* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#6331 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38865 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

I'm still waiting for them to release a package or a bundle with all of the pixel remasters that released on Steam last year.  I guess that we have the series 35th anniversary coming up in just nine days on Dec. 18!  I expect some sort of compilation set to be announced then.   It better not be price gouged for $300+   But seriously, put those pixel remasters on a PS disc set.  and Switch.

This, and also announcing the FFIX remake and/or FF Tactics remaster from the NVidia leak to finish that off.

#6332 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2022 - 07:26 PM

Star Wars Jedi Survivor CE at LRG.

An absurd $300. Hard pass. Comes with steelbook and light saber hilt replica, but no blade.

https://limitedrunga...vor?dt_id=88413

I don't know it's that absurd.  A hilt, at least a good quality one (current FX, legacy or Ultra Sabres), is going to be $200-249 w/o blade, sometimes more depending on character.  Maybe consider the extra stuff (steelbook, Obi-Wan DLC) plus $90 MSRP for the Deluxe version.  So to me, its not that far off unless you wait for the eventual price drop on the physical.

I wonder what type of quality and if there will be basic sounds included.  There is not much info in the description of the sabre.  Anyone have any experience with LRG's physical extras?

#6333 dualrec  

Posted 09 December 2022 - 08:49 PM

I just remembered I'm STILL waiting on Shadow Warrior 3 from SRG... think I'm done ordering from them.

#6334 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 09 December 2022 - 11:53 PM

and put a final Street Fighter V complete edition on physical disc / cart, ya dinguses. It's over; you milked it till the end.

Speaking of milking, Fighterz needs to put all their dlc into the disc

#6335 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 10 December 2022 - 12:20 AM

Speaking of milking, Fighterz needs to put all their dlc into the disc

I'm still hoping for a Soul Calibur 6 complete edition...and hoping that in the future Guilty Gear Strive gets one, but I doubt it.  At least these fighting game companies are helping me save $$$.

#6336 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   25049 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2022 - 12:49 AM

I just remembered I'm STILL waiting on Shadow Warrior 3 from SRG... think I'm done ordering from them.

Product page says est shipping is Feb 2023, not sure that's new or was it always then? 

#6337 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 10 December 2022 - 01:02 AM

I'm still hoping for a Soul Calibur 6 complete edition...and hoping that in the future Guilty Gear Strive gets one, but I doubt it. At least these fighting game companies are helping me save $$$.

True once I have a vanilla copy of the game I wait for a complete edition and don’t usually buy season 1 pass or season 2 pass. I want em all in one

#6338 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2022 - 01:17 AM

I put one of the big Play Arts figures (with the bike) in my cart to get an estimated shipping cost of FF XVI CE and it was $35.99. Given that the JPN one is about $280, I bet ours will be $300. That ends up being about $360 total for me with tax.

#6339 dualrec  

Posted 10 December 2022 - 06:28 AM

Product page says est shipping is Feb 2023, not sure that's new or was it always then?

Pretty sure it was originally this year at least, but been so long I forget.

#6340 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

Not a CE, but switch crisis core steelbook pre-order bonus in stock at Bestbuy.  Know that selling out initially caught a few people off guard.  I believe the switch steelbook is switch size with a cart insert instead of the standard G2 that has been used for some other recent switch releases.  No ps4 or ps5 steelbook restock stock yet.  In other news, got my PS5 copy plus steelbook early!  Too bad I can’t start it anytime soon though.

#6341 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 10 December 2022 - 08:09 PM

Not a CE, but switch crisis core steelbook pre-order bonus in stock at Bestbuy.  Know that selling out initially caught a few people off guard.  I believe the switch steelbook is switch size with a cart insert instead of the standard G2 that has been used for some other recent switch releases.  No ps4 or ps5 steelbook restock stock yet.  In other news, got my PS5 copy plus steelbook early!  Too bad I can’t start it anytime soon though.

G2 size was delivered today in a box.  No damage.

Callisto CE finally shipped from Skybound.  They took their sweet time.  PS5 and X1 still in stock with them.  I'll update when it's in.  Saw a video on the sketchbook and it's just a 4 page comic and not much of an artbook.

#6342 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   25049 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2022 - 08:27 PM

G2 size was delivered today in a box.  No damage.

You already got your Crisis Core steelbook? Crazy, thought release date is next week... 

#6343 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8291 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 10 December 2022 - 08:29 PM

I think it is sold out again not seeing in cart.

#6344 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 10 December 2022 - 08:42 PM

I think it is sold out again not seeing in cart.

Probably depends on location.  I just added Switch Crisis core to cart and the Steelbook was added.

#6345 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8291 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 10 December 2022 - 08:46 PM

Weird, now I am seeing the Swtich Steelbook.

#6346 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 10 December 2022 - 09:50 PM

You already got your Crisis Core steelbook? Crazy, thought release date is next week... 

