Elden Ring Dark Souls Soulsborne

#61 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2022 - 04:56 PM

Spoilers are concerning the second main boss:

Last night I pushed through

Spoiler

And as for afterwards:

Spoiler

Another thing about that sorcerer head helmet (something I seem to see everyone wearing): I'm pretty sure there's a tower up in the NW section of the map with a magic-sealed door that requires that mask.  It's one of those towers that asks you to "solve the puzzle" but in this case I don't think the puzzle is finding

Spoiler
like two others I found earlier.  Someone's comment says that the "head' is required and also maybe a gesture (and they are wearing that sorcerer head in the comment).  The thing is I don't have the gesture that they used (pointing to your head).  In any case, just the helmet itself didn't open the door.  Any spoiler-light pointers there? Like if it is a gesture, maybe the general area that comes from?  Is this something else I won't get till later?

#62 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2022 - 05:00 PM

Today's pretty picture:

Elden_Ring_lava_1.jpg

#63 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2022 - 05:04 PM

One more thing: before I even got to the second boss, I found a way into a more advanced area (a particular plateau):

Spoiler

#64 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38815 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2022 - 06:22 PM

Regarding the Study Hall, there's a questline (tied to one of the missable trophies and involving the witch Ranni who you should have met near the start area at a Church of Marika) where you get an item that allows you access to more of the building.

As for where to go next, I recommend exploring the left side of the Liurnia map, particularly a manor at the upper-left-ish side, then go back to Limgrave and start moving eastward.

#65 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2022 - 09:11 PM

Regarding the Study Hall, there's a questline (tied to one of the missable trophies and involving the witch Ranni who you should have met near the start area at a Church of Marika) where you get an item that allows you access to more of the building.

WTF?! Pretty sure I've never seen that person.

OK, looked it up and yeah, I did see her in the beginning like nearly everyone should have (it's how you get the Spirit Calling Bell). She has a different name then which threw me off.  However, I never saw her second location:

"You'll first encounter Ranni when she gives you the Elden Ring Spirit Calling Bell, though she'll call herself Renna during this encounter, and she's a pretty mysterious NPC. She claims you'll never see her again, but if you head to Ranni's Rise in Liurnia, you can start her quest and help her out."

I guess I'll head over there and hopefully having beaten the second boss I'm not too late!

This has like a billion spoilers, but it's a short list of all the quest steps.  Sounds like maybe I am still OK:

Spoiler

#66 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2022 - 11:17 PM

Those speed runner types are insane.  Apparently one guy has beat it in under an hour (using various glitches and bugs).  And another beat it in 2 1/2 hours without ever dying.  I'm sure the first "take no damage" run will come soon enough (if not already) too.  Unreal.

#67 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 10 March 2022 - 01:31 AM

I've seen the Confessor starting set available, though I wouldn't recognize the one you're asking about even if I've seen it already, but I think probably all of them can be gotten somewhere.

Nvm I just found the prophet armor set I think it was in Altus plateau, hermit merchants shack. Also if I’m not mistaken, the blue cloth armor set is the set for warrior starting class which I got from academy gate, isolated merchant. I’m happy now I just need the hero class armor set which Nephili Loux wears

#68 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38815 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2022 - 06:14 AM

I think I'm going to have some serious withdrawal when I'm done with this--I don't want the game to ever end.

#69 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 10 March 2022 - 12:11 PM

I think I'm going to have some serious withdrawal when I'm done with this--I don't want the game to ever end.

Even when I finally finish the game it just won’t end since there are so many missable stuff, items, tunnels, bosses depending on time of day, etc. once I’m done with almost everything (collecting talismans and stuff) I can always start a NG+ and do quests that I’ve missed and make my character overpowered

#70 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:05 AM

Jodou, have you figured out what the paintings are for?  I keep finding more.

So last night I went into the

Spoiler

My loose understanding is they paint a picture (haha. . .) of a location to visit where you see those ghostly people sitting in chairs mostly. If you have their painting, it gives an item instead of a dialogue. I've never successfully stumbled across one that I can remember, but I haven't bothered pursuing it either. I did finish off the Beast Temple items last night though, from gathering all 8 Death Root in the game. I won't use them since they're for a faith build, but eh got another collectible sidequest done.

