Looting in New Orleans

bostonfrontier

CAG Newbie
It kind of pisses me seeing looters in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina........

and most of them are of the same "type" of person

i don't think this thread is going to end well. rascism, whether it is in your face or subliminal, is not cool.

Its not meant to be about race man.......... "type" = low class individuals who should be shot because they're taking advantage of a desparate situation.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']It kind of pisses me seeing looters in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina........

and most of them are of the same "type" of person[/QUOTE]

I think most of them are looting for food and necessities at this point. Where the hell are they going to put a tv?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']It kind of pisses me seeing looters in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina........

and most of them are of the same "type" of person[/QUOTE]

This happens ALL THE TIME IN FLORIDA during hurricanes,you just don't see it on the news. Even during 9-11 there were people looting/scamming.

Locally today someone stole a computer at a Food Shelter.

I think looters should be shot on the spot......... police should be able to carry big ass machine guns and shoot any looters they see....... no questions asked

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I think looters should be shot on the spot......... police should be able to carry big ass machine guns and shoot any looters they see....... no questions asked[/QUOTE]

I remember police officers armed with shotguns threating the looters.

[quote name='munch']i don't think this thread is going to end well. rascism, whether it is in your face or subliminal, is not cool.[/QUOTE]
I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

And even if by 'type' he meant black people. Who cares, they are black people doing it. Nothing racist about that.

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.

At this point, does it really even matter? Where are they going to plug a TV in where there is no power? What good does a DVD player do when there is nothing to watch it on? I completely agree that looters should be shot or arrested on the spot. However, do you consider stealing food that is necessary for survival looting? I don't. You do whatever it takes to survive when you have to. There is a fine line between looting a DVD player and looting medical supplies.

I haven't seen anyone leave those stores with just food or water. Plus who the hell needs a new pair of Air Jordans during a hurricane??

I saw on the news yesterday, they were filming people running around a Walmart looting, most people with carts filled to the brim with stuff including TV's.

[quote name='musha666']I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

And even if by 'type' he meant black people. Who cares, they are black people doing it. Nothing racist about that.

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

I found a picture of a dude wading through waist-deep water and sewage floating a cooler full of Heineken's...

Hope he can drink them piss-warm!

[quote name='Arikado']http://yahooracists.ytmnd.com/[/QUOTE]
Very interesting. Granted the two did only have bread and water while the other guy had a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi and a couple garbage bags full of shit.

I do like how it's the exact same article except for the looting/finding, though.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Very interesting. Granted the two did only have bread and water while the other guy had a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi and a couple garbage bags full of shit.

I do like how it's the exact same article except for the looting/finding, though.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. Though, since a point here seems to be subconscious racism, it could be said that because they were white you assumed they were taking only basic food, but it did not mention water, instead said they were taking bread and soda.

Though most people who go into a grocery store to take food and drinks aren't going to think "well, I like pepsi but I only need water, so I'll just take the water". I wouldn't loot a mall, but going to a grocery store for food I'd grab whatever I wanted. That 20 dollar jar of olive oil I always wanted to try? Mine now. That $15 white tea I'm too cheap to buy? Mine too. I'd figure if I don't take it then someone else would.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Very interesting. Though, since a point here seems to be subconscious racism, it could be said that because they were white you assumed they were taking only basic food, but it did not mention water, instead said they were taking bread and soda.

Though most people who go into a grocery store to take food and drinks aren't going to think "well, I like pepsi but I only need water, so I'll just take the water". I wouldn't loot a mall, but going to a grocery store for food I'd grab whatever I wanted. That 20 dollar jar of olive oil I always wanted to try? Mine now. That $15 white tea I'm too cheap to buy? Mine too. I'd figure if I don't take it then someone else would.[/QUOTE]
Ooooo, touche. I was thinking of another article and attributed it to this one.

And while you're dehydrating with your tea and tainted water, I'm opening up a water park with all of my newly liberated gallons of water. :D You know, cause water is a necessity thing.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']ever notice that looters all seem to look alike?[/QUOTE]
You mean dirty and chest deep in water?

The fact of the matter is that almost all I have seen are poor ghetto residents. Not all ghetto residents are low class but it is a ghetto for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if that is why some of these clowns stayed behind.

It's not racist, its a fact. I am black and quite frankly I am ashamed to see this shit on TV.

LOL @ yahoo, white people find and EVERYONE not white loots!

I saw on the news people coming out of what looked like a shopping mall carrying arm loads of clothes and stuff, this one lady could hardly walk she had so much stuff on her back. Another video of cops going into pharmacys and the shelves were bare from looters who stole all the drugs behind the counters. I could see drugheads just praying for the town to be demolished so they can go steal drugs! It was real life GTA down around the superdome where people were killing each other and jacking cars and everything else, sad..........

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The fact of the matter is that almost all I have seen are poor ghetto residents. Not all ghetto residents are low class but it is a ghetto for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if that is why some of these clowns stayed behind.

It's not racist, its a fact. I am black and quite frankly I am ashamed to see this shit on TV.[/QUOTE]

I share your feeling man

I like how yahoo catches the bad rap for articles posted by two totally different writers working for two different news organizations. I mean you all realize that yahoo actually did not write those?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I like how yahoo catches the bad rap for articles posted by two totally different writers working for two different news organizations. I mean you all realize that yahoo actually did not write those?[/QUOTE]

You can't expect illiterate monkeys to understand that, can you?

