* * * - - 5 votes

YMMV PS4 and Xbox One games are at Dollar Tree for $1!

#91 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:13 AM

Jojo was DVD.

That’s still an amazing find. Might have to check a few other dollar trees for that.

#92 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:46 AM

That’s still an amazing find. Might have to check a few other dollar trees for that.

Agreed. $1 for a whole season of Anime is insane.

#93 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:41 PM

Checked a few stores yesterday for the hell of it since I was out of town. Just scraps and DVDs left. OP who stated the movies being put out on 6/12 was unfortunately wrong. Everything was out already prior, the week before even. Unless you were there when they opened the box, you weren't getting any PS4 games.

#94 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

"Seems" At&T is in debt and looking to sell wb stuff and trim the fat ,they may have  actually dumped their warehouses to discount distributers. 

Anyone know if Dollartree has a parent company or others stores under a different name to distribute media too?

#95 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

My tastes are a little obscure, but here is what my mom picked up for me, based on what I like:

Due South The Complete Series (I vaguely remember this show from my childhood, it contains all 67 episodes from all three seasons)

Jelly, i actually have to watch that on youtube and sound goes in and out

#96 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8449 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

"Seems" At&T is in debt and looking to sell wb stuff and trim the fat ,they may have  actually dumped their warehouses to discount distributers. 

Anyone know if Dollartree has a parent company or others stores under a different name to distribute media too?

Dollar Tree also owns Family Dollar, but I think that Dollar Tree is the parent company.

#97 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:02 AM

Checked a few stores yesterday for the hell of it since I was out of town. Just scraps and DVDs left. OP who stated the movies being put out on 6/12 was unfortunately wrong. Everything was out already prior, the week before even. Unless you were there when they opened the box, you weren't getting any PS4 games.

I was not wrong. If you look at my posts, some stores accidentally put out their stock early, but most stores put the stock out two days ago. That's why people who went a few days ago and found nothing are now finding games in their stores. I also put YMMV when I first made the thread, just in case some stores didn't have them. I am sorry that you are having trouble finding them, but if you look at this thread, the majority of the people who have looked have found them

#98 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:36 AM

I was not wrong. If you look at my posts, some stores accidentally put out their stock early, but most stores put the stock out two days ago. That's why people who went a few days ago and found nothing are now finding games in their stores. I also put YMMV when I first made the thread, just in case some stores didn't have them. I am sorry that you are having trouble finding them, but if you look at this thread, the majority of the people who have looked have found them

I wouldn't say accidentally really. I have five stores within fives miles. ALL of them had them out last week on different days. Then this past weekend I traveled out of my local area, calling five stores and stopping by two. Every single store already had the movies out the week prior. Nothing was left besides scraps as of this past Friday 6/12 at any store within 50 miles of my home.

I will say thank you very much for the heads up. It seems this time around the PS4 games were 2 per store max and some stores claimed their shipment never even had games in them.

#99 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:36 AM

I wouldn't say accidentally really. I have five stores within fives miles. ALL of them had them out last week on different days. Then this past weekend I traveled out of my local area, calling five stores and stopping by two. Every single store already had the movies out the week prior. Nothing was left besides scraps as of this past Friday 6/12 at any store within 50 miles of my home.

I will say thank you very much for the heads up. It seems this time around the PS4 games were 2 per store max and some stores claimed their shipment never even had games in them.

3 of the stores I went to did put out the movies on Friday they just didn’t have games.

#100 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

Well, unfortunately somebody at Slickdeals told everybody about the deal, and a bunch of people are hoarding copies to sell online. So, it doesn't really shock me that stores don't have a bunch, and like others have said, I have also heard that smaller stores may have received only a single copy of each game with their boxes of DVDs.

#101 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:45 PM

Well, unfortunately somebody at Slickdeals told everybody about the deal, and a bunch of people are hoarding copies to sell online. So, it doesn't really shock me that stores don't have a bunch, and like others have said, I have also heard that smaller stores may have received only a single copy of each game with their boxes of DVDs.

I wont comment on slickdeals, and have not read anything they are saying over there, but your info was pretty on target, we went for another run and ended up with 7 games from different stores. I dont believe the games were plentiful to begin with, as you wrote, imo the games were just randomly mixed in with the movies. So for example, if each box had 20 items in it maybe two were games. Its clear that the movies/games were supposed to be the WOW item starting friday, at least 3 stores had the section right in front with the area designated for the movies/games, and only 1 had anything substantial left, the others were nearly picked clean, and as I and others have already said, finding these movies/games placed in other parts of the store was incorrect, as they were meant to be the eye catcher wow item people first see when they walk in the door. It was interesting seeing what was out there, and honestly there were 12+ movie titles I would have scooped up if I had seen them, and then the games, thats for sure another 6 items, so someone  seeing me do that would probably have something derogatory to say about me buying all that stuff to sell, when in fact, it was all for me, and I can only imagine the average joe doing the same thing at the stores that had placed them in the wow spot, for most people, its a no brainer to buy bluray or current gen games for a dollar each.

