* * * * - 6 votes

Xbox Series S/X Re-stock Thread

#4591 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2441 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:24 AM

You nerds are slow. How am I the first person posting about this today at 9:25pm?

xbox-fridge.jpg

Was this at your local Target? I checked the store locator off the app but no location in my area says there’s any in stock. Did you have that many left at this time of the day?

#4592 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9826 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:52 AM

Was this at your local Target? I checked the store locator off the app but no location in my area says there’s any in stock. Did you have that many left at this time of the day?

Yeah that was my local store tonight.  They must have been sitting out there all day. 

#4593 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7177 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:53 AM

Stores seem to be packed with those fridges. Saw that my local area got 50/each on launch day. Don't get how they are selling for $150 on eBay but guess people don't want to walk into their stores to see them sitting on the shelf.

EDIT: Both the Target app and BS didn't show the fridge in stock anywhere, but when I went in store, they were there. Asked to check other locations and all of them showed stock. This was days ago though, might be sold out now that Black Friday has past.

#4594 sbaker44  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 01:45 PM

My Microsoft Series X order from the emailed link shipped this morning.

#4595 adam31   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 02:00 PM

Received my Series X from Microsoft.com and sold my XBox One X in like 5min for $300. Can’t believe it sold that quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you sell your One X? I've still got one to unload...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#4596 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3176 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:02 PM

Wallmart + is doing another Xbox Series X drop in an hour!  

#4597 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:24 PM

heads up new series x fellas.

https://www.reddit.c...ition/?sort=new

my Xbox Series X that came in a few days ago freezes and shuts off with every series x version game. a few minutes in anything freezes and closes or I have to shut it off manually. Dashboard works fine and indie games(that i've tried so far) work fine. I am waiting to see if there are any big news for improvement (update) or if this is a gpu/ssd issue (most likely is)

#4598 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:48 PM

my Xbox Series X that came in a few days ago freezes and shuts off with every series x version game. a few minutes in anything freezes and closes or I have to shut it off manually. Dashboard works fine and indie games(that i've tried so far) work fine. I am waiting to see if there are any big news for improvement (update) or if this is a gpu/ssd issue (most likely is)

My Xbox is stupid buggy as well and I’ve had it over a year. Random crashes and hdmi issues. Figured it was an Xbox thing. Some of the bugs resolved with updates and others persist.

#4599 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1374 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:57 PM

Mine needs a restart after attempting quick resume sometimes. It's been bad enough that nothing else will open after a failed resume, but a restart fixes it.

#4600 NIU_Huskies   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

NIU_Huskies

Posted 29 November 2021 - 05:15 PM

This Walmart restock just has me stuck at 10 mins in the queue for the last 10 mins. My wait time is not going down.

#4601 NIU_Huskies   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

NIU_Huskies

Posted 29 November 2021 - 06:10 PM

After an hour waiting in the Walmart queue I got down to 1 minute and never made it further than that. Refreshed the browser and it took me back to the Xbox page that says the item is out of stock.

#4602 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 29 November 2021 - 07:11 PM

This is one of the many reasons I added the optional extended warranty with that XSX bundle. If any problems / issues don't happen within 1 year they're bound to happen sometime quite sooner or later after the warranty expires on the xbox consoles & The 1st OG Xbox console been the only one I never had any issues / problems happening. 

UPS ground. The indignity.

Is your package in that ravine in Alabama?

https://www.msn.com/...ARaK9v?ocid=mmx

Heard about this happening when I seen "Scrubing" posted a video about it a few days ago on YT. Walmart always use FedEx to deliver for them (unless they're in an area where FedEx doesn't deliver).

"One family who lives nearby is missing four packages, including an Xbox. The family said they work too hard for something like this to happen."

“It’s heartbreaking that someone would take advantage of people, when they’re supposed to be delivering kids’ toys to them for Christmas, and people don’t care and would just drop our hard-earned money ... thousands of dollars worth of things just off in a hole. I don’t see what kind of person can do that,” said Andrea Finchum, who is missing packages."

“The price of everything is going up, and we just sit here and work, work, work trying to take care of our families. And you get stuff like this and it’s kind of a slap in the face, that people don’t have the respect for other people’s goods. They just throw them off in a ditch somewhere,” Chris Finchum said."

https://www.fox19.co...alabama-ravine/

#4603 cruxdude  

cruxdude

Posted 29 November 2021 - 07:31 PM

Just got my Series X that I bought from Microsoft!  :D/

Need to work though so forcing myself to concentrate for another 7 hours 

#4604 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 07:56 PM

To balance this thread... I bought 3 XSX (for myself and friends) and none have had issues.  Mostly launch units - day 1.  I did a similar setup last gen (and myself owned 3 XBONEs across the various models/Xs) and never had a single problem across.  Same with 360 Slim and OG Xbox.  I find MS  (PERSONALLY) to be the most reliable manufacturer these days (Nintendo has slipped a bit of late - though they were the standard).  

My PS4s were mostly solid. PS5 has been a little buggy not to mention likes making some cool noises.  Mass manned electronics are going to have some failures for sure (doubly true with SSD and chip requirements on these guys), it is part of it. But I've never had an issue with MS (knock on wood - didn't do 360 til post RROD).

Was able to grab a Halo XSX, matter of if I want to keep it or gift it this holiday.  (just read that Reddit link - ugh I hope my Halo XSX is good to go)

Happy hunting, CAGs.  

