Demolition's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say hello to Ax & Smash

demolition0sx.jpg

Undoubtedly one of the greatest tag teams in WWE history, Demolition held the tag team titles on multiple instances in the last 80s and early 90s. Feuding with the likes of the Hart Foundation and the Road Warriors.

Interesting Demolition Facts:

Demolition consisted of Ax and Smash, played for the most by Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow, but it was actually Randy Colley who created the gimmick (probably after watching one too many KISS videos); only to be removed from the group after a few matches due to a contract dispute.

Demolition also had one other member, none other than Crush himself. Crush joined to help ease the burden of an ailing Bill Eadie (Ax) who would eventually become the third manager of Demolition.

Demolition was also managed by Johnny Valiant and then Mr Fuji.

To this day you can find tag team wrestlers using a Demolition-like gimmick at numerous house shows worldwide.

[quote name='Scorch']Demolition sucks.
[/QUOTE]

But how can you say that when Bill Eadie, one of the members of Demolition... played Jake Bullet, Rip's first opponent in the opening of one of the greatest movies of all time....

NO HOLDS BARRED

Also, Bill Eadie was the fake Sting.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']But how can you say that when Bill Eadie, one of the members of Demolition... played Jake Bullet, Rip's first opponent in the opening of one of the greatest movies of all time....

NO HOLDS BARRED

Also, Bill Eadie was the fake Sting.[/QUOTE]

I thought fake Sting (nwo at least) was Cobra AKA Jeff Famer.

Wait, wait, wait!!!

You're doing a Demolition thread before a Road Warriors thread!? Are you out of your mind!? What's next, a Conquistadors thread? Barry Horowitz? How about Pistol Pez Whatley? ZL, you are slippin', man!

(Unless you already did a Road Warriors thread and I missed it. If so, I rescind all previous statements.)

[quote name='neocisco']Wait, wait, wait!!!

You're doing a Demolition thread before a Road Warriors thread!? Are you out of your mind!? What's next, a Conquistadors thread? Barry Horowitz? How about Pistol Pez Whatley? ZL, you are slippin', man!

(Unless you already did a Road Warriors thread and I missed it. If so, I rescind all previous statements.)[/QUOTE]

i agree

but whatever

WWE.com is running with the silent treatment, they make no mention of him in the Raw recap.

In another re-match from Vengeance, Edge took on Kane. Before the match, Edge promised that if Snitsky would help him in his battle against Kane, then he would let him have some time with Lita’s feet to satisfy his foot-fetish. Snitsky made good on his word and came to the aid of Edge as Kane was gaining control and caused a disqualification. Also in action, Chris Masters made Tajiri submit to the Master Lock.

[quote name='neocisco']Wait, wait, wait!!!

(Unless you already did a Road Warriors thread and I missed it. If so, I rescind all previous statements.)[/QUOTE]

Ouch. This I did not expect. Well this is the last time I shoot my mouth off about Matt Morgan...

I assure you all that I will be more careful with future topics.

Oh and for the record, I thought Demolition was a good choice.

-maybe they wanted Crush in the picture?

[quote name='Scorch']Just got my reminder from VideoETA about the ECW Collector's Edition going on sale..

http://www.moviegoldmine.com/product_info.php?products_id=62382

[/QUOTE]

Any word on whether it comes with green mist capsules yet? That'd be ultimate, go to Best Buy, pick this thing up, let the always snarling cashiers ring it up, then just shoot them in the face with this and walk out. Maybe they'll think twice about turning down my 5 dollar off coupon.

Funny I got the $5 off coupons to work everytime. Of course I'm pretty good at picking out the dumbest looking cashier, so I can easily convince them to punch it into the computer regardless of the $0 total.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else think HHH may return as a face?

Taken from Matt's website:

If you guys are ready for a ride, jump the f*ck on. Well, I promised you all fireworks, so I hope I didn't disappoint. As of July 11th, 2005, my personal Independence Day, the Movement has begun-- and the Movement's purpose is two-fold. Purpose one--To never let anyone control what Matt Hardy says and does and thinks. Purpose two--To make Adam Copeland, Amy Dumas, and the WWE regret what they did to me, what they did to us. It's time for Matt Hardy to stand up for all the MFer's that have been chanting "We Want Matt", and "You Screwed Matt". Although you may not know this--you guys, the MFers, started the Movement months ago. I can now finally join the Movement because I am no longer controlled by the WWE. The McMahons, the Johnny Aces, and all of the WWE management can kiss my @$$. I did what I did tonight because for me to live with myself, Adam "Feces" Copeland must pay. I'm not going to let the WWE forget that they f*cked up when they released me instead of that scumbag home-wrecker. And Amy Dumas, you know what's it's like to have me as your closest ally--but you're gonna hate to see what it's like to have me as your worst enemy b*tch. Even though I didn't slash your tires FCF, slashed tires are going to be the least of your problems--Bank on it. A little message to the whore, the feces, and the horsesh*t "family" that is the WWE--Matt Hardy is like cancer, I don't go away and you won't find a cure. I thank EVERYONE that has supported me through thick and thin--I promise I will always be there for my MFers. I love you guys--and as I always say, without you, there is no me. I am going to turn a hugely negative situation into something that will benefit us. If you don't want to be able to predict what happens next, you're all in for a treat.

