CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Cheapy and Wombat,

Has any of your wives ever just shut off one of your consoles or handhelds while you were playing? If so, what is the reason? And what game was it and how far was it since your last save point? What about your moms when you were younger? Did it piss you off? And what did you do afterwords?

Shouldn't cheapassgamer.com be run by people with a little less cash than CheapyD and Wombat? They seem to have quite a bit of disposable income. I mean, $70 for a remote? You guys are loaded!

-Temporaryscars,
the brokeass gamer.

It's been nearly 4 months since the XBox 360 launch. Now that the initial hype has died down somewhat, and XBox 360 systems are becoming easier to find, what are your impressions of the launch? Success, failure, or somewhere in between? Also, do you think Microsoft has any significant advantages of being first to market?

Being a CAGer myself, I didn't purchase my xbox until Jan '05(waited for the right price/bundle). We had some thunderstorms roll thru and I believe this has caused me to now have the infamous "error 21".

Microsoft will fix it for $79.90. This goes against every CAGing bone in my body to pay over half of the original purchase price to fix something I bought only 14 months ago(my EB extended warranty expired 6 weeks ago).

With that being said, the question is, should I suck it up an pay M$ the $80.00 because there wont be much more support for the black box ? OR should I just get rid of the darn thing and put the proceeds to whichever next gen console I decide to go with (being a Dad, we will most likely be getting a Revo in our house @ launch)?

Cheapy AND Wombat:

With the Revolution poised to shake things up in this next generation and potentially reinstate Nintendo as a dominant player, how do you feel the gaming community will respond to Nintendo's "classic" game puchasing service?

Do you believe that the "right price" will determine whether people download these games or not? Do you think Nintendo's efforts will be crippled by emulation? And what about control.. what are your thoughts about how "shells" will perform with these classic games?

Which system do you think will come out first, Revolution or PS3?

Are either of you guys going to E3 this year?

Since Nintendo called the DS their 3rd tier, I am guessing in case it bombed, do you guys think they will come out with a new gameboy in the next year or so seing how the DS is the hottest system right now?

Who would win in a arm wrestling match, Cheapy or Wombat?

If you were to stumble into a garage sale this weekend and see the game you've been wanting most for only $2... what would that game be?

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']On your iTunes page, why'd you censor the word "ass"? Cheap A*s Gamer just looks weird...[/quote]It ain't me, it's Apple! I'm proud of my ass!

[quote name='CheapyD']It ain't me, it's Apple! I'm proud of my ass![/QUOTE]

Yet they sell music from the following bands without editing their name:

The Ass Ponys
Big Ass Truck
Ass Pocket Of Whiskey
SK And The Punk Ass Bitches

And perhaps my favorite, Bitch Ass Darius

This reminds me of something that has happened in the past. :roll:

Edit: mrs. shipwreck just pointed out to me that it is just the name of the podcast or song that they edit, so Ass it up all you want in the "Artist" section.

Cheapy and Wombat...it seems on Cag we have a mix of game collectors, non-collectors, and some people who hold onto at least their favorite games. What category do you guys fall into? Do you have any of your old consoles or games?

Wombat - you have said on several CAGcasts that you think that gaming needs a reviewer that the people can trust/take something away from their review just b/c of the person writing the review - we need a game review star so to speak, like a Roger Ebert of video games.

So my question then is this: have you considered being that person? Seriously, you seem to have the knowledge base, sense of humor and passion for video games that would allow you to take on such a role, but other than your short reviews on CAGcast we get little else from you review wise.

I mean, we may not all agree w/your reviews, but I would say that your general positions are pretty well known (i.e. you are not a huge RPG guy) and therefore I think people could look to you or even Cheapy as that voice, seeing as how you both kinda already have a built in fan base so to speak.

Anyway, just a thought...

Another Q about reviews generally...

Why do mags/sites, etc have each console or what not as a seperate section? for example IGN has the GC site, the PS2 site, etc and the same people only review games for those sections. The only time we get a good cross reference among systems as to games is come game of the year time.

With many (if not all) of us being multi-console owners why not compare games across consoles more often? For example I am in the market for a new hand held game and am considering SF: Dark Mirror or MP:Hunters, based on just their # score it would seem like SF: Dark Mirror is better...but that is not necessarily the truth b/c the psp site guy only reviews psp games, for all I know he thinks MP:Hunters is the better game.

There has to be a better way! Any suggestions?

Sorry this is kinda a long question, if I am lucky enough to get an answer feel free to shorten as needed.

Thanks.

[quote name='ecmazza']Wombat - you have said on several CAGcasts that you think that gaming needs a reviewer that the people can trust/take something away from their review just b/c of the person writing the review - we need a game review star so to speak, like a Roger Ebert of video games.

So my question then is this: have you considered being that person? Seriously, you seem to have the knowledge base, sense of humor and passion for video games that would allow you to take on such a role, but other than your short reviews on CAGcast we get little else from you review wise.

I mean, we may not all agree w/your reviews, but I would say that your general positions are pretty well known (i.e. you are not a huge RPG guy) and therefore I think people could look to you or even Cheapy as that voice, seeing as how you both kinda already have a built in fan base so to speak.

Anyway, just a thought...[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't. I often correct him while listening to the cagcast even though it is taped and he can't hear me. You're right about the other two.

