Demolition's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I'll be your friend Jack

In other news, I "forgot" to watch SD tonight, surprise, surprise[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

And I forgot to watch it, too.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']It sounds like your program is trying to maximize the file to fit on a DVD with the best possible quality. A blank, single-layer DVD holds up to 4.37GB.

Since the event was at least 2.5 hours, I would try to get the filesize as high as possible while still fitting on the DVD.

I know that you still want to learn how to do conversions and authoring since you are going to be getting a DVD burner, but if you'd like I can send you a copy of the DVD I made. It's nothing fancy. It just starts with a static menu and a button to play the event. There are chapters scattered every few minutes or so at random.

Let me know if you are interested. Good luck with your project.[/QUOTE]

Definately interested, but it'd still be cool to make my own. TMPGENC is trying to convert one file to the full DVD size, yes, I just want it converted to mpeg, I wanted to try to make my own.. I was going to throw in "extreme heat" on before it. I'd need the DVD by Tuesday and I don't think that could happen..

I'm going to have to learn how to do this sometime if I want all my episodes of Scrubs to be on DVD.

[quote name='Scorch']Definately interested, but it'd still be cool to make my own. TMPGENC is trying to convert one file to the full DVD size, yes, I just want it converted to mpeg, I wanted to try to make my own.. I was going to throw in "extreme heat" on before it. I'd need the DVD by Tuesday and I don't think that could happen..

I'm going to have to learn how to do this sometime if I want all my episodes of Scrubs to be on DVD.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend adding "Extreme Heat" to the DVD. That would bring the total runtime to around 3.5 hours, and your DVD would look extremely blocky. The only ways around that problem is to encode at half-resolution (352x480), or at VCD resolution (352x240 @ 1150kbps). With VCD resolution, you can fit about 7 hours on a DVD.

If you need a copy of the DVD by Tuesday, I could probably send it Priority and it would get there in time. Well, anyways, good luck. It takes time to learn this stuff, but eventually it'll become something you can do blindfolded. :)

I don't know if thas been posted since I'm avoiding the thread until I get caught up so here it is. This was posted on TV Guide's site on Tuesday.

LOW BLOW: UPN is coming under fire for an installment of WWE Smackdown that appeared to depict a terrorist-like attack in the ring. The sketch — which aired last Thursday, the same day as the bombings in London — featured five Arabs in ski masks choking WWE wrestler the Undertaker while another Arab wrestler knelt in the corner and prayed. Per Variety, UPN claims they were unable to alter the episode in time for broadcast. "Due to the tragic events in London, we took the added measure of running an advisory four times throughout the broadcast so that viewers could make the appropriate viewing decision for their household," the network said in a statement. "We will continue to monitor the situation involving this character and story line." Meanwhile, WWE spokesman Gary Davis is urging viewers to tune in this Thursday to see how the plot "gets straightened out." If you don't, then the terrorists will have won.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I wouldn't recommend adding "Extreme Heat" to the DVD. That would bring the total runtime to around 3.5 hours, and your DVD would look extremely blocky. The only ways around that problem is to encode at half-resolution (352x480), or at VCD resolution (352x240 @ 1150kbps). With VCD resolution, you can fit about 7 hours on a DVD.

If you need a copy of the DVD by Tuesday, I could probably send it Priority and it would get there in time. Well, anyways, good luck. It takes time to learn this stuff, but eventually it'll become something you can do blindfolded. :)[/QUOTE]

So can you give me a step-by-step on how to convert the AVI to mpeg without having it come out at like 4gb.. i want to be able to fit part one and two on one thing... i just want to convert them to mpeg, slap them together and burn it as a DVD.. I had no clue it'd be this difficult

OK, I'm working on a guide for you right now. Do you have something to author the DVD with? I know that there are some simple freeware ones, like IFOEdit, out there so that you can author the DVD and turn the MPEG2 into the VOB set you need for burning.

1. Open Video 1 in VirtualDub. You may get a message saying something like "the variable bitrate of the audio is not supported; we recommend you
uncompress the audio." That is what we will do: uncompress the audio. Click on the Audio tab, and check the "Full Processing Mode" option. Then, check the
Compression option and make sure that it is set for PCM (No Compression). Check the conversion option and make sure that everything is set to default (no changes),
since you want to keep your new audio as close to the original as possible.

