CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Do you feel that bad movies based on video games hurt the industry as a whole? Does it make the non-gaming/movie going community less willing to accept video games as a legitimate part of the entertainment industry?

I will ask my question in a Stewie Griffin's Compliment Sandwich style. First a compliment then an area of improvement followed by another compliment and then my real question:

Something positive...something positive... Oh. Wombat looks like a Care Bear and it makes me smile.

Something negative. You have smelly Wombat farts.

Something positive...You really wowed those guys from Chatterbox."

Now my real question: Wombat, why do you keep your Xbox 360 when you sold your PSP for the same sort of reasons like lack of games or etc? I know you paid a hefty price tag but the PSP wasn't that cheap either it feels like you give the 360 more of a chance but doesn't make sense without the quality titles or graphics.

Here's my question:

Would you like to sign up for our 12 month gamestop membership? It saves you money when you buy used games. 10% off of used games. So do you want to sign up? Are you sure I mean it would save you a lot of money. You must not like saving money *snickers*. Did you want to reserve anything today? Are you sure you don't want to reserve anything today? How about the new madden 07, I mean you MUST like madden. YOU DON'T LIKE MADDEN?? Ok...well do you want to reserve kingdom hearts 2? It's only 5 dollars down. You can change it to a different game if you decide you don't want kingdom hearts. You're really sure you don't want to reserve anything?? I did tell you it's ONLY 5 dollars to reserve a game didn't I? Alright well did you decide whether or not you wanted to subscribe to Game Informer? Normally it would cost you 15 dollars but with the money you save today it would only be....14.88. So did you want that subscription? No??? Well...Ok....So you do want to reserve Zelda right? Everyone likes Zelda....Did you just tell me to go fuck myself??

Overall 360 had a better launch then any recent system. I have played Perfect Dark, Kameo, Condemed, and DOA 4 at a friends house/ at a store and there better then anything on any other system at launch. Even Halo. I mean for a pc FPS fan Halo was fun don't get me wrong, but not the be all and all some make it out to be.

Are either of you planning to attend E3? And what do you think of E3's banning of booth babes?

EDIT: I just saw that Daphatty posted my same question, so I'll ask another (few):

What do you think of the new Black Cherry Vanilla Coke?
What is the cost of living in Japan like vs. the cost of living in the U.S.?
Do you have any insider friends in the game development industry who would be willing to make a game about a large, bald white guy who runs a website and moves to Japan only to end up in all sorts of misadventures?

Regarding the future of the PSP-

I get the feeling that it needs strong games, now. You could argue that with the rise of video-playback capable mp3 devices (video Ipod, Zen vision:m, etc), the PSP's video/music functionality will no longer draw in potential buyers; why pay $250 for a system plus around $70-$100 for one gig of memory when a 30 gig Ipod video costs $300?

With this in mind, is 2006 the year for the PSP to rise to its potential as the most technologically impressive handheld GAMING system currently out, or do you guys feel that it will fade into obscurity behind the DS's (thus far) stronger software lineup?

What game 'started it all' for your gaming hobby or what game do you look back on most fondly as one of your greatest gaming experiences?

How about the comments from Japan store owners and a few sites around saying that the DS lite looks like an Ipod and at least as cool as the PSP?

Overall all I know is all I do is load Tivo shows on the PSP and watch them on the go. And on the ds I play puzzle, Mario Kart, and Castlevania all the time. And as soon as I beat AW 2 with all S rank i'll pop open Duel strike and play that all the time.

If some of the PSP rpg ports have new content or retail for a reasonable price 20-30 dollars then those will be picked up. Those games are so much nicer on the go.

CHEAPYD and WOMBAT That new $50 battery extender for psp that adds 6 or so more hours of battery life on psp mean that a PSP re-release is coming some time this year. Or at least a new battery that you can buy seperatly that doesn't suck.

With the way you were talking I presume we will here about Itagaki-san's word's on DOA4 on X-box live, XBV 2, the delay of the new costumes for the girls, etc. . . In the next cagcast.

Cheapy + Wombat,

What do you feel is the most pressing concern facing the game industry today? Also, do you think there is anything that could possibly make you quit gaming altogether?

Not a question as much as a clarification on using gift cards on EBgames' site. You can only use a gift card online if the card has a pin number on the back. I know this b/c I have a $50 card with no pin number that is useless for me.

I want to use CAG15, Edge, Saver, and my gift card you EB mofos!

Check out the thread in my info and maybe you can get some info from that. The DS Lite should be a hot topic and the poll I'm having with it is at least moderatley interesting. Check it out and vote for your favorite colors of choice!

[quote name='praystation']Why wombat? why not guinea pig? Do you look like a wombat? (chubby and short, and... lazy?)[/QUOTE]
To extend this questions - have you ever seen a wombat in person? They don't seem to be either "wombs" (huh?) or "bats." Sorta like pigs but more boxy. And furry. So maybe not like pigs at all. Nevermind.

From the archives:
wombat.jpg

CheapyD, who would you leave this site to if something unfortunate were to happen to you? A CAG, relative, or friend?

'lol' I don 't answer questions like that myself Cheapy do you. I consider life insurence and such to be veiled threats. Don't trust 'em never will.

