Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

How can they announce all this and not a Mario Anniversary Switch Lite?
They may be working on the logistics of that, with an announcement coming soon maybe for holiday or spring release next year? It may have been planned, and just didn't happen due to Covid, as they can't produce enough Lites & OG's to meet demand currently?

Why piss off even more people by offering a LE system no one can buy? Wait a minute, actually that's their MO for LE systems, so your guess is as good as mine? LOL

Got my 3D All Stars order in at Best Buy earlier.  Thanks for the thread, it made this pretty easy.  I went with BB as I've had some positive deals with them and they promise release day delivery.  Last game I preordered with them came a day early.  I am not  a prime member so not willing to wait 5 to 7 days after release as punishment and would get from Walmart if I was sure they would actually be on the shelf with that sweet $10 discount.  Not bothering with Walmart online ordering, even though it's been pretty flawless for me.  Might as well give my business to BB.  Maybe they won't go the way of Circuit City.

Its the Game & Watch Mario that is going to be a race to preorder I think. I'll be ok with digital on All-Stars. 

They may be working on the logistics of that, with an announcement coming soon maybe for holiday or spring release next year? It may have been planned, and just didn't happen due to Covid, as they can't produce enough Lites & OG's to meet demand currently?

Why piss off even more people by offering a LE system no one can buy? Wait a minute, actually that's their MO for LE systems, so your guess is as good as mine? LOL
The Pokemon version was barely available. Wouldn't be that different. ;)

Just preordered at my local Gamestop. 

This is the first time Ive preordered a game at gamestop (outside of trade in bonuses) in like ...

...actually this might be the first time Ive preordered a game at Gamestop just for the actual game.

GCU would be the way for me, if mine didn't expire long ago.  I may go the wally world route and, may be, get the 49.94.

Also, wait for November.

They're going to stop selling this physically AND digitally after March 2021? Physical, I get, but digital too? 

And they got rid of "so longay Bowser" apparently. 

Nintendo, the fuck

Just preordered at my local Gamestop.

This is the first time Ive preordered a game at gamestop (outside of trade in bonuses) in like ...

...actually this might be the first time Ive preordered a game at Gamestop just for the actual game.
Why did you choose GameStop over Walmart, Target, Amazon, or Best Buy?

I'm asking because my pain-in-the-ass retailer rankings go like this (from most painful to least painful):

GameStop, Best Buy, Target, Amazon, Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're going to stop selling this physically AND digitally after March 2021? Physical, I get, but digital too?

And they got rid of "so longay Bowser" apparently.

Nintendo, the fuck?
I don't think that's it. The physical is limited from the start, digital will be till March 2021.

I'm asking because my pain-in-the-ass retailer rankings go like this (from most painful to least painful):

Id pick GS because of the $5 monthly reward and large amount of trade credit from flips

Preordered from Best Buy - hope they add the $10 reward but either way this is a ton of value for $60 - never played sunshine!

Sunshine is easily one of the worst Mario games. It wasn't good.
yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-the-big-49172502.png

Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine exists. Sunshine is no where near that bad. Even then, the worst Mario platformer is the level nearly every other platforming game hopes to achieve so it's still not anywhere close to being legit bad.

I just preordered from Amazon and got $15 off for using Chase Reward points for part of the purchase total.  You have to click some button first for the offer to actually activate.  It's worth looking into if you have a Chase Freedom card.

Here is the link for the offer if you don't see it.

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21328382011

The $5 monthly cert, and the fact I had some trade credit.

I was on the GCU train for the last 7 years, so now im looking for other places to start preordering my games.

I hate stepping into a Walmart (though maybe Ill try shipping...), best buy is dead to me now, Target is MSRP, so I went with Gamestop cause at least I got a little $$ off.

I just preordered from Amazon and got $15 off for using Chase Reward points for part of the purchase total. You have to click some button first for the offer to actually activate. It's worth looking into if you have a Chase Freedom card.

Just redeemed my points for cash back minutes before reading this. I hate everything.

(Thanks for the heads up, though.)

This should be free!!!

These are all old games that everyone has played and they all run perfectly fine on free emus out there already anyway.

Am I right, guys? Guys?!

