CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Cheapy, when and what was the last hairstyle you had before shaving your head?

And to both of you, was there ever a game that frustrated you so bad that you threw the game or controller and broke it?

[quote name='CheapyD']The next cagcast will be recorded and posted Tuesday January 11th...last call for questions![/QUOTE]
I hope you really meant the 10th or we have to wait until 2011 for the next show. :whistle2:( ;)

What is the D in Cheapy D? Dan, Dave, Dork, danger? Dali? Don? Dark? Douche? Dink? Dude? Drats? soooo many posibilities...

Ever think about adding a third to your podcast? Maybe someone to round out the Xbox-sidedness with PC, Cube, and to some extent, PS2 perspective? :)

FYI, I'm up for it ;)

[quote name='BrandonMills']Ever think about adding a third to your podcast? Maybe someone to round out the Xbox-sidedness with PC, Cube, and to some extent, PS2 perspective? :)

FYI, I'm up for it ;)[/QUOTE]

It's not that we are Xbox sided that just happens to be what are playing at the moment, that will change when other games come out and other systems. And we do talk about the DS alot too

[quote name='Mr.Answer']What is the D in Cheapy D? Dan, Dave, Dork, danger? Dali? Don? Dark? Douche? Dink? Dude? Drats? soooo many posibilities...[/QUOTE]

David

1. What classic games would you like to see on Xbox Live arcade with extra features like online co-op?

2. Are there any genres you're getting tired of?

3. Which is the better franchise: Mario or Zelda?

Hi guys, love the Cagcasts

In the last one you mentioned how developers claim they raised the prices on next-gen games to $60 to cover development costs. Do you believe that? When I was 7 years old and wanted The Legend of Zelda, I had to kick out $50 for it. When I was a teenager and wanted to play Final Fantasy 3 I paid $50 for that. Playstation came out and FF7 was $50. Ps2 games... Xbox games... $50.

So how is it that video games have been the same price for the last 20+ years and just now they need to raise the cost. I think development costs for Halo 2 were a bit higher than Deadly Towers. I just don't buy their argument.

What do you think?

[quote name='Yuckmouth']Hi guys, love the Cagcasts

In the last one you mentioned how developers claim they raised the prices on next-gen games to $60 to cover development costs. Do you believe that? When I was 7 years old and wanted The Legend of Zelda, I had to kick out $50 for it. When I was a teenager and wanted to play Final Fantasy 3 I paid $50 for that. Playstation came out and FF7 was $50. Ps2 games... Xbox games... $50.

So how is it that video games have been the same price for the last 20+ years and just now they need to raise the cost. I think development costs for Halo 2 were a bit higher than Deadly Towers. I just don't buy their argument.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

FYI-SOme games for the SNES were priced at 60-70 when they came out.

[quote name='greendj27']FYI-SOme games for the SNES were priced at 60-70 when they came out.[/QUOTE]

True, some (they used the "it's the save game battery inside that makes it cost so much" excuse).

.....but not all.

How can game ratings be best inforced? Should there be a pamphlet handed out to parents when they buy a game? Make it illegal to sell games outside their age bracket (ala alcohol and tobacco)? Out-and-out censorship?

What type of game would you like to see released for the PSP or the DS that utilizes the portable console's cool functions really well, (i.e. graphics, online game play, multiplayer).

Do you think Microsoft will eventually take the plunge and jump into the portable video game market? If so, when would you say they would, next portable console release? If not, why?

Do you think any current third party game company will come out with their own next-gen console in the next 10 years? If so, which ones? Do you think Sony will ever have another system?

EDIT: another question, what is the proper pronunciation of "Mario"? is it as you two pronounce, "Merrio"? or is it "Mario"?

1. How many Xbox Live points would you spend for a DOA 4 downloadable bikini expansion pak?

2. What is your favorite female character in a game?

3. which Super Mario Bros. title (Mario 1, 2, or 3) do you like best and why?

Judging from the *ahem* original advertising (read models in bikinis) campaign, Sony Japan seems to be tapped out of ideas promoting the PSP. Do you (CheapyD) see any possibility of the PSP matching the DS' popularity in Japan, be it through any future killer app titles, collectors' editions, hardware redesigns, etc.? Why is it so popular to begin with? It seems like everyone and their mother (literally) has a DS in the articles I've read.

What about you, Wombat, do you seen any hope for the PSP here in the US, any DS bias aside? =p

Sorry if someone already asked a similar question. BTW, props to you guys for these CAGcasts. You guys make my hour-long commutes to work possible... well for the first 20 minutes anyway.

