* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy Black Friday Deals Available Now - Ends Sunday

#61 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:15 PM

What are your thoughts/experience with these for the Switch:

Nyko Armor Case - Some reviews say it's great but can charge or attach joycons with it on

PDP Ultra Guard screen protector - mostly to avoid the scratches from the docking station

Rocketfish TV Dock - Some have it as great others have it as bricking the switch

Looking for: a screen protector from scratches, may be a different docking station, anything else for a safe travel for the switch.

#62 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:30 PM

IDK if it's the same at every location but when I bought Story of Seasons, it came with a small plush

yeah, i got one as well. that was the preorder plush. you can probably ebay it for $20+ lol

#63 Leowned   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:43 PM

IDK if it's the same at every location but when I bought Story of Seasons, it came with a small plush

yeah, i got one as well. that was the preorder plush. you can probably ebay it for $20+ lol

Sadly no cow for me

#64 zanderlex  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:11 PM

Dang, $25 for a sealed $40 game and a $20 plush sounds great. There were like 5 more copies left on the shelf, I might have to go back for those.

#65 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 05:15 PM

What are your thoughts/experience with these for the Switch:

Nyko Armor Case - Some reviews say it's great but can charge or attach joycons with it on

PDP Ultra Guard screen protector - mostly to avoid the scratches from the docking station

Rocketfish TV Dock - Some have it as great others have it as bricking the switch

Looking for: a screen protector from scratches, may be a different docking station, anything else for a safe travel for the switch.

I would advise against the PDP Switch screen protector. I bought it and realized it was just plastic and people had issues with it based on youtube videos.

I ended up with a tempered glass screen protector from Techmatte (https://techmatte.com/NIN-SWTCH-GLSX2) and was happy with the purchase and cost.

#66 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:01 PM

4 or 5 years ago, regular sales were better than black friday sales are now. I hardly even look anymore. It's always been a way for stores to get rid of old stock, but these days it seems they are far less willing to part with old stock for cheap. Most BF deals recently are repeats or discounts I find to be normal for any time of year.

Oh well.

#67 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5713 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:04 PM

Any thoughts on Song of Seasons vs Rune Factory 4 on Switch?

Any reason to grab Rune Factory if I have an unplayed 3DS copy? And is Song of Seasons worth picking up compared to Stardew Valley?

#68 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:14 PM

Any thoughts on Song of Seasons vs Rune Factory 4 on Switch?

Any reason to grab Rune Factory if I have an unplayed 3DS copy? And is Song of Seasons worth picking up compared to Stardew Valley?

Seasons if you like harvest moon

#69 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:05 PM

So once it ends on Sunday, new Black Friday deals start right

#70 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:18 PM

So once it ends on Sunday, new Black Friday deals start right

The actual BF sales start on Nov 22nd.

Not sure what we'll see - maybe burst temp sales like what we are seeing now.

Like I got the 400 GB Sandisk SD card from BB for the same price it will be on BF next month.

#71 mikeshinobi  

mikeshinobi

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:46 PM

All I want for Christmas is Hollow Knight physical for $15 D: what is this Black Friday "sale" marking it down to $30 from $35, it's already $15 on eShop. Throw me a frickin' bone Best Buy

#72 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5269 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:53 PM

32 inch 4K makes me laugh.

I agree, a 32” screen should be outputting 8K minimum these days.

#73 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:03 AM

The actual BF sales start on Nov 22nd.

Not sure what we'll see - maybe burst temp sales like what we are seeing now.

Like I got the 400 GB Sandisk SD card from BB for the same price it will be on BF next month.

I thought these are actual Black Friday deals that are just available now. If the lg CX I just bought goes down in price even more later I’ll be pissed

#74 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6753 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:01 AM

Picked up Rune Factory and Story of Seasons (came with a free pink cow plushie). Wifey was happy.

#75 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 01 November 2020 - 03:02 AM

Picked up a couple of early deals with Mario + Rabbids for $15 and the HP DeskJet 2725 wireless printer for $25 (also got the standard yield cartridges). My mom got the Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard for $18 to use with her laptop.

Hoping NFS: HP Remastered will be on sale for XB1 as well.

#76 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5269 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 03:36 AM

Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard for $18

I’d be cross about ordering that a week and a half ago from Amazon for $25 if I hadn’t had the $10 credit from the Prime Day top up promotion and it hadn’t come late and they’d given me $30 credit to make up for it.