#71 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:15 AM

Moonveil is from the magma lizard boss in one of the mine dungeons, right?  I *almost* had that bastard beat the other day but dodge rolled into his magma when he was at 10% health.  One more health flask and I was set to beat him.  Didn't get nearly that close on many other runs.  I figured I'd tackle it when I power up a bit more.

Well, damn, not sure I want to go through all that for the sword.  Is it one of the legendary ones for the trophy though?

As for the Havel's ring item. I found an equip load talsiman last night.  That's in addition to the one you told me about earlier that boosts HP, equip weight and something else.  This one does equip weight only and I think added 6 or 7 lbs?  Is that the lower-powered version?

I discovered a new enemy type sitting outside that cave with 2 bosses. It's a golden knight that guards the entrance (so NeedleInTheHay you will know you are in the right place from that).  One time when I killed it I got some gauntlets that are way better than anything I already had, but at the same weight as my other "heavy" armor.  Every stat was better.  I'd like to farm the whole set but I'd need to increase my equip load to wear it all.

Yep, that's the lizard. Incredible sword because of the unsheathe, still builds bleed, and scaling off INT. Most enemies stagger for a critical after one blow so it's a healthy competitor to Dark Moon for sure. And Dark Moon is one of the lego's, yep.

Yeah, you have the baby Arsenal Talisman; the other one isn't found til later and gives a ton more, like ~20%. I ended up dumping that one because I was finding the game's one-shots were becoming unbearable. The replacement boosted my physical defenses like 20% in some cases, across the board. I don't think there's a better talisman in the game TBH and is an absolute mandatory add to any build IMO. It's SUUUUUUUUUUPER late game though in the last area you'll likely visit so don't worry about it for now. It's crawling with those golden knights you found. . .in packs. ;)

#72 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:19 AM

Jodou, do you eventually get the ability to buy low level somber smithing stones or any more higher level regular ones?  I only had 10 level 1 somber stones and accidentally used one on something last night (I wasn't paying attention that it was somber and not regular).  Would be nice to know if there's a lot more available or not.

Yep, although I'm not sure if they're all available. Could be I haven't found the right boss yet for some of the highest stones but for somber I think I'm capped at 6 right now. Same goes for Grave flowers to upgrade your summons but those are so plentiful I don't think I ever bought any.

#73 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:29 AM

Yeah I heard moonviel is pretty good I’m just a pure dexterity rn and wanna keep that dual wield with both swords being long af. I can’t wait to get the hand of malenia or whatever it’s called to see if it’s good with my nagakiba.

Just got that sword last night, she's a tough one. Req is like 48 DEX so I didn't try it out but I'm not sure it's been tested widely enough to comment either.

#74 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:30 AM

My loose understanding is they paint a picture (haha. . .) of a location to visit where you see those ghostly people sitting in chairs mostly. If you have their painting, it gives an item instead of a dialogue. I've never successfully stumbled across one that I can remember, but I haven't bothered pursuing it either. I did finish off the Beast Temple items last night though, from gathering all 8 Death Root in the game. I won't use them since they're for a faith build, but eh got another collectible sidequest done.

I actually figured these out last night.  They give you ashes of war.  If you go to the sites you will see one of the white ghost people who will disappear after a few seconds and leave the item behind.  I did 2 and got ashes for both.  One I just stumbled upon randomly in the Atlus Plateau (not far from the orange wolf thing).  My son was watching me play and in the middle of a battle with some overworld enemies a guy sitting in a chair appeared.  Then when I tried to find him again, he was gone but a purple item was there.  We were both going WTF happened there, but then I figured it out ;).  I'm glad he was there to back up what I thought I saw though.

I went to Weeping Peninsula and got one there too.  I think it was the Prophecy one.  Go to the church in the upper left part of the map and go behind it and you will find the guy.  There were a bunch of notes saying "Here" and such that looked out of place but that's what they were pointing to.

Yep, that's the lizard. Incredible sword because of the unsheathe, still builds bleed, and scaling off INT. Most enemies stagger for a critical after one blow so it's a healthy competitor to Dark Moon for sure. And Dark Moon is one of the lego's, yep.

