* * * * - 12 votes

Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

#7741 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:01 PM

Just got a delayed email in regards to the March 18th Wal-Mart order.

Got the same email this morning, so Walmart must not have been able to secure the number they sold.

edit: just got through chatting with Walmart and said mine should be sent out on the 11th. 

#7742 hamadto  

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:02 PM

I've entered Newegg shuffle for last 3 days, and never won PS5 bundle or any GPU.

#7743 BattlehunterAlex   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

BattlehunterAlex

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:29 PM

Got the same email this morning, so Walmart must not have been able to secure the number they sold.

edit: just got through chatting with Walmart and said mine should be sent out on the 11th.

I also got the delayed email from the Mar 18th drop but it finally updated to shipped today!

Says it should be here by Tue.

#7744 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

Got my PS5 today. As goofy as it's gonna sound, my favorite feature isn't the loading times, or the haptic feedback, or even the 4K (which my OG PS4 couldn't do).

It's the system-level settings for subtitles. Y'all have no idea what a quality of life improvement it's going to be for me not having to worry about turning subtitles on when I play a new game.

Yep, they totally nailed their target audience. :-

#7745 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:08 AM

Im seriously considering selling my ps5. Haven’t played it in weeks, and I don’t see the need to hold on to it if I don’t play it soon.

I regret not selling when it peaked at $1200 on the low end two weeks before Christmas. Game Pass is just too easy to have an infinite library of games to play. Hell, I may even try MLB the Show just because.

Outriders is pretty legit though. . .

#7746 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:39 PM

Yep, they totally nailed their target audience. :-

I mean, make fun. It's fine. But as a hearing impaired gamer, I'm used to being everyone else's collateral damage because "iT'S ToO DistRaCtInG" to have subtitles on by default in a game.

Now, as long as the game has subtitles, Fuck what they think: I'm good.

It's not that I don't *care* about everything else Sony is doing with the next gen, don't get me wrong.

It's that, as quality of life goes, this is gonna matter to me more than loading times (and I say that as a heavy player of Borderlands 3 on PS4, where you can just about make a meal waiting for the game to start from scratch).

#7747 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

I regret not selling when it peaked at $1200 on the low end two weeks before Christmas. Game Pass is just too easy to have an infinite library of games to play. Hell, I may even try MLB the Show just because.

I sold mine for $600 used. Full asking price and I included a sealed miles Morales ultimate edition. Kyle was skeptical because who would sell a ps5 below buying price? Yet in the end very happy.

#7748 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:51 PM

I also got the delayed email from the Mar 18th drop but it finally updated to shipped today!

Says it should be here by Tue.

Just seen on my order page it's been shipped, what a relief.

#7749 chrono31  

chrono31

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:04 AM

When I can play Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch games on Game Pass I'll take a look at it.  Gamepass is in itself an amazing deal, but Microsoft hasn't released many quality games since the 360.  I suspect 2 or 3 years from now some of these 1st party investments Microsoft has made will start releasing great games, until that time comes Microsoft is behind both Sony and Nintendo when it comes to games I enjoy. 

#7750 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2021 - 03:46 PM

When I can play Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch games on Game Pass I'll take a look at it. Gamepass is in itself an amazing deal, but Microsoft hasn't released many quality games since the 360. I suspect 2 or 3 years from now some of these 1st party investments Microsoft has made will start releasing great games, until that time comes Microsoft is behind both Sony and Nintendo when it comes to games I enjoy.

Seems like Microsoft will do more m&as of major studios. I can see gamepass being a bigger deal in 5-10 yrs. I can also see the price jumping up too in that timeframe. Wouldn’t shock me if m$ made some big moves soon.

#7751 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2284 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:50 PM

When I can play Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch games on Game Pass I'll take a look at it.  Gamepass is in itself an amazing deal, but Microsoft hasn't released many quality games since the 360.  I suspect 2 or 3 years from now some of these 1st party investments Microsoft has made will start releasing great games, until that time comes Microsoft is behind both Sony and Nintendo when it comes to games I enjoy. 

Well Sunset Overdrive is on Gamepass and is Insomniac. :)

But yeah there are lots of great games on it, but it all depends on your preferences.  Sony really stepped up their game since mid-PS4 era on exclusives (people tend to forget that early on the PS4 exclusives were pretty lacking, other than Bloodborne).  Microsoft has really put the pieces in place to up their game, but we do need to wait to see on this.  They very well could see a similar renaissance.

