gamer Club for quite a while prior) and I've been pretty happy so far, definitely gotten way more than $15 value out of it.

#334 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:21 PM

i recommend only using certs and coupons on digital currency.

if you use them on a physical item, then make sure that you will not return the item for any reason because you will lose the certs and only get the difference back.

#335 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:18 AM

i recommend only using certs and coupons on digital currency.

if you use them on a physical item, then make sure that you will not return the item for any reason because you will lose the certs and only get the difference back.

Unless... you use certs on a new release that is G2L and can return it for $59.99 TIV! Personally, I use the monthly certs for the kids to pick something out from the clearance bin as a reward for chores. Teach them to wait until something is on sale! 

#336 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3858 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:10 AM

Unless... you use certs on a new release that is G2L and can return it for $59.99 TIV! Personally, I use the monthly certs for the kids to pick something out from the clearance bin as a reward for chores. Teach them to wait until something is on sale! 

i was somehow banned from trading for the past year so it is a no go for me.  Last I check I am still trade limited.

#337 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:21 AM

Worked for me on a $5 used game. They just me walk out with it for free.

#338 steamcheapcom  

steamcheapcom

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

Do GS rewards coupons stack with things like B1G1 free sales, CAG16, and things like that?

#339 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:38 PM

Do GS rewards coupons stack with things like B1G1 free sales, CAG16, and things like that?

I was able to stack a monthly $5 coupon and CAG16 with pre-owned Star Wars Squadrons on sale for BF, took it down to under $10 total. I think that many things stacking is very YMMV though, sometimes they turn off certain promotions, sometimes something slips through.

#340 Vice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:43 PM

I've never had an issue stacking it with stuff.  However, I renewed recently and my coupon wasn't in my account.  I specifically had to reference an e-mail they sent me to show them the barcode/use the code on the website.  I guess they're hoping people forget about it instead of the rep getting a prompt for it at point of sale.

#341 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2020 - 11:45 PM

I walked into the store today, and I said that the only thing that I was going to do was to use my $5 coupon on a $5 Xbox code.  I did not need to or want to buy anything else or to renew my Pro membership that needs to be renewed on 1/1/2021. 

The girl at the counter was so frightened that she didn't even circle the code on my receipt like she usually does.  :shock:

#342 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:43 AM

I walked into the store today, and I said that the only thing that I was going to do was to use my $5 coupon on a $5 Xbox code. I did not need to or want to buy anything else or to renew my Pro membership that needs to be renewed on 1/1/2021.

The girl at the counter was so frightened that she didn't even circle the code on my receipt like she usually does. :shock:

I usually say, “I’d like $5 of Xbox credit, please.” Then politely decline all the other garbage. It’s not the employee’s fault they have to push garbage so I keep it pleasant for their sake.

#343 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 07 December 2020 - 05:06 PM

I walked into the store today, and I said that the only thing that I was going to do was to use my $5 coupon on a $5 Xbox code.  I did not need to or want to buy anything else or to renew my Pro membership that needs to be renewed on 1/1/2021. 

The girl at the counter was so frightened that she didn't even circle the code on my receipt like she usually does.  :shock:

LOL OK

#344 jrc84  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:43 AM

I walked into the store today, and I said that the only thing that I was going to do was to use my $5 coupon on a $5 Xbox code. I did not need to or want to buy anything else or to renew my Pro membership that needs to be renewed on 1/1/2021.

The girl at the counter was so frightened that she didn't even circle the code on my receipt like she usually does. :shock:

Did you want to preorder any upcoming titles?

#345 epicjas0n   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

epicjas0n

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:42 PM

Anyone know if it's ok to sign up for 2 pro memberships in order to get two $5 certs a month?

#346 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2020 - 09:40 PM

Used my on $15 card for xbox, grabbed some movies to finish off 2500 pts punchcard.

#347 Sam Beckett  

Sam Beckett

Posted 12 December 2020 - 06:46 PM

PowerUp always gives me so many problems....

We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward.

Points Available: 53,783 GameStop.com 

Reward Certificate

$50 Off One In-Stock Item GameStop.com Reward Certificate

$50 Off One Single In-Stock Item

#348 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   612 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:33 PM

I just joined last month for the first time, and tried to use my $5 coupon online, which gave me an error no matter what I tried to apply it to. I then tried using it in store, and got the same issue. They eventually just gave me $5 off, but not using the official coupon. The employees told me there was some glitch when you subscribe online, and to always do it in store. But who knows if that's just because they wanted commission.

They also told me I couldn't just buy $5 in Xbox/Switch/PSN credit, because that was a custom amount, and I had to do a minimum of $10, that they could then scan off a sheet stuck to the top of the desk, yet a friend told me he's had no problems with $5 eShop credit at the same store, so maybe I just went on a bad day.

#349 Omni99  

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:42 PM

Yesterday the lady checking everyone out gave them all the Pro renewal speech. When it was my turn, I got "How in the world are you still an elite pro member?!"

#350 te619   Coldshadow CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:00 PM

I never got mine either and I signed up Monday.

#351 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:36 PM

Yesterday the lady checking everyone out gave them all the Pro renewal speech. When it was my turn, I got "How in the world are you still an elite pro member?!"

Gotta con unsuspecting customers into those unnecessarily premature renewals before the fiscal year ends!  :roll: