* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#2071 2changz  

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:22 PM

Did anyone here use shop4megastore for their skyward sword steelbook and did you get any tracking update? I didn’t have an account, just used paypal but cannot find any info on the actual order.

#2072 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:08 PM

Screenshot_20210720-063350_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Wtf for real. Oh well at least my other ordered shipped. Makes me wonder if they over sold the skyward sword steelbook bundle or something.

Woke up to the same cancellation email, so I placed an order with shop4megastore since they had a few left to order, pretty upset after I’ve been so patient waiting for it to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2073 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1594 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:44 PM

20210720_163805.jpg

Anyone was wondering what the amazob jp exclusive cloth with the joycons with the size looks like.

#2074 wolf96  

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:32 AM

skyward sword bundle.jpg

Got my joycons from Amazon.it and also got my Skyward Sword bundle from Game that my buddy who lives in the UK bought for me. It's a good day

#2075 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4310 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:52 AM

skyward sword bundle.jpg

Got my joycons from Amazon.it and also got my Skyward Sword bundle from Game that my buddy who lives in the UK bought for me. It's a good day

That steelbook looks dope

#2076 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:52 AM

skyward sword bundle.jpg

Mine comes Thursday from Amazon.it. but I scored 2 sets of joycon at a local Walmart for $69 each the other day so now I dunno what to do

#2077 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:01 PM

For those who ordered Zelda + Steelbook from ShopTo, how much did they end up charging? I got the email at the beginning of the month saying it dropped from $112 to $84 but now when I look at my invoice it still charged $112 and my ShopTo account shows it is empty. Did anyone else have this happen?

#2078 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:43 PM

For those who ordered Zelda + Steelbook from ShopTo, how much did they end up charging? I got the email at the beginning of the month saying it dropped from $112 to $84 but now when I look at my invoice it still charged $112 and my ShopTo account shows it is empty. Did anyone else have this happen?

Same.  It did add like $12 to my balance for a while, but it went away. I should have the game tomorrow or Friday. Same for the amazon.it Joy Cons. 

I got another respond from Bandai that my Scarlet Nexus is finally about to be shipped.  It only took a month.

#2079 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2417 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:00 PM

im really enjoying skyward sword; plays really well since they got rid of the mandatory motion controls.

I tried playing it on Wii 10 years ago (jeez has it really been that long???) and just could not get into having to swing the wiimote every which way every 5 seconds.

#2080 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:48 PM

im really enjoying skyward sword; plays really well since they got rid of the mandatory motion controls.

I tried playing it on Wii 10 years ago (jeez has it really been that long???) and just could not get into having to swing the wiimote every which way every 5 seconds.

Interesting, every review I watched said the manual controls are really awkward and they went back to motion controls.

My wii mote never calibrated right when I tried playing it on Wii. It took me a half an hour to be able to perform a diagonal slash in the opening tutorial and I said there's just no way this is going to work having to complete a whole game with my controls this imprecise. So I shelved it and never went back to it.

#2081 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:51 AM

In case anyone still need Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword JoyCon, Amazon ES has it for 67.63 € / $81.72 USD shipped

https://www.amazon.e...YVPFBWXBL&psc=1

#2082 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:58 PM

Apparently some (most?) NIS boxed CEs and limited editions appear identical from the outside for multiple regions?  Bought one online from a US based reseller, examined pictures, title and description carefully.  It was identical to the US version from all angles, no region code anywhere, and no mention of not being US region, so of course I assumed that was what I was buying.  Guy has it up on multiple sites, same thing, he said he got a bunch of them from an overseas distributor, so he knows it’s not US region.  How do you not mention that, unless trying to scam people that will not open the sealed CE and never know?  

Seems to have connections with limited run and NIS distribution, that’s all of his listings.  Huckster shipped it with media mail as well, which he has enough experience to know is mail fraud.  Can be opened and inspected, confiscated and disposed of, or buyer may be forced to pay the additional postage that he skipped out on.  He has thousands of sales, based on current listings, mostly boxed CEs that would appear to be US region, but are probably a mystery region.  Funnily enough though, only time he does mention region, is when the item is US region, probably since he knows that is a selling point for most, or the region code is visible in pictures, then he adds “this will work on all regions systems”.  Even then online functions and dlc may not be compatible though.

Guy knows what he is doing, and doesn’t care.  Needless to say, he has been nasty to deal with.  I saw discussion about potential scams and fraud with sealed Limited Run CEs, that most would never even know what was actually inside.  This is one thing to watch out for with NIS CEs I guess.

