Demolition's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was.. a good way to kill a half hour, definately. His lines seemed scripted until they started talking about personal experiences.. Lita was visibly upset, especially before he called, she seemed choked up at several points.. kinda worries me how she was talking about how miserable her life is.. hope she's not suicidal or anything, man, what if that happened.. the fans drove her crazy enough to do that.. definately can't wait for Monday, though i'm sure he won't be there.. two weeks in a row? Naah.

The whole posture she held during Hardy's call (looking up at the ceiling, kinda contemplative, most definitely in an emotional hell) was something I was very familiar with during my adolescence. It seemed very real to me...and we KNOW she's not a very good actress. :lol:

She did show more personality than I've ever seen before, though.

Good show overall, and as I said before, I am a big fan of blurring the lines between fantasy and reality.

[quote name='mykevermin']The whole posture she held during Hardy's call (looking up at the ceiling, kinda contemplative, most definitely in an emotional hell) was something I was very familiar with during my adolescence. It seemed very real to me...and we KNOW she's not a very good actress. :lol:

Good show overall, and as I said before, I am a big fan of blurring the lines between fantasy and reality.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. And just when I had thought she was a heartless whore... Oh well. It seems if she keeps this up, maybe it will only fuel a backlash against Matt. If the exact opposite of their intents happen, oh man. That will be priceless. :twisted:

[quote name='Scorch']That was.. a good way to kill a half hour, definately. His lines seemed scripted until they started talking about personal experiences.. Lita was visibly upset, especially before he called, she seemed choked up at several points.. kinda worries me how she was talking about how miserable her life is.. hope she's not suicidal or anything, man, what if that happened.. the fans drove her crazy enough to do that.. definately can't wait for Monday, though i'm sure he won't be there.. two weeks in a row? Naah.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a good half hour of a show. Lita should have just mentioned "what was missing" in their relationship. It can only help her, and it could possibly make her look better,and then she wouldn't have to live like a hermit crab like she says that she does.

She talked about break-ups and such happening every day... pretty much being a simple thing. Well, I want to know... how hard is it to say, "I want to see other people" or "It's over" or something similar? That's all she had to do, and a lot of people wouldn't look down on her. The only person they would still look down on is Edge, for cheating on his wife. Or, like Matt said, as soon as Edge starting coming onto her, she should have told Matt. Then, the situation would have ended or they could have discussed things like adults and broken things off properly. There is a fine line in these kinds of situations, and if you cross it, grab an umbrella and prepare for a shitstorm.

So, I take it from this that Edge isn't trying to reconcile with his wife, as reported?

Well, we'll see what's in store... :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, I want to know... how hard is it to say, "I want to see other people" or "It's over" or something similar? That's all she had to do, and a lot of people wouldn't look down on her. [/QUOTE]

That is the logical and right thing to do.

Whoever said its a man's world never got kicked in the nuts. That's all I have to say.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
Whoever said its a man's world never got kicked in the nuts[/QUOTE]

True, true. Hell, you don't even have to get kicked in the nuts. Just a tiny, miniscule flick... and then there's the 5 seconds of... "Did I get hit?" and then if you did... Oh, God...

Lita was visibly upset, especially before he called, she seemed choked up at several points.. kinda worries me how she was talking about how miserable her life is.. hope she's not suicidal or anything, man, what if that happened..

She'd finally be where she belongs. Off my TV. Job done.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']True, true. Hell, you don't even have to get kicked in the nuts. Just a tiny, miniscule flick... and then there's the 5 seconds of... "Did I get hit?" and then if you did... Oh, God...[/QUOTE] :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I needed that laugh!

Who's better than Kanyon? No one, bitches!

Kanyon has posted a commentary on chriskanyon.net and has announced the end of his "first retirement".

Kanyon points out the average wrestler has 2.9 retirements, 1.7 if you remove Terry Funk from the equation.

http://www.chriskanyon.net/

And his first match back.. is this Saturday in LA!

