* * * * - 4 votes

PS4 Pro DEATH STRANDING LE Console $299!

#31 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:45 PM

Just got back from my store and they are refusing to price adjust or return/rebuy until Tuesday, after all the holidays are over. May try giving the support line a call but seems I may be out of luck

That's what I was afraid of. I'm otw to a cluster of GS stores to try to adjust my pro so hopefully someone lets me. $100 off after a little over 2 weeks after release is no joke.

#32 IamTheStorm81  

IamTheStorm81

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this, OP.  Thanks to you I snagged one!

#33 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6886 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

I return and rebought at Best Buy and GameStop for $299.99. It was no hassle to do at either.

#34 Bigben7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

In 4 1 thanks OP

#35 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13179 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:30 PM

Fuck it, I was in the market for a PS4 Pro so decided to pick one up.  This should hold a decent resale value too if I ever decide to get rid of it.

#36 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:18 PM

Jfc that was a mess. The SL absolutely refused to do the return at first but backed down after she saw I wasn't going to cave. I hate to strong arm any employees this time of year but she gave the excuse that 'the $300 price is only intended for the white consoles, no other pros'...despite the DS pro ringing up the same in the computer. Told her I could just return the console outright and buy one from Sony and she didn't like that idea so she gave in. Used some certs and ended up walking out with my $209.99 pro. It really doesn't have to be this hard, especially since the holiday return period is in effect. Sigh.

#37 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14977 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

Jfc that was a mess. The SL absolutely refused to do the return at first but backed down after she saw I wasn't going to cave. I hate to strong arm any employees this time of year but she gave the excuse that 'the $300 price is only intended for the white consoles, no other pros'...despite the DS pro ringing up the same in the computer. Told her I could just return the console outright and buy one from Sony and she didn't like that idea so she gave in. Used some certs and ended up walking out with my $209.99 pro. It really doesn't have to be this hard, especially since the holiday return period is in effect. Sigh.

Yeah, I honestly don't understand these 'banner employees' that go out of their way to not give a valid deal. Not sure if it's brainwashing or personality, but some people just love to argue what they can and can't do. Trust me mr. not-paid-enough-to-care employee; everything can be done.

#38 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:37 PM

I want to do a return rebuy at GameStop but mine is open. Probably not worth the hassle.

#39 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   5012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Well just checked it’s back to $400

#40 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, I honestly don't understand these 'banner employees' that go out of their way to not give a valid deal. Not sure if it's brainwashing or personality, but some people just love to argue what they can and can't do. Trust me mr. not-paid-enough-to-care employee; everything can be done.

It's really insane. Usually that store is great and I spend a lot of money there, so no idea why they chose this as the hill to die on. It's literally in the return window and is literally $300 in store, why would it be a problem?

I want to do a return rebuy at GameStop but mine is open. Probably not worth the hassle.

Yeah you're probably screwed man. Might be worth a try if you don't mind arguing for 30 minutes.

#41 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14977 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

Really depends how much $100 means to you. ;)

#42 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

$300

https://www.gamestop...n/11097393.html

#43 Miker525  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:45 PM

Called BB and they're also refusing to do anything, so I was wondering. Does anyone understand Best Buy's return policy regarding opened consoles. I may just order another one of the consoles from Sony, and return my opened one as the way to get the extra $100 back. But it's opened and I've been playing it obviously. Any idea the policy on this? My other option is waiting as the sale at Sony is still ongoing on Tuesday once they're allowed to price adjust again and seeing if they'll do it then, but not sure I want to wait that long.

#44 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6449 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

Called BB and they're also refusing to do anything, so I was wondering. Does anyone understand Best Buy's return policy regarding opened consoles. I may just order another one of the consoles from Sony, and return my opened one as the way to get the extra $100 back. But it's opened and I've been playing it obviously. Any idea the policy on this? My other option is waiting as the sale at Sony is still ongoing on Tuesday once they're allowed to price adjust again and seeing if they'll do it then, but not sure I want to wait that long.