#2083 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4310 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:01 PM

Apparently some (most?) NIS boxed CEs and limited editions appear identical from the outside for multiple regions? Bought one online from a US based reseller, examined pictures, title and description carefully. It was identical to the US version from all angles, no region code anywhere, and no mention of not being US region, so of course I assumed that was what I was buying. Guy has it up on multiple sites, same thing, he said he got a bunch of them from an overseas distributor, so he knows it’s not US region. How do you not mention that, unless trying to scam people that will not open the sealed CE and never know? Seems to have connections with limited run and NIS distribution, that’s all of his listings, it doesn’t just seem to be personal sales. He shipped it with media mail as well, which he has enough experience to know is mail fraud. Can be opened and inspected, confiscated and disposed of, or buyer may be forced to pay the additional postage that he skipped out on. He has thousands of sales, based on current listings, mostly boxed CEs that are a mystery region. Funnily enough though, only time he does mention region, is when the item is US region, since he knows that is a selling point for most, or the region code is visible in pictures, then he adds “this will work on all regions systems”. Even then online functions and dlc may not be compatible though.

Guy knows what he is doing, and doesn’t care. Needless to say, he has been nasty to deal with. I saw discussion about potential scams and fraud with sealed Limited Run CEs, that most would never even know what was actually inside. This is one thing to watch out for with NIS CEs I guess.

That's super shady. If you bought off eBay with PayPal then you should have no problem getting your money back, just gotta jump through the hoops. Hope you get it sorted.

#2084 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3295 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:07 PM

Well if the listing was marked as ntsc region, then yes it would be an easy claim.  My guess is the shady seller just gave no region description at all.  Intentionally misleading.

And yeah, my recent nisa LE's have come in a generic outer box.  Saves on manufacturing with multiple platform releases and possibly avoids potential censorship issues.

#2085 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2924 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:08 PM

Very disappointing to hear. Should just be upfront about that IMO and then people who wouldn't want it avoid the item and those who don't mind will still buy it and it ends up being less hassle for all. Best of luck, hopefully PayPal can help you get this right.

#2086 toska  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:19 PM

people are scum bout this sorta thing
i stopped buying 3ds games on amazon cause all listings are packed with UAE games being sold as NTSC
i even ask them if theyre ntsc and they lie in the message saying oh it works on american consoles

#2087 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:23 PM

My amazon it joy cons came in and were in good condition despite the box being scrunched on one side.  The flap was bent down a bit, but not bad.   Shopto zelda steelbook was in a bubble mailer but was perfect.

#2088 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:01 PM

Guy knows what he is doing, and doesn’t care.  Needless to say, he has been nasty to deal with.  I saw discussion about potential scams and fraud with sealed Limited Run CEs, that most would never even know what was actually inside.  This is one thing to watch out for with NIS CEs I guess.

It never really occured to me before but people could easily pull scams on LRG CEs by just gutting contents and placing it with similar weighted stuff inside and then re-seal it, given how cheap/low quality their seals on on CEs. 

people are scum bout this sorta thing
i stopped buying 3ds games on amazon cause all listings are packed with UAE games being sold as NTSC
i even ask them if theyre ntsc and they lie in the message saying oh it works on american consoles

Holy shit, thought I was the only one. Pisses me off to no end when I want an NTSC version, go to the NTSC listing to order an NTSC version, and then get sent a "world edition" or whatever it is. 

#2089 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, his response has been “too bad, should have asked, no returns, you made a mistake, live and learn.”   It’s been fun hearing him whine about the few bucks he would be out on shipping though, because of “my” mistake.  What makes it even more ridiculous, is I did send him a message immediately with purchase.  I’ve only bought a few NIS CEs, but they have had a little blue or red “for home device / for hybrid device” sticker on the outside of the packaging.  I thought I could I see it laying in the background in one of his pictures.  Not that I really care about it, but went ahead and asked if he could include that if it was one of those stickers.  I added, “and this is US region, right?”  There was nothing other than the missing sticker to make me question anything about the listing, and that could be easily explained, but I still added that confirmation anyway.  Just to be safe.  Took him a few days to ship the item, he had plenty of time but never responded.  Claims that means I knew it wasn’t US region, and keeps saying I didn’t ask until after shipping, which is a lie…really bizarre.  I’m not too worried about getting my money back, but a little worried about my sanity and view of human kind.  Just kidding, know he’s just a bad apple, not gonna let him spoil the bunch.  Thanks all.

#2090 toska  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:11 PM

Holy shit, thought I was the only one. Pisses me off to no end when I want an NTSC version, go to the NTSC listing to order an NTSC version, and then get sent a "world edition" or whatever it is.

my man on amazon sold me bravely default new for $88 claimed it was ntsc
get a uae copy whivh is selling for $45

i know they expect all their buyers to be dumb but come on

#2091 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1594 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:29 PM

Finally best buy shipped out my joy cons now I'm still waiting for my skyward sword import from shop4

#2092 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:47 PM

ebay will side with you, leaving out important details is considered against the seller. They stress to be very descriptive.