I am happy to officially announce the END of my first retirement from active Pro Wrestling. As many of you probably know, the average wrestler has 2.9 retirements throughout his career. Actually, that is only if you include Terry Funk in the average. It is only 1.7 retirements per Pro Wrestler if you eliminate The Funker from the equation (just kidding, Terry).

Regardless, my first retirement is over! I never really planned on announcing my retirement, but it just kinda happened. You see, my last match was against DDP in Wayne, NJ on August 28, 2004. Leading into the match, rumors of my pending retirement began circulating, although at the time, I really wasn't sure what my future held or what I wanted to do. DDP and the promoter called to ask if the rumors were true, and if I wanted to do something around it. I definitely did not want to make a big deal about it and I did not want to make any announcement before Aug 28, since I wasn't sure exactly what I planned. We decided to feed into the rumors by doing a quick, cheap count-out win for me as I knocked DDP out with a title belt at ringside. Commissioner Larry Zybyzco than demanded that I come back to the ring and finish this feud once and for all. He offered the stipulation that the loser would retire. Since DDP was knocked out, I jumped at the chance, but DDP fought back and won the match. Afterwards, I did a retirement speech and thanked the fans, and ultimately thanked DDP and put out my hand to shake it. Than, as we shook hands, I tried to clothesline him, he ducked and hit me with the Diamond Cutter, and that was that.

Now, I assumed that since I tried to attack DDP after the speech, everyone would assume the speech was just a ploy by me to get DDP to lower his guard. Unfortunately, the next day, the Internet was reporting that I had retired. Since there was a chance that I was done, and since I at least had a match that people thought was a retirement match, I decided not to deny the retirement, although, at the time, I was still not fully behind the idea of retiring. I knew I had a lot to think about, and I figured that it was as good a time as any to start planning my future.

Well, that future is now. It has been 10+ months since that match and it has actually been about 2 years since I started questioning if I wanted or if I needed Pro Wrestling in my future. After much thought, advice, help, planning and training, the answer now is a resounding YES, I do need/want Pro Wrestling to be a major part of my life. I am ready and motivated to work harder than I have ever worked before at being the best I can be and to achieve the success in this business that at one time I did not believe I was capable of achieving. I now KNOW I will achieve that level of success.

I want to thank all the fans and all my friends and family who have stuck by me throughout my life and my career. I especially want to thank all those who have helped me through the last 2 years. It has been a very difficult time in my life (I will get much deeper into that in the future), and I could not have gotten to this point without all the support I received. Those include my parents and my brother, Joe Party, Doug E. Fresh, everyone in Atlanta who helped me, Jason from TBT Gym in Clearwater, Florida (www.TBTGym.com), my new personal trainer, Lord Humungous, and my new web mistress, Shelly.

Now speaking of that, I do have a new web mistress. My old web master, Jarod, has joined the military and just does not have the time to do ChrisKanyon.com any more. I want to thank him for all he has done through the years and I wish him the best in the future. Unfortunately, we are having some trouble getting the old domain name of ChrisKanyon.com to hook up with our new server. So, for now, we will use this domain name of www.ChrisKanyon.net. We hope to have ChrisKanyon.com in the next few days. Through ChrisKanyon.net, I can be booked at [email protected]. Please, only use this e-mail address if you are a promoter or a website or radio show and you want to use me. Shelly does not have the time to go thru e-mails that are not used for this purpose.

And finally, I would like to thank all my fans that used and enjoyed ChisKanyon.com in the past. I always appreciated your support and I wish I could have been more active with the old site. If you feel that I abandoned you guys on the site, I am sorry. Some time in the future, my entire story will be told, and than, hopefully, you will not be so mad and it will be easier for you to accept my apology. Until than, I hope everyone enjoys the new site. We will use it to keep you updated on my comeback, which I promise should at least be a very interesting one. Not sure exactly where this comeback will lead, but I fully believe it will ultimately surprise and interest many, many people inside and outside of the Pro Wrestling world. If the past 2 years has taught me anything, it has taught me to always try to make the best of every situation and try to always have as much fun as you can. So, with that in mind, I invite you all to use this site to keep updated, sit back, relax, and join me in enjoying the ride.
THE RIDE CONTINUES................

