* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#121 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:28 PM

As much as I would have loved to get a Bravely Default 2 Collector's Edition, BBY is offering a pre-order bonus with the regular edition.  (There will probably be a big ol art book through Dark Horse sometime in the future like the other games)

Looks like it's a place-mat and some coasters?

Bravely Default 2.png

#122 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:32 PM

https://www.shopto.n...er's Fury HP XL

Up on shopto and they do ship to USA if anyone wants the steelbook

Thanks, ordered one!

They did add the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee ones after the games had been out for a year, but as far as I can tell that was a fluke. Can't think of any other situations where it's happened, at least. I was hoping for it to happen again on Luigi's Mansion 3 but that never came to fruition.

Yup, and that's done with the sole purpose of trying to sell more copies of the game at full price months after release.   Here you can secure the steelbook right away.  It's a good deal, and my order came out to $54.21 with international shipping. 

#123 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:34 PM

As much as I love the Bravely Default art style, that is a pretty terrible representation and manifestation of it. 

#124 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:12 AM

They did add the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee ones after the games had been out for a year, but as far as I can tell that was a fluke. Can't think of any other situations where it's happened, at least. I was hoping for it to happen again on Luigi's Mansion 3 but that never came to fruition.

Yep, but the situation is different with that and here. With let's go, they never offered an bonus item initially. Here they are, which is why I'm pretty convinced it's doubtful they will suddenly add or switch a steelbook in.

I would love to be wrong, but historically, Best Buy tends to follow their their precedents.

#125 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:26 AM

I believe the Mario kart steelbook was also offered after release date

#126 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15031 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:27 AM

Thoughts on the big edition of Scott Pilgrim from Limited Run?

#127 TheDeathVendor  

TheDeathVendor

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:57 AM

Thoughts on the big edition of Scott Pilgrim from Limited Run?

The KO edition? It'll be worth every penny imo. Also picked up the pin set, the trading cards, and the vinyl. Honestly, I'm going all out. I don't expect it to arrive until the second half of 2021. Might buy digital while I wait :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#128 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:09 AM

Well props to Nintendo for putting out the steelbook during new release week this time. 

That damned Pokemon steelbook never even got cheaper than $40 (alone) at Best Buy stores and it was there for over a year. 

#129 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:10 AM

Cheaper than US copies as well. Noice!

I thought about the Scott Pilgrim KO edition but since I've not played the game or super excited about it, I'll pass.  Really anything from LRG sounds cool at first, but the long waits and big prices help me lose interest pretty fast.

Edit: Does Shopto show the steelbook in the pre-order anywhere or we just gotta believe it'll show up? :p

#130 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1524 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:34 AM

Cheaper than US copies as well. Noice!

I thought about the Scott Pilgrim KO edition but since I've not played the game or super excited about it, I'll pass. Really anything from LRG sounds cool at first, but the long waits and big prices help me lose interest pretty fast.

Edit: Does Shopto show the steelbook in the pre-order anywhere or we just gotta believe it'll show up? :p

Screenshot_20210116-213608_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210116-213323_Chrome.jpg

#131 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:11 AM

I mean in your order status.  I'm kinda spoiled by Best Buy showing the steelbook as an order item with tracking.

#132 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:13 AM

Never buying anything from unlimited run games, hey guys limited to 1500 copies, no 2500 copies, no 3500 copies, no wait 5000 copies, actually we just have 6 week pre-order windows now but we just left our name the same.

#133 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1524 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:29 AM

https://www.amazon.c...10868531&sr=8-1

Up on Amazon UK but can be shipped to usa

#134 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6702 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:57 PM

Never buying anything from unlimited run games, hey guys limited to 1500 copies, no 2500 copies, no 3500 copies, no wait 5000 copies, actually we just have 6 week pre-order windows now but we just left our name the same.

There are a lot of reasons not to buy from LRG, but the idea that consumer friendly policies like open preorders for a set period of time is one of them is really just stupid.  Also, maybe check the dictionary for the definition of "limited".

#135 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:46 PM

Doubtful. BBY usually only offers one incentive bonus item and for this they're already offering the Cat Mario keychain/pin

They could offer it down the line when there is a lull in sales. Animal Crossing has already had multiple promo items with the preorder Bell bag, the cleaning cloth and then the Christmas stocking.