#4605 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 08:49 PM

Mine needs a restart after attempting quick resume sometimes. It's been bad enough that nothing else will open after a failed resume, but a restart fixes it.

Same issue as well. Lots of complaints on it. Some people think it’s a hardware issue memory leakage? and others think it’s software.

#4606 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   5021 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:01 PM

Haven't had any major issues with my month-old Series X. I'm amazed by how quiet it is. Quick resume tends to not reconnect to multiplayer services, like with Halo Infinite. I end up closing and reopening the game when this happens.

Oh, and when I disconnect the Series X controller from playing wired on my laptop, the controller stays on and powers on the Xbox. Anyone know a workaround for this?

#4607 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 29 November 2021 - 10:48 PM

To balance this thread... I bought 3 XSX (for myself and friends) and none have had issues. Mostly launch units - day 1. I did a similar setup last gen (and myself owned 3 XBONEs across the various models/Xs) and never had a single problem across. Same with 360 Slim and OG Xbox. I find MS (PERSONALLY) to be the most reliable manufacturer these days (Nintendo has slipped a bit of late - though they were the standard).

My PS4s were mostly solid. PS5 has been a little buggy not to mention likes making some cool noises. Mass manned electronics are going to have some failures for sure (doubly true with SSD and chip requirements on these guys), it is part of it. But I've never had an issue with MS (knock on wood - didn't do 360 til post RROD).

Was able to grab a Halo XSX, matter of if I want to keep it or gift it this holiday. (just read that Reddit link - ugh I hope my Halo XSX is good to go)

Happy hunting, CAGs.

Was not aware of the reddit thread, but just read it and that was enough to convince me to hold off on getting a series x for another year. Sending an nearly $600 item in for a repair right after getting it sounds like a damn nightmare.

#4608 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Yesterday, 12:31 AM

Was not aware of the reddit thread, but just read it and that was enough to convince me to hold off on getting a series x for another year. Sending an nearly $600 item in for a repair right after getting it sounds like a damn nightmare.

Seems we have nightmares about different things.

Hopefully mine will work out of the box. If not waiting another two weeks for a repairs would be somewhat inconvenient.

#4609 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3176 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:22 AM

Memory leaks are also software issues. 

Same issue as well. Lots of complaints on it. Some people think it’s a hardware issue memory leakage? and others think it’s software.

#4610 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3176 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:25 AM

I bought the Xbox One at launch and it's been working great.  I feel like MS learned their lesson the Xbox 360.  I think I had 3 or 4 Xbox 360s over the years.  Luckily all but the last one was replaced by MS.  I already waited a year at this point and it seems like the systems are not going to be easily available or discounted anytime soon.  Hopefully this generation is reliable.  

#4611 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted Yesterday, 02:56 AM

I've got the Halo console and no big issues yet. BF2042 crashed to dashboard maybe 3 times in a 13 hour Hazard Zone session, which is likely the game.  I've played Outriders, Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite with few/no issues since I got the console.

I've never used quick resume though.  I quit every game.  I usually play 1 game at a time and go for achievements.  Quick resume can cause achievement issues (more so in Ubisoft games), so I just don't risk any issues.  The same with quick start for the whole console.  It takes like 15 seconds to boot from a full shut down, so no time lost.

#4612 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3176 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:25 AM

Microsoft store via xbox console is showing halo edition in stock! I just was able to add to my cart!

#4613 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted Yesterday, 04:39 AM

Microsoft store via xbox console is showing halo edition in stock! I just was able to add to my cart!

Added to cart but cannot check out.

#4614 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9773 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 AM

Were you able to check out?

#4615 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:31 AM

I've got the Halo console and no big issues yet. BF2042 crashed to dashboard maybe 3 times in a 13 hour Hazard Zone session, which is likely the game.  I've played Outriders, Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite with few/no issues since I got the console.

I've never used quick resume though.  I quit every game.  I usually play 1 game at a time and go for achievements.  Quick resume can cause achievement issues (more so in Ubisoft games), so I just don't risk any issues.  The same with quick start for the whole console.  It takes like 15 seconds to boot from a full shut down, so no time lost.

That's another great benefit of upgrading... the time to turn on from a full shut-down is just about as fast as quick on with the One or One X.  I would run into all kinds of bugs using quick on (or whatever its called)

#4616 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11846 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 AM

Added to cart but cannot check out.

What I can add to my cart is the "Xbox Series X - Halo Infinite Limited Edition Bundle," but if it truly is a bundle it should be asking me to choose the next bits for the bundle but it isn't.  I think this might just be an error and we shouldn't be able to add it to the cart like this.

#4617 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1673 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted Yesterday, 07:39 AM

What I can add to my cart is the "Xbox Series X - Halo Infinite Limited Edition Bundle," but if it truly is a bundle it should be asking me to choose the next bits for the bundle but it isn't. I think this might just be an error and we shouldn't be able to add it to the cart like this.

This and halo controller have been up on Xbox for a week, broken.

#4618 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Memory leaks are also software issues.

Zero clue man. Just going off of Reddit. I’m not at all tech savvy at that level.

#4619 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 PM

Edited.  Forgot it's the internet for a minute.  

#4620 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3176 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:48 PM

Well that's extremely sad... sorry for the false hope.  I did not attempt to checkout since I had lucked out on a regular series x order from Walmart.