* * * - - 6 votes

Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

#811 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:50 PM

just wait until 3/31/2021 and the stock vanishes!   

#812 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5904 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:53 PM

Still won’t be as valuable as an actual CE release. This was a barebones set of 3 emulated games on a cartridge. And we all know Nintendo isn’t going to never release these games again. I guarantee they show up on the eShop as separate but possibly pricier individual games down the line. This may rise in value but it will never be a truly rare or valuable title.

#813 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

Who gives a crap. It's a game... if you are banking on games being rare and worth a lot, you are a moron.

LOL yes!!!! Video game investing is the most neck bearded way to invest your money...if you want a guaranteed ROI buy some stocks or invest in mutual funds.

#814 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2979 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:53 PM

just wait until 3/31/2021 and the stock vanishes!   

It's not like they are going to ET the remaining stock to spite anyone late to the party.

#815 tonyvx  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:32 PM

I think buying video games or misc collectibles with the INTENT of hoarding/resale is pretty strange.

That said, I just unloaded a ton of my collection of comic/video game stuff cause of pandemic times - and got back wayyy more than I ever spent. So it's hard for me to say it's an all around bad idea. Just buy stuff you'll enjoy having and don't be weird about it

#816 Volitar Prime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Volitar Prime

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:54 PM

If you want to hoard and resell then it is all about Lego and hardwood puzzles.

#817 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2020 - 12:42 AM

I think buying video games or misc collectibles with the INTENT of hoarding/resale is pretty strange.

That said, I just unloaded a ton of my collection of comic/video game stuff cause of pandemic times - and got back wayyy more than I ever spent. So it's hard for me to say it's an all around bad idea. Just buy stuff you'll enjoy having and don't be weird about it

I think the point is you could have made more money investing. I have no issue with people buying stuff because they’re collectors and enjoy the hobby. Just don’t expect to get rich off of buying games and avoid treating them like investments.

#818 tonyvx  

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:43 AM

I think the point is you could have made more money investing. I have no issue with people buying stuff because they’re collectors and enjoy the hobby. Just don’t expect to get rich off of buying games and avoid treating them like investments.

In many cases I resold my stuff 3x or 4x times what I paid, though. Stocks making that kinda return is unlikely. Investing is just gambling for normies. I'd rather be a true degenerate and hit the blackjack table.

#819 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:49 AM

In many cases I resold my stuff 3x or 4x times what I paid, though. Stocks making that kinda return is unlikely. Investing is just gambling for normies. I'd rather be a true degenerate and hit the blackjack table.

In the last 10 years I’ve more than tripled my money...the only trend the market has in the long run is up. Collectables alway peak in value and then fall off. I’ll use this as an example. I bought some rare anime cells from the 1980s for a 100 bucksish each. If I bought those during the early 2000s when demand and popularity is high they prob cost 500-1000 each. Same thing happens with Collectable cars. When I was a kid 50-60s cars were very expense but as that generation aged out the market fell a lot. Now more modern cars from the 80s-2000s are up in demand.