#77 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13258 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:20 AM

Weirdly enough I actually preordered this at Best Buy and never got sent the plush.  Guess they got the plushes late.

#78 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:42 AM

I thought these are actual Black Friday deals that are just available now. If the lg CX I just bought goes down in price even more later I’ll be pissed

Return policy has been extended.

Also the Best Buy ad has been leaked...not sure if your TV is part of it but best worth checking it out. (its on their site too now).

I bought NSMBU Deluxe and Yoshi's Crafted World when it was $40 but its apparently gonna be $35 each on that week but bleh I'm fine with that.

#79 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:18 AM

Return policy has been extended.

Also the Best Buy ad has been leaked...not sure if your TV is part of it but best worth checking it out. (its on their site too now).

I bought NSMBU Deluxe and Yoshi's Crafted World when it was $40 but its apparently gonna be $35 each on that week but bleh I'm fine with that.

So you’re saying I don’t have to be elite bestbuy member to get extended price adjust? If so that’s awesome. I bought lg CX 55 for $1350 btw

#80 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3807 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:42 AM

Not that impressed, but they've always had random new deals in the past so hoping there'll be more tempting stuff during that weekend. Hoping since they dropped theirs first, the other competitors will slash prices further

#81 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 01 November 2020 - 02:44 PM

Best Buy, it is listed under their "coming soon: more games for $14.99 or less" Black Friday deals. There are actually some decent deals, however it's pretty annoying how far down you have to dig to actually find them.

Link ..??

#82 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

So you’re saying I don’t have to be elite bestbuy member to get extended price adjust? If so that’s awesome. I bought lg CX 55 for $1350 btw

Is a TV considered as a major appliance? If it is part of the "Most products" line then it would be until Jan 16th (I'm assuming this is for regular customers too since they divided Elite and Elite plus into two different categories too)

Edit: Apparently Major appliances mean Fridges, Washing Machines, Dryers, etc - not TVs.

f1b1Klw.jpg

https://www.bestbuy....cat260800050014

Though I think your TV will probably be the same price - I see one that is $1,349.99 same brand and size so that may be it.

#83 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:40 PM

I would advise against the PDP Switch screen protector. I bought it and realized it was just plastic and people had issues with it based on youtube videos.

I ended up with a tempered glass screen protector from Techmatte (https://techmatte.com/NIN-SWTCH-GLSX2) and was happy with the purchase and cost.

Thanks for this heads up - I was thinking about getting the PDP one - been advised to get tempered glass protectors too.

#84 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   5040 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:00 PM

Is TC: Breakpoint on XB1 worth playing cause I’m about to start playing Borderlands 3 and was wondering if it was worth adding to the backlog at $10?

#85 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:30 PM

Ordered :switch: Story of Seasons FoMT and :ps4: Ys Memories of Celceta. Tried my luck in store first to see if they had any pre-order bonus copies of SoS left, but no such luck.

#86 SosaSJ01  

SosaSJ01

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:34 AM

Crossing my fingers but I just wanna get hollow knight for $15 physical for the switch

#87 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:40 AM

Is a TV considered as a major appliance? If it is part of the "Most products" line then it would be until Jan 16th (I'm assuming this is for regular customers too since they divided Elite and Elite plus into two different categories too)

Edit: Apparently Major appliances mean Fridges, Washing Machines, Dryers, etc - not TVs.

f1b1Klw.jpg

https://www.bestbuy....cat260800050014

Though I think your TV will probably be the same price - I see one that is $1,349.99 same brand and size so that may be it.

Thank you

#88 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:10 AM

I’d be cross about ordering that a week and a half ago from Amazon for $25 if I hadn’t had the $10 credit from the Prime Day top up promotion and it hadn’t come late and they’d given me $30 credit to make up for it.

It's good that Amazon made up for the making the mistake. After the credit it's like getting the keyboard for free which is cool. I dislike buying something only for it end up on sale for a cheaper price a short time later, lol.

#89 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:48 AM

Hoping NFS: HP Remastered will be on sale for XB1 as well.

Hopefully it just goes straight to Game Pass with the rest of EA games next month.

#90 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:54 PM

Hopefully it just goes straight to Game Pass with the rest of EA games next month.

Forgot about this possibility, we will see a week from today.