[quote name='thorbahn3']No he doesn't. I often correct him while listening to the cagcast even though it is taped and he can't hear me. You're right about the other two.[/QUOTE]

thats just cold :(

[quote name='shipwreck']Hell, Wombat doesn't even know how to set up a multiplayer GRAW game so that more than Cheapy can join! :)[/QUOTE]

this topic is call the cagBAG, not the cagrag on Wombat

[quote name='Wombat']this topic is call the cagBAG, not the cagrag on Wombat[/QUOTE]

:lol: Aw, Wombat, I think you would make a fine representative for us geeks. If you knew every little thing about games, then there would be no room for puns, one-liners, and homo-erotic banter. I think you do a pretty good job of mixing those areas of knowledge quite nicely.

(Hey, maybe I should copy and paste that into a review on iTunes) :)

Keep up the good work.

[quote name='Wombat']this topic is call the cagBAG, not the cagrag on Wombat[/QUOTE]
I see the beginnings of a new thread. :lol:

As for questions:

Are there any series that you'd love to see return for the next generation systems that sat out the last generation?

Sony revealed a bunch of new information on the PS3 while making announcements on the future plans of the PSP last week, and GDC has had some interesting info so far on the PS3. What are your thoughts on these new announcements? Does it make you more excited or indifferent about the systems?

Who are your favorite or least favorite personalities within the games industry?

Cheapy, my marriage to Wombat was supposed to be a secret between me and my heart - way to spoil everything for me...I am so ashamed now (sob, sob).

But no, my next Qs - [1] what are your thoughts on Shadow of the Colossus running away w/pretty much every award possible at GDC? (which is a great game, do not get me wrong) [2] Do you think RE4 would have stood a better chance had it been released later in the year?

Also, sorry about my crap S/N - it is E-C-Mazza

Do I get a cookie for my 1K post being on the CAGbag?

And what are your opinions on the "New" PS3 controller. Do you think it's just an attempt at sony trying to generate some hype(ala Nintendos revo controller)?

What happened to some of CAGcast's older features, such as the CAG Wishlist? You should resurrect it and have a CAG Wishlist devoted to your hopes for E3.

Wombat, you mentioned in the last CAGcast that you'd love to become the Roger Ebert of videogames. However, how would you go about reviewing a game that you normally wouldn't play (Metal Gear Solid 3, for example) that most of the industry declares a hit? Also, wouldn't you ever get tired of playing and reviewing the crappy five-dollar bargain bin games? (Not that I wouldn't love to hear them...I'm sure we'd all get a kick out of your review for something like Drake of the 99 Dragons.)

Now that the PS3 announced itself to be region free, do you think the Revo will come out and do the same thing? It would really make things easier for me importing games, since it looks hard to play imports on the Revo as is with a freeloader device.

Here's a question that I asked a while back that didn't get answered due to the show stopping vacation that Wombat took. (Either that or it was ignored like all the Burnout Revenge Clips people send me).

Cheapy & Wombat, since you are both married, what's the one moment that sticks out in your mind where your wife has gone out of her way to embrace your dorkdom?

Mine would have to be that my Groom's cake at our wedding was actually in the shape of an Xbox. There are pictures of us actually cutting our wedding cake with a large orange flavored Duke controller sitting right beside it.

(I'll have to scan in some pictures later.)

Oh, and if there was a massively multiplayer online GI Joe game, which Joe and which Cobra character would you be.

What video game do you think Jesus would recommend (Moses for Wombat :))?

What do you think of cosplayers? Geeks, freaks or misunderstood gamers?

1) Have you explored seeking sponsorship for the CAGCasts? If XPlay can get GameFly, the United States Army, and other advertisers when on their best day they get 50,000 viewers, I'm sure you guys can find a company to cough up some cash.

2) How about starting a line of CAGCrap to sell on the site? We need some CheapyD mousepads, Wombat coffee mugs, and some "I sold stolen merchandise on CAG and all I got was this orange jumpsuit" TMACDaddy T-shirts!

3) Will CAG be at E3 this year?

:cold:

Big show Tuesday night, not tonight. I thought we said we are going to shoot for the tuesday night/wednesday morning time slot.
It will give us a chance to at least have some reviews to discuss for new releases.

Our last show was on Thursday!

[quote name='CheapyD']Big show Tuesday night, not tonight. I thought we said we are going to shoot for the tuesday night/wednesday morning time slot.
It will give us a chance to at least have some reviews to discuss for new releases.

Our last show was on Thursday![/QUOTE]

Lets not fight in front of the kids. Tuesday is fine sweetie

[quote name='Wombat']Lets not fight in front of the kids. Tuesday is fine sweetie[/QUOTE]

Why did I just envision Wombat saying that with a Lisp? :booty:

[quote name='Walt Jay']2) How about starting a line of CAGCrap to sell on the site? We need some CheapyD mousepads, Wombat coffee mugs, and some "I sold stolen merchandise on CAG and all I got was this orange jumpsuit" TMACDaddy T-shirts![/QUOTE]

Cheapy and Defender tried that several years ago with CAG T-Shirts but I don't think sales were as brisk as they had hoped. I don't think they even recoop'd their expenses. I bought two but they are starting to look a little ragged not to mention feel a little snug around the midsection. :)

Do you think games that appeal to women will ever break into the mass market category or do you think such titles will remain a niche market? Or is the real question, will women (as a whole) ever recognize that gaming is fun?

What excites you more: online gaming or retro gaming?

Also, in light of the recent Metal Gear Solid re-release, what single player games do you wish had an online multiplayer mode added?

[quote name='Wombat']need more questions, feed me, new show in less than 8 hours[/quote]

Here's another question:

What happened to the CAG Comic? :cold:

bread's done
Back