#136 Leonard Shelby  

Leonard Shelby

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:55 PM

Thanks I pre-ordered one. My son is gonna love this game! He's been loving the Switch ever since I introduced him to gaming with it.

#137 jetsetmario   I hate fun. CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

jetsetmario

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:40 PM

It looks like this is no longer available for US shipping.  When I add it to my cart I receive a message that says "This item is not available in your country." 

#138 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24082 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:56 AM

It looks like this is no longer available for US shipping.  When I add it to my cart I receive a message that says "This item is not available in your country." 

I tried buying it this morning with two diff credit cards and got the error saying my card declined the transaction... which isn't true because both credit cards show a 1 cent charge/refund. Was hoping it was a temp error but should have figured it would have been OOS. 

#139 GrilledWitOnions   Thrillhouse! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

GrilledWitOnions

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:42 AM

I tried buying it this morning with two diff credit cards and got the error saying my card declined the transaction... which isn't true because both credit cards show a 1 cent charge/refund. Was hoping it was a temp error but should have figured it would have been OOS.

It may be coincidence, but I was having the same error about my credit card until I turned off the VPN on my phone. I thought my bank was just autodeclining because of it. However, if you're not using a VPN it might be more what you said and I just got lucky right after turning mine off.

#140 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2894 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:57 AM

Sigh. Missed out on ShopTo....

#141 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

You guys know there’s a LIMITED RUN thread this argument could be happening in right?

#142 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24082 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:45 PM

It may be coincidence, but I was having the same error about my credit card until I turned off the VPN on my phone. I thought my bank was just autodeclining because of it. However, if you're not using a VPN it might be more what you said and I just got lucky right after turning mine off.

No VPN. Both of my credit cards show the transaction, it wasn't declined, I think Shopto just wanted to not approve the order. 

#143 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11585 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:40 PM

As much as I would have loved to get a Bravely Default 2 Collector's Edition, BBY is offering a pre-order bonus with the regular edition.  (There will probably be a big ol art book through Dark Horse sometime in the future like the other games)

Looks like it's a place-mat and some coasters?

attachicon.gifBravely Default 2.png

I actually have a spare BD2CE if you're interested.  I don't remember why I bought it but I sure don't need 2.

#144 Leonard Shelby  

Leonard Shelby

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:32 PM

I know your cc got declined but when I got my preorder in yesterday I also got the 1 cent charge and 1 cent refund. I selected to be charged on release date though.

#145 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24082 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:46 PM

I know your cc got declined but when I got my preorder in yesterday I also got the 1 cent charge and 1 cent refund. I selected to be charged on release date though.

Hm... maybe that was why (though I thought I selected pay on release but maybe I didn't) but then it seems odd the charge was for 1 cent and not the full amount. 

#146 Trakan  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:44 PM

Do not insult other users.  Consider this a warning.

Repeat offenders will be banned.

#147 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1524 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:08 AM

https://jeux-video.f...Nintendo-Switch

https://jeux-video.f...che Article|BL1
Here's the game link
Up on fnac France website not sure if it could be international shipping?

#148 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15258 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:34 AM

https://jeux-video.f...Nintendo-Switch

Up on fnac France website not sure if it could be international shipping?

Would be great if that worked. That's only $38 or so.

EDIT: Alright, that link is for just the steelbook. The game itself is 50 euros, and then you add the steelbook for free. I'm assuming you'll get both cases, with about $15 shipping internationally. Nintendo Switch carts are not region-locked, but the regular case may be in French. Pretty sure this will be multilingual. It's about $70 to have it shipped to me.

#149 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1524 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:50 AM

Would be great if that worked. That's only $38 or so.

EDIT: Alright, that link is for just the steelbook. The game itself is 50 euros, and then you add the steelbook for free. I'm assuming you'll get both cases, with about $15 shipping internationally. Nintendo Switch carts are not region-locked, but the regular case may be in French. Pretty sure this will be multilingual. It's about $70 to have it shipped to me.

Pretty much you can confirm for international shipping?

#150 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15258 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

Pretty much you can confirm for international shipping?

International addresses are supported and international shipping is an option. No mention is made about domestic-only, like on Shopto. So yes, I would say that this will be shipped on release day to wherever you pay to have it shipped. No guarantee on how long after release it'll get to you from France, given current shipping provider delays, however.