P.S. - If you're thinking about pressing charges Vince, I got a couple bucks, I'll fight it. Besides, I think I might have some pixs and video from a camera phone that shows your officers Rodney Kinging my @$$. My wrist is cut from the handcuffs, and I would suggest that there was a little unnecessary roughness involved in kicking me out of your building.

P.S.S. - And don't forget to catch Matt Hardy in action this Friday in Indiana, PA, this Saturday in Woodbridge, CT, and you never know where I'll show up on Sunday. And The Matt Hardy Show is so on...

Matt "fucking" Hardy

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
On an unrelated note, does anyone else think HHH may return as a face?[/QUOTE]

Was positive until tonights dark match, but it was afterall a dark match, so it could still happen.

[quote name='BLarR']Was positive until tonights dark match, but it was afterall a dark match, so it could still happen.[/QUOTE]

What dark match?

And I think he'd have to be off tv for at least a month or so to get a positive crowd reaction upon his return. Honestly, I believe it would be for the best. HHH plays a great heel, but he's really done everything there is to do as the company's top heel, so I believe it's time for a change. Of course, if he does that then that kind of ruins the potential HHH-Cena feud after Cena beats Jericho at Summerslam, unless of course we see HHH vs Cena vs Jericho at Summerslam, which actually sounds more likely when all is said and done.

Deep down I want to see HHH vs Kurt again, especially if it means SMH returns, oh those were some funny segments.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']What dark match?

And I think he'd have to be off tv for at least a month or so to get a positive crowd reaction upon his return. Honestly, I believe it would be for the best. HHH plays a great heel, but he's really done everything there is to do as the company's top heel, so I believe it's time for a change. Of course, if he does that then that kind of ruins the potential HHH-Cena feud after Cena beats Jericho at Summerslam, unless of course we see HHH vs Cena vs Jericho at Summerslam, which actually sounds more likely when all is said and done.

Deep down I want to see HHH vs Kurt again, especially if it means SMH returns, oh those were some funny segments.[/QUOTE]

Dark match after RAW went off the air supposedly, Cena and Batista tagged against JBL and HHH. Double pin, with an FU and Batista Bomb.

He's trying to make us think, after all of that, that his appearance was a shoot? That it was legit?

I mean, granted, watching again, after he said "WWE can kiss my ass", it seemed security doubled up on him.. maybe an appearance was agreed on and he did what was required then said what he wanted?

Funny, earlier tonight I was thinking what would happen if a wrestler agreed to a certain script then completely broke it..

..interesting.

I doubt any of that wasn't scripted. Now that Hardy's back working for WWE, (however brief it may be) his site has and will probably continue to follow WWE.com standards of talking in character and such.

God I hope this doesn't turn into another "The Montrael Screwjob was a work!" type of deal, because that would drive me nuts and probably lead to the infamous "Saxon" coming to CAG, and we really don't want/need that.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']

On an unrelated note, does anyone else think HHH may return as a face?[/QUOTE]

He almost has to. Look at the top of the card pre-draft and now, and the Face to Heel balance is in need of some serious help. They will make it through Summerslam no problem thanks to some temporary stop-gaps (Hogan, The Matt Hardy-Edge feud), but after that they are going to need at least another top face. Unless someone else turns before then (unlikely given the fact that 2 of the top heels just turned heel), HHH almost has to go face.

Anyway in my view here is the upper card face/heel balance pre-draft and now:

Before Draft:
Faces: Batista, Jericho, HBK
Heels: HHH, Edge, Christian

Now:
Faces: John Cena

Heels: Jericho, Angle, Edge, HHH, HBK

Demolition's MY fault. If you don't like it...well, you know what you can do.

Barry Darsow (Smash) is heavily interviewed on the Road Warriors DVD. Two interesting facts about Darsow:

1) He has a totally thick Minnesota accent, don'tcha know?
2) In a moment that makes Bischoff's claim of not raiding ECW talent seem plausible by comparison, Darsow really tries to get across that Demolition weren't Road Warriors rip-offs. Ha! (The segment, called "road Warriors Imitators, doesn't include a single frame of footage of the Powers of Pain, for no good reason).

Anyway, I think that the transition from Matt Hardy "Version 1" to Matt "fucking" Hardy is great. Will Lillian Garcia appreciate it the way we do?

I fully endorse Demolition, they're as classic as WWF gets!

-Gotta remember the Repoman/Crush feud

-Also gotta remember the Doink/Crush feud

-Also gotta remember Crush getting remade as a heel, getting a demolition-like costume, and (correct me if I'm wrong) being managed by Mr. Fuji

Ah, how history repeats itself.