[quote name='mykevermin']The whole posture she held during Hardy's call (looking up at the ceiling, kinda contemplative, most definitely in an emotional hell) was something I was very familiar with during my adolescence. It seemed very real to me...and we KNOW she's not a very good actress. :lol:

Good show overall, and as I said before, I am a big fan of blurring the lines between fantasy and reality.[/QUOTE]

Same. I'm enjoying every second of this angle. I love when the line's blurred. I'm all too familiar with the looking up at the ceiling, then lashing out.. it seemed very, very, very real.. I wouldn't mind more storylines that blurred the line..

[quote name='Scorch']Same. I'm enjoying every second of this angle. I love when the line's blurred. I'm all too familiar with the looking up at the ceiling, then lashing out.. it seemed very, very, very real.. I wouldn't mind more storylines that blurred the line..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this storyline is a real treat. If only the WWE put this much effort into their product on a regular basis...

I dunno, I don't mind it sometimes but I remember years ago when Road Warrior Hawk was battling addiction and WWE had an angle where he jumped off the Titantron. That was too blurry for my tastes. Same thing with Scott Hall and his addictions in WCW.

Kanyon's back! Holy shit!

I met him at an October 2001 house show and he was one of the nicest guys ever. Unfortunately, he was injured a couple days later on Raw and was out for a year and a half. Most of his matches after he came back were on Velocity. :(

I need to go to LA Saturday. *goes to find the show location and ticket price*

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Good to see that Kanyon is still working.

Scorch, what's that for your avatar? I can't tell; maybe my eyes are fucked up.[/QUOTE]

NHL Predator's logo.

Oh brother, Scorch isn't gonna be happy about this:

*Sony has scrapped an “ECW Collectors Edition” DVD from One Night Stand due to the sales of the One Night Stand DVD, which are doing great by itself. They don’t feel that it is necessary to release a Collectors Edition at this time, but this does not rule out the possibility of a Collectors Edition sometime down the road.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Do they sell ECW ONS at Wal-Mart?[/QUOTE]

If you can find it.

No big deal about the CE being canned. Getting a DVD burner next week, i'll burn my PPV rip of it and wait until, hopefully, an uncensored version is released.

[quote name='Scorch']
No big deal about the CE being canned. Getting a DVD burner next week, i'll burn my PPV rip of it and wait until, hopefully, an uncensored version is released.[/QUOTE]

Which PPV rip did you get, Scorch? I just got the XVID version and it came out pretty good on DVD. It's definitely good enough to hold me over until they release a proper, uncut version.

I'm surprised someone hasn't gone through and made a high-quality proper version. All they would have to do is rip the DVD, extract the Dolby track, and replace the edited audio with the uncensored versions. Then, rebuild a DVD and burn.

[quote name='Scorch']If you can find it.

No big deal about the CE being canned. Getting a DVD burner next week, i'll burn my PPV rip of it and wait until, hopefully, an uncensored version is released.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. Just figgered I'd let ya know, cause I know you were looking forward to it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']

Whoever said its a man's world never got kicked in the nuts. That's all I have to say.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was James Brown

After reading through the past 50 or so posts, it seems as though Matt Hardy's return is being received in two completely different ways. Half of you are all for it, and the other half are pissed. I fail to understand this second approach. Why would you be so upset at Matt Hardy for returning to WWE, when obviously it's the best career move. Plus many of you were screaming for his return when Vince was running the whole Edge/Lita against Kane angle, including the wedding teaser.

Picture this: WWE contacts you telling you that your decision to make your romance with another one of their stars public has resulted in them no longer needing you on tv. So you sit and brood, all the while still getting paid by WWE since you're waiting for your contract with them to expire, plus you're recovering from your injury even moreso than you would've been had you rushed back to compete at WM. You're hurt, but you move on and prepare for the future, all the while relizing that a bad twist of fate (I know that was bad) and a poor decision have ruined your life, and taken away your dream job.

