* * * * - 8 votes

Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

#6631 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

I mean I think that gamestop selling a used game as new is shitty business and should be called out. It's not that he NEEDS a factory sealed copy, but it is what he paid for and that's what he should get.

Yeah total bs. Also the associates are allowed to play these open copies to give their opinion on games. They should be sold used. No clue why they don’t just use printed boxes on the shelf. They break copy right laws anyways when they do their own reprinted labels.

#6632 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

Yeah total bs. Also the associates are allowed to play these open copies to give their opinion on games. They should be sold used. No clue why they don’t just use printed boxes on the shelf. They break copy right laws anyways when they do their own reprinted labels.

Agreed. Selling gutted copies as new was always sleezy...but if the customer was fine with it, then whatever.

I bought Slay the Spire on Switch a year ago and it was gutted and the last copy. They told me it was never used. That was a lie since l tried to redeem the Nintendo Gold Coins and it said it was already redeemed, as opposed to expired.

#6633 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2974 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:21 AM

I mean I think that gamestop selling a used game as new is shitty business and should be called out. It's not that he NEEDS a factory sealed copy, but it is what he paid for and that's what he should get.

I mean I get it..but what’s the best they do? Take it back with a gift card in return and send him on his way to another local store that might have a factory sealed copy, or tell him, “sorry, you’re SOL. Take the copy or leave it.”?

#6634 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2974 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:26 AM

Agreed. Selling gutted copies as new was always sleezy...but if the customer was fine with it, then whatever.

I bought Slay the Spire on Switch a year ago and it was gutted and the last copy. They told me it was never used. That was a lie since l tried to redeem the Nintendo Gold Coins and it said it was already redeemed, as opposed to expired.

Ya that would piss me off too. If the game is gutted, at least have the vouchers work. Every game I’ve purchased from them have had functioning vouchers. That was a sleazy employee for sure.

#6635 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:15 PM

Huh. So either they also had an pre-owned copy and the clerk grabbed the "wrong one" or some clever clerk figured out they could rack up a ton of eShop credit by stealing the gold coins from these "new" games.

#6636 DrBayrd  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:36 PM

Sorry..I guess I used the wrong word
I am just trying to do that exchange...not returning...I just got the bundle last week. I am not a sport guy and that is why I exchange the NBA with call of dut. I prefer factory sealed.

You are certainly entitled to get a factory sealed game. But if I had the game I wanted to play on the console I wanted to play it on...
Well then, I would just open dat sum bitch and start playing it. Enjoy the game man! And get over yourself!

#6637 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3916 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

I mean I get it..but what’s the best they do? Take it back with a gift card in return and send him on his way to another local store that might have a factory sealed copy, or tell him, “sorry, you’re SOL. Take the copy or leave it.”?

I hear you, but I think the "best" they could do is not open the copies to begin with. If no one complains about it then nothing will ever change. Also if they don't have a sealed copy of call of duty and the was actually their last copy then they are doing something wrong because that should be a well stocked game.

I too have gotten "new" switch games that were gutted and had the coins redeemed. After that I started refusing the opened copies, a couple times they have swapped it for a sealed one, other times it is actually their last copy. My solution to all of this has just been to take my business elsewhere honestly. Never gotten an opened new game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Target!

#6638 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4257 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

PS5 in stock at Best Buy Canada.

#6639 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2974 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:24 PM

I hear you, but I think the "best" they could do is not open the copies to begin with. If no one complains about it then nothing will ever change. Also if they don't have a sealed copy of call of duty and the was actually their last copy then they are doing something wrong because that should be a well stocked game.

I too have gotten "new" switch games that were gutted and had the coins redeemed. After that I started refusing the opened copies, a couple times they have swapped it for a sealed one, other times it is actually their last copy. My solution to all of this has just been to take my business elsewhere honestly. Never gotten an opened new game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Target!

And is fully agree with all of this! 🤙🏻

#6640 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:08 PM

You are certainly entitled to get a factory sealed game. But if I had the game I wanted to play on the console I wanted to play it on...
Well then, I would just open dat sum bitch and start playing it. Enjoy the game man! And get over yourself!