I beat that lizard last night - it was much easier now that I'm about 20 levels higher than I was last time I went there.  I'm around level 60 now by the way,  The problem with this sword is that it requires Int, and, well, my Strength/Faith guy is dumb as a rock ;).  I'm assuming I will have the same problem with the Dark Moon too?  Do you know of any awesome Fath-scaling weapons?

I finally had to resort to looking up what I missed in Limgrave.  I had missed an NPC (the seamster guy) and the entire dragon covenant thing.  I was wondering why the game was telling me I could use dragon hearts to level something up I had never seen.  You can get there super early - I just hadn't explored this one beach where the cave that leads to the island is.  D'oh! 

And here I am at 98 hours and reading online how people are done with the game in 50 or 60.  I just don't get that.  I'm barely 1/3 through the story.  I did a lot of exploring but clearly I missed a lot just in the starting area.

I also had to look at the guide a bit for Ranni - so I got that started and I will continue that in my next post...

Yep, although I'm not sure if they're all available. Could be I haven't found the right boss yet for some of the highest stones but for somber I think I'm capped at 6 right now. Same goes for Grave flowers to upgrade your summons but those are so plentiful I don't think I ever bought any.

The blacksmith in Atlus Plateau sells the first few levels of somber so that is nice.  I don't have all that many grave flowers.  Also, can you tell me in what general area I would get the super summons?  Not where specifically or how - just want to know when I should start looking for it.

#75 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:39 AM

So... That third boss... What a bastard he is.

Spoiler

#76 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:44 AM

Picture of the day:

Elden_Ring_Atlus_1.jpg

#77 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:47 AM

Oh you like pics eh. . .apparently the forums don't like 4k pictures sigh. The upload to CAG is so jank it doesn't work either lol. Oh well.

Spoiler

#78 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:17 AM

So... That third boss... What a bastard he is.

Spoiler

You can re-summon them infinitely. Crimson Rot from Rotten Breath also completely destroys him FYI. I was on the frontlines discovering how to beat him last week so we didn't have a lot of info. I finally just Pokemon'd him to death after figuring out how to avoid his one shot consistently. It's the fight I said was my least favorite and still is. Very boring IMO.

#79 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:35 AM

You can re-summon them infinitely. Crimson Rot from Rotten Breath also completely destroys him FYI. I was on the frontlines discovering how to beat him last week so we didn't have a lot of info. I finally just Pokemon'd him to death after figuring out how to avoid his one shot consistently. It's the fight I said was my least favorite and still is. Very boring IMO.

Interesting.  Don't think I survived long enough to see the summons reappear. Also there were stupid comments I think around the summons which interfered with what has to be super fast summonings (or you get destroyed).  I don't think I have Rotten Breath - is that one of the dragon incantations?  Also don't think I'd be able to get close enough. Though at least when you get close he stops that purple bolt BS.

The first time I went in I was doing it as a summons myself and I noticed the host was still able to summon the NPCs.  But then all of a sudden I was thrown to a loading screen and back in my world.  The host probably got hit by the bolts - it happened so fast I didn't see a message I guess.  Or it glitched.

What type of attack is that purple stuff?  Magic?  I could maybe try switching armor and talisman to be more resistant to whatever it is.  If I could tank two shots of it that would make it more bearable.  Unlike with Renalla's bolt attack, running sideways doesn't help.  You have to roll I guess - but that timing is so hard.

I like the phrase "Pokemon'd him to death". LOL

Ooh, I remembered something else I need to do.  Ofnir is telling me to get the second half of a particular medallion I have to go to talk to someone in a cave to the west of a particular area.  The thing is, I'm pretty sure I cleared out that whole cave minus the boss.  Is it maybe after the boss?  That's one of the ones I was thinking of going back to clean up, so hopefully I'll find out tonight.

Oh yeah, I also now have the

Spoiler
in my game.  Wasn't expecting him to be an NPC.

#80 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:48 AM

Oh you like pics eh. . .apparently the forums don't like 4k pictures sigh. The upload to CAG is so jank it doesn't work either lol. Oh well.

I may have different upload privileges as a mod.  However, even my pictures seem to be getting converted from full res to something smaller.  Looks like the last one went from 1.6 MB to 96 KB.  Still looks good though!

