Star Wars Battlefront 2 pS2 only $12.99 at K-mart!!!! MATCH PRICE ERROR

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg

This is the Kmart AD for the black friday sale. As you can see they messed up and put Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $12.99 instead of 1.

So your local Kmart may or may not honor this. If not get the AD and match price it at Wal-mart or Circuit City. I did the same thing with Ace COmbat last year for $5 and it worked as did for many other people.

So there you have it Battlefront 2 for $13.

[quote name='buster90']http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg

This is the Kmart AD for the black friday sale. As you can see they messed up and put Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $12.99 instead of 1.

So your local Kmart may or may not honor this. If not get the AD and match price it at Wal-mart or Circuit City. I did the same thing with Ace COmbat last year for $5 and it worked as did for many other people.

So there you have it Battlefront 2 for $13.[/QUOTE]

All K-Mart's have already been notified well in advance of this error... if you get a K-Mart who lets it slide, congrats, but the retraction notice has already been sent out (or is being sent out, I forget which one). It might just be my district, so some other CAG's may get lucky.

I plan on taking it to Circuit City, personally, that extra 10% difference drops the game to around 8 bucks.

[quote name='Roufuss']I plan on taking it to Circuit City, personally, that extra 10% difference drops the game to around 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

12.99 x .9 = 11.69

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']12.99 x .9 = 11.69[/QUOTE]
nope, it is 10% of the difference, so
12.99 - .1 (49.99 - 12.99)

[quote name='Roufuss']
I plan on taking it to Circuit City, personally, that extra 10% difference drops the game to around 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs to play fewer games and do more homework.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Good luck to everyone. MY CC said they won't pricematch any ads on BF :([/QUOTE]

Usually some retailers don't honor certain adds because the prices are limited to certain hours. I would talk with the manager because I'm pretty sure this is a normal "sale" ad and I'm pretty sure that CC has some BS about beating their competitors somewhere in their store. Good luck to all. I'm going to try CC first and then I'm going to the guarantee, Wally World. Thanks OP for tha ad link, I know people will bust your balls because this was already mentioned, but I don't check that forum everyday; first time I saw the ad "link" was here, thanks again.

[quote name='62t']nope, it is 10% of the difference, so
12.99 - .1 (49.99 - 12.99)[/QUOTE]

Just being a stickler about it, but wouldn't that mean that it would be $12.99 - $3.70? Just curious, as that would be 10% of the difference. So you'd be looking at just over $9 after tax for this game.

[quote name='atomsk']Does Kmart have these ad in their stores right now?[/QUOTE]

Most likely, but probably not out for the general public. It should be in today's newspaper, which I will be going to get here in a few minutes.

I hit this bitch up for 6 copies on the Sears $14.99 misprint. I sure as hell will be doing it for the 12.99 misprint.

[quote name='furyk']I hit this bitch up for 6 copies on the Sears $14.99 misprint. I sure as hell will be doing it for the 12.99 misprint.[/QUOTE]

Might I be nosy and ask why so many copies? Also, the Sears ad was for Xbox, right? Or were both screw up the ps2 versions?

I hear CC won't be doing PMs Friday until 1 pm (heard this on FW or some other site) due to all the early bird sales, so make sure you PM after 1 pm.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Might I be nosy and ask why so many copies? Also, the Sears ad was for Xbox, right? Or were both screw up the ps2 versions?[/QUOTE]

It was just the Xbox and I got so many copies for friends/christmas presents and two for ebay to try and recoup costs.

Wal-Mart is price matching others black friday specials (as mentioned above) and I doubt htey would call Kmart to check in such busy hours. So I would hit up Wal-Mart with the AD and they should honor it.

I didnt see an ad in todays paper and i bought the local paper and the tribune and no kmart. Also walmart was passing out a flier of the week stating the WILL price match all ads as long as you have the original ads. This includes early bird specials.

I'm starting to think this isn't an error. K-Mart has the PS2 version on sale, NFM has the PS2 version on sale.. where's the XBox love!?

Seriously, if one of you guys gets Battlefront 2 on XB for like $10, shoot me a PM

[quote name='smellhasreturned']ill be getting it for ps2

just to get this clear... if i go to walmart 2morrow on black friday i can price match this ?[/QUOTE]

From past experiences, yes.

Sweet! I will most definitly be taking advantage of this! Anyone know what the trade-in value is for BFII??

Nicko

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']12.99 x .9 = 11.69[/QUOTE]

lol .... 10% off 12.99 would be ... hmmm ... lets see here ....... "Science music plays" ....... experiments ensue ........ it would be .............THIS MANY!

[quote name='Scorch']I'm starting to think this isn't an error. K-Mart has the PS2 version on sale, NFM has the PS2 version on sale.. where's the XBox love!?

Seriously, if one of you guys gets Battlefront 2 on XB for like $10, shoot me a PM[/QUOTE]Me too, if you all would be so kind.

This is going to be one sweet price match, but i am going to try and change it to the Xbox version somehow, i dont realy want the PS2 game.

anyone know where to get this ad? i checked todays paper(dallas morning news) and found a sears ad but there is nothing about this game anywhere...

much thanks!

[quote name='Scorch']I'm starting to think this isn't an error. K-Mart has the PS2 version on sale, NFM has the PS2 version on sale.. where's the XBox love!?

Seriously, if one of you guys gets Battlefront 2 on XB for like $10, shoot me a PM[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the second post in I mentioned this... this is a a mistake on the ad, K-Mart / Sears both meant to put Battlefront 1 in, someone missed up somewhere along the way, I've already seen the retraction notice to be put in my dept. letting customers know that Battlefront 2 is NOT part of the sale, I've already talked with the district manager about this.

K-Mart, as a company, is smart enough to realize that if they dropped a month old $50 dollar game so cheap, they'd do it for all systems and not stick it in a group with a bunch of older, not so good games... that bitch would be front and center with a huge pricetag letting everyone know.

Your chance of getting this at K-Mart is slim... however, even if the store you PM at DOES call K-Mart, 95% of them don't answer their phone, so you're in the clear.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Which ad is this in? The newest ad they had a Kmart day was the Thanksgiving day sale ad, had nothing about this in there.[/QUOTE]

It's in a huge ad... the first few pages are for the Friday 5 hour sale, the next few pages are for the Saturday 5 hour sale, and the remaining pages are for the Friday / Saturday sale (where BF 2 is in).

Customers told me they got tommorrow's ad in today's paper.

This is a tough call.

Sure, there's a crapload of profit to make and all stores should have plenty of copies to derail any bitching about hoarding, BUT all of those dumbasses clogging stores on Saturday.

I guess if the wife is dragging me through stores Saturday I could be persuaded to do some PMing.

Just got the K-Mart add and there it was illuminated as if the clouds had parted and light shined down on it, Battlefront II for 12.99. Best thing is that it is listed in the ad for Friday and Saturday. This is important because most retailers won't pricematch because it is an item listed between a selected set of hours. So for all you CAG's thinking that pricematching at CC is not possible think again. The reason it is better to pricematch at CC is just like 62t said:

[quote name='62t']nope, it is 10% of the difference, so
12.99 - .1 (49.99 - 12.99)[/QUOTE]

So you get around $3.70 off the $12.99 pricetag. I'll probably pick up two and trade one in to cover the price of the first and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Good Luck everyone.

good luck getting it Pm anyplace cause there is no price on it they can say.. the 12.99 sticker is on the 4 games no where does it say BF2 is 12.99 so be ready to be shot down

bread's done
Back