* * * * * 4 votes

Target's Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale Starts Nov. 8th.

#451 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 19 November 2020 - 01:58 AM

No go with target chat. Demon souls is all I want maaaaan

#452 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:52 AM

My AC:Valhalla finally shipped but it’s only at the shipping label phase. I’m assuming it’s a placeholder but it’s scheduled to arrive on Thanksgiving, lol.

#453 Bosshog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:37 AM

So I want to return one of the items I got because I found a better deal. I remember hearing last year that you could just get a refund on the item. That still possible? If not can I at least exchange it for another $60 game?

#454 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10214 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:07 AM

I was gonna maybe go to the one store in town that got MK11U for PS5 and get them to make this deal work but not being able to use one of my PS4 controllers to play with people in the same room means I can wait for an actual sale (on it or another controller).

Plus this mess:
https://www.thegamer...oying-ps5-xbox/

Interesting read. Not sure why that article has Xbox in the URL. I didn’t have any of those issues with the Series X. Upgrade installed perfectly. Guess maybe the “smart delivery” works? And gotta say it looks fantastic and plays amazingly smooth.

#455 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:28 AM

Including the DLC content in a voucher and only giving you a disc for the main game is something that's been happening for... Forever. I pretty much expect it. It's a thing in a ton of games. Spiderman, Nier Automata, Spyro Remastered, the FFX remaster... Tons of stuff doesn't fit everything on the disk. Is it a strategy to keep you from buying used? Probably. Does that suck? Sure. Is this worth writing an article about and pretending to be surprised? No.

#456 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:46 AM

So I want to return one of the items I got because I found a better deal. I remember hearing last year that you could just get a refund on the item. That still possible? If not can I at least exchange it for another $60 game?

You will have an easier time returning than swapping out for another game. 

If you bought 3 equally priced games you will get back 1/3 of the total amount you paid. 

#457 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:31 AM

My AC:Valhalla finally shipped but it’s only at the shipping label phase. I’m assuming it’s a placeholder but it’s scheduled to arrive on Thanksgiving, lol.

Same, just got the notification. About time!

#458 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:36 AM

If you paid $60 for it and isn’t a part of b2g1 promo then u can swap it out easily. If not, there’s low chances of customer service manually adjusting it for you

#459 dastly75   Resident Squirrel CAGiversary!   3563 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:17 PM

lmao ordered Miles Morales on November 9, they shipped it via UPS smartpost yesterday. It was scheduled for delivery on November 22. I upgraded it to UPS Ground via My UPS and now the shipping delivery date is November 25.  

#460 ayuchan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:43 PM

lmao ordered Miles Morales on November 9, they shipped it via UPS smartpost yesterday. It was scheduled for delivery on November 22. I upgraded it to UPS Ground via My UPS and now the shipping delivery date is November 25.  

I think this convinced me not to go for the one year UPS upgrade. Still waiting on a package that was handed over from UPS to USPS 3 days ago, so far the status did not update on the USPS website. Hoping I will get my game till Saturday..

#461 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2897 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:47 PM

Interesting read. Not sure why that article has Xbox in the URL. I didn’t have any of those issues with the Series X. Upgrade installed perfectly. Guess maybe the “smart delivery” works? And gotta say it looks fantastic and plays amazingly smooth.

I'm thinking about just getting it for SX instead. The Aftermath story mode is a separate part of the game, right? Not looking to finish the main campaign again.

#462 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:16 AM

I might try one last time with target chat to get demon souls with b2g1 but I’m starting to feel like they actually know if you’ve contacted them before. Every rep says demons souls not eligible blah blah blah

#463 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13252 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:38 AM

Maybe they finally trained their employees on the exclusions for this sale? ;)

#464 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:24 AM

Maybe they finally trained their employees on the exclusions for this sale? ;)

Yeah since it’s been goin on for 2 weeks now and they’re probably tired of everyone contacting them lol

#465 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2458 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:56 AM

Easiest thing to do without the hassle or hoops to jump through would be to rebuy the two titles you're keeping plus the new third title, and then return all three titles from the first purchase/receipt.

#466 MasterX   LSU CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:01 AM

Targets shipping is all over the place.

I had 3 different orders, one took 3 days, another took 9 and another took 10.

#467 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:18 AM

I got a phone chat rep to manually do Ac Valhalla ps5, balan Wonderware ps5 and mortal kombat 11 ps5 yesterday. Now to drop some other pre orders

#468 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:49 AM

I got a phone chat rep to manually do Ac Valhalla ps5, balan Wonderware ps5 and mortal kombat 11 ps5 yesterday. Now to drop some other pre orders

How? They always tell me this ___ item is not eligible

#469 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:42 AM

How? They always tell me this ___ item is not eligible

I tried a chat rep and they denied me, but offered me 20% off my order. Then I called and spoke with someone, told them an earlier rep got disconnected w me and he was sympathetic so he manually adjusted the order after making me place it.

#470 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:50 PM

I tried a chat rep and they denied me, but offered me 20% off my order. Then I called and spoke with someone, told them an earlier rep got disconnected w me and he was sympathetic so he manually adjusted the order after making me place it.

You’re lucky at least you’re getting a 20% off offer I’ve only encountered 1 nice guy named Nick who’s a gamer himself. No luck tho. Guess I’ll have to try by phone.

#471 Jimbo504   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:30 PM

You’re lucky at least you’re getting a 20% off offer I’ve only encountered 1 nice guy named Nick who’s a gamer himself. No luck tho. Guess I’ll have to try by phone.

I got them to give me 20% off my order of MM, DeS, and Cyberpunk, and then yesterday, I got a chat rep to include Ghost of Tsushima for me. Just tell them you guess you won't be buying any games and they might give it to you.