CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

[quote name='ericx']How can I get a Cheap Ass Gamer shirt or could I buy one?[/QUOTE]

There was a time when you could get one via Defender's (now defunct) VideoGameDeals.com site.

This is a good question, since I vaguely remember Cheapy saying that he still has some in stock. I'd also like to hear of more CAG merch that we could purchase as well. Just give me the chance to buy a CAG skullcap.

With gamer's ability to get up-to-the-minute news, reviews, videos and pictures from free video game websites, do you think gaming mags will eventually die out since all of its contents are old by the time it reaches the news stands? What will the mags have to do to keep gamer's interests?

Cheapy,

What kind of music are you listening to now that you are in japan? Are you listening to american music or are you listening to japanese music? If you are listening to japanese music have you found any particular artists that you really like?

Also i think its cool that you went to school in wny as i live in wny in case it isnt obvious, i can send you some real buffalo wings if you like, although by the time they got to japan, if you ate them you would probably get food poisoning, and that wouldnt be good.

Here's a question: Do you think it will be harder to be a Cheap Ass Gamer in the next home console generation, what with production costs up and XBox 360 titles already consistently hitting the $60 mark?

Do you think the Player's Choice/Greatest Hits/Platinum concept will carry over?

Do the Japanese people stare and point a lot? (you do seem to be taking a lot of random pictures of strange things, and your appearance is probably a bit out of the ordinary.)

Hey Cheapy,

Do you have any new future plans at all for CAG? As an example, things such as a CAG store or anything similar to that, pretty much just any future plans are what I 'm interested to hear (if any). Just new things that us CAG's love to see.

In previous CAGcast both of you had said that you would not be buying a xbox 360 at launch. What games or features push you over the edge? What games did you order first? What future games made the console appeal to you?

Wombat-

Given your apparent enthusiasm for Mcdonalds, what is your favorite menu item? Does the return of the McRib delight your soul as the actors portray it to in the commercials? Does the return of the McRib actually delight any souls, you think?

does cheapyd have a job yet in japan? i didn't know if the website was going to help pay the bills, or if mrs cheapy had the skills to pay all the bills.

also have you come across...i mean seen any of those DOA "hugging" pillows? i didn't know if japanese men carried those on their bicycles or if they stayed in the living room by the kleenex box.

Is it true that random Hollywood celebs do commercials regulary over there? and if so who was the most suprising and who has the funniest voice over

4 questions if you will:

1) Can I ask 4 questions?

2) Have you been to the famed Akihabara games/anime/toy district? And if so, how is it?

(That last question was 1 question not 2)

3) Do you buy Japanese or US games in Japan?

4) Will you read one or more of my questions please?

Every time I go to Taiwan (half chinese), usually once a year, I stay for a while because it's a family thing, or I can convince time off due to fake emergencies(its all written in chinese, lol). I find myself watching the crapiest shows, wrestling, horrible god awfull B movies, etc. . . Have you found yourself doing this yet. Just curious.

Also are you going to give us the status of the 360 launch. What do you think they'll sell through for the year. 1,000 400,000 like Europe and America have to this point or somewhere inbetween.

why do the cagcasts focus on console gaming? it seems the PC as a gaming platform is ignored. why no love for pc games? does cheapyd or wombat play pc games?

Wombat and Cheapy,

How do you guys feel about the $59.99 collector$ editions of games, and the sixty dollar price tag of most 360 games? How can a true cheapass gamer remove the guilt of buying a premium game?

As it grows near the end of the year, it could be time for reflection...

What were you biggest gaming suprises/disappointments of 2005?

Favorite films of the past year?

Also, it sounds like you guys are in/near your third decade of life...

How do you guys explain your gaming habit to non-gamers? I always feel uncomfortable being a 32 year old professional when non-gamers see my 'crib'. I usually feel like the 40 year old virgin...

I think way way WAY back in CAGCast #11 Cheapy said he went to college in Western NY and, as a result, knows good Buffalo Wings.

Which leaves the question, Duff's or the Anchor Bar?

I suppose something game-related...

1) What do you think of the X-Box 360's choice of backwards compatibility? Is not being able to play new X-Box (1) games, such as Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones a problem?

