* * * * * 4 votes

Target's Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale Starts Nov. 8th.

#61 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5713 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:00 PM

Target has a Circle promo that nets you a $15 gc if you make 3 separate $70+ purchases between November 5 and 21st. Might be worth stacking with the B2G1 ... if you add something that bumps you over $70, even with the cancellation of 1 or 2 games, it should still qualify (If your order drops below $70 after cancelling/returns, the promo states it may not count.)

#62 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:13 PM

Target has a Circle promo that nets you a $15 gc if you make 3 separate $70+ purchases between November 5 and 21st. Might be worth stacking with the B2G1 ... if you add something that bumps you over $70, even with the cancellation of 1 or 2 games, it should still qualify (If your order drops below $70 after cancelling/returns, the promo states it may not count.)

Given that this is a brand new promo from them, I would expect that even if you return items that the trigger condition will not be reversed. I’d bet if you ordered and canceled even immediately that it will give us the promo lol. Starbucks has regular promotions like this for stars, and that is a abusable as well if you know what you’re doing.

#63 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

Just to make sure I'm following you, are you saying we can place an order of three games for store pickup and then immediately cancel two of them, and ultimately go and pick up one game at the discounted price? I want to make sure that's safe if I go that route, I could see Target.com not letting me cancel because the order is being processed or is ready for pickup.

Yes, place your order and cancel whatever you don’t want immediately. Make sure that all 3 games are equal pricing for the maximum discount as well.

#64 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:23 PM

I couldn't find the Target Circle deal. Could it be targeted?

#65 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:26 PM

I couldn't find the Target Circle deal. Could it be targeted?

It’s a pop up in the app, but does have a deal page. Just make sure you’re using circle when you order or shop at Target and you’re fine. The qualifications are random per account though, so YMMV.

#66 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:39 PM

It’s a pop up in the app, but does have a dedicated URL. Just make sure you’re using circle when you order or shop at Target and you’re fine.

039ObBJ.png

twIcGaZ.png

#67 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:41 PM

That pic is a little blurry does this include ps5 games? Kind of looks like godfall is one of the titles.

#68 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:41 PM

Polar time I bought something over $50 it automatically added to my qualifying purchases I didn’t have to scan wallet. Is this automatic? It was instore and used my redcard

#69 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5713 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

Must be semi-targeted because here in CA it’s $70 ... not $60 or $50 ... figures 😝

#70 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:47 PM

That pic is a little blurry does this include ps5 games? Kind of looks like godfall is one of the titles.

target has the actual ad up now on their website

#71 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:48 PM

Must be semi-targeted because here in CA it’s $70 ... not $60 or $50 ... figures

my offer is $10 for two $50 purchases in Ohio

#72 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:00 PM

Polar time I bought something over $50 it automatically added to my qualifying purchases I didn’t have to scan wallet. Is this automatic? It was instore and used my redcard

It's card or scan. When they did the last $15 3 purchase promo I forgot to scan and used my card but it still ticked off credit a little later. I think the card maybe just updates a little slower than using the app.

#73 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:21 PM

I hope this deal includes all ps5 games. I was planning on getting Spider-Man, demon souls, and getting a free copy of godfall would be great. I’m not sure i want to pay full price for godfall.

#74 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1606 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:40 PM

Shit, I always thought it was ALL games? Maybe that was just TRU? #RIPToysRUs

#75 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:41 PM

I find it bizarre that the AC Valhalla Gold Edition that is the physical PS5 version has all its preorders sold out already. I don’t mind getting the PS4 version for this B2G1 deal (if it works), but it’s weird that specific PS5 version is gone everywhere.

#76 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:06 AM

I have no clue to be honest.

#77 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:42 AM

It's card or scan. When they did the last $15 3 purchase promo I forgot to scan and used my card but it still ticked off credit a little later. I think the card maybe just updates a little slower than using the app.

Idk but I just checked my purchase history and I bought an item on October 12, the promo was still goin on at the time

#78 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:52 AM

It used to be all games. They changed it maybe 2-3 years ago.