Now, WWE contacts you shortly before your contract with them expires and offers you a new contract, and at the same time allows you to honor any commitments you made with other comapanies since you expected to be released. You have two choices here: A. Accept and return to WWE; B. Refuse and leave WWE forever. That's what it came down to I believe, Matt knew if he refused the deal with WWE there was no turning back, he'd never be welcomed back again. Sure it's possible that WWE will have competition again one day, but right now they don't, and TNA sure as hell isn't going to be competitive until they get a sound tv deal with a good time slot, and get rid of Jeff Jarrett... which of course can't happen.

Wrestlers get in the business to become WWE champion, any wrestler that tells you otherwise is full of shit. If Matt turned down this opportunity he was just going to end up like Bret Hart: a sore, stubborn, loser, that never learned to forgive, and move past mistakes that were made in the past. Now Matt can return to tv, and perhaps capitalize on the mistakes of the WWE, Lita and Edge and prosper as a huge fan favorite.

What happens after this "love triangle" angle runs its course is all on Matt Hardy; he's been put in a very good position to suceed though, and only a jealous idiot couldn't see that. For now Matt has been given a second chance, something WWE doesn't do that often, and certainly doesn't do in such a short time period.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Which PPV rip did you get, Scorch? I just got the XVID version and it came out pretty good on DVD. It's definitely good enough to hold me over until they release a proper, uncut version.

I'm surprised someone hasn't gone through and made a high-quality proper version. All they would have to do is rip the DVD, extract the Dolby track, and replace the edited audio with the uncensored versions. Then, rebuild a DVD and burn.[/QUOTE]

ECW.One.Night.Stand.06.12.05.SER

I only trust SER for my releases, though the guy who did it had his whatever go out, so he hasn't been able to cap Raw.

I've got a question though since i'm getting a DVD burner for my birthday on Tuesday. Don't I just.. throw the two parts to the XVID in Nero and hit burn and Nero will convert it? Or do I have to download something.. or, pretty much, wtf do I have to do?

[quote name='Scorch']ECW.One.Night.Stand.06.12.05.SER

I only trust SER for my releases, though the guy who did it had his whatever go out, so he hasn't been able to cap Raw.

I've got a question though since i'm getting a DVD burner for my birthday on Tuesday. Don't I just.. throw the two parts to the XVID in Nero and hit burn and Nero will convert it? Or do I have to download something.. or, pretty much, wtf do I have to do?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the version I have, from Seriousmill. Seriousmill does good work.

I don't know about Nero, since I don't use it. There are definitely some quickie all-in-one programs that will do what you need, but I'm not too familiar with them. I do my stuff the old-fashioned way:

1. Join the XVID parts together with VirtualDub.
2. Extract the MP3 audio from the XVID as an uncompressed WAV file with VirtualDub.
3. Open TMPGEnc, use the wizard option... use the XVID as the video source and the WAV as the audio source.
4. Set the size I want the MPEG2 file and audio file to be, and encode. Using the elementary streams output option, I end up with an M2V video file and a MP2 audio file.
5. Convert the MP2 audio file to AC3 for better compatibility, with BeSweet.
6. Load the M2V and AC3 into an authoring program, and build a simple DVD.
7. Burn and enjoy. :)

From what it seems, this is your first jump into DVD creation. I'll see if I can find something to suit your needs on VideoHelp.com

EDIT: I believe you should find something that will get the job done in these tools. If you need help, give me a holler.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=35#35

[quote name='JimmieMac']We doing a chat tonoght? Yes? No?[/QUOTE]

For SmackDown? I'm not sure if anyone would show up.

Anyone want to do a chat?

1. Join the XVID parts together with VirtualDub.
2. Extract the MP3 audio from the XVID as an uncompressed WAV file with VirtualDub.
3. Open TMPGEnc, use the wizard option... use the XVID as the video source and the WAV as the audio source.
4. Set the size I want the MPEG2 file and audio file to be, and encode. Using the elementary streams output option, I end up with an M2V video file and a MP2 audio file.
5. Convert the MP2 audio file to AC3 for better compatibility, with BeSweet.
6. Load the M2V and AC3 into an authoring program, and build a simple DVD.
7. Burn and enjoy.

