* * * * - 8 votes

Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

#6631 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

I mean I think that gamestop selling a used game as new is shitty business and should be called out. It's not that he NEEDS a factory sealed copy, but it is what he paid for and that's what he should get.

Yeah total bs. Also the associates are allowed to play these open copies to give their opinion on games. They should be sold used. No clue why they don’t just use printed boxes on the shelf. They break copy right laws anyways when they do their own reprinted labels.

#6632 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

Yeah total bs. Also the associates are allowed to play these open copies to give their opinion on games. They should be sold used. No clue why they don’t just use printed boxes on the shelf. They break copy right laws anyways when they do their own reprinted labels.

Agreed. Selling gutted copies as new was always sleezy...but if the customer was fine with it, then whatever.

I bought Slay the Spire on Switch a year ago and it was gutted and the last copy. They told me it was never used. That was a lie since l tried to redeem the Nintendo Gold Coins and it said it was already redeemed, as opposed to expired.

#6633 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2974 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:21 AM

I mean I think that gamestop selling a used game as new is shitty business and should be called out. It's not that he NEEDS a factory sealed copy, but it is what he paid for and that's what he should get.

I mean I get it..but what’s the best they do? Take it back with a gift card in return and send him on his way to another local store that might have a factory sealed copy, or tell him, “sorry, you’re SOL. Take the copy or leave it.”?

#6634 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2974 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:26 AM

Agreed. Selling gutted copies as new was always sleezy...but if the customer was fine with it, then whatever.

I bought Slay the Spire on Switch a year ago and it was gutted and the last copy. They told me it was never used. That was a lie since l tried to redeem the Nintendo Gold Coins and it said it was already redeemed, as opposed to expired.

Ya that would piss me off too. If the game is gutted, at least have the vouchers work. Every game I’ve purchased from them have had functioning vouchers. That was a sleazy employee for sure.

#6635 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:15 PM

Huh. So either they also had an pre-owned copy and the clerk grabbed the "wrong one" or some clever clerk figured out they could rack up a ton of eShop credit by stealing the gold coins from these "new" games.

#6636 DrBayrd  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:36 PM

Sorry..I guess I used the wrong word
I am just trying to do that exchange...not returning...I just got the bundle last week. I am not a sport guy and that is why I exchange the NBA with call of dut. I prefer factory sealed.

You are certainly entitled to get a factory sealed game. But if I had the game I wanted to play on the console I wanted to play it on...
Well then, I would just open dat sum bitch and start playing it. Enjoy the game man! And get over yourself!

#6637 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3908 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

I mean I get it..but what’s the best they do? Take it back with a gift card in return and send him on his way to another local store that might have a factory sealed copy, or tell him, “sorry, you’re SOL. Take the copy or leave it.”?

I hear you, but I think the "best" they could do is not open the copies to begin with. If no one complains about it then nothing will ever change. Also if they don't have a sealed copy of call of duty and the was actually their last copy then they are doing something wrong because that should be a well stocked game.

I too have gotten "new" switch games that were gutted and had the coins redeemed. After that I started refusing the opened copies, a couple times they have swapped it for a sealed one, other times it is actually their last copy. My solution to all of this has just been to take my business elsewhere honestly. Never gotten an opened new game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Target!

#6638 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4244 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

PS5 in stock at Best Buy Canada.

#6639 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2974 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:24 PM

I hear you, but I think the "best" they could do is not open the copies to begin with. If no one complains about it then nothing will ever change. Also if they don't have a sealed copy of call of duty and the was actually their last copy then they are doing something wrong because that should be a well stocked game.

I too have gotten "new" switch games that were gutted and had the coins redeemed. After that I started refusing the opened copies, a couple times they have swapped it for a sealed one, other times it is actually their last copy. My solution to all of this has just been to take my business elsewhere honestly. Never gotten an opened new game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Target!

And is fully agree with all of this! 🤙🏻

#6640 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2135 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:08 PM

You are certainly entitled to get a factory sealed game. But if I had the game I wanted to play on the console I wanted to play it on...
Well then, I would just open dat sum bitch and start playing it. Enjoy the game man! And get over yourself!

Thank you very much!!! I check their inventory yesterday and they have more than 4 in stock at my local GameStop. They just gave that resealed one to my wife. I guess I am unlucky