#81 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:08 AM

I beat that lizard last night - it was much easier now that I'm about 20 levels higher than I was last time I went there.  I'm around level 60 now by the way,  The problem with this sword is that it requires Int, and, well, my Strength/Faith guy is dumb as a rock ;).  I'm assuming I will have the same problem with the Dark Moon too?  Do you know of any awesome Fath-scaling weapons?

Sword of Flame & Night, another obvious GRRM nod to Berric in GoT for the sword he uses. It's probably the best faith weapon that I know of, or at least the coolest. Doing the Beast Sanctum quest will give you a ton of faith spells too including the claw from the network test, so that's worth doing if you're going that route.

#82 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:10 AM

I may have different upload privileges as a mod.  However, even my pictures seem to be getting converted from full res to something smaller.  Looks like the last one went from 1.6 MB to 96 KB.  Still looks good though!

Yeah, I haven't tried in actually a decade now because the only things I uploaded were strategy guide covers for the CE guide thread we had then. Now it doesn't even let me upload, or at least the functionality is broken ever since 3.0. My how things change in 10 years ha.

#83 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:19 AM

Interesting.  Don't think I survived long enough to see the summons reappear. Also there were stupid comments I think around the summons which interfered with what has to be super fast summonings (or you get destroyed).  I don't think I have Rotten Breath - is that one of the dragon incantations?  Also don't think I'd be able to get close enough. Though at least when you get close he stops that purple bolt BS.

The first time I went in I was doing it as a summons myself and I noticed the host was still able to summon the NPCs.  But then all of a sudden I was thrown to a loading screen and back in my world.  The host probably got hit by the bolts - it happened so fast I didn't see a message I guess.  Or it glitched.

What type of attack is that purple stuff?  Magic?  I could maybe try switching armor and talisman to be more resistant to whatever it is.  If I could tank two shots of it that would make it more bearable.  Unlike with Renalla's bolt attack, running sideways doesn't help.  You have to roll I guess - but that timing is so hard.

I like the phrase "Pokemon'd him to death". LOL

Ooh, I remembered something else I need to do.  Ofnir is telling me to get the second half of a particular medallion I have to go to talk to someone in a cave to the west of a particular area.  The thing is, I'm pretty sure I cleared out that whole cave minus the boss.  Is it maybe after the boss?  That's one of the ones I was thinking of going back to clean up, so hopefully I'll find out tonight.

Oh yeah, I also now have the

Spoiler
in my game.  Wasn't expecting him to be an NPC.

The summons reappear near armaments on the battlefield mainly, just gotta run around and find them. And yeah, the breath is a dragon ability and should only take 4 applications the entire fight. The purple stuff is magic but it basically one-shots so the idea is to never be the target and just hit n' fade with the breath.

Don't even attempt to do the medallion without a guide, unless you're born lucky. You might stumble upon it by accident or find messages that direct your attention while in the area, but otherwise it's another BS secret so obscure you wonder how people figure this stuff out.

And yeah, lol that summon is named correctly because he sucks. There's videos out there comparing the elite summons and they're one of the worst. The one I've used ever since I got it is still the best in slot summon though. Downright busted.

#84 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:12 AM

The summons reappear near armaments on the battlefield mainly, just gotta run around and find them. And yeah, the breath is a dragon ability and should only take 4 applications the entire fight. The purple stuff is magic but it basically one-shots so the idea is to never be the target and just hit n' fade with the breath.

Don't even attempt to do the medallion without a guide, unless you're born lucky. You might stumble upon it by accident or find messages that direct your attention while in the area, but otherwise it's another BS secret so obscure you wonder how people figure this stuff out.

And yeah, lol that summon is named correctly because he sucks. There's videos out there comparing the elite summons and they're one of the worst. The one I've used ever since I got it is still the best in slot summon though. Downright busted.

Not sure which summons you are talking about but I didn't mean I had that guy as a summons - he's just sitting in my Roundtable Hold not wanting to talk to me ;).

I did get my first "special" ashes and it was the Albinauric woman archer one.  I powered it up thinking it would be better than my others.  Haven't used it much yet though  What is the name of the one you keep talking about?