Yep.  I got it without the game, so maybe that's why it was quicker?

#6347 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13690 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2022 - 02:21 AM

Seems like most of these new larger CEs are getting released at $250-$300 prices, and at those prices I am out, even for game series I am a fan of.  Would much prefer a $100 CE with steelbook, soundtrack and art book.

#6348 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 11 December 2022 - 02:36 AM

Gotta love stolen packages. Guessing there’s no way to get that $ back

Just contacted the retailer and they said they’ll contact the carrier. There was a proof of delivery pic but they didn’t ask for signature. If I don’t receive it within 48 hours they said they’ll refund me. Not gonna get my hopes up lol

#6349 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   25049 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2022 - 03:08 AM

Seems like most of these new larger CEs are getting released at $250-$300 prices, and at those prices I am out, even for game series I am a fan of.  Would much prefer a $100 CE with steelbook, soundtrack and art book.

For $100, you can have a steelbook case, game*, soundtrack*, artbook* and DLC content. 

*Content is digital, internet required. 

#6350 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 11 December 2022 - 04:10 AM

So can anyone confirm that the best buy steelbook for crisis core on switch is indeed a switch steelbook?

#6351 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8291 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 11 December 2022 - 04:20 AM

Yes, it is a Switch size steelbook.

#6352 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 11 December 2022 - 07:25 AM

Seems like most of these new larger CEs are getting released at $250-$300 prices, and at those prices I am out, even for game series I am a fan of. Would much prefer a $100 CE with steelbook, soundtrack and art book.

I want to wait for reviews first, but it sounds like the CE for wanted: dead will scratch that itch.

#6353 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 11 December 2022 - 04:29 PM

It's crazy to me that companies will pull this, and yet NISA is putting consistently putting out $70-$110 QUALITY collector's editions. And those are for series that won't sell 4 million copies.  I am honestly surprised more companies aren't doing that smart thing and releasing a mid-tier CE version that just comes with a couple things for $75-$90 (The $100 FF 16 Deluxe edition is a joke and is not representative of my argument).

Base game for $60.
Deluxe edition for $80-$100 that comes with a fancy display box, game, steelbook, artbook, OST.
Special Edition for $175+ that comes with fancier box, game, steelbook, artbook, OST, statue, other trinkets.

It's not that hard, I'll never understand the need to pad out some of these CE's to push the price point over $250.  At that point just sell statue's individually (Blizzard has shown with the Overwatch statues that people WILL buy them) and just do a deluxe edition of the game if you want to do a special version.

#6354 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 19.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:34 PM

That Final Fantasy XVI deluxe edition is so disappointing. Final Fantasy VII Remake deluxe edition included a steelbook, mini soundtrack CD, Cactaur DLC and hardback artbook for 79.99, and then there was an Amazon coupon that brought it down to 55.99.

#6355 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:37 PM

Thought I had secured a switch steelbook for FFVII Crisis Core.  Had it in my cart when I placed the order, gone when I got the order confirmation.

Best Buy support is terrible and just wasted my time, so frustrating.  The page keeps flipping back and forth showing the steelbook included and sometimes not, don't see the point trying to play order lottery again.

#6356 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 11 December 2022 - 07:55 PM

Love my Sekiro CE for what? $90? So much stuff and it won GOTY.

#6357 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2022 - 01:49 AM

Yep. I got it without the game, so maybe that's why it was quicker?

Think it’s just luck of the draw. I ordered ps5 version + steelbook and a separate order switch steelbook. All arrived yesterday.

#6358 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2022 - 04:24 AM

Love my Sekiro CE for what? $90? So much stuff and it won GOTY.

Right?  $90, for a legit GOTY CE.  Actually includes the game, steelbook, metal coin trinkets from in game, statue, Artbook, cloth map.  It’s only fault may be that the included soundtrack is digital, and it’s a mini artbook.  Still, all that, in a nice CE box, for $30 more.  For a great game that will probably not get much other merchandise anytime soon.  Takes me back to the days of working design’s CEs.

#6359 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:40 PM

I.....don't even want that statue. The art box is asdf'ing sweet though! and would great in a detolf next to the FFXV Ultimate Collectors Edition box.

I'm still waiting for them to release a package or a bundle with all of the pixel remasters that released on Steam last year. I guess that we have the series 35th anniversary coming up in just nine days on Dec. 18! I expect some sort of compilation set to be announced then. It better not be price gouged for $300+ But seriously, put those pixel remasters on a PS disc set. and Switch.

Looks like the pixel remasters are coming to switch and ps4

https://twitter.com/...Y-rdE6zBwuyrDwQ

#6360 MChain  

Posted 12 December 2022 - 07:06 PM

Received the PS4 Crisis Core game & steelbook a day early, nice.