2) Do you think the overheating/bug issues of the X-Box 360 hold any weight, or is it all a smear campaign? I remember those videos of the PSP with the cart jumping out of the system, and can personally say that has never happened to me.

Assuming the 360 was actually released in Japan on December 10, how did the Japanese system launch differ from what you had expected given the country's ongoing apathy toward all things Xbox? Are there any launch games that actually cater to Japanese tastes this time around? Is there any hope for the 360 in Japan?

This is more of a suggestion than a question, but you should interview or feature the new mods on the show, or for that matter any or all of the mods. I'd like to know what makes these people tick and learn from their wisdom about all things in moderation.

Why aren't sweet deals ever posted on the front page anymore? All I ever see is ad's for events on the site or you plugging some charity or other event. I remember last year some of the best deals were posted on the front page nearly everyday. Lots of them thanks to CrashSpyro123 and NintendoFanGirl IIRC.

[quote name='bullseyetm']I think way way WAY back in CAGCast #11 Cheapy said he went to college in Western NY and, as a result, knows good Buffalo Wings.

Which leaves the question, Duff's or the Anchor Bar?[/QUOTE]I know we aren't going to answer this one on the show, so I'll answer it here.

I see you are from Rochester ( I went to UR), you probably know this place.
The Distillery

What gaming franchises (or games made by certain development teams) do you not mind paying full price for?

For me, I've never been dissappointed by a Nintendo or Blizzard made game.

[quote name='CheapyD']I know we aren't going to answer this one on the show, so I'll answer it here.

I see you are from Rochester ( I went to UR), you probably know this place.
The Distillery[/QUOTE]

I like the Distillery (my wife likes it more), but being a UB alumni I get the craving for Duff's every now and then.

Oh, and Go Yellowjackets (her alma matter and current employer)! It truly is a small world.

If you are taking questions for the next CAGcast, then I have a couple directed at Cheapy:

How has your opinion changed (or remained the same) about Jack Thompson, since the Hot Coffee mod?

Also, do you feel that you still have all the freedoms you had in America, in Japan?

Thanks.

Besides posting deals on the main page, maintaining the server, formatting the site for ease of use and hosting CAGcasts, what other tasks are involved in running Cheapassgamer? Does it fill up your entire work week and then some?

OK, if you don't want to answer that, at least give me this one: Are you the tallest person in the entire country and if so when are you taking over?

so what are ur first impressions of the ur new 360? Of the games u have, which 360 game has impressed u the most and what features do u like the best on the 360?

You named Gametap 'best in show' at E3 do you play on Gametap much still? Do you think the xbox 360 live (arcade) will negatively effect the growth of Gametap?

Cheapy: Besides the stuff we see on the internet about the Japanese gaming scene, what other differences have you noticed so far? maybe in prices, types of games, company prescence etc.

Cheapy: How much of the forums do you keep up with? Do you read a lot of OTT stuff or mainly focus on the deals threads? Also, are there any users (without naming names) that you personally can't stand on the site and cringe every time you see one of their posts?

It seems like it has been forever that people on message boards have been predicting that Nintendo will go 3rd party ala Sega since the Gamecube finished in 3rd place in the minds of many. Do you think this prediction is sound or a bunch of BS?

2 Questions:

In this past cagcast you mentioned the PSP load times which I can't stand either. Do you guys ever feel as if gaming hardware design is going backwards? Being a gamer since the days of the 2600 there's just something to be said about turning the power on and playing. I just find it really odd that the xbox hard drive which was a good way to reduce loading times is now an option with the 360.

You also mentioned Gametap and XBOX Live Arcade which you thought were good ideas. Do you think the downloadable old-school Nintendo games will help the Revolution? I like the idea of having 20 years of games under the hood of one system. It's obvious with all of the collections and services like gametap there is definitely a market for old-school gaming goodness. I sort of agree with Wombat though about paying for it...I think I would rather pay say $5 to a download a game (ex: gauntlet on the xbox 360) once rather than $15 a month for the rest of my life to play what I want to. Especially since I could probably pick up an old system and a game on the cheap.

bread's done
Back