* * * * - 11 votes

Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

#61 DtroitPunk  

DtroitPunk

Posted 09 November 2021 - 01:03 AM

I grabbed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $39.77...

I hope that it doesn't go lower.

#62 Combatking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Combatking

Posted 09 November 2021 - 01:46 AM

Was last year's as quiet as this year?

Cause I would guess supply chains disruptions happened last year as well

#63 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:17 AM

$40 for a first party Nintendo Switch game is my maximum buy-in price.  You might see one go for around $30~ rarely, but don't feel bad, IMO.

#64 JRest   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 10:34 PM

Hopefully PS5 Ghost Of Tsushima will hit the $40 price point.

#65 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 09 November 2021 - 11:11 PM

Great deal. 100% worth it. I doubt it gets any lower. That game has sold like 39 million or something. Nintendo doesn't need the sales.

#66 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 11:30 PM

I buy 90% of my first party Nintendo switch games used. In between Gamestop B2G1 ($30ish each with pur/certs) & Gamefly ($35).Plus the random WM clearance Xenoblade & TMS#FE ($10) Best way to save with them. Just be patient.

#67 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   3038 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 11:46 PM

I buy 90% of my first party Nintendo switch games used. In between Gamestop B2G1 ($30ish each with pur/certs) & Gamefly ($35).Plus the random WM clearance Xenoblade & TMS#FE ($10) Best way to save with them. Just be patient.

I second this. I do the exact same. Grabbed Hades on switch for $18 earlier today and you can often find first party switch titles under $40.

#68 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:39 AM

The current GameFly sale may satiate your needs well before Black Friday.  Recommend checking it out, some good deals, IMO.

https://www.gamefly....usedbestsellers

#69 skrockij89  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:58 AM

The current GameFly sale may satiate your needs well before Black Friday.  Recommend checking it out, some good deals, IMO.

https://www.gamefly....usedbestsellers

It's nice having a subscription, getting an extra 5-10% off depending on the amount of time being a member. That helps out a lot. 

#70 spacebooger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

spacebooger

Posted 10 November 2021 - 02:19 AM

Daughter wants a Switch Lite... do you think there will be any deals on that or just the regular and OLED ones?

#71 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 November 2021 - 02:21 AM

Daughter wants a Switch Lite... do you think there will be any deals on that or just the regular and OLED ones?

There definitely will be but it might just be some sort of bundle or small discount of like $25 off

#72 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:45 AM

There definitely will be but it might just be some sort of bundle or small discount of like $25 off

I dunno, I would almost bet there are no bundle deals this year because they may have a hard time guaranteeing stock.

Merchandisers might, but this year seems like it's going to be an odd one.  

More so amplified with a teeming swarm of scalpers, a craze that seems way more fierce lately than previous years/game generations.

#73 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 November 2021 - 05:07 AM

I dunno, I would almost bet there are no bundle deals this year because they may have a hard time guaranteeing stock.

Merchandisers might, but this year seems like it's going to be an odd one.

More so amplified with a teeming swarm of scalpers, a craze that seems way more fierce lately than previous years/game generations.

Yeah I mean Nintendo already announced their "official" black Friday deals and the switch lite wasn't on there, but there is another Mario kart switch bundle with the regular switch. I think specific retailers will offer so sort of switch lite deal. I see tons of switch lites in stock everywhere so I don't think stock is an issue with that.

#74 spacebooger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

spacebooger

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:30 AM

I ask about the Switch Lite because the official Nintendo Refurbished ones (they are usually emasculate) are currently $170.

#75 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:54 AM

About 12 days remaining to the start of the Black Friday week and no ads leaked from the likes of Walmart, Best Buy, Target and others.

The economy has been “stable” and in the “green” side so I’m not expecting anything good.

The 2008-2012 (when the economy was bad) period seems to be unmatchable in terms of deals for BF

#76 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10595 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:58 PM

Really weird that much of this stuff hasn't leaked this year yet, and some of what has leaked is pretty empty. The dream may be over. Strange to have nostalgia for a time period on a website, but for about a ten year period starting in 2007, there were always a few things worth getting excited about.

#77 ritchardf  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:27 PM

these ads haven't "leaked" for years, and there is no way companies are going to put out their actual black friday ads when they are trying to sell their early black friday deals. if people saw better stuff that is going to be on sale on black friday, they wouldn't buy the discontinued/old crap they are trying to sell right now.

#78 Series M  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:37 PM

I ask about the Switch Lite because the official Nintendo Refurbished ones (they are usually emasculate) are currently $170.

Playing a Nintendo Switch will emasculate most anybody though.

I tease. :-

#79 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:37 PM

LOL, I think you mean "immaculate" instead of "emasculate."  If only the Switch Lite had video output, then I too would be confident in my manliness. Even with a Hatsune MIku turquoise Switch Lite.

Seriously, though I would buy a Switch Lite if retailers threw in a $30 Switch game or gift card with purchase.

#80 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:02 PM

these ads haven't "leaked" for years, and there is no way companies are going to put out their actual black friday ads when they are trying to sell their early black friday deals. if people saw better stuff that is going to be on sale on black friday, they wouldn't buy the discontinued/old crap they are trying to sell right now.