2. Click on File, Save WAV to save the uncompressed WAV version of the audio track.

3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for Video 2.

4. Open TMPGEnc Plus, and open the Project Wizard (if it doesn't already pop up).

5. Select the DVD - NTSC option and click Next. The default will probably be something like XXX minutes @ xxxx kbps constant bitrate. You don't have to worry about
that setting. Just make sure it is set for one of the CBR options.

6. Load Video 1 under Video File.

7. Load the Uncompressed WAV File of Video 1 under Audio File. You don't need to worry about the "Expert Setting for Source" stuff, since the Wizard sets
that all up for you.

8. Go ahead and click Next again to skip Project Wizard 3/5 screen. You don't need to worry about that screen unless you wanted to apply filters or just encode
a certain time of the video, so it doesn't apply here.

9. You are now at the 4/5: Bitrate Setting screen. Your files are evenly split (or close) already, so you'll want to make both pieces the same size. A DVD
can hold about 4463MB at the most, so select something like 2100 MB as your estimated filesize, so that you allow some room for the space that the authoring
info takes up. Click next.

10. Specify a name for the piece and where you want it saved. Make sure that "Output as elementary streams" is not checked.

11. You can either select Start Encoding Immediately and then repeat Steps 4-10, or Select the "Create Another Project for Batch Encoding" to set up piece 2
to encode right after piece 1 finishes.

12. After encoding each half, you should end up with 2 MPEG2 files about 2 GB or so in size. Open TMPGEnc Plus, and go to File, MPEG Tools.

13. Click on the Merge & Cut tab.

14. Under "Type," select "MPEG2 Program - VBR."

15. Click Add, and select Piece 1 and click OK.

16. Click Add, and select Piece 2 and click OK.

17. Under "Output," select a name for your complete file and where you want it saved. Then, hit "Run" to splice the pieces together.

18. From here, we will need to decide where to go...

TO BE CONTINUED

Major major thanks for helping me with this, you rule.. i'll give all that a try later tonight, should be fairly simple, i'm used to cutting/splicing/converting audio and whatnot, it's just video and the syncing that i have a problem with

[quote name='Scorch']Major major thanks for helping me with this, you rule.. i'll give all that a try later tonight, should be fairly simple, i'm used to cutting/splicing/converting audio and whatnot, it's just video and the syncing that i have a problem with[/QUOTE]

There shouldn't be a sync problem with this method. That is why the uncompressed WAV files are made.

The only other things we will have to consider:

Do you want to convert the audio to AC3 to guarantee compatibility with your DVD player? Most players will play MPEG audio, but not all.

What are we going to author with?

Also, those steps I gave you will work with pretty much any kind of file, so feel free to save it and keep it as your main guide.

Glad I could help. :)

Authoring? As in building/restructuring? If that's what you mean, I use DVD Shrink for that.

My DVD player is a Sony DVP-NS575P.. there should be a list of audio compatibility out there somewhere

[quote name='Scorch']Authoring? As in building/restructuring? If that's what you mean, I use DVD Shrink for that.

My DVD player is a Sony DVP-NS575P.. there should be a list of audio compatibility out there somewhere[/QUOTE]

By authoring, I mean taking an M2V (video) and an MP2/AC3 (audio), and putting them into a program... possibly adding menus and such, and then the program takes the files and does compiling into a Title Set (composed of VOB files).

I don't think that DVDShrink does that.

Either way, it's only a few more minutes or so to convert to AC3.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']And for the first time in CAG history, the wrestling thread has been jacked[/QUOTE]

*pats self on back*

Technically, he's helping me with ECW: ONS, so it's still on topic..

I know Scorch, but it's really more of a testament to the current state of SD! among other things. SD was on tonight, and there has been very little mention of what happened on that show, leading me to believe that there really aren't that many people watching or even interested in SD, regardless of Batista being moved over there. Of course if you read the spoilers, then I suppose you knew all too well that it was not a good show. Plus the weather is so nice out right now, that it's really hard for me (and I'm sure others) to stay in more than one night a week to watch television.