Thank you very much!!! I check their inventory yesterday and they have more than 4 in stock at my local GameStop. They just gave that resealed one to my wife. I guess I am unlucky

#6641 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:14 PM

Yup, that's the right approach.  I admit I've taken open "new" copies from GS, but only when it's the last copy, and because I can't be bothered to go anywhere else for it. 

I understand folks who would be frustrated with codes being used up on a new copy.  That would stink. 

I stopped buying from GS some time ago.  Not because of these issues, but just because the deals are better elsewhere, and with them largely having moved past the older generations, I have no more reason to shop there. 

#6642 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10333 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:21 AM

Same I do get Gamestop used when it's cheap or somethin, but not as common for me anymore. I have bought Gamestop new as well, but knew it in advance, since I rarely order from Gamestop online. I stopped buying Gamefly used as well when I got a very beaten up copy of Tomb Raider Definitive for PS4. It somehow ran, but it was junked out. I could have sent it back, but it was very cheap.

#6643 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3746 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:51 AM

I do want one, but the other part is finally getting one. I’ve waited this long so I can wait longer but it’s frustrating I can’t get one if that makes sense haha

I'm in the same boat, brother. Unfortunately I'm at a tremendous disadvantage when it comes to most drops because I work on weekdays when most of them happen so I can't be on my phone long enough. I really don't expect to have one before the summer.

#6644 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4257 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:54 PM

Target went up, managed to get one.

#6645 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:51 PM

I check Target several times a day and of course happen to miss when they actually go up

#6646 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1742 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:12 PM

Target went up, managed to get one.

Congrats!  No luck here, had the message for in-store pick up only, but under the item (which said in stock) it said not available for in-store pick up. 

#6647 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3746 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

Feels more and more every day like I'm gonna be looking for a scalper. This is frustrating.

#6648 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1742 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:23 PM

Feels more and more every day like I'm gonna be looking for a scalper. This is frustrating.

I'm thinking with the stimulus checks, the additional stimulus checks, and tax refund season it's going to be a while before I get one.  I won't give a scalper business though, I'll just have to try to be patient.

#6649 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3746 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

I'm thinking with the stimulus checks, the additional stimulus checks, and tax refund season it's going to be a while before I get one. I won't give a scalper business though, I'll just have to try to be patient.

Unfortunately for me my ps4 is my original launch console and the fan is constantly running so its probably on its way out. I'm not trying to buy a new ps4 when it's on the way out so a scalper is my only shot

#6650 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:26 PM

Unfortunately for me my ps4 is my original launch console and the fan is constantly running so its probably on its way out. I'm not trying to buy a new ps4 when it's on the way out so a scalper is my only shot

you can find a used ps4 pro for low $200s and sell it for your money back if not all. I personally can wait on a ps5 until there's actually a bunch of exclusives and by that time I'm sure the scalping will be over.

#6651 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1742 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:35 PM

Gamestop will have more tomorrow.

https://www.gamespot...=NLS-04-10aaa1d

#6652 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:55 AM

Gamestop will have more tomorrow.

https://www.gamespot...=NLS-04-10aaa1d

What time will gamestop release the bundle normally? Is it 3pm EST?

#6653 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:10 PM

Will GS be in store pickup or ship to home?

#6654 DrBayrd  

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:27 PM

Will GS be in store pickup or ship to home?

Shipping

#6655 Hessler1  

Hessler1

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Rumor is Walmart will be doing a drop soon. Multiple sources online.

#6656 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6786 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:58 PM

PS5 is up on amazon

https://t.co/iVw8kBOKQd

#6657 DrBayrd  

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

Edit: sold to a local cag
I have an extra ps5 bundle from GameStop that includes spidey, demons souls and extra dualsense controller for $710+tax in central NJ. Would rather sell to a CAG for msrp than return.

#6658 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:02 PM

Had it in my cart on Amazon and sold out. Dirtbag resellers ruin it for everyone.

#6659 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:37 PM

Had it in my cart on Amazon and sold out. Dirtbag resellers ruin it for everyone.

or people are just quicker than you?

#6660 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:17 PM

Not everyone buying a ps5 is a reseller. They’re probably in the minority at this point. Not a whole lot of money reselling consoles at this point.