#102 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8449 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:08 PM

I wont comment on slickdeals, and have not read anything they are saying over there, but your info was pretty on target, we went for another run and ended up with 7 games from different stores. I dont believe the games were plentiful to begin with, as you wrote, imo the games were just randomly mixed in with the movies. So for example, if each box had 20 items in it maybe two were games. Its clear that the movies/games were supposed to be the WOW item starting friday, at least 3 stores had the section right in front with the area designated for the movies/games, and only 1 had anything substantial left, the others were nearly picked clean, and as I and others have already said, finding these movies/games placed in other parts of the store was incorrect, as they were meant to be the eye catcher wow item people first see when they walk in the door. It was interesting seeing what was out there, and honestly there were 12+ movie titles I would have scooped up if I had seen them, and then the games, thats for sure another 6 items, so someone  seeing me do that would probably have something derogatory to say about me buying all that stuff to sell, when in fact, it was all for me, and I can only imagine the average joe doing the same thing at the stores that had placed them in the wow spot, for most people, its a no brainer to buy bluray or current gen games for a dollar each.

Putting the movies near the cash registers definitely didn't help the situation, that's for sure.

#103 Radio Station   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Radio Station

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:31 AM

Another oddity to point out is that I noticed at least one DVD with a K-Mart dump bin sticker on it.  It's possible that the source of these things is from a K-Mart/Sears supply, which might make sense in some of this.

I seem to recall a few years ago there was some chatter/rumors that K-mart was having trouble with game distributors (even before the stream of store closures) due to some financial issues, which resulted in them having a window of time where getting new video game hardware/software stock was difficult. 

I wonder if the intended location of this stock had originally been K-Mart's that could no longer receive them and they ended up in a limbo for several months (maybe over a year) before they end up at Dollar Tree.  Could explain the lack of variety and of total games, overall.

#104 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Honestly, my local KMART hasn't had video games since the PS2 era, so I am the worst person to make guesses about that. I do wish that Big Lots and KMART kept selling games. They used to have some really great deals. Every once in a while Big Lots will get in a super old computer game that nobody wants, and they stuff it in their DVD section. But, it's been years since they had anything good.

#105 DrBayrd  

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:45 AM

[quote name="nixmahn" post="14297610" timestamp="1592071202"
Taylor Swift Fearless live Blu for my niece

Does dollar tree get game regularly or is it just this one time?[/quote]

Come on dude- we know who it really was for. Just shake it off: "for my niece"

#106 IDreamcasterI  

IDreamcasterI

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:26 PM

Dollar Tree used to get Atari 2600 and PC games occasionally.  This was probably close to 20 years ago.  I remember seeing a copy of Prince of Persia 3D but I didn't buy it since I had never heard of it (this was the pre-Sands of Time era).  That was the last time I recall them ever having games.

#107 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:24 AM

I once remember finding a Tilt Pak there, an accessory for N64 controllers that let you use motion controls for the analog. Strangest find ever, and I never saw another one again, Dollar Tree or otherwise.

#108 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:33 AM

I stopped by my local dollar tree store today, and found shadow of war and scribblenauts showdown for xbox 1. I also got 2 blu rays: Turtles in time III, and Thunderstruck.

#109 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4090 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:54 AM

I saw dvd from kmart and walmart stickers.

Looks like everything is gone mostly. The ad shows Hitch, but never seen it at dollar tree.

#110 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:17 AM

I saw dvd from kmart and walmart stickers.

Looks like everything is gone mostly. The ad shows Hitch, but never seen it at dollar tree.

can u point me to the ad please or tell me where u saw it

#111 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:39 AM

Went to a dollar tree near me yesterday and couldn't find any movies or games. I have a few more I could check out but doubt I'd have any luck.

#112 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4417 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:58 AM

Went to a dollar tree near me yesterday and couldn't find any movies or games. I have a few more I could check out but doubt I'd have any luck.

This late in the sale I would think it would be a waste to drive around looking for these games. Most only had a few games and they were put right at the entrance with the movies. Most probably got snatched up the first couple days.

#113 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:22 PM

I cut my losses, and made one of the Lord of the Rings games my free game, in the buy two get one free Target sale.

#114 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:27 PM

I went back to another store today and there were barely any movies left over. Usually there are at least a few dozen.

#115 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

I have one dollar tree in a 30 minute drive.

Doesn't seem worth the drive but who knows

#116 Madzane  

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

I found UMDs there about 10 years ago, Steam Boy is the only one I remember.

#117 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

Stopped by another dollar tree that was on my way home from work yesturday.  Seems the ones in the suburbs in large strip malls get the most/best stuff.  Late in the game to find games but: picked up

Blu

300 rise of an empire 3D

lone prestine lenticular slip cover of  Jack the giant Slayer 3D that I got by slipping it on the 300 bluray, wish I could have gotten the bluray

DVD

appleseed alpha

Ashes of Time

#118 ec91762  

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:55 PM

I actually found The Belko Experiment on Blue Ray, i snatched that up! I havent even seen it on DVD so i was excited haha

#119 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

I hadn't heard of it, but seeing "Office Space meets Battle Royale" was enough for me to buy.

#120 BadBrains   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

BadBrains

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

I struck out game wise but got Wish Upon and Hobo With A Shotgun on Blu and Belko, The School, Incident at Ghostland (or something like that), Pride Prejudice and Zombies, and a Charlie Brown 2 pack on dvd.