SmackDown's just uninteresting. No storylines that are interesting.. i'd only watch to see the bWo but they weren't on tonight (though Meanie said in his myspace blog that they will be on next week's show).

Jack, you should've never taught me how to do this. I'm already converting part one (4hrs 30mins left!) and part two is in queue.. after that, i'll probably let my computer sleep for an hour or two (it's been on since Tuesday) and then i'll tackle Extreme Heat and probably the ONS pre-show for a double disc ONS set.

As far as chapters go.. can I set the chapters at the marks I want or is it in intervals (every 5 minutes/10 minutes/20 minutes, etc).. i'd like to do it at the marks I want.. I'd set it up like.. Styles intro, Foley intro, ECW intro, Jericho/Storm Entrance, Jericho/Storm match, etc..

This'll take a few days, but man, this is going to RULE when it's done.

Also, I selected non-interlace because i've seen interlaced video and interlaced video is ugh. So I hope that doesn't mess anything up.

I watch Smackdown or tape it every week. Hell, I even do that for Velocity and Heat. I enjoy all of WWE's shows. I simply don't discuss that show in here because I live on the west coast and the Los Angeles UPN affiliate doesn't air SD until 8 PM Pacific time. Since I don't want the show spoiled, I avoid any and all wrestling discussion before and during the show.

Speaking of Velocity, when is it? People are saying that the main event (no vs. spoilers) is one of the best technical matches in years

I still find it insanely hilarious that ECW had the money to use real songs and Vince didn't want to pony up the cash.. except for Sandman's song, which was a great move.. glad Dreamer convinced Vince to do that.. if/when they have another reunion, maybe Vince will get everyone's themes..

Crap. It's encoding at 352x480, where the original is 624x480.. is this going to be a huge difference?

EDIT: Storms are brewing so I decided to cancel the encoding. I checked what was done and it looked alright I guess, there was just major pixelation when lights flashed.. I guess i'll try the 700something x480 resolution when I do this tomorrow.. audio was spot on though.. so is that all there is to it? Just strip the audio, leave it uncompressed, add the video and audio, merge, add tracks/chapters and then burn? That's actually a lot more simple than I thought it'd be.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I know Scorch, but it's really more of a testament to the current state of SD! among other things. SD was on tonight, and there has been very little mention of what happened on that show, leading me to believe that there really aren't that many people watching or even interested in SD, regardless of Batista being moved over there. Of course if you read the spoilers, then I suppose you knew all too well that it was not a good show. Plus the weather is so nice out right now, that it's really hard for me (and I'm sure others) to stay in more than one night a week to watch television.[/QUOTE]

I already forgot anything about the show practically. I watched for Batista, Hassan and I wanted to see the bWo crush JBL's skull in this time. Well, I guess I got to see Batista. :p

It was seriously cool seeing the staples and the shaved patch of hair on JBL though. I hope that was real. :twisted:

[quote name='Scorch']Crap. It's encoding at 352x480, where the original is 624x480.. is this going to be a huge difference?

EDIT: Storms are brewing so I decided to cancel the encoding. I checked what was done and it looked alright I guess, there was just major pixelation when lights flashed.. I guess i'll try the 700something x480 resolution when I do this tomorrow.. audio was spot on though.. so is that all there is to it? Just strip the audio, leave it uncompressed, add the video and audio, merge, add tracks/chapters and then burn? That's actually a lot more simple than I thought it'd be.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's pretty much all there is to it. :)

I did want to see Benoit vs Regal actually... assuming that was on SD, and not velocity, christ that should be the main event on SD.

I had a crazy idea a bit ago, that involved the roster split, it involved taking all the smaller guys (read around 6') that are more technical wrestlers. Guys that can actually wrestle and putting them on one show. Then putting all the guys that are just built, and over for some reason or another on the other show.