1. What is the oddest/weirdest gaming accessory you own?
2. What is the most expensive accessory you own?
3. What is the most useless accessory you own?

Why do you think Pc gaming is only a niche market now? What do you think it will take to bring Pc gaming back to the masses? Why don't you play Pc games? Am I the only PcCAGer out there?

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about it, do you think Call of Duty 2: Big Red One deliberately carries the same name as the XBox 360/PC Call of Duty 2 (even though it's a completely different game) to increase sales of Big Red One or was this just an oversight?

CheapyD,

In the sweet 16 edition you mentioned that you think there should be some form of law restricting the sales of games to minors. My question then is this:

Have you kept up to date w/the debate about laws limiting games and how that implicates the right of free speech? Do you know what all the legal right to free speech contains and how it has been viewed by our courts? If not, I would be happy to point you to a few great articles on the subject (little plug here - I even wrote a law review article about games, free speech and the US, Japan and German laws).

And if your comment was not based on law, but how in your ideal world how things should be, could you please further explain why you believe the federal or state governments should step in to regulate something like games. Do you believe this is honestly a proper place for government?

Thanks for your time and keep up the great CAGcasts...so much fun!

I don't know if this has been asked before....but, did you two (meaning CheapyD and Wombat) know each other before CAG? If not, then how did you choose Wombat to be your partner for the show (Cheapy was the obvious one to be on it)?

Shame Shame Shame!

Shame on you CheapyD and Wombat for neglecting to tell the CAGmunity just how sexy the Logictech Harmony remote truly is! The photos of the remote do not do it justice! Had I known how kick ass the Harmony remote truly looked I would have picked it up WEEKS ago!

Shame Shame Shame!

:p

I think the following question is relevent to many:

How do you guys avoid buying a game on release week? We all know a game will drop in price, but sometimes the temptation is irresistable. What are some things CAGer can tell themselves to be faithful to the CAG code of cheapass honor?

Also:

Now that you guys have a 360, what percentage of time do you spend with your old consoles?

I am playing my Xbox more than I would have thought becuase the backwards compatibility just isn't 'there' yet.

after doing the radio show cheapy, how glad are you that you DON'T take our phone calls?

i only listened to that one show so far, but the call in segment was fucking lame...except for that wombat caller.

[quote name='rallen']What are some things CAGer can tell themselves to be faithful to the CAG code of cheapass honor?

[/QUOTE]

for one i never buy a game for $50.

$29.99 is the highest i'll buy it. then i only buy at BB with the gamer gift card, but i usually try to buy it here on CAG first.

1. [question for Wombat] Since your an avid Zelda fan, what is your opinion of the
radically different Zelda 2?

2. Can you explain the rise in Phoenix Wright threads and gossip? Is it because it is now rare or what?

I guess you guys didn't see my questions. I'll copy and paster them over.

What type of game would you like to see released for the PSP or the DS that utilizes the portable console's cool functions really well, (i.e. graphics, online game play, multiplayer).

Do you think Microsoft will eventually take the plunge and jump into the portable video game market? If so, when would you say they would, next portable console release? If not, why?

Ok here's a good one-

Do you guys have any stories to tell regarding ridiculous gossip while standing in line for game or console launches? I waited in line for the 360 and listened to some of the WORST crap I have ever heard. One kid swore up and down that if you pre-order the Ps3, you would get a free go-kart, “but only the first 500 pre-orders in the country would get one”. Also I had one kid try to convince me that Dragon Quest 8 is the RPG version of Dragonball Z. It’s really amazing the stuff people claim to know, and they say it with such undying conviction that you can’t help but pity their ignorance.

Being the cheapassgamers that you are, is purchasing and redeeming Microsoft points via Xbox Live not substantially more painful than it should be?

I'm used to being able to find a quality, relatively new title for $20ish, yet that's how much I have to spend just to tool around with the premium downloadable content and perhaps give Joust a spin. Oh, it hurts.

I have an extremley important question............

Since I know that Cheapy is a Transformers fan, I wanna know if you have been to any Japanese Transformer stores and If you have found early Generation 1 Takara stuff in stores or Flea Markets or anywhere...........also a request, when you do can you take pictures with your phone and post of beautiful spaning shelves of robot yumminess? In a thread called CheapyD Primes Super Mega AerialBot Thread Battle.