#79 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:55 AM

My Target offer is also 10 dollars off if you spend 50, but it's not a 10 dollar gift card, it's Target Circle earnings which I figure is more like a coupon, and less like a gift card.

#80 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 06 November 2020 - 01:10 AM

Anyone know if I can return and rebuy my ps5 to target and use my redcard to save 5% as long as I do it before black friday? And will I just need the receipt and/or the box? It’d be a hassle to put the console back in the box lol

#81 HustlerKid   Im just here for the comments CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

HustlerKid

Posted 06 November 2020 - 10:59 AM

So if I'm reading this this right I have to wait until the 12th to order ps5 games? The ad says preorders are excluded.

#82 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 06 November 2020 - 11:04 AM

So if I'm reading this this right I have to wait until the 12th to order ps5 games? The ad says preorders are excluded.

Yes, but who knows, sometimes pre orders are able to go through these promos. But yeah I’d wait till the 12th or later so u have more options

#83 thegame956   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

thegame956

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:56 PM

Anyone know if the digital game cards also work with this deal ?

#84 DoWhatYouWant  

DoWhatYouWant

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

Just to be clear on that "make 3 $__+ purchases, get $__ Target Circle credit" promo that expires at 11:59 PM on November 21, it may NOT work on orders that include preorder items released AFTER November 21, since an order isn't considered processed until ALL items have the status "shipped" or "available for pickup."

Just to test it out, I placed a $60+ order with only pickup, and another $60+ order with both pickup and shipping.  I received the first check mark when the first order was processed and available for pickup.  I did not receive the second check mark when the pickup items were processed and available for pickup but the items to be shipped are still waiting to be processed.

#85 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:12 PM

Sorry to break it for everyone but looks like Spider-Man and demon souls will not be included. If you look at the PS5 page in the add there’s a small disclaimer at the bottom saying first-party Sony games excluded from the promotion.

#86 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:29 PM

Sorry to break it for everyone but looks like Spider-Man and demon souls will not be included. If you look at the PS5 page in the add there’s a small disclaimer at the bottom saying first-party Sony games excluded from the promotion.

Darn wanted those 2 to get godfall for free. While I think gf is kind of cool, I can see it being a bargain bin game in a few months with a limited community on ps5.

#87 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:30 PM

I hope this deal includes all ps5 games. I was planning on getting Spider-Man, demon souls, and getting a free copy of godfall would be great. I’m not sure i want to pay full price for godfall.

FYI, Godfall has been revealed to be a console timed exclusive if that matters. Even more incentive for me to wait on reviews and hopefully get picked up on Game Pass in April next year once things are patched.

#88 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

FYI, Godfall has been revealed to be a console timed exclusive if that matters. Even more incentive for me to wait on reviews and hopefully get picked up on Game Pass in April next year once things are patched.

I don’t have a gaming pc and I’m not into streaming games (yet). I do plan on getting a series x when I can.

#89 Leonard Shelby  

Leonard Shelby

Posted 06 November 2020 - 07:22 PM

Given that this is a brand new promo from them, I would expect that even if you return items that the trigger condition will not be reversed. I’d bet if you ordered and canceled even immediately that it will give us the promo lol. Starbucks has regular promotions like this for stars, and that is a abusable as well if you know what you’re doing.

I recently qualified for the 3 $60 purchases and earned a $15 Target Circle offer. When I returned my last $60 purchase, I noticed my $15 bonus was reduced. This was recently about two weeks ago. I don't know if the $70 offer will do the same but just a heads up.

#90 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3104 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 06 November 2020 - 07:40 PM

I recently qualified for the 3 $60 purchases and earned a $15 Target Circle offer. When I returned my last $60 purchase, I noticed my $15 bonus was reduced. This was recently about two weeks ago. I don't know if the $70 offer will do the same but just a heads up.

We're well past the point where companies can't figure this stuff out before they offer them. Target has always been able to terminate GCs associated with special promos. I don't know why ppl think this would work otherwise.