Alright, I know how to do 1, 2, and 3. I have no other clue with 4, 5 and 6. If someone does a step by step, I could get it on the first try, though.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']After reading through the past 50 or so posts, it seems as though Matt Hardy's return is being received in two completely different ways. Half of you are all for it, and the other half are pissed. I fail to understand this second approach. Why would you be so upset at Matt Hardy for returning to WWE, when obviously it's the best career move. Plus many of you were screaming for his return when Vince was running the whole Edge/Lita against Kane angle, including the wedding teaser.

Picture this: WWE contacts you telling you that your decision to make your romance with another one of their stars public has resulted in them no longer needing you on tv. So you sit and brood, all the while still getting paid by WWE since you're waiting for your contract with them to expire, plus you're recovering from your injury even moreso than you would've been had you rushed back to compete at WM. You're hurt, but you move on and prepare for the future, all the while relizing that a bad twist of fate (I know that was bad) and a poor decision have ruined your life, and taken away your dream job.

Now, WWE contacts you shortly before your contract with them expires and offers you a new contract, and at the same time allows you to honor any commitments you made with other comapanies since you expected to be released. You have two choices here: A. Accept and return to WWE; B. Refuse and leave WWE forever. That's what it came down to I believe, Matt knew if he refused the deal with WWE there was no turning back, he'd never be welcomed back again. Sure it's possible that WWE will have competition again one day, but right now they don't, and TNA sure as hell isn't going to be competitive until they get a sound tv deal with a good time slot, and get rid of Jeff Jarrett... which of course can't happen.

Wrestlers get in the business to become WWE champion, any wrestler that tells you otherwise is full of shit. If Matt turned down this opportunity he was just going to end up like Bret Hart: a sore, stubborn, loser, that never learned to forgive, and move past mistakes that were made in the past. Now Matt can return to tv, and perhaps capitalize on the mistakes of the WWE, Lita and Edge and prosper as a huge fan favorite.

What happens after this "love triangle" angle runs its course is all on Matt Hardy; he's been put in a very good position to suceed though, and only a jealous idiot couldn't see that. For now Matt has been given a second chance, something WWE doesn't do that often, and certainly doesn't do in such a short time period.[/QUOTE]

how can you fault bret hart for signing a contract worth a hell of a lot more money? Not his fault that he already had the deal done when he got screwed over. You place too much blame on him and not enough on both McMahon and Bischoff. He got worked over by both places and was never given a chance to succeed after Montreal

also it pisses me off because he copped out and I don't think it was his best career move. He is going to return to being a mid card wrestler after this fight with Edge, and eventually is going to be put in the same position he was before (just hanging on). TNA may be far from a TV deal, but they are not too far off. He could have went there and either reunited with his brother or gone straight after the heavyweight strap (which they would have given him to piss off WWE).

also anyone who tells you they are over being cheated on for as long as Matt had a relation with Amy is a fucking liar. There is no way you get over it in that short amount of time, and then to put yourself in a work over it, it just shows you really don't care about those who supported you and only care about the money because if you didn't, you would be too bitter to go straight back to the company who fired you

[quote name='CaseyRyback']how can you fault bret hart for signing a contract worth a hell of a lot more money? Not his fault that he already had the deal done when he got screwed over. You place too much blame on him and not enough on both McMahon and Bischoff. He got worked over by both places and was never given a chance to succeed after Montreal[/quote]

I can blame Bret because years after the infamous Montrael incident McMahon (and Michaels) was willing to apologize, yet Hart refused to accept his apology and move on with his life. Hart could've showed up and made a ton of money at just one Wrestlemania. That's as far as I'm gonna go into the whole Bret thing right now though, this is about Matt. If you want to separate the two and discuss it further I'll be more than happy to.

also it pisses me off because he copped out and I don't think it was his best career move. He is going to return to being a mid card wrestler after this fight with Edge, and eventually is going to be put in the same position he was before (just hanging on). TNA may be far from a TV deal, but they are not too far off. He could have went there and either reunited with his brother or gone straight after the heavyweight strap (which they would have given him to piss off WWE).

