* * * * * 5 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

#7201 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:23 PM

For your 15th Anniversary can you bring back other guest CAGers like Jimmymack? Would be funny.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#7202 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:37 AM

Listening to the old CAGcast episodes I sadly remembered the first time I heard the "Win Cheapy's games". Worse than a childhood trauma. Never won squat.

Any chance you can bring that back? Or better yet, do a "Win Shipwreck's games."

#7203 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:44 AM

Are you guys watching the Harley Quinn cartoon? Seems like it would be a hit with you, especially Wombat.

#7204 surferboy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

surferboy

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:22 PM

I just watched the Sonic movie. Yikes. Here's my question: can someone explain to me why so many grown men immerse themselves in things that are meant for children? Is there a reason people don't want to become adults?

#7205 betobuster   Purple Ewok Eater CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

I was supposed to send Cheapy a message here on CAG regarding the Lenovo prize, right? I sent it out on the 15th, but it shows up on my side as not having been read by Cheapy. I did not expect a response to my message, but that "Not yet read" is worrisome. Thanks.

#7206 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:29 AM

Probably a question for Shipwreck but anyone can answer. There was a classic arcade game called Cliff Hanger. It was similar to Dragon's Lair but used clips from the anime Lupin the III. Also is shown briefly in Goonies. Any chance anyone will release this to console? I Googled but not a lot of info. Seems perfect for the Switch. Do you guys remember it or was that before your time?

#7207 Cthulhu8u   That Innsmouth look CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:44 PM

Probably a question for Shipwreck but anyone can answer. There was a classic arcade game called Cliff Hanger. It was similar to Dragon's Lair but used clips from the anime Lupin the III. Also is shown briefly in Goonies. Any chance anyone will release this to console? I Googled but not a lot of info. Seems perfect for the Switch. Do you guys remember it or was that before your time?

I remember Cliffhanger. I don't think I ever saw it in an arcade, but I remember they featured it in an episode of the game show The Video Game in the early 80s.
I don't think it will ever be released because the game is based on The Castle of Cagliostro which was directed by Miyazaki. I'm guessing copyright issues would prevent it from being released, plus I don't think the game was very popular. Worst of all those Laserdisc games were prone to breaking down because of the hardware, so I doubt you'd even see one in the wild nowadays.

EDIT It says on the Wikipedia page:
The game was considered for inclusion on the American Blu-ray release of The Castle of Cagliostro by Discotek Media, however, due to an inability to find the original contracts for the game, it was left off the release.[2].
Also I misremembered, it was featured on Starcade.

#7208 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:16 PM

Looking for good FPS to put on new Asus Ryzen 9 laptop. Is anyone still playing Apex Legends?
cb11ca0cf96c2ad9ce6708b8292d35ce.jpg

#7209 xVANx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:37 AM

Hey guys, been listening for years and part way thru last weeks show, i started thinking that this is the the most entertaining show in a while. Couldn't put my finger on it but you all seemed really switched on and more engaged than usual. The you just announced it, you were doing a video podcast.

Or was Cheapy just higher and Ship just more loaded than usual? LOL

Please continue this if possible, i feel the show really benefited from it. keep up the good work and thanks for my weekly laughs and video game chatter.

#7210 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:27 AM

I haven't played a GI Joe game since the Commodore 64 A Real American Hero but I know there have been some. (I loved picking the character I wanted.) Has there been any since worth buying? It seems like a misaed opportunity. Imagine doing a Seige-like game or a Battlefield. Why do you think we haven't seen/ heard about a good GI Joe game?

#7211 McWeen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:01 PM

I really liked Wombat recommending parts of an old episode (the Xbone E3). It could be a fun thing to mention old favorite bits as the anniversary approaches. Any other clip recommends?

#7212 Cthulhu8u   That Innsmouth look CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

Any CAG hosts playing, or plan to play, Minecraft Dungeons? It sounds like a Diablo-clone but with a Minecraft theme. Sounds perfect to play co-op with wife and kids. If anyone has it would love to hear a review.

#7213 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

With what we know now, do you see Microsoft regaining the console supremacy or will Sony hold on? Microsoft Xbox was too new to beat PS2, but the earlier release and cheaper price for XBox360 helped it to beat PS3. Sony learned from its mistake and PS4 came out cheaper to beat the XBox One. Right now they both appear similar to me. What do you think? Christmas will be here soon.

#7214 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:54 PM

Is VR dead or just sleeping? From where I sit, adoption doesn't seem to be gaining steam? Would it help if each game came with a pack of barf bags?

#7215 skadave   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:49 PM

I'd like to know Shipwreck's take on the Gose (Pronounced Goe-Zuh) style of beer. If you are not familiar with them they are sour beers brewed with sea salt. I love them but a lot of people think they are disgusting.

#7216 rlse9   Changos! CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:19 PM

Will Wombat be purchasing the KFConsole?

https://www.fool.com...n-november.aspx

#7217 kupomogli   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:15 PM

@Shipwreck

I think you've got a misconception of the recent Resident Evil titles.  While some of the recent games after RE6 have used the modernized gameplay that started in RE4, the games themselves have since went back to the classic location memory and item management style of gameplay.   You should try Resident Evil 7, Revelations 2, and Resident Evil 2 Remake. 

For a game you can play with your wife, Revelations 2 is this classic style of Resident Evil gameplay built heavily around co op multiplayer.  The second character for Claire and Barry are aimed more towards people who can play but aren't that good so they're more helper characters.

#7218 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

Have you ever got so mad at a game that you broke something? I once got mad during Gears of War and broke my headset.

#7219 betobuster   Purple Ewok Eater CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

So . .  has the Lenovo prize pack shipping been delayed due to the pandemic, or have I been the victim of a porch pirate? I still have not received the prize pack. Large packages and non-USPS packages are typically left behind a wide porch pillar, but I suppose it's possible it may have been stolen.

Edit: Received this week!

#7220 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17932 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:33 PM

So . .  has the Lenovo prize pack shipping been delayed due to the pandemic, or have I been the victim of a porch pirate? I still have not received the prize pack. Large packages and non-USPS packages are typically left behind a wide porch pillar, but I suppose it's possible it may have been stolen.

lemme follow up on this for you!

#7221 Guster108   New CAG Dad! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:02 AM

After the XBOX showcase, I feel like XBOX made a weird case for me to GET a PS5.

I've been in the XBOX ecosystem for the last 2 generations. I wasn't even considering getting a PS5... until the XBOX Showcase. XBOX made it clear that all their new games are going to work on the XBOX I already own for the next few years. There's something about that that does not get me excited. It feels like upgrading my iphone, always kind of anticlimatic. What's my incentive to buy an XSX? Am I the only one feeling this way?

#7222 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:48 PM

Is Cheapy going to get Hitman VR? He can finally live out his fantasy of being a bald white dude.