#7752 DrBayrd  

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:16 PM

Sony direct at 5:30 pm est: https://direct-queue...er=akamai-1.0.2

#7753 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:33 PM

How does this Sony Direct queue work anyway? Is it random? I've always been given an estimated wait time of an hour. Does that mean it's a no go?

#7754 ritchardf  

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:39 PM

How does this Sony Direct queue work anyway? Is it random? I've always been given an estimated wait time of an hour. Does that mean it's a no go?

from what i understand its random, at first everyone has more than an hour, then when they are released for sale the time updates according to where you are in the randomized queue. i say that with never seeing less than an hour before they are sold out.

#7755 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:55 PM

I got in. I opened a bunch of browsers and a couple actually gave me a time that was actual minutes instead of "over an hour."

But digital was all they had left so I had to pass.

#7756 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:34 PM

Anyone get one of those "targeted" from Playstation giving you the opportunity to buy a PS5 at Noon on the 15th? 

#7757 BattlehunterAlex   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

BattlehunterAlex

Posted 14 April 2021 - 01:31 PM

Just seen on my order page it's been shipped, what a relief.

Mine arrived yesterday safe and sound. Hope you get yours on time as well!

#7758 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:57 PM

Bundles up on GameStop

#7759 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:00 PM

Bundle singular now. The most expensive one. :D/

#7760 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:24 PM

This would be annoying if I really wanted a console. Button says ADD TO CART, I click on it, it makes me go through a captcha, and only afterward tells me there's no more product.

#7761 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:53 PM

I got in. I opened a bunch of browsers and a couple actually gave me a time that was actual minutes instead of "over an hour."

But digital was all they had left so I had to pass.

Funny, that's the one I want, but had to settle for a Disc Drive version. 

#7762 zelda2fanboy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

zelda2fanboy

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:17 AM

I successfully secured a bundle order from gamestop. Not sure if this is helpful advice or if I was just lucky this time, but instead of spamming F5 and checking/unchecking the protection plan box, I just refreshed once every five minutes or so. Got it in my cart after about 15 or 20 minutes.

#7763 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4742 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:43 AM

Funny, that's the one I want, but had to settle for a Disc Drive version. 

Settle for the disc drive? I can't imagine why anyone would intentionally buy a Digital edition, particularly when the console is backwards compatible with older games. You're just limiting yourself with movies and games.

#7764 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:58 AM

Settle for the disc drive? I can't imagine why anyone would intentionally buy a Digital edition, particularly when the console is backwards compatible with older games. You're just limiting yourself with movies and games.

I have literally hundreds of games from Xbox through Xbox One, but all I want is a Series S from them this gen. I see PS5 being my primary console, and spending $200 extra for BC is not hugely appealing.

Could be a similar issue in reverse. They see themselves mostly playing Series X for three gen BC and GP, but want the cheaper PS5 for Sony exclusives.

Not quite as strong a position for digital ps5 as series S, but could be a thing.

#7765 kommiekazie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

kommiekazie

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

It's mostly the  younger generation that have a very digital mindset.  But we're also on a site dedicated to selling/trading  and finding deals.  I'd never go full digital on console until sale prices are like Steam.

I bought Demon's Souls for $45 used and AFAIK it hasn't went on sale in any way digitally. You save more in the end with a disk drive and buying used.

#7766 Triatacon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Triatacon

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:56 PM

It's mostly the  younger generation that have a very digital mindset.  But we're also on a site dedicated to selling/trading  and finding deals.  I'd never go full digital on console until sale prices are like Steam.

Sale prices on Steam aren't even like sale prices on Steam anymore.

#7767 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:05 PM

https://blog.playsta...ocial-features/

#7768 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7073 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:01 PM

Walmart Disc:
https://www.walmart....ampaign_id=9383

Digital
https://www.walmart....cmw40&sharedid=

#7769 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:17 PM

Disc is gone. Digital is still up. And never mind. Now digital is gone too.

#7770 sorabora  

sorabora

Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:29 PM

For whatever reason, Sony Direct allowed an additional order on the same account.

I don't know if the one per account (address?) restriction has been lifted, but it worked.