So Raw would have: Batista, Cena, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Viscera, HHH, JBL, etc

SD would have: Kurt Angle, Christian, Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Edge, Matt Hardy, HBK, Regal, etc

That way the matches would be more balanced, I think it'd be interesting, but of course I live in a fantasy world...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yep, that's pretty much all there is to it. :)[/QUOTE]

What about the chapter authoring.. I think I may start on Family Guy Season 4 DVD's today..

[quote name='Scorch']What about the chapter authoring.. I think I may start on Family Guy Season 4 DVD's today..[/QUOTE]

The chapter and DVD authoring all depends on what program you are using.

I'm collecting the Family Guy Season 4 episodes, too, along with a couple of other series like Viva La Bam Seasons 4 & 5, and Reno 911! Season 3. I plan to do DVDs for them when the seasons are over.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I did want to see Benoit vs Regal actually... assuming that was on SD, and not velocity, christ that should be the main event on SD.

I had a crazy idea a bit ago, that involved the roster split, it involved taking all the smaller guys (read around 6') that are more technical wrestlers. Guys that can actually wrestle and putting them on one show. Then putting all the guys that are just built, and over for some reason or another on the other show.

So Raw would have: Batista, Cena, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Viscera, HHH, JBL, etc

SD would have: Kurt Angle, Christian, Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Edge, Matt Hardy, HBK, Regal, etc

That way the matches would be more balanced, I think it'd be interesting, but of course I live in a fantasy world...[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome idea you have. It would definitely make for a more entertaining federation. Plus, I'm sure that a lot of people would watch both.

I think I read that the Benoit/Regal match was on Velocity, and that it was amazing and a must-watch. So, I'll set the DVR later to catch it. Sounds great from what I've read.

The fact that Benoit and Regal got pushed to Velocity shows the direction that WWE is headed in :roll:

Wasn't Benoit the WWE champion just 1 year ago? My God he fell faster than Chris Jericho

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']The fact that Benoit and Regal got pushed to Velocity shows the direction that WWE is headed in :roll:

Wasn't Benoit the WWE champion just 1 year ago? My God he fell faster than Chris Jericho[/QUOTE]

Yep. From being the champ to main eventing on Velocity. Unreal.

[quote name='Scorch']Yep. From being the champ to main eventing on Velocity. Unreal.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't he on SD last week though? Hopefully it is just a one week thing (although he definitely hasn't been on the top card, so maybe not...).

I was just watching a couple of wrestling videos I have on the PC, like the "Botches" video and the "WWE Desire - History" video. The Desire video brought back a lot of memories, as well as the fact that over half of the people in the video have passed away...

I remember this awesome house show I attended in the early 90s. I kid you not, there were at least 20 matches and the show lasted about 5 hours or so (I had to leave during the main event because my father was feeling ill). Lots of great action, even though there were some wrestlers wrestling multiple times (such as Savio Vega wrestling about 6 times; he got big pops every time he came out because he put a lot of effort into his matches).

One of my favorite matches that night was Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart in a Brawl (no DQ or countouts). They fought for about 30 minutes, even heading into the crowd and backstage areas before Bret managed to get the win. Owen was a terrific heel...

I laughed out loud when Bret had Owen in a submission and yelled at Earl Hebner, "What the hell are you looking at?! This is a wrestling match, not a staring contest!"

Also, I got to see pretty much the whole roster that night... tons of names... Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Jeff Jarrett, King Kong Bundy, Ted DiBiase, the Bushwhackers, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Ken Shamrock... the list goes on and on.

Unfortunately, that night I also had to be subjected to Tatanka spewing out racist terms at a fan and pushing down a little kid...

House shows kicked ass back then... :)

[quote name='MorPhiend']Wasn't he on SD last week though? Hopefully it is just a one week thing (although he definitely hasn't been on the top card, so maybe not...).[/QUOTE]

Well, he is going to take the US title at GAB, unless the office thinks that Orlando Jordan is due for a JBL push (that would be the "what the hell are they thinking pushing this guy!?!?" push).

Considering who is the US champ, Benoit might as well be fighting for the right to be the last person picked to play kickball.