I got a little further with that boss last night.  But, man, the summons don't do much to him.  I had one run that must have lasted 10 minutes and I still barely got him down 1/3.  For one thing, I didn't realize until like 10 tries in that you could use your damn horse.  I was running on foot to the summons at first.  I just assumed it was like every other boss and no horse was allowed. Once on my horse I went in a huge circle and as long as you can keep the summons going at him he mostly leaves you alone after the initial part.  But eventually there comes a time when the summons aren't on him or you just can't find one quick enough and he gets you.  I may have to look into the scarlet rot thing though I didn't have that as an option to buy yet from the dragon thing last time I was there.

As for the medallion, I figured that was a required story thing.  I did find the woman Ofnir was talking about and she's just telling me to do something in the capitol city I think, and I haven't even got there yet.

Sword of Flame & Night, another obvious GRRM nod to Berric in GoT for the sword he uses. It's probably the best faith weapon that I know of, or at least the coolest. Doing the Beast Sanctum quest will give you a ton of faith spells too including the claw from the network test, so that's worth doing if you're going that route.

I got this and I think it also scales to Int, doesn't it?  It was nice because it has both magic and fire damage by default, so it would be cool to use.  Or maybe it was just the Int requirement to use it was high and I would need to meet that first. (Edit: I looked it up, it scales to *both* Int and Fai, but does require 24 in both.  My Int is at 12. That's a lot of levels to put into a stat I wasn't planning to use, but maybe it's worth it? I guess  I can do that and then respec if needed.)

I was also so pissed about that boss fight that I had my son look up the bird rune farming area.  I got there and leveled up my Vigor from 25 to 30.  But, man, that area is super tough otherwise.  The invasions were actually kind of fun, though it was clear that people were sitting there waiting for them.  One guy had an OP helper that was just all over me (and teabagged me to let me know about it).  I did at least kill one guy's helper one time.  And I didn't realize there could be multiple invaders - one time another guy was with me but I could target him.  Thought that was weird.

#85 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:26 AM

Today's pretty picture:

Elden_Ring_Stars_1.jpg

#86 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:39 AM

Last night I went back to a couple of the crystal dungeon bosses in Caelid thinking maybe my increased levels would help.  Nope.  The lizard is still pretty tough and the trio one still impossible - me and another summons still doing like 15 damage and barely moving the health bars.

I *may* take a break from this game tonight for the first night since it came out.  May play some of the new Destiny 2 content instead - I need something a bit more "casual" for one day ;).

#87 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 09:52 AM

Not sure which summons you are talking about but I didn't mean I had that guy as a summons - he's just sitting in my Roundtable Hold not wanting to talk to me ;).

I did get my first "special" ashes and it was the Albinauric woman archer one.  I powered it up thinking it would be better than my others.  Haven't used it much yet though  What is the name of the one you keep talking about?

I got a little further with that boss last night.  But, man, the summons don't do much to him.  I had one run that must have lasted 10 minutes and I still barely got him down 1/3.  For one thing, I didn't realize until like 10 tries in that you could use your damn horse.  I was running on foot to the summons at first.  I just assumed it was like every other boss and no horse was allowed. Once on my horse I went in a huge circle and as long as you can keep the summons going at him he mostly leaves you alone after the initial part.  But eventually there comes a time when the summons aren't on him or you just can't find one quick enough and he gets you.  I may have to look into the scarlet rot thing though I didn't have that as an option to buy yet from the dragon thing last time I was there.

As for the medallion, I figured that was a required story thing.  I did find the woman Ofnir was talking about and she's just telling me to do something in the capitol city I think, and I haven't even got there yet.

I got this and I think it also scales to Int, doesn't it?  It was nice because it has both magic and fire damage by default, so it would be cool to use.  Or maybe it was just the Int requirement to use it was high and I would need to meet that first. (Edit: I looked it up, it scales to *both* Int and Fai, but does require 24 in both.  My Int is at 12. That's a lot of levels to put into a stat I wasn't planning to use, but maybe it's worth it? I guess  I can do that and then respec if needed.)