How is it a cop out and not the best career move going back to WWE? There is no rival company, TNA is not a rival to WWE until they get a serious TV deal. There's no way Matt was going to hold the title there either. Look at how quickly they pushed Jeff Hardy out of the spotlight after they fed him to Jarrett. Jarrett may have dropped the title for now, but I assure you it won't be for long. Let's just say Matt did win the title somehow, it wouldn't have been for more than a month, he'd have been pushed into a tag team with Jeff. As for being pushed back to the mid-card, that's all on Matt. If the fans continue to cheer him after the feud with Edge, then Matt will continue to receive a push. The guys that get the biggest push are the ones that the crowd responds to, it's always been that way. You can only push a wrestler so far based on his appearance (Scott Steiner anyone?) and eventually it's on that guy to take himself to the next level. Look at HBK he wasn't a huge guy by any means, but he was great in the ring, on the mic and he was hella over, and as a result he's looked upon as one of the all-time greats. I'm not trying to compare Matt to HBK, but you get the idea here I hope.

also anyone who tells you they are over being cheated on for as long as Matt had a relation with Amy is a
shaqfu.gif
ing liar.
True

There is no way you get over it in that short amount of time, and then to put yourself in a work over it, it just shows you really don't care about those who supported you and only care about the money because if you didn't, you would be too bitter to go straight back to the company who fired you

False, if it were me I'd do the same damn thing. The company that fired him isn't something like Target or a job that is easily replaced. This is the WWE, it's THE SHOW as far as wrestling is concerned. By going back Matt is definitely going to make Amy's life a living hell, and who knows maybe she'll be the one that quits in the end. I see Matt or Edge & Amy ending up SD when this feud is over though.

Unless Matt tries to reconcile with Amy
new_puke.gif

Jeff came to TNA with heat from the wrong reasons and not letting him have the strap was a smart thing. Matt's heat is completely different and he could help put them on the map, also no matter where he goes he is going to get pushed back to mid card status, it is just that with TNA he would have a chance to be champion and generate enough heat to put him in a position to make himself an elite wrestler.

Also you can't go into a company with the desire to try and get someone fired. I am sure that there are clauses in his contract that state he has to stay away from them and not make the workplace a living hell. The last thing the WWE wants is to be sued because Edge and Amy felt they were harassed until the point where they had to quit.

Err I think just Matt being there has to wear on Amy. I truly believe Edge couldn't care less about the whole situation. I don't think Edge is going to be comforting Amy backstage, or acknowledging Matt's presence either. I believe Edge is going to go out and do what he's been trying to do since he first signed with WWE and that is become WWE champion.

I must disagree with Matt being only mid-card material though. The guy is getting a huge pop now, albeit for the wrong reasons, but you've got to remember the Hardy Boyz were at one point over big time with the fans. Look at Christian who has slowly worked his way up towards the edge of the top of the card, getting matches with Batista and Cena. Matt has the in-ring ability, the charisma and with a little polish the mic skills to be a star. Will it happen, probably not, but the WWE is in desparate need of another Bret Hart, HBK, or Steve Austin, someone that relied on charisma and talent over just being freakishly huge to get over. Right now WWE really only has one guy like that, and that's obviously Kurt Angle. Hopefully Christian is the next one. You could make a case for Jericho, but he never really made it over the hump to the next level, despite being the undisputed champion, same goes for Eddie and Benoit, who were both perhaps wasted too much time in WCW. The point is Matt is in a position in which if he works the crowd right from here on out he could be a top card guy. WWE won't ignore fan reactions.

OK, I lied. How do I join the video in VirtualDub?

I was just hoping you could slap the divx in a track list thing and nero would convert it..

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Just wondering... where exactly did you guys download the ECW ONS PPV?[/QUOTE]

We'd have to kill you if we told you.