My (Brief) Life with the WWE

By WWE Diva Search contestant Alexis (AKA Leilene - costar of National Lampoon's Strip Poker )

When WWE personality Jonathon Coachman told me - live on TV, during Monday Night Raw - that I had just been eliminated from the 2005 Diva Search competition, I left the ring and took my lingerie-clad body backstage, where the WWE superstars reacted to my dismissal with a mixture of uncomfortable ambivalence and being genuinely pissed off. One of the other divas told me that world champion Batista - who was so supportive of me during my tenure with the company - actually snarled: "So, this is how it's gonna be, huh?" Nobody dared to answer Batista... which is understandable, considering that he's 300 pounds of pure muscle and strong enough to bench press a Buick.

And thus ended my abbreviated run as a WWE performer.
Since leaving the WWE a few days ago, I've been flooded with questions from sports entertainment enthusiasts from around the world. Everyone wants to know the inside story on what really goes on behind the scenes - and what it's like to be a member of the WWE family. So, without further ado, let me pull the curtain wide open... and answer all the questions that you're dying to know:

What are the WWE superstars like when the cameras aren't broadcasting their every move?

Well, almost without exception, everyone at the WWE is respectful, professional, and a delight to be around. Stephanie McMahon is incredibly cool and a big supporter of us ladies - and Vince McMahon truly loves the wrestling industry, constantly encouraging us to give just a little more effort. Eric Bischoff used to be the main competitor of Vince's when he ran WCW, but he's humble and gracious to everyone backstage, and couldn't help himself from chatting with us! Batista and I got along famously (he's half Filipino, and I lived in the Philippines until I was five). Edge is a Canadian citizen - as am I - and enjoyed giving me a hard time for wearing a red, white & blue bikini on July 4th. John Cena is a smooth dawg and certainly knows how to make a lady feel good about herself! We were told to refrain from socializing with the WWE performers, but we ended up interacting backstage anyway. Hey, it's awfully tough to keep a bunch of healthy young athletes separated from near-naked divas!

What were the other Diva Search contestants like?

Most of them are sweethearts. We were all in the same boat, so we tried to help each other as much as possible. Here's my breakdown:

* Cameron is incredible; we're going to be very good friends for a long time to come. She'd be a much better fit on a runway in Paris or Milan than eating canvas inside the squared circle! Following the Bikini Boot Camp event, we laughed together over her head getting stuck in the net they placed over the wrestling ring. I told her that she looked like a giraffe!
* Simona is beautiful and sexy - and she certainly knows how to have a great time out on the town! With her European charm, she has an uncanny way of wrapping men around her little finger.
* Kristal is a warm, genuine person who I'll truly miss; she might've been angrier than I was when I got eliminated! Kristal also has a Big Show-sized crush on John Cena! But she needs to stop playing PLINKO; this isn't the Price Is Right , so chill on being a Bob Barker beauty - and concentrate on taking that cash home, girl!
* Ashley is a classy, wonderful lady, but I think she'd be better off being herself - instead of trying to be Avril Lavigne when the cameras are on. Some of the wrestlers didn't look too pleased when Ashley tried out a few wrestling moves in the ring last week, which hurt her feelings (plus, the crowd didn't seem too into it, either). Ashley, just stay true to yourself, and this contest is yours!
* Elisabeth is a great athlete, and of all the girls, I think she would make the best wrestler.
* Summer is a country girl who reminded me of Stacy Kiebler - which is a heck of a compliment. Yeah, everyone was laughing at her when she tried to do a high-leg kick two weeks ago... and promptly fell on her ass! But she got back up and persevered; I was so proud of her for that. I sometimes call her the "dopey diva" because she was practicing that move again in heels backstage... and nearly tumbled again! Physically, Summer looks almost too perfect... if such a thing is possible!
* And Leyla ? She took a number of shots at me on the WWE webpage this week, but I'm not taking it personally. With me gone, she's trying so hard to be the "heel" of the group, and I can't fault a girl for selling her character! It's a wise departure from how she portrayed herself before, which was as an airhead ditz.

I encourage all of you to vote for the lady you want: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/2005divasearch/ . Happy voting!

What was the deal with Leyla's "wardrobe malfunction" on the July 4 edition of Raw ?