I was also so pissed about that boss fight that I had my son look up the bird rune farming area.  I got there and leveled up my Vigor from 25 to 30.  But, man, that area is super tough otherwise.  The invasions were actually kind of fun, though it was clear that people were sitting there waiting for them.  One guy had an OP helper that was just all over me (and teabagged me to let me know about it).  I did at least kill one guy's helper one time.  And I didn't realize there could be multiple invaders - one time another guy was with me but I could target him.  Thought that was weird.

Oof, the ranged summons suck unfortunately. Mainly because they're glass cannons that can't take much heat so when you lose aggro and the boss gets on her--lights out. The one you want is Mimic Tear. ;)

And the int/faith sword is the only one that I know of for people running a faith build because it's pretty slick. The fire attack has a wide cleave and will one-shot a lot of lesser mobs with high faith, so people use it to farm or in their faith build. You could try Sacred Relic Blade since it has a conal wave attack, I think people have been experimenting with that as well.

Not sure I know the bird farm; the best early game farm is across the bridge from the Beast Sanctum where the ball falls off the cliff. Doesn't require anything but time, any build can do it. Make sure to get the golden scarab talisman first though since it gives like 20% bonus runes.

This game just keeps going on for me but I'm at the final final final area which is, once again, another huge endeavor. I'm at 90 hours in and fatigue is finally hitting me as areas and combat just meld together. I've even been taking days off from it and still, just feels repetitive now. It's certainly not as bad as DS3 was though. That game just went overzealous on the difficulty and made playing just a drain. I stopped tonight just before what I believe is the end boss area because I need to make sure 90 hours doesn't go to waste missing something useful this playthrough. If there was one thing I wish the game had an option to do, it's let you keep your items but reset your SL to 1 so you at least have a challenge again in NG+ except your gear setup is done. As of now, I don't see a reason to continue in NG+ TBH.

#88 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16278 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 08:07 PM

And this is why I procrastinate, because this morning I just found out about a secret boss that's literally beneath my nose where I'm at just before the end I would have missed and the sword it drops is an absolute PvP BOMBSHELL. Apparently if you get caught in the attack, even dodging away since it homes in--it will one-shot most players under 60 VIGOR. YIKES. It was one-shotting enemies that normally take me 3-4 swings with a +10 DMGS. . .and 60 INT. Busted, so looks like I'll be switching my build around LOL.

Well that's getting a nerf in the future lol. Otherwise expect all sorts of Anime shenanigans with how the animation looks and people trying to bait into attacking and getting caught by it.

#89 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38815 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 08:24 PM

Not sure I know the bird farm; the best early game farm is across the bridge from the Beast Sanctum where the ball falls off the cliff. Doesn't require anything but time, any build can do it. Make sure to get the golden scarab talisman first though since it gives like 20% bonus runes.

Warp to the Ledge-Approach site near Mohgwyn Palace, walk a bit down the path, turn left and fire an arrow at the big crow-thing walking around in the swamp area across-and-below the way. He'll run towards you and fall into the abyss for a sweet ~11k runes (13k+ with the Gold Scarab), and you can immediately reset him using the site of grace. It's much much faster than killing all the fish-albinoid things on the path and the only "cost" is arrows which you can easily buy from "Santa Claus" (merchant at Church of Elleh near the start).

#90 io   ... Super Moderators   25100 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2022 - 11:02 PM

Yes, that's the one I was using Vigilante. Now, I apparently have to get this Golden Scarab thing. I don't have it. I'm guessing maybe that drops from the yellow crystal earwig lizard thing I can't beat?

I thought maybe I was on to the Mimic Tear yesterday as I was in an area in Atlus where there was a magic puzzle and all the notes kept saying "Mimic ahead". But it just ended up being some stupid spells.

Jodou - I'm well over 100 hours and barely half way through ;)

I almost beat Radahn yesterday. I got the scarlet rot (didn't even know about the second dragon church) but it doesn't seem to apply consistently. Sometimes he'd melt and other times nothing and I was firing it off right in his face. So on my best run I hit him with it twice and kept the summons going. But then at around 1/5 health he disappeared and I had no idea where he was. Then all of a sudden he comes down from the sky with an arena-covering flame attack that one shot me from full health. WTF!? Gave up and watched TV after that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elden Ring, Dark Souls, Soulsborne