Question the 1st
What do you think is the new 3D? By this I mean I remember when Mario 64 was released and everything then was about 3D gaming, but now thats all old news. So I was wondering what do you think the new thing in gaming is or going to be. I was thinking maybe HD graphics but I still think too few people own an HD tv and that limits who experience HD gaming which I believe kills it from being the new 3D

Question the 2nd
What is your favorite game for any nintendo, sega, sony, and msoft system?

Question the 3rd
Who would win in thumbwrestling Cheapy or Wombat?

[quote name='cag1000']I have an extremley important question............

Since I know that Cheapy is a Transformers fan, I wanna know if you have been to any Japanese Transformer stores and If you have found early Generation 1 Takara stuff in stores or Flea Markets or anywhere...........also a request, when you do can you take pictures with your phone and post of beautiful spaning shelves of robot yumminess? In a thread called CheapyD Primes Super Mega AerialBot Thread Battle.[/QUOTE]This really belongs in the YMIJ forum, but here is one to hold you over:

Your Cheapness,

Great call on calling out 1up.com about them stealing guides from other sites (i.e. "their" DOA 4 guide) and about the questionable SpikeTV ads and editorial piece. that happened to run at the same time..karma 'aint she a bitch (you would think if Jason Lee would learn - i.e. see My Name is Earl)

And WTF Wombat telling you to calm down...you think Wombat would realize by now (after all the intros to the show) that you are the host and he is just a guest or sidekick - look how successful Andy was after he left Conan, or Simon and that Garfunkelwlslflhgs guy was after he left...some people just don't know their place (ZING!)

But now to the Q - to what extent, and in what manner do you think that game mags and websites should cover games...should they cover this field more as journalism or more in a 'hip, cool, MTVish' or what not style, while possibly putting true objective thoughts and reviews out the window? Do you think that as gamers grow older there is a market for a real journalism mag or site about gaming, the business and the industry as a whole?

a lot of us know about the '04 April Fools prank in which you made it seem like BB had bought out CAG....with that in mind, has anyone ever really offered to buy this site from you? if so, how recent and who?

[quote name='CheapyD']This really belongs in the YMIJ forum, but here is one to hold you over:[/QUOTE]
Now I'm sad I already have that one. Thanx anyway though. That's the masterpiece Ultra Magnus. Goes for at least a hundred bucks and I won that along with $2000 at the Mega Friday Night Giveaway at CyberCon in NYC

[quote name='ecmazza']Your Cheapness,

Great call on calling out 1up.com about them stealing guides from other sites (i.e. "their" DOA 4 guide) and about the questionable SpikeTV ads and editorial piece. that happened to run at the same time..karma 'aint she a bitch (you would think if Jason Lee would learn - i.e. see My Name is Earl)

And WTF Wombat telling you to calm down...you think Wombat would realize by now (after all the intros to the show) that you are the host and he is just a guest or sidekick - look how successful Andy was after he left Conan, or Simon and that Garfunkelwlslflhgs guy was after he left...some people just don't know their place (ZING!)

But now to the Q - to what extent, and in what manner do you think that game mags and websites should cover games...should they cover this field more as journalism or more in a 'hip, cool, MTVish' or what not style, while possibly putting true objective thoughts and reviews out the window? Do you think that as gamers grow older there is a market for a real journalism mag or site about gaming, the business and the industry as a whole?[/QUOTE]

I am also the recording engineer, co-writer, editor and producer. but you know whatever

Wombat - please know that I was just joking (or as that telemundo-esque host character from SNL, whose name I can't think of, would say) - I am just keeeding!

I actually really like your jokes and views and feel the show would not be the same w/o both of you.

But I guess I should ask another Q to make this on topic - here is one for Wombat then - will you buy a DS Lite? What are your thoughts on the DS Lite, and do you guys still think that a black Metriod bundle may come out soon...if it was a black DS Lite w/Hunters I may need to pick up another DS....

Feel like adding a bit to my last post.

With the newly mentioned Multiplayer functions (Nintendonow.com is where I saw it) of Metroid Prime Hunters how likely is it that the Big N will develop at least some X-box Live type features for there own Wi-fi Connection. With the Voice chat demo, Rumble pack, and new redesign we know that there constantly experimenting with the DS so how likely do you think it is.

How about stashing some CAG related nuggets in the CAGcasts for us listening faithful- something that all the other scrubs would miss since they don't let your words make sweet love to their ears like we do?

And a Question:

Dearest Cheapy and Wombat: How old are the two of you? Any Cheapkids for either of you? If not, how soon until you can exclaim 'My boys can swim!' and you unleash one of your spawn on the earth?

Edit: I'm downloading 17 right now so if you've answered those questions in that one, well, I must be psychic.

bread's done
Back