*cracks whip*

If I'm not mistaken, Wombat came back from DW last week! Where the hell are my CAGCASTS?!?!?! :p

Speaking of franchises (CC#16), where do you guys think SEGA went wrong when making the jump from 2D to 3D for the Sonic franchise? The Sonic series is among my favorite of all time but I feel there is "something" missing from the 3D editions. Comments?

Do you think Sony will release a PSPea (or PSPee), meaning a smaller, "sexier" (if possible) version of the PSP?
It has happened with their past 2 consoles and has been highly successful for Nintendo handhelds.

[quote name='daphatty']*cracks whip*

If I'm not mistaken, Wombat came back from DW last week! Where the hell are my CAGCASTS?!?!?! :p
[/QUOTE]

QFT but you know cheapy whenever you get around to it, thats just fine with me. ;)

Cheapys tonight!

I mean, all of the big network execs are sitting in a room, nervously smoking, waiting to hear the results.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']For gamers arriving late to the scene, which current-gen system (Cube, PS2, or XBox) would you most recommend and why?[/QUOTE]

Nice question! That would be a very good topic to discuss considering how cheap most of the games are for all three of those systems.

Once you start playing 360, PS3, Revolution, you won't want to go back to Xbox, PS2, & GC games. I say enjoy the current games now at bargain prices until that "monster, buy the system NOW" game comes along. I'll be playing mine for at least another year. I've kept up a list of games to still play over the past few years and I'm still almost 80 deep to go in this gen.

How about a transcript (thread) of the CAGcast for those of us who have been cursed with dialup.

Before everyone says just get a better conection. I live way out in the country and dial up or Satelite are all I can get.

For both Cheapy and Wombat:

If you had to develop a fairly original game for the DS or Revolution, what would you have in mind?

With the Nintendo's next system looking to change the way we game, in your expert opinions: over the years of home gaming, what controller change (or revolution if you will - har, har) has had the biggest impact on gaming?

In my un-expert opinion, I would say Nintendo using the original D-pad, pretty much every system since has had one, even the Revolution controller is going to keep the thing...

Arcades in the United States have become a very small niche market. Do you think the arcade could make a comeback or will our grand children stare at us funny when we mention an arcade machine?

Does Wombat like RPGs?

Does CheapyD want to see a really good Hockey game be released?

And if Thorbahn's internet access was down for a week, would he be allowed to call in a question?

Since both of you were early 360 adopters, here’s a smart-ass, semi-relevant question: In the event that your Xbox 360 power supply overheated and set your apartment ablaze, which three gaming-related items would you hope to save from the towering inferno that ensued?

1.Has there ever been a game that got a bunch of great reviews and people talked about it being "the bomb" but when you played it, you thought it was boring? If so which game and why did you think it was boring?

2. Do you find yourself having more trouble getting underground deals (penny guides, coupons, etc) from female clerks then you do with male clerks?

3. E3 is slowly coming up. What are your plans this year? May I suggest a booth with a pet the Wombat exhibit and Mrs. CheapyD in booth babe gear. ;)

Cheapy & Wombat, since you are both married, what's the one moment that sticks out in your mind where your wife has gone out of her way to embrace your dorkdom?

Mine would have to be that my Groom's cake at our wedding was actually in the shape of an Xbox. There are pictures of us actually cutting our wedding cake with a large orange flavored Duke controller sitting right beside it.

(I'll have to scan in some pictures later.)

Dear Cheapy,
No mention of Star Wars Empire at War. I'd think one of you would be enough of a Star Wars fan to at least mention that newly released game in passing. Especially since the game was game by a company who were part of the team that made the classic Command and Conquer. (Kane is still my favorite Video game Villian)

Where do you find the legacy audio clips for your shows? They are very entertaining and I want to hear more.

What game have you played for hours and endless hours on just the internet multiplayer (besides Halo 2). Like example I use to play the hell out of Tony Hawk UnderGround on the PS2.

Even though this is Cheap Ass Gamer, I still have to pay for pretty much everything you guys mention. Do you guys have any favorite freeware games?

Made out of Solid Gold. It's own HDTV. Or more realistically the ability to play movies on hdtv's with only the component cables that HDDVD and Blueray have just cut according to news reports. Both have just cut the already small HD market into smaller increments through that decison.

What effect, if any, will the rumored (EDIT:now official) delay of the PS3 have on the next-gen gaming market? Specifically, do you believe it will give Nintendo an upper hand? Though Iwata-san is currently hot to have the Revolution on store shelves this November, would such a delay give Nintendo enough wiggle-room to be more leisurely with the console’s launch?

[quote name='1modernboy']What effect, if any, will the rumored delay of the PS3 have on the next-gen gaming market? Specifically, do you believe it will give Nintendo an upper hand? Though Iwata-san is currently hot to have the Revolution on store shelves this November, would such a delay give Nintendo enough wiggle-room to be more leisurely with the console’s launch? [/QUOTE]
Better amend that question to "the official delay of the PS3"

[quote name='botticus']Better amend that question to "the official delay of the PS3"[/quote]

Excellent point, botticus. Summarily edited.

bread's done
Back