You could always buy one from Sony & just return that sealed one to BB when it arrives. 

EDIT: n/m, won't work. 

#45 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

You could always buy one from Sony & just return that sealed one to BB when it arrives. 

No, you cannot. The serial numbers won't match. All they have to do is just say it is defective and BB will return it.

#46 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6449 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:58 PM

No, you cannot. The serial numbers won't match. All they have to do is just say it is defective and BB will return it.

Oh good call, you're right. Completely forgot about them scanning the serial #. 

#47 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:08 AM

I have these kind of situations often and usually go to a different location. If this exact situation happened I would have tried to reason with them like you did. Any idea why they care? It doesn’t change their income or their work metrics. I don’t get it.
I’ve never worked retail but I do bill customers for repairs and my main guideline is take care of the customer and don’t piss off the boss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#48 DrBayrd  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:11 AM

Did a return/rebuy at GameStop today with no problems. I was friendly and chatty and the store leader was helpful. He looked up the price of the death stranding pro and said yup you’re right. It’s $300 now. He just needed the receipt which was great bc I didn’t want to lug the console from home. I got $100 back in trade credit. This is forking awesome!!!

#49 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:16 AM

Did a return/rebuy at GameStop today with no problems. I was friendly and chatty and the store leader was helpful. He looked up the price of the death stranding pro and said yup you’re right. It’s $300 now. He just needed the receipt which was great bc I didn’t want to lug the console from home. I got $100 back in trade credit. This is forking awesome!!!

Glad you posted. I’ll stop by my local store tomorrow with my receipt. I’m on good terms with the SL, so I shouldn’t have any issues.

#50 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:06 AM

Checking CAG tonight blew up in my face. I ended up ordering the Death Stranding PS4 Pro for $300 and also noticed Best Buy has the Gears of War 5 Console for $349.99 ($150.00 off) and bought that as well even though I already have both.. Just wanted some new looking consoles.to have. Hopefully my KH3 PS4 Pro and Xbox one x can cover most of this.

#51 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:33 AM

Checking CAG tonight blew up in my face. I ended up ordering the Death Stranding PS4 Pro for $300 and also noticed Best Buy has the Gears of War 5 Console for $349.99 ($150.00 off) and bought that as well even though I already have both.. Just wanted some new looking consoles.to have. Hopefully my KH3 PS4 Pro and Xbox one x can cover most of this.

Didn’t the gears 5 console also have a $30 gift card with it too?

#52 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:33 AM

Didn’t the gears 5 console also have a $30 gift card with it too?

Yes! A $30 e-giftcard and 3 months of xbox live gold.

#53 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:36 AM

Yes! A $30 e-giftcard and 3 months of xbox live gold.

If you haven’t upgraded to ultimate before you may still be able to upgrade it for a buck

#54 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4073 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:37 AM

My friend just got this and looks great, but like the 500 million and spiderman console better.

What's the difference between the 3 month xbox live cards and the ultimate ine everyone saying for $1?

#55 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:44 AM

Uhhh I think you're on the wrong website

#56 Oo_Eddie_oO  

Oo_Eddie_oO

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:55 AM

Will this console sell on Amazon later on?

#57 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:41 AM

does the Playstation store take PSN giftcard currency like Microsoft store does with microsoft GC?

#58 kreate  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:51 AM

does the Playstation store take PSN giftcard currency like Microsoft store does with microsoft GC?

I'd like to know this too. I did a simple google search and didnt immediately find the answer, does anyone know?

#59 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:07 AM

No.

#60 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:11 AM

My friend just got this and looks great, but like the 500 million and spiderman console better.

What's the difference between the 3 month xbox live cards and the ultimate ine everyone saying for $1?

Ultimate includes Gold membership and GamePass Membership which gives you access to 100+ games. Think of it like Netflix for games. Right now you can get 3 months of Ultimate for $1.