Also, did Demolition have a finisher? I remember in Wrestlefest the arcade game, they got completely Nerfed, and Smash had a standard vertical suplex as his. What was the official Demolition finisher, and how did it go?

[quote name='zzl365']He almost has to. Look at the top of the card pre-draft and now, and the Face to Heel balance is in need of some serious help. They will make it through Summerslam no problem thanks to some temporary stop-gaps (Hogan, The Matt Hardy-Edge feud), but after that they are going to need at least another top face. Unless someone else turns before then (unlikely given the fact that 2 of the top heels just turned heel), HHH almost has to go face.

Anyway in my view here is the upper card face/heel balance pre-draft and now:

Before Draft:
Faces: Batista, Jericho, HBK
Heels: HHH, Edge, Christian

Now:
Faces: John Cena

Heels: Jericho, Angle, Edge, HHH, HBK[/QUOTE]

IMO, Shelton is big enough to feud with any of those Heels, just not when the big belt is on the line quite yet. Hopefully WWE is banking on a Shelton/Angle feud, because if you all will remember, a two-month feud, culminating in the hair vs. hair match where Angle started coming out bald is what got Edge started on his current path to stardom.

[quote name='evilmax17']

Also, did Demolition have a finisher? I remember in Wrestlefest the arcade game, they got completely Nerfed, and Smash had a standard vertical suplex as his. What was the official Demolition finisher, and how did it go?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, demolition's finisher was the backbreaker combined with the elbow drop. I forget who did what, but one guy would give the opponent a backbreaker, and keep them held over their knee while the other guy came off the top rope with an elbowdrop to the chest/neck/head of the opponent. This was called the Demolition Decapitation.

The two coolest things about Demoliton:

1. "Walking Disaster"- Probably the best of the 80's WWF produced theme songs. Pain and destruction are our middle naaaaames.....

2. The hoods they wore during their entrance. Those things were pretty bad ass at the time.

[quote name='cthcky33']does anyone besides me think that Cena's character is really stupid?? the stuff he says is just so dumb[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's not just you. I was talking to my brother about this yesterday.

Cena's character isn't dumb, just played out. It was awesome in the beginning, but we need a heel Cena. After hearing recent mic work, i'm confident that he'd be an awesome heel.

[quote name='cthcky33']does anyone besides me think that Cena's character is really stupid?? the stuff he says is just so dumb[/QUOTE]

cena is one of the very few reasons i still occasionally turn on the wwe... him, eddie, and hbk.

[quote name='onetrackmind']cena is one of the very few reasons i still occasionally turn on the wwe... him, eddie, and hbk.[/QUOTE]maybe its just because i saw him on best damn sports show period like a week ago, and he doesnt talk all gangsterish normally. so when i see it in WWE it seems kinda silly

[quote name='smellhasreturned']" The Cheap sauce is going to run like wine "

*shoots himself*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was kinda weak. Rock sauce is better than cheap sauce anyways. :lol:

[quote name='cthcky33']if this whole matt hardy thing was fake, i bet a lot of people would hate him forever[/QUOTE]

That's the brilliance of it! Everybody, save for Matt, Lita, Edge and perhaps two other people were totally worked! THAT is wrestling for you, from a storyline standpoint.

When I was a kid, I questioned the Undertaker's status as alive or dead.
I thought Hulk Hogan was the epitome of a Real American.
I thought that Shawn Michaels really turned his back on Marty Janetty.
I bought into all of those characters (except for fucking Tugboat). I want to be able to do that again. As an adult, my tastes have changed and matured. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to see any more characters with foot fetishes (Snitsky), but to rebuild kayfabe is just what they need.

Be sure to watch Byte This! right here on WWE.com this Wednesday when special guest Lita promises to respond to Matt Hardy's comments

[quote name='mykevermin']
I bought into all of those characters (except for fucking Tugboat).
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I loved Tugboat, although that could have something to do with the fact that I saw him at a house show before he was ever on TV. I truly thought he was the world's biggest hulkamaniac, and was heart-broken when he became Typhoon and teamed with Earthquake. Although another thing that may have helped with me actually liking Tugboat is the fact that I was like 8 at the time of his debut.

[quote name='zzl365']Haha, I loved Tugboat, although that could have something to do with the fact that I saw him at a house show before he was ever on TV. I truly thought he was the world's biggest hulkamaniac, and was heart-broken when he became Typhoon and teamed with Earthquake. Although another thing that may have helped with me actually liking Tugboat is the fact that I was like 8 at the time of his debut.[/QUOTE]

Seriously who didn't!!! Tugboat got so emotional in his promos after Hogan had suffered a vicious attack at the hands of the Earthquake that I was nearly moved to write one of those stupid "get well" letters to Hogan. Only to find out later on that Hogan was just off making movies, that bastard! Then what does Hogan do to thank Tugboat for all his troubles? I'll tell you how, he throws him out of a battle royal. Then to make matters worse Tugboat goes on to become the Shockmaster, damn you Hogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back