That may not be a popular opinion, but I have to agree. Very uneven and some levels — I’m looking at you, pachinko level — are almost impossible due to poor camera angles. I seem to recall hearing they had to rush the game to meet a deadline?

That Delfino Plaza music though...that tune will stick in your head for days...

As these are exactly the same games with NOTHING new, not even cleaner graphics, I'm pretty sure 99% of all you have already played them before back then when the games mattered.

And yet those same people act like they never played them before

Lol

That may not be a popular opinion, but I have to agree. Very uneven and some levels — I’m looking at you, pachinko level — are almost impossible due to poor camera angles. I seem to recall hearing they had to rush the game to meet a deadline?

That Delfino Plaza music though...that tune will stick in your head for days...
For me, I rate games like Sunshine based on how many times I may have replayed it, as that will tell me how much I was in to said title. Sunshine I finished only once, and had ZERO interest in playing it again, so yeah, far from my favorite Mario title, but I did at least finish it. Most Mario titles for me are nice fun romps that I revisit here and there due to the fun factor of said titles(or trying for 100%), and Sunshine just wasn't that fun for me.

It did very much have a "rushed" feel, but I don't know if that is true or not, but it is for sure a title that didn't meet Miyamoto's mantra of a "A bad game delayed.......", if in fact true?

As these are exactly the same games with NOTHING new, not even cleaner graphics, I'm pretty sure 99% of all you have already played them before back then when the games mattered.

And yet those same people act like they never played them before

Lol
The graphics are actually much cleaner compared to the originals, at least in M64 case, but that's only for people who haven't played it anyplace else since the N64 days. I run it pretty regular on different devices an it looks gorgeous thanks to the benefits of modern emulation, so this bundle was DOA for me without some major upgrades. And I knew when this was first rumored, that wasn't going to happen, as "N" can offer this bare bones and still sell tons, so why put in the work? It is what it is, sadly.

I just preordered from Amazon and got $15 off for using Chase Reward points for part of the purchase total. You have to click some button first for the offer to actually activate. It's worth looking into if you have a Chase Freedom card.

Crap, i didn't see that, i got $10 off by using discover cash back points. so still a deal. I'll have to link my freedom to amazon now i guess.

Just so I don't miss out, SM3D World + Bowser's Fury is NOT being advertised as limited right? That's just a standard release?

And I'm wondering how limited SM3DAS is since it's still available for PO everywhere. Usually limited Nintendo games sell out in minutes.

Crap, i didn't see that, i got $10 off by using discover cash back points. so still a deal. I'll have to link my freedom to amazon now i guess.
Those offers are hit or miss, if you see one, you likely don't qualify for the other. There's also an offer for CapitalOne cards floating around.

Just having these games all in progressive scan and upscaled with sunshine and galaxy in widescreen is a pretty nice upgrade.  My only question right now is, if playing on a Docked Switch with the GC adapter, will Sunshine use the analog triggers of the GC controllers to control the water pressure?  or am I remembering wrong how that game played?

I really feel they should have thrown in Galaxy 2 - that's another masterpiece.
The speculation is that Nintendo will do a few more things to Galaxy 2 and try to make it a value-added stand alone remade game for full price by itself.

Canceled my preorder. I'm not even going to try to flip this. People who want this should be able to buy it especially now. 

Here is the link for the offer if you don't see it.I'm

I'm NOT eligible?! I've only had a Chase acccount since 1988 (back when it was Bank One in Ohio), and I have a almot maxed out credit card with rewards? Is there something special I need to do to get "invited"?

Canceled my preorder. I'm not even going to try to flip this. People who want this should be able to buy it especially now.
Good. People like you buying these things to flip is exactly the shit that's caused this sort of retail shenanigans Nintendo is doing. And soon the other game publishers will be doing.

Just having these games all in progressive scan and upscaled with sunshine and galaxy in widescreen is a pretty nice upgrade. My only question right now is, if playing on a Docked Switch with the GC adapter, will Sunshine use the analog triggers of the GC controllers to control the water pressure? or am I remembering wrong how that game played?
I don't remember if the analog triggers did anything special in Sunshine, but according to the JP site the GC adapter/controller won't work with the Switch version anyway:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/avp3a/products/soft.html

bread's done
Back