In a contest like this, you need to work hard to standout from the rest of the pack. So, to "pop" the crowd on Independence Day, I had white stars stuck over my nipples, so I could tear off my top and flash with impunity! But I wasn't really sure if that would be allowed, so I told Stephanie McMahon what I was planning a few hours before Raw hit the airwaves. She consulted with a few people and got back with me, saying that she appreciated the heads-up, but the WWE would prefer that I not show anyone my pasties. Leyla was planning on doing the exact same thing - only with red stickers - and one of the other diva contestants ratted her out to the WWE officials beforehand. That's why the WWE was so ready to disqualify her from the Bikini Boot Camp portion of the contest.

Still, her so-called "wardrobe malfunction" certainly got her lots of attention, so in retrospect, she did the right thing by baring flesh. I thought about going through with the boob-flash anyway myself... but with the WWE reserving the right to change the rules without notice, I thought it would be best not to antagonize anyone with a "McMahon" surname. Plus, I didn't know the TV or legal consequences of engaging in another Janet Jackson boobgate. Oh, well!

What were the WWE writers like?

Both of the writers we worked with hadn't been with the company for that long, and didn't seem as familiar with wrestling history as you'd anticipate. To be fair, they were new - just like us Diva Search contestants - and we were all learning the ropes together. On July 11, I was planning on making an allusion to Katie Vick in a poem I wrote for the talent competition... and one of the writers didn't even know who Katie Vick was. Very strange. (By the way, Eric Bischoff overheard my poem and was laughing his ass off, which made me feel pretty good!) When we Diva Search candidates wanted reliable feedback, most of us went to Stephanie McMahon.

Why do you think you were voted off?

I wish I could blame someone other than myself... but the bottom line is that I didn't do well in the Bikini Boot Camp competition, and out of all the girls, I finished the race with the worst time. But the WWE didn't reveal the online voting tally with any of us - other than to acknowledge a few voting anomalies that they had to correct, such as some girls receiving thousands of votes from single computers. Really, who knows what happened?

I just didn't think I'd fare well in the Diva Search battle by portraying myself as the typical happy-go-lucky Barbie doll, so I tried to stay true to who I am - which is an aggressive, cutthroat ass-kicker! Unfortunately, my skills are with the microphone and martial arts... which weren't all that helpful when you're getting timed jumping up & down in a potato sack, ala the Bikini Boot Camp!

Did the WWE give you those outfits?

Nope. We provided our own clothes, lingerie, boots, etc. The WWE had fabulous makeup artists on staff, armed with an expensive airbrush system. Those artists did an amazing job.

Of course, now I'm stuck with all this ultra-skimpy lingerie! Got any suggestions on what I should do with it?

Who was the best-looking wrestler in person?

Believe it or not, it's Romeo of the Heart Throbs. I know he's portraying a major cheeseball on stage, but he has piercing blue eyes and a damn good body. He's hella fine - and made me wish my name wasn't Alexis, but Juliet!

Speaking of your name, why was it changed to Alexis?

The WWE felt that Leyla and Leilene sounded too similar - plus, we both are Canadian, we both did work for National Lampoon, etc. So I chose the name Alexis, based on the bitchy Dynasty character. The name Alexis also comes first alphabetically with this group of girls, and I hoped that being listed first on the WWE website might give me an advantage with the voting. Guess not!

Were any of the wrestlers resentful towards the Diva Search contestants?

About a dozen WWE superstars had just been released from the company, so there was some considerable backstage tension. Trying to be sensitive about this, I didn't want to come across like a wannabe - or act as if I thought I was "one of the boys" when I hadn't come close to paying my dues yet - because I respect these performers so much. Instead, I took the attitude that the WWE believes that the right woman with the right look would only enhance their overall program, and tried to fit in the best I could.

What's next for you?

I might be out of the WWE family, but I have a home with National Lampoon! Check me out in National Lampoon's Strip Poker on Pay-Per-View and Video on Demand - where I'll show you a side of me that the WWE censors would never allow! Trust me - when I flash the cameras in National Lampoon's Strip Poker , my puppies won't be hiding under any lame stickers!

