* * * - - 5 votes

YMMV PS4 and Xbox One games are at Dollar Tree for $1!

#31 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:38 AM

OK, so it looks like just the Middle Earth games for PS4/XB1, a Scribblenauts game, and some old sports games.  I'll probably pick up the Middle Earth and Scribblnauts game for my new XB1, but my closest Dollar Tree kind of sucks with these movie drops, often putting them up randomly instead of the week they are supposed to go on sale.

#32 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1952 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

I stopped at one today, but all I really saw was a mostly empty bin of movies in the front with everything well-picked-over.  So I'm guessing they either haven't put them out yet or they were in the movie bin and are gone already.  Might check back on the 12th just to see.

#33 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1487 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:09 AM

Picked up Shadow of War both systems. One for me and the other for my kids. Tons of DVDs & Blu's. Monster High, ML Pony, Superhero Girls. Tons of Horror too. Good trip !

#34 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1629 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:42 AM

Mine doesn't even sell movies lol. No luck here.

#35 Kagath   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:45 PM

Mine had them right up front for a long time but must have removed them. I wanted to check for the DC cartoons after I seen them here.

#36 Viper X  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:37 PM

Just got back from my store (ATX). Right when I walked in they had a table with just DVDs and no games. I guess it was picked clean. The DVDs that I saw were Top Gear complete season 23, Tom and Jerry cartoons, Tom and Eric and a few others. I walked out empty handed.

#37 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   9035 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:01 PM

Just got back from my store (ATX). Right when I walked in they had a table with just DVDs and no games. I guess it was picked clean. The DVDs that I saw were Top Gear complete season 23, Tom and Jerry cartoons, Tom and Eric and a few others. I walked out empty handed.

ATX represent! Same here at the Capital Plaza one, no DVDs at all. 

#38 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1952 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

Most of the ones here with movies just toss them in a little bin in the automotive aisle, if that helps.

#39 Zantra  

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:43 PM

Some stores have them in the automotive or "electronics" aisle. Some have them near the books and toys. I have even been to a store where they had them next to the pet food and pet toys for some reason. Like I've been told by the people who discovered this deal, if you haven't seen them in your stores yet, it's because they aren't supposed to be officially out on the floor until June 12th. It's just that some stores jumped the gun. Especially newer stores that always have DVDs and Blu Rays available for purchase. Older stores have no room for DVDs and Blu Rays, so they usually do the table at the front once every two or three months. It's the same with comic books. Some stores have comics in their book section all of the time, and some of them get them once or twice a year.

#40 jaide   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:55 AM

Which location?

#41 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:21 PM

Tim and Eric’s Movie
Almighty Johnson’s

Lol I thought this was one title.

#42 Viper X  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

Which location?

Southpark Meadows in South Austin.

#43 jaide   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

Southpark Meadows in South Austin.

Thanks. Went there looking for Starlink ships maybe a couple weeks ago, and all they had were a few blu-ray and dvd movies that most people probably haven't heard of.

#44 Zantra  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:13 AM

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the day that these are supposed to be in stores officially. So, it may be worth it to check again, if you have found nothing at your local stores so far.

#45 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:35 AM

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the day that these are supposed to be be in stores officially. So, it may be worth it to check again, if you have found nothing at your local stores so far.

Every single store I visited or called had put out the movies between last Friday and this Monday. Haven't found a single store who didn't get a shipment yet. I'm still looking for the PS4 Shadow pair of games. I did find War on xbox and picked it up as a gift for someone.

#46 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:41 AM

I happened to go to a different store this morning.  They had dumped the movies and TV seasons into a big red, white, and blue bucket.

There weren't any games, but I found the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 1 & 2 DVD set and the first season of The Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on DVD.

I bought them both.  Don't judge me.

#47 Rictor   I like big butts... CAGiversary!   2369 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:57 AM

I stopped at the Crawfordsville, IN Dollar Tree while camping.  I found one Xbox One game, NHL 17.  They had no other games.

I did find several blu-rays that looked interesting though.

#48 Kitsumari  

Kitsumari

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:55 PM

Will go check out my local Dollar Tree. Hope they have some stock.

#49 Zantra  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:19 PM

Since I'm sick at home, I'm living vicariously through all of you, so I hope that you all find games today! Good luck!

#50 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3267 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

Well I’ve been to 5 Dollar Tree and at all five the employees didn’t know what I was talking about. They just kept telling me they only have movies. I did pick up 2 blu rays.

#51 reaperwilly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

reaperwilly

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

Where was this advertised? I didnt see it in any ad.

#52 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:50 PM

anyone have any luck today getting any games???

#53 txhiaj007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:11 PM

I saw shadow of mordor for xbox, but passed since I dont have a xbone. I did pick up 3 blurays though: the good, bad, and ugly
Robocop
District d13u

#54 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

I had to go to Dollar Tree for batteries for work today. Hadn't planned on going for the games because I expected them to be picked over, and I was right.

They DID have a single copy of Scribblenauts for Xbox One, though, so i snagged it.

#55 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:15 PM

anyone have any luck today getting any games???

I found a copy of Middle-Earth: Shadow of War for Xbox One after work this afternoon.  It looked like someone had already gotten to the shipment because that was the only game left in the entire section.

Then, I bought more Blu-rays and DVDs than I could possibly watch in a week's time.

Aaah! Real Monsters: Season 1 - DVD

Appleseed @ Alpha - DVD

Are You Being Served Vol. 5 (it's possibly the greatest Brit-com of all time!) - DVD

Batman: Bad Blood - DVD

Batman: Mechs vs Mutants - DVD

Batman: The Killing Joke - DVD

Batman: Tales of the Dark Knight (it's four Batman: The Animated Series cartoons) - DVD

Battlestar Galactica: Razor/Battlestar Galactica: The Plan - Blu-ray

Exo-Squad: Season 1 - DVD

Stargate Atlantis: Fan's Choice - Blu-ray

That 70's Show: Season 3 - DVD

The Legend of Zelda: Havoc in Hyrule (it's the old DIC-produced Zelda cartoon, "Excuse me, princess!") - DVD

I love how I go into a dollar store to buy one game for a buck and end up buying a bunch of movies and TV seasons.  Still a great deal.

#56 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:32 PM

Damn, the only thing on that list I saw was That 70's Show.

The only game I found at two stores so far is Scribblenauts Showdown (X1). I don't have an X1, but I got it to flip. I'll start again tomorrow and hopefully there's still something left in other stores.

#57 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:40 PM

Damn, the only thing on that list I saw was That 70's Show.

The only game I found at two stores so far is Scribblenauts Showdown (X1). I don't have an X1, but I got it to flip. I'll start again tomorrow and hopefully there's still something left in other stores.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and Scribblenauts Showdown are both only worth a penny if they're heading to GameStop.  :bs:

#58 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3267 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:54 PM

The only game I was looking for was Scribblenauts since I already have the Middle Earth games.

#59 Timbo10184   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Timbo10184

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:06 AM

Three locations today and not a single game, even opened up 4 boxes labeled movies but it was all just garbage DVDs no one wants

#60 shopsmarts   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

shopsmarts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

I stopped by a DollarTree today and found a Shadow of War for PS4 and got 3 Blu rays: Good bad & Ugly, Nocturnal Animals and Hobo with a shotgun.