Marketing materials have to get to stores for display and staging.  Usually there is weeks to months lead time for materials and someone, somewhere, in the chain usually leaks them.  The fact it hasn't is very odd and not typical of the circumstances in previous years.

Again, due to the supply constraints going on, I bet deals will be much more ad hoc and minor simply because they cannot guarantee product on shelves.  And even if they did, it would move at full price right now, due to demand (perhaps artificially driven by scalping).

No one needs to run a deal on hardware (TVs, consoles, graphics cards) since is just moves right now.  Usually there are Black Friday specifically made electronics to be deal busters, but given chip shortages and shipping times, I highly doubt we will see those this year as, again, why make a cheaper product when the normal stuff sells?

Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical, but I don't think this will be a good year for deals.  Or rather, any deals there are, will be digital and likely discounts on subscription services...

#81 Cyril Amethyst   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Cyril Amethyst

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:11 PM

Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical, but I don't think this will be a good year for deals.  Or rather, any deals there are, will be digital and likely discounts on subscription services...

I don't think this is a cynical take, just a realistic one. There's no need to incentivize purchasing when demand far outstrips supply. 

#82 ritchardf  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:18 PM

so tell me one major store ad that has leaked in the last 5 years? because best buy, target, and walmart ads have not leaked for years, they release them on their site and then everyone tries to claim they have the leaked ad when it is on the companies site. there is a reason all the black friday ad sites are gone, the leaks are few and far between.

it's like everyone talking about supply issues like it is something new, nobody remembers completely empty shelves in 2020?

#83 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:25 PM

so tell me one major store ad that has leaked in the last 5 years? because best buy, target, and walmart ads have not leaked for years, they release them on their site and then everyone tries to claim they have the leaked ad when it is on the companies site. there is a reason all the black friday ad sites are gone, the leaks are few and far between.

it's like everyone talking about supply issues like it is something new, nobody remembers completely empty shelves in 2020?

why do you care so much bro?

#84 Grosbard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Grosbard

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:40 PM

Marketing materials have to get to stores for display and staging.  Usually there is weeks to months lead time for materials and someone, somewhere, in the chain usually leaks them.  The fact it hasn't is very odd and not typical of the circumstances in previous years.

Again, due to the supply constraints going on, I bet deals will be much more ad hoc and minor simply because they cannot guarantee product on shelves.  And even if they did, it would move at full price right now, due to demand (perhaps artificially driven by scalping).

No one needs to run a deal on hardware (TVs, consoles, graphics cards) since is just moves right now.  Usually there are Black Friday specifically made electronics to be deal busters, but given chip shortages and shipping times, I highly doubt we will see those this year as, again, why make a cheaper product when the normal stuff sells?

You basically summed up my thoughts. 

I bet we see sales but nothing major and nothing we haven't seen before. I haven't taken the time to look at physical games in a target or Walmart but my guess is their inventory isn't overflowing right now. 

I did just look it up and last year

Gamestop dropped Nov. 9th

BB ad dropped on Oct. 29th

Target dropped Nov. 19th

WM was maybe around Nov. 16th

Those were official release dates though so they could have leaked earlier. 

#85 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3411 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:22 PM

Marketing materials have to get to stores for display and staging. Usually there is weeks to months lead time for materials and someone, somewhere, in the chain usually leaks them. The fact it hasn't is very odd and not typical of the circumstances in previous years.

Again, due to the supply constraints going on, I bet deals will be much more ad hoc and minor simply because they cannot guarantee product on shelves. And even if they did, it would move at full price right now, due to demand (perhaps artificially driven by scalping).

No one needs to run a deal on hardware (TVs, consoles, graphics cards) since is just moves right now. Usually there are Black Friday specifically made electronics to be deal busters, but given chip shortages and shipping times, I highly doubt we will see those this year as, again, why make a cheaper product when the normal stuff sells?

Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical, but I don't think this will be a good year for deals. Or rather, any deals there are, will be digital and likely discounts on subscription services...

Yup. Agree with this, too. Only looking to pick up some movies and a few PS4 games (sitting out on PS5 until it's readily available), and only if they're at decent discounts and easily available online.

#86 spacebooger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

spacebooger

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:27 PM

LOL, I think you mean "immaculate" instead of "emasculate."  If only the Switch Lite had video output, then I too would be confident in my manliness. Even with a Hatsune MIku turquoise Switch Lite.

Seriously, though I would buy a Switch Lite if retailers threw in a $30 Switch game or gift card with purchase.

Ahh... phone autocorrect and horrible spelling strike again. 

I think I may wait to see if there is a deal. I just worry about the Refurbished stock selling out.

#87 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11873 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:28 PM

Those "unprecedented times" keep popping up.  Hopefully we'll be back to normal over the next few years.

#88 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3946 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:57 PM

Yup. Agree with this, too. Only looking to pick up some movies and a few PS4 games (sitting out on PS5 until it's readily available), and only if they're at decent discounts and easily available online.

I'm mainly after movies & tv shows on disc and maybe some sets of bed sheets if Walmart has them again this year.

#89 Carnage60  

Carnage60

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:19 PM

Some of the Gamefly used prices are probably pretty close to what the Black Friday deals will be…might be worth a look. They always come with case and I’ve never gotten one that wasn’t in new condition

#90 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:44 PM

Would someone please add a column or sheet for digital game store deals? (i.e. PlayStation Store and Xbox Store)