Let's go all in, boys!

http://www.nationallampoon.com/strip_poker/gallery/strip_poker_Leilene_wwe.html
(NSFW, includes see-through fishnet picture)

I'm glad she lost. She always seemed grumpy and she appeared to act better than the other contestants (and the fans). I was so paranoid that she was going to somehow stay on longer than the first week.

I was happy to see her go too, although had she come off more like she did in that interview, I may have thought otherwise. Next to go... I'll say Simona, or whichever one was dressed like Conan the Barbarian.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I was happy to see her go too, although had she come off more like she did in that interview, I may have thought otherwise. Next to go... I'll say Simona, or whichever one was dressed like Conan the Barbarian.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: a ahahahaha

Definitely. I think that one got the worst boo so far. I think the ones I favor most are Ashley, Summer and Elizabeth. (I think those are the ones.)

I'm gonna have to say this one ends with Cameron and Ashley, not sure who wins though. Ashley wants to be an actual wrestler a little too much for her own good, so if I had to pick I'll go with Cameron.

[quote name='kittie']Ugh. Diva search talk. Come on kids, step it up.[/QUOTE]

OK...

Umm...

How does everyone think the Hogan/Michaels angle is going to go? Apparently, from regional advertisements, it's the MAIN EVENT of SummerSlam.

[quote name='kittie']Ugh. Diva search talk. Come on kids, step it up.[/QUOTE]

I don't care for the diva talk, but you truly ought to participate in the conversation instead of direct it.

Here's one: TNA is a shitty promotion. Discuss.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']To everyone that ordered the Hardcore Homecoming DVD:

It ships Friday, July 22.

That's a ways off from the late June date, ain't it?[/QUOTE]

Psht, that was announced in June. They bumped it back to add more stuff to it. I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Scorch']Psht, that was announced in June. They bumped it back to add more stuff to it. I'm not complaining.[/QUOTE]

Joey Styles is slow, then. I just saw it today on 1wrestling.com

It's great that they added more goodies to it. What did they add, exactly?

Don't know. I haven't looked. The only thing I read about was fan reaction and the arrival of the hat guy. He (Joey) adds that every day as a reminder. It's weird to go and see it 10 articles down, go back, and it'll be at the top.

[quote name='Scorch']Don't know. I haven't looked. The only thing I read about was fan reaction and the arrival of the hat guy. He (Joey) adds that every day as a reminder. It's weird to go and see it 10 articles down, go back, and it'll be at the top.[/QUOTE]

So, he repeats it every day then? That would explain things.

I remember reading about the fan stuff; should be interesting.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't care for the diva talk, but you truly ought to participate in the conversation instead of direct it.

Here's one: TNA is a shitty promotion. Discuss.[/QUOTE]

As far as the wrestling goes, it isn't shitty.

Financially, it's an overwhelming disaster, though.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Well, I got the PPV version of ONS on DVD. Best PPV I have EVER seen.[/QUOTE]

On a quality standpoint, ONS definitely wasn't.

But I never watched ECW in its heyday, and ONS was still the most enjoyable PPV I've watched in at least 5 years.

It was a breath of fresh air from the same old WWE we've been forced to see for a few years now. The workers wanted to make this seem like a special show. There wasn't even any feuds (except for having the anti-WCW whatever guys there, and they were pointless), and there was more passion than anything WWE does.

If ECW had a weekly, or even a monthly show, would they keep this up? I doubt it. But, it's still something WWE should look to try adding to their product, somehow.

[quote name='kittie']On a quality standpoint, ONS definitely wasn't.

But I never watched ECW in its heyday, and ONS was still the most enjoyable PPV I've watched in at least 5 years.

It was a breath of fresh air from the same old WWE we've been forced to see for a few years now. The workers wanted to make this seem like a special show. There wasn't even any feuds (except for having the anti-WCW whatever guys there, and they were pointless), and there was more passion than anything WWE does.

If ECW had a weekly, or even a monthly show, would they keep this up? I doubt it. But, it's still something WWE should look to try adding to their product, somehow.[/QUOTE]

They were thinking about it a while back, but it never happened.

I enjoyed the PPV from start to finish. I will have to jump on the bandwagon and say, Awesome/Tanaka was a great match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back