* * * - - 5 votes

YMMV PS4 and Xbox One games are at Dollar Tree for $1!

#1 Zantra  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:00 AM

People are finding Xbox One and PS4 games mixed in with the DVDs and Blu Rays that people usually find. Somebody found a Scribblenauts game for Xbox One, and the PS4 and Xbox One version of that newer Lord of the Rings game. This is insane!!!

#2 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   9035 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:31 AM

Oh dang I know where I'm going tomorrow.

#3 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2325 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:33 AM

That explains the empty box with 2 single DVDs I saw when I went yesterday. And after I picked up 2 Blurays, a guy picked up the rest of the box that had 15 Blurays left and bought them all without even thinking

#4 Zantra  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 11:56 AM

As I am sick at home with Covid 19, it would be irresponsible of me to go to my local stores and check. But, if anybody finds anything, please post it here and let us all know.

#5 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:11 PM

There's not going to be Last of Us 2 there, but it's older games like Shadow of War. Still a deal for a buck. 

#6 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

Went to a few. One was cleaned out as always. But the other two I checked had a lot of older games as has been posted. Picked up NHL 17 for XBONE and a copy of Shadow of War for PS4.

#7 reaperwilly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

reaperwilly

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

Went to 2 in vegas. Nothing. Just had weird generic looking DVDs.

#8 guy3467  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:36 PM

Someone else already made a thread about this. Supposedly they are set to go out on June 12th, but some stores are putting them out early. So if your local store is completely wiped of movies and games, they might not have put them out yet, so check back later. 

#9 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   9035 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:58 PM

Someone else already made a thread about this. Supposedly they are set to go out on June 12th, but some stores are putting them out early. So if your local store is completely wiped of movies and games, they might not have put them out yet, so check back later. 

Thanks for the tip, nothing but old TV specials at mine today.

#10 SRL1  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

No dvds or games at my local dollar tree.

#11 Zantra  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:49 PM

I have two in my town, an older crappy one, where they rarely have DVDs, and another nicer newer one, where they do have DVDs on a daily basis. I'm probably going to ask my mom or my dad to go out and look for me, since I'm sick at home, and don't want to infect anybody. I mean, even if it's just the Scribblenauts game, I'd be happy with that for $1.

#12 Zantra  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

I also apologize if I accidentally made a second thread for the same deal, but I looked really hard for the thread that you are talking about, before I made this one, and I couldn't find anything. The only Dollar Tree thread that I know of is for DVD deals in the Movie section of the site.

#13 guy3467  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:12 PM

I also apologize if I accidentally made a second thread for the same deal, but I looked really hard for the thread that you are talking about, before I made this one, and I couldn't find anything. The only Dollar Tree thread that I know of is for DVD deals in the Movie section of the site.

Huh!?  I couldn't find it again either. I know it was on here not too long ago, because I immediately checked out my local Dollar tree. They hadn't gotten them yet so I put an alarm reminder in my phone to check on June 12th. Oh well.

#14 Zantra  

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:15 PM

I found the original thread. I think it didn't get a lot of looks because it was posted at an awkward time, and it had the names of the games as the title, instead of mentioning Dollar Tree first.

#15 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:19 AM

Found the scribblenauts for xbox at mine, but it was the only game. Found the animated LOTR Return of the King on DVD (1970's version) and Amazing Spiderman 2 on bluray. When did they start getting movies that are not utter crap?

#16 Zantra  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:56 AM

They've had good movies for a while, and even full seasons of TV shows on DVD and Blu Ray. All for a dollar. It's pretty insane. They're practically giving them away. I'm not sure how they stay in business with prices so low.

#17 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:03 AM

Well I am sure Dollar Tree is only paying 50 or 60 cents for them. Somewhere along the supply chain someone is taking a huge hit.

#18 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:23 AM

Nothing but cosby show boxsets, louis c.k. stand up specials, house of cards seasons and baby driver at my $1 tree

#19 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:33 AM

Nothing but cosby show boxsets, louis c.k. Stand up specials, house of cards seasons and baby driver at my $1 tree

Wow you hit the trifecta. Cosby (rapist), Louis C.K. (sexual harasser) and Kevin Spacey (sexual harasser). LOL

#20 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6245 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:06 AM

Nothing but cosby show boxsets, louis c.k. Stand up specials, house of cards seasons and baby driver at my $1 tree

What horrible crime did someone in Baby Driver do?

#21 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3426 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:18 AM

...Kevin Spacey

#22 Zantra  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:20 AM

Kevin Spacey was in Baby Driver also.

#23 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3484 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:18 AM

Picked up Shadow of War and Shadow of Mordor on PS4

30 for 30 season 2 vol 1 dvd
Tim and Eric’s Movie
Almighty Johnson’s
And a handful of movies with Vudu codes

#24 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1629 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 06:03 AM

Well shit Tim and Eric movie for a buck I'll go in the morning and check it out.

#25 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:14 AM

I went to two Dollar Tree stores, and I didn't see any games.  Then, I walked around the store for a half hour and bought absolutely nothing.

#26 Zantra  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:35 AM

I went to two Dollar Tree stores, and I didn't see any games.  Then, I walked around the store for a half hour and bought absolutely nothing.

Well, the rumor is that some stores are getting them now, and there will be a second wave June 12th when it's actually in the weekly ad. Which probably means that more stores will get them.

#27 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:47 AM

Well, the rumor is that some stores are getting them now, and there will be a second wave June 12th when it's actually in the weekly ad. Which probably means that more stores will get them.

Thanks, Zantra.  I hate sifting through the DVDs because I always end up bringing more indie movies and TV seasons of shows that I've never heard of home.  And then I don't watch them.  $1 per DVD isn't a a good deal if that stuff stacks up in the corner.  

I'm an old man.  So I end up falling asleep after work most nights anyway.  :oldman:

#28 Zantra  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

I do the exact same thing. I buy a bunch of stuff for $1 on Blu Ray and DVD, and then I fall asleep before I can watch them. Or, if I do watch some of it, I fall asleep, and forget where I was, because it keeps playing until the end.

#29 Madzane  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:45 PM

The difference a day makes. Stopped at a store Friday for kids craft materials and couldn’t find the Starlink ships I’d been on the lookout for. Yesterday I stopped after reading this post and found a table of DVDs. Snagged the two Mordor games for PS4 and they had two of the Starlink ships. I passed on Xbox One versions of Madden and NHL.

#30 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:39 PM

This does seem totally random. Visited two stores and spoke to a few others by phone. 3 of the 5 already had the shipment out, two others had no idea of a new shipment of games/movies. For the ones that already put everything out, the games were already raided on Friday. Looking to grab a pair of PS4 Shadow games.