[quote name='musha666']I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

[/QUOTE]

possibly, or maybe the way he tone lead me to infer that he was being racist. coming from the South, when someone says that 'type', which i'm assuming he's putting in quotation marks to be ambiguous, they are usually trying to signify color. also, his argument was that he found the looters appalling, something we all do, but then he had to add in the second sentence, mentioning type. could he have been talking about class, sure, but i think he was talking about race.

add in one of his next posts:

[quote name='musha666']ever notice that looters all seem to look alike?[/QUOTE]

where he again is being very ambiguous on what "look alike" means, it makes me wonder if he is again talking about race.

so no, i don't think it has anything to do with my subliminal racism, but i do think this thread has inherent racial overotnes in it. i was just bringing it out.

What is this, 3000 B.C.? All people looting should be shot and killed? What the hell happened to the criminal system---ya know, the judge, jury, trial thing we're guaranteed in the amendments? Maybe we should just cut the hands off people who steal, just like our good friends the Taliban.

[quote name='arsenalgear']What is this, 3000 B.C.? All people looting should be shot and killed? What the hell happened to the criminal system---ya know, the judge, jury, trial thing we're guaranteed in the amendments? Maybe we should just cut the hands off people who steal, just like our good friends the Taliban.[/QUOTE]
We should, when its "those" people doing it :roll:

[quote name='the3rdkey']Diasters like this always bring out the best and worst in people.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.[/QUOTE]

Come on, what else could he mean by "type?" Did he mean the "type" that like long walks on the beach? How would he know anything about these people besides what they look like? I didn't know that each of the looters had a personality questionairre after they were captured on camera. This guy is clearly being racist, especially with his notice how they all look the same comment. Of course many of the looters are low class individuals, so are all criminals. But don't you think that there are so many black looters partially because there is a large black population in New Orleans? Don't you think that maybe there are a lot of black looters, because many of the poorer neighborhoods are primarilly black? Which means the people in these neighborhoods were less likely to be able to get out of the area, as they were less likely to have a car or less likely to be able to afford a hotel, etc. The point is that the fact that they are looters has nothing to do with the fact that they are black, but for some reason Bostonfrontier is intent on trying to convince people otherwise.

The fact is that as much as I hate the looting, it's not even the most important part of this whole story. The death and destruction is.

[quote name='zzl365']The point is that the fact that they are looters has nothing to do with the fact that they are black, but for some reason Bostonfrontier is intent on trying to convince people otherwise.[/QUOTE]
Good thing most of us lack the ignorance required to be convinced of anything coming from his mouth.

[quote name='zzl365']Come on, what else could he mean by "type?" Did he mean the "type" that like long walks on the beach? How would he know anything about these people besides what they look like? I didn't know that each of the looters had a personality questionairre after they were captured on camera. This guy is clearly being racist, especially with his notice how they all look the same comment. Of course many of the looters are low class individuals, so are all criminals. But don't you think that there are so many black looters partially because there is a large black population in New Orleans? Don't you think that maybe there are a lot of black looters, because many of the poorer neighborhoods are primarilly black? Which means the people in these neighborhoods were less likely to be able to get out of the area, as they were less likely to have a car or less likely to be able to afford a hotel, etc. The point is that the fact that they are looters has nothing to do with the fact that they are black, but for some reason Bostonfrontier is intent on trying to convince people otherwise.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='zzl365']Come on, what else could he mean by "type?" Did he mean the "type" that like long walks on the beach? How would he know anything about these people besides what they look like? I didn't know that each of the looters had a personality questionairre after they were captured on camera. This guy is clearly being racist, especially with his notice how they all look the same comment. Of course many of the looters are low class individuals, so are all criminals. But don't you think that there are so many black looters partially because there is a large black population in New Orleans? Don't you think that maybe there are a lot of black looters, because many of the poorer neighborhoods are primarilly black? Which means the people in these neighborhoods were less likely to be able to get out of the area, as they were less likely to have a car or less likely to be able to afford a hotel, etc. The point is that the fact that they are looters has nothing to do with the fact that they are black, but for some reason Bostonfrontier is intent on trying to convince people otherwise.[/QUOTE]

exactly what i said in a previous post. i can't believe what he is saying.

The thing about it is that most of the people left in the city are the poor who had nowhere else to go. That's why you're seeing them more than anybody else. Its ridiculous that we have this PC nonsense of people getting mad when its pointed out that most of the looters are black. OF COURSE they are, they are the vast majority of the people in the city. You can't claim racism when something is a fact.

That said, I can forgive the people taking food and water and I hate to judge anyone going through this but man when you send your kids into the liquor store to steal beer and cigarettes, you're just sick.

[quote name='kev']The thing about it is that most of the people left in the city are the poor who had nowhere else to go. That's why you're seeing them more than anybody else. Its ridiculous that we have this PC nonsense of people getting mad when its pointed out that most of the looters are black. OF COURSE they are, they are the vast majority of the people in the city. You can't claim racism when something is a fact. [/QUOTE]

But there was no reason to mention it. That's the point, it was irrelevent unless being black had something to do with their looting.

[quote name='kev']The thing about it is that most of the people left in the city are the poor who had nowhere else to go. That's why you're seeing them more than anybody else. Its ridiculous that we have this PC nonsense of people getting mad when its pointed out that most of the looters are black. OF COURSE they are, they are the vast majority of the people in the city. You can't claim racism when something is a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.......

[quote name='alonzomourning23']But there was no reason to mention it. That's the point, it was irrelevent unless being black had something to do with their looting.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone needs to hear Chris Rock's "N-word vs. Black People" comedy skit. He says a lot things pertinent to this topic.

i think if the person is legitamately "looting" grocery stores for food for survival, then they should just let them be. The store owners should know about the risks and such before hand anyways. IMO, the idea of being shot on the spot for taking food that u need, is out of the question. But i am against the ppl that are stealing tvs, dvds, and other useless devices in a time like this. What the hell are they gonna use it for anyways. If anything, wouldnt it be more of a burden?...those looters should be arrested or something, but still, being shot on the spot is a little too harsh.

bread's done
Back