[quote name='Scorch']Actually, it just says "Cannot append segment: The audio streams have different data formats".. interesting[/QUOTE]

Now I remember. I had the same problem. I had to convert each piece to MPEG2, and then join those pieces with TMPGEnc.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Now I remember. I had the same problem. I had to convert each piece to MPEG2, and then join those pieces with TMPGEnc.[/QUOTE]

What'd you use to convert AVI to MPEG2? I've never been able to do that.

You should really get instant messenger or something

[quote name='Scorch']What'd you use to convert AVI to MPEG2? I've never been able to do that.

You should really get instant messenger or something[/QUOTE]

I use TMPGEnc Plus to convert the AVI to MPEG2.

I don't like to use instant messengers, unfortunately. I don't have any use for them.

Maybe what I can do is figure out a guide for you, and then send you a pack with all the necessary tools and such. I'll see if I can start on that later tonight or tomorrow.

Wow that " His partners dead " thing about Hawk was kinda low but nothing new for WWE..and I downloaded the ECW One Night Stand on Alt.Binaries.Pro-Wrestling

You have no use for instant messengers? Don't you have friends?

I'm converting this ONS CD1 to mpeg, it says there's 20 hours left.. dubya tee eff? the resolution is probably way too high .. says:

624x480 @ 29.97 fps, 1150kbps, Layer-2 48000Hz 192kbps

..am i really going to have to sit 20 hours for this thing to convert

[quote name='Scorch']You have no use for instant messengers? Don't you have friends? [/QUOTE]

Not really... I guess not. The friends I did have either moved away, or I had problems with them and now we aren't friends. Even when things were better, I rarely used instant messengers. Man, now I feel bummed out...

[quote name='Scorch']I'm converting this ONS CD1 to mpeg, it says there's 20 hours left.. dubya tee eff?[/QUOTE]

What are you using to convert to MPEG2? Also, what are the specs on your computer?

[quote name='Scorch']624x480 @ 29.97 fps, 1150kbps, Layer-2 48000Hz 192kbps [/QUOTE]

That's not going to do you any good for DVD. Cancel the process.

Valid DVD resolutions:

720x480 (NTSC MPEG2) almost any bitrate @ 29.97fps
352x480 (NTSC MPEG2) almost any bitrate @ 29.97fps
352x240 (NTSC MPEG1), 1150kbps @ 29.97fps

I won't get into PAL or 23.976fps NTSCFilm...

Valid DVD audio:

48000Hz in either PCM or AC3. Layer-2 (MP2) is supported on some DVD players, but isn't a valid DVD spec. You can use any bitrate, but for optimum quality use the following ranges:

192-224kbps for 2.0 tracks, and 384-448kbps for 5.1 tracks.

As for setting the bitrate for an MPEG2 video, that's up to you. Personally, I just use constant bitrate and keep things simple. If you want, you can do multi-pass variable bitrate for optimum quality, but it takes a long, long time...

Damn, I sound like a nerd. No wonder I don't have many friends...

I keep setting up one thing as a DVD.. like I'm not converting it's trying to convert the AVI to a 4.2 or 4.3gb file.. that's not what I want to do.. I've got the audio and resolution and everything, but it won't convert to anything less than a 4.3gb file

[quote name='Scorch']I keep setting up one thing as a DVD.. like I'm not converting it's trying to convert the AVI to a 4.2 or 4.3gb file.. that's not what I want to do.. I've got the audio and resolution and everything, but it won't convert to anything less than a 4.3gb file[/QUOTE]

It sounds like your program is trying to maximize the file to fit on a DVD with the best possible quality. A blank, single-layer DVD holds up to 4.37GB.

Since the event was at least 2.5 hours, I would try to get the filesize as high as possible while still fitting on the DVD.

I know that you still want to learn how to do conversions and authoring since you are going to be getting a DVD burner, but if you'd like I can send you a copy of the DVD I made. It's nothing fancy. It just starts with a static menu and a button to play the event. There are chapters scattered every few minutes or so at random.

Let me know if you are interested. Good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back