I do enjoy sticking it to sellers who are dishonest and/or greedy and try to get one over on you and watch them meltdown because they were slightly inconvenienced by a few bucks. They're such dbags.

The same thing goes for the sellers who put items for like $50-$100 dollars more than the going rate because they claim theirs is in "pristine/mint condition" and when you get it, it has a bunch of dings on it. It's like I'm not one to be a stickler for condition like that, but when you charge way over the going rate because you claim your item is pristine, and it isn't, and then you get mad at me for wanting either a partial refund or to return when I paid above market value for your item, don't mislead just to pocket some extra money. Be honest. They know damn well what they're doing. They just hope you won't notice or will be too lazy to return.

#2093 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:51 PM

I also got a new tracking number for Scarlex Nexus and hopefully steelbook.  It's going UPS now and is on the move.  Prolly be next week before I get it.  That's a long wait for a pre-order of a standard edition.

#2094 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, his response has been “too bad, should have asked, no returns, you made a mistake, live and learn.”   It’s been fun hearing him whine about the few bucks he would be out on shipping though, because of “my” mistake.  What makes it even more ridiculous, is I did send him a message immediately with purchase.  I’ve only bought a few NIS CEs, but they have had a little blue or red “for home device / for hybrid device” sticker on the outside of the packaging.  I thought I could I see it laying in the background in one of his pictures.  Not that I really care about it, but went ahead and asked if he could include that if it was one of those stickers.  I added, “and this is US region, right?”  There was nothing other than the missing sticker to make me question anything about the listing, and that could be easily explained, but I still added that confirmation anyway.  Just to be safe.  Took him a few days to ship the item, he had plenty of time but never responded.  Claims that means I knew it wasn’t US region, and keeps saying I didn’t ask until after shipping, which is a lie…really bizarre.  I’m not too worried about getting my money back, but a little worried about my sanity and view of human kind.  Just kidding, know he’s just a bad apple, not gonna let him spoil the bunch.  Thanks all.

File a SNAD claim. Enough of these will either get the seller blacklisted or forced to pay 5-10% more in FVFs. Or just buy from me instead, I only sell US region stuff lol.

The US region ones will all have the red sticker that says "for hybrid device" or blue sticker that says "for home device".

It never really occured to me before but people could easily pull scams on LRG CEs by just gutting contents and placing it with similar weighted stuff inside and then re-seal it, given how cheap/low quality their seals on on CEs. 

Sent it back. Amazon charges sellers for processing returns.

#2095 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4310 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:12 PM

ebay will side with you, leaving out important details is considered against the seller. They stress to be very descriptive.

I do enjoy sticking it to sellers who are dishonest and/or greedy and try to get one over on you and watch them meltdown because they were slightly inconvenienced by a few bucks. They're such dbags.

The same thing goes for the sellers who put items for like $50-$100 dollars more than the going rate because they claim theirs is in "pristine/mint condition" and when you get it, it has a bunch of dings on it. It's like I'm not one to be a stickler for condition like that, but when you charge way over the going rate because you claim your item is pristine, and it isn't, and then you get mad at me for wanting either a partial refund or to return when I paid above market value for your item, don't mislead just to pocket some extra money. Be honest. They know damn well what they're doing. They just hope you won't notice or will be too lazy to return.

Yeah I had a seller clearly label their listing as the game being brand new, pictures show brand new. I get it and it's opened and dlc code was used. Messaged him about it and he told me to suck a d*ck. Filed a claim and he never responded to it and got refunded. It wasn't a super expensive game, but as you mention you gotta stick it to sellers that are dishonest.

#2096 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 23 July 2021 - 06:25 PM

The US region ones will all have the red sticker that says "for hybrid device" or blue sticker that says "for home device".

This is not always the case. My YS IX switch LE has no stickers. It was purchased from NIS US store. Bottom of the box clearly says published by NIS America though

#2097 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:11 PM

Yeah I had a seller clearly label their listing as the game being brand new, pictures show brand new. I get it and it's opened and dlc code was used. Messaged him about it and he told me to suck a d*ck. Filed a claim and he never responded to it and got refunded. It wasn't a super expensive game, but as you mention you gotta stick it to sellers that are dishonest.

Man I wouldn't even call that dishonest. That sounds like some fraud on top of belligerence!

#2098 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:12 PM

This is not always the case. My YS IX switch LE has no stickers. It was purchased from NIS US store. Bottom of the box clearly says published by NIS America though

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Not sure why it doesn't have it. The PS4 version does have the blue sticker though.

#2099 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1045 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:17 PM

Man I wouldn't even call that dishonest. That sounds like some fraud on top of belligerence!

He was just selling it as “GameStop new”!

#2100 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1594 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:38 PM

Anyone